Project USUM Team Building Competition (v2)! (Round 7: Vivillon)

Is Eternally a cute user?

• Yes

Votes: 126 48.3%
  • No

Votes: 99 37.9%
  • Hai :3

Votes: 105 40.2%

• Total voters

Absol @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Superpower
- Swords Dance

Garbodor @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Aftermath
EVs: 252 HP / 136 SpD / 120 Spe
Careful Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes
- Pain Split

Steelix @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 240 SpD / 16 Spe
Careful Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Protect

Blastoise @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Def / 200 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Toxic
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin

Passimian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Rock Slide

Mismagius @ Ghostium Z
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Power Gem
- Nasty Plot
- Taunt

The best Absol set in the Diancie meta was the all-out attacking set with Iron Tail, but now that Diancie is gone SD is a better option than Iron Tail. I'm supporting Absol with 2 solid fairy resists in Garbodor and Steelix. I decided to use Rocky Helmet on Garbodor to get chip on Passimian. Protect on Steelix is nice with Garbodor's Toxic Spikes. I put Ice Beam on Blastoise because this team has trouble switching into Dhelmise. I initially put Rotom in place of Mismagius which helps with Dhelmise, but the team was more Delphox weak. Scarf Passimian gives a Scrafty check as well as speed control. Passimian is pretty cool on spike-stacking teams because it forces a lot of switches and can take advantage of Defog with Defiant. Taunt on Mismagius is nice for shutting down stall and preventing defog, but protect is also a cool option to take advantage of poisoned opponents as well as scout. If you decide to switch Taunt to Protect I would recommend running 56 DEF EVS to always live a CB Sneasel's Pursuit from full HP. I hope you enjoy this team, Absol is a fun mon to build around!

Abejas

Yo where Ken at
is a Top Tiering Contributor

I decided to use SD absol since it seemed a cool mon to build around. The first partner was Weezing since it provides a solid fairy and fighting check while also providing tspikes. After that, i wanted to build a team that could take advantage of the tspikes support so I added this unique Sceptile set. With Vileplume leaving, Sub Seed Sceptile was a cool concept and ended being a fun pokemon to use, since combined with tspikes, it can beat almost every pokemon 1v1. Protect lets you scout the faster pokemon such as Aero and Passimian while giving more recovery with leech seed, which is very cool. Next I needed a decent fire resist that could get up rocks, so i opted to use Druddigon. Blastoise provides spin support and a nice way to deal with rhydon/steelix. The ev spread guarantees an OHKO to alolan Exeggutor with ice beam while also 2hkoing offensive Dhelmise and Decidueye. Finally Togedemaru provides a solid form of speed control while also being another soft check to Fairy-type Pokemon.

Yoshi

IT'S FINK DUMBASS
Round 6: Toxic Spikes

Toxic Spikes are super broken llmao. Yes, you can use one of those Pokemon. Omastar and Qwilfish are potential options if you would like as well.
Deadline for submissions is (8 / 23 / 19)
Have fun :toast:!​

Katy

Banned deucer.
Dual Momentum + Toxic Spikes Weezing

727.png1200px-134Vaporeon.png110.png1200px-766Passimian.png112Rhydon.png2781-Shiny-Dhelmise.png

Explanation:
This Team is built around Weezing with Toxic Spikes, Weezings Set is Sludge Bomb, Will-o-Wisp, Pain Split and Tosic Spikes, Weezing can check Passimian whereas Incineroar checks strong
psychic-types such as Delphox and it can damage Slowking heavily and takes nothing from Future Sight and is easily brought in with the Monentum on this team.
Umbreon Is a strong water resist and can check water-types such as Blastoise with its amazing ability and can poison opposing threats with Toxic and is able to Wish Pass.
Weezing the highlight is a pain for physical attackers as it can easily check them and wear them down simultaneously with its Rocky Helmet. Will-o-Wisp guarantees that no pokemon can come in for free, same mention
goes for Sludge Bomb as it has a chance to poison the target.
Pain Split is a nice option to heal Weezing up and it has some kind of longevity in the long run and the last slot is reserved for Toxic Spikes.
Passimian is the Scarfer and adds a bit of speed to this team, it can also give Momentum via U-Turn and it has a strong STAB in Close Combat with a good attack stat. Defiant is Passimians
threatening ability because it can get an attack rise when it comes in on a Defog from the opposing pokémon.
Rhydon is here the Rocker and an electric-type immunity and it can set Rocks very reliable due to its good bulk and Evolite. Swords Dance will boost its already good Attack and a dual-stab-combo
makes it a good threat.
Last mon is Dhelmise, which is a check to Heliolisk, as Heliolisk seems a bit threatening for this team and it adds a Rapid Spinner to the team as it is important to keep the Rocks and T-Spikes up
to wear down the opposing team in the long run. Power Whip, Heavy Slam und Earthquake are the necessary Move Options, which will hit a good chunk of the NU-tier pretty hard due to the Choice Band boost.

Team:
Incineroar @ Figy Berry
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 244 HP / 100 Def / 164 SpD
Impish Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Earthquake

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Wish
- Protect

Weezing @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 152 Def / 88 SpD / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split
- Toxic Spikes

Passimian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Earthquake

Rhydon @ Eviolite
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance

Dhelmise @ Choice Band
Ability: Steelworker
EVs: 52 HP / 252 Atk / 204 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Power Whip
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin

Last edited:

Funbot28

Banned deucer.

Toxic Spikes + Sub BU Braviary Balance

As soon as I saw the build idea for this week I knew I wanted to build a team pairing both Tspikes + Sub Bulk Up Brav as I feel its a really nasty core that can punish a lot of balance builds. I chose Weezing as the Tspike setter even if Garb may the better setter and Grass + Fairy resist due to it being able to better check Fighting types (most notably Passi which is otherwise really annoying to this team) alongside being a switchin to Toxic Steelix and status it so that Brav can have an easier time sweeping as a result. Toise is here as the best form of hazard control in the tier alongside providing an Incineroar, Rhydon, and Mega Glalie check all in one. Ice Beam is preferred as it can unsuspecting Dhelmise and Decidueye alongside Druddigon and weaken them. Scarf Toge is here to provide useful pivoting and can also pseudo check Lisk and opposing Flying types alongside Sceptile, Xatu and Mesprit which can be nice in a pinch. Rhydon is the best SR user in the tier hands down alongside Druddigon and provides not only wallbreaking capabilities thanks to SD, but also acts as a secondary Fire resist and Electric immune which can be really nice for mindgames. Not much else to add lol. CM Delphox is final mon and is the Z move user of the team alongside also help Weezing check Comfey and Whimsicott which can be nice (also pairs well with Tspikes in order to weaken Incin and Slowking which is dope).

The team is p straightforward and I feel can handle the current meta really well. Thanks Rabia for looking it over you little nerd.

Aerodactyl @ Rockium Z
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Roost
- Protect

Garbodor @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Aftermath
EVs: 248 HP / 140 SpD / 120 Spe
Careful Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes
- Pain Split

Blastoise @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Def / 200 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Refresh
- Rapid Spin

Comfey @ Life Orb
Ability: Triage
EVs: 104 HP / 252 SpA / 152 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draining Kiss
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Calm Mind

Steelix @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 248 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Heavy Slam
- Stealth Rock
- Protect

Incineroar @ Iapapa Berry
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 244 HP / 100 Def / 164 SpD
Impish Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Earthquake

Hi I have an Aerodactyl team here that uses Protect in conjunction with Toxic Spikes to chip the opponent. Protect on Aerodactyl is useful for scouting the scarfers that attempt to revenge kill Aerodactyl. If Passimian goes for Close Combat you slowly pp stall it. I chose Rockium Z because i want a solid way of checking Braviary. Garbodor has enough speed for adamant Pangoro, then the rest of the the evs are invested in SPDEF to check Comfey. I chose Blastoise as the spinner because it switches into the bulky grounds that Aerodactyl struggles with. Refresh helps against other bulky waters. I went with Comfey instead of a scarfer because I needed something capable of setting up still on the team, and my team already has Steelix which is a fine switch-in to Heliolisk, so Togedemaru isn't necessary in this slot. The Rocker is Steelix, i needed a good switch in to poisons since i have Comfey on the team. It's usually best to pack 2 Comfey answers if you can because alot of Comfey builds have ways of chipping its checks and counters. Incineroar is added as a Dhelmise / Decidueye check since Blastoise is running Refresh instead of Ice Beam. I've had alot of success with this team and wanted to use it more in the NU Blitz Tour, but I'll leave this one for the boys.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)