USUM Sample Teams

Hi geeezer

Team Pastebin

I have made and used this team extensively for the past month and have had some experience facing stall. Note that this team fairly old and may need to be updated (I would, but have not had the time to play much recently). I'll go over the overall role/purpose of each member:

Team Breakdown

1. I wanted to build around nasty plot Celebi. Here are the initial two Pokemon I based my team around:
Celebi @ Groundium Z
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Baton Pass
- Earth Power
- Giga Drain
- Psychic

Standard NP Celebi. Psychic>Dazzling Gleam due to the team being build around checking the mons that dazzling would hit anyways (ex: Latias). Groundium-Z helps weaken A-Muk for Starmie later on in the match, though most good players will scout for Z-earth power, so weakening it on the switch is helpful.

Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Analytic
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hydro Pump
- Psyshock
- Ice Beam

I have hazard removal on another member of my team, and thunberbolt is extremely nice to have to take on Empoleon, Volcanion, Mantine, as well as 2HKO most Suicune. The other moves are self-explanatory.

I wanted to build around covering its checks (ex: Scizor, Aero, Latias and other revenge killers). I decided to pair LO 4-attacks Starmie, as it can heavily pressure and weaken Pokemon Celebi struggles with such as Latias, Mantine, Hydreigon (though most are scarfed from my experience). Also greatly improves the stall matchup, as you can 2HKO Blissey with psyshock after around 20% chip damage. In return, Celebi can weaken muk with earth power to the point where Hydro Pump 2HKOs.

2. Next, I needed a defensive Pokemon that can take advantage of Latias, Muk, Aero, Beedrill, Sylevon, Togekiss, Scizor, etc (in general, Pokemon that can revenge kill or defensively check the above core), and I needed a rocker. Aggron was added here to fulfill this role. Very standard set aside from running both earthquake and fire punch. Fire punch is 100% needed because otherwise, this team has a very poor Scizor matchup. Earthquake is ran over Toxic because most Toxic targets (alomomola, Suicune, mega bro, hippo) are hard checked by Celebi. Plus, I didn't want to let mons like Volcanion and Staka in for free (which I have nothing for defensively).
Aggron-Mega @ Aggronite
Ability: Filter
EVs: 252 HP / 8 Def / 248 SpD
Careful Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake

3. From here, I noticed that my team was extremely slow and vulnerable to offense (especially mega manectric offence). I lacked speed control, a ground immunity, and something that could pivot effectively. Scarf Hydreigon was added as a result of these weaknesses. Its main role is to revenge kill or pivot on mons such as mega manectric, serperior, and with U-turn get in one of my breakers (usually Starmie, as offensive teams usually have 0 switchins). I also added Defog>Fire Blast as I had defensive (later on in the building process) and offensive answers to cobalion and klefki, although like I said this team is a little bit old, so feel free to change it.
Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- U-turn
- Dark Pulse
- Draco Meteor
- Defog

4. The final two Pokemon added are "glue" that mainly serve to help the above core. Firstly, I added CB Scizor with Pursuit. This is extremely helpful in a stall matchup to chip Blissey to the point where LO Psyshock from Starmie 2HKOs. In addition, Scizor baits in Gliscor, Alomomola, and Quagsire on stall, which LO Starmie takes advantage of. Finally, trapping Latias is nice because this team lacks wish support for Aggron, meaning that it is heavily pressured in a lot of matchups, so being able to trap Latias after a draco eases some of this pressure.

Gliscor was added mainly to have a more reliable ground immunity, to better handle scarf Infernape, and to have something to more directly counter Klefki (bare in mind that this team was made when Klefki offense was much more common). The EVs are to take an HP Ice from M-Man most of the time from full, and to outspeed 252+ base 80s. This is probably the least useful or essential team member, so feel free to swap it out for other alternatives.
Scizor @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Pursuit

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 128 SpD / 136 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Facade
- Roost

Replays, Weaknesses, & Things to Consider

Here I've attached two replays against stall that showcase this team succeeding. Bare in mind that these are only ladder replays (around 1500-1650 ranking )against random players. As such, their quality is questionable and is not an indication of how this team will do in a tournament setting. These are the only two stall matchups I could find, but I had some losses against stall that I unfortunately didn't save, which were mainly due to me becoming impatient and sacking something hastily.

As for weaknesses, this team has a very bad matchup against Mega Manectric. Keep scarf Hydreigon alive for this, and in an emergency, Gliscor can take an HP Ice and kill back with Earthquake. Consider changing out Gliscor for another ground type potentially that checks Manectric better. The Scizor matchup is decent, but always scout for Superpower instead of going Aggron every time. If you let Starmie die, Gliscor becomes troublesome as well, so in those matchups prioritize keeping it around to handle Gliscor. Finally, Mega Pidgeott and Moltres (especially Moltres) are annoying to deal with -- try and keep rocks up so they can't come in for free.

For everyone who reads this, please feel free to provide feedback and suggestions here, through PMs, or on my profile, as this team is somewhat old and could use some fine-tuning. Thank you for reading.

[Edit 1: Error in a set from the pastebin]

Last edited:

wuhoodude

Goodbye Bewear
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Nice! keep em coming

EDIT: Not to be an asshole but I experienced some problems with this team. Works well vs stall Ill give you that, but it is cleany 6-0ed by BD azumarill if breloom has taken of 1/4 of its health. Similarly SD scizor also easily plows through once chandelure is removed by a pursuit user or if it switches into SR twice (Not that big of a problem tho, since pretty much nothing on your team lets it set up except a choice locked hydreigon, or if they evade a scald burn). I have a replay vs BD azu to show you what I mean. Since you dont have a defogger BD azu + spikes is a 100% guaranteed win (I could have stopped him from getting them all up if I didnt predict wrong 2 times, but if he was smart he would have saved klefki and gotten them up later anyway):
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uu-724588294

So while this team is great vs stall it loses out on other matchups vs very common sweepers. Making teams that fare well vs regular playstyles AND stall at the same time is very very difficult tho. Which is why I hate the playstyle:)
I posted a team a while ago that has a good matchup vs regular playstyles AND stall. There are two replays of the team vs stall, one of them is against pif. If you like you can use the team.

I posted a team a while ago that has a good matchup vs regular playstyles AND stall. There are two replays of the team vs stall, one of them is against pif. If you like you can use the team.
Ay that one I like. Looks cool:) gonna try it

Tried it now. It struggles alot as you say in your posts vs the birds like moltres and pidgeot. But also vs primarina and nidoking. Primarina just clicks moonblast tbh and youre fucked. A severe lack of speed control also means once the opponent manages to punch a hole you have no way of revenging fast threats that try to clean. Not a bad team by any means tho:)

Last edited:

Freeroamer

The greatest story of them all.
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
If you still want it for samples, here's the updated version of my team that I used for the bulk of my UULT laddering: http://pokepast.es/37e141d850de8ed8

I wanted to build with Breloom, and the first partner I picked out was a Pursuit Aero, able to Pursuit and chip the likes of Beedrill, Crobat and Chandelure, all of which can be nuisances that prevent a Breloom sweep. I was running Jolly Breloom until yesterday when explodingdaisies pointed out that you don't really miss too much other than Timid Primarina and other base 70s, which compared to the extra power isn't really a great tradeoff. Hippo provided Stealth Rock and a safe Manectric response which I was looking for on a team like this, as I was more interested in going for balance than bulky offense. Tentacruel provides a few resists I was really lacking at this point while also providing hazard removal, most important for Aero allowing it to come in and out as freely as possible. The SR setters it can't spin on tend to get heavily pressured by Breloom, meaning it was a nice fit here. I prefer Sludge Bomb to Sludge Wave, as the OHKO on Breloom is not crucial here with a Sap Sipper Azu on the team and I like the ability to spread poisons on stuff like Latias. Speed outspeeds Jolly Loom and all other 70s. Obviously I just get trashed by Latias up to this point so next mon was the mandatory Steel, which in this case I chose to be Scizor. I didn't really want CB here, as I felt like I wanted to be able to more reliably be able to take and return hits, although the ability to be able to Pursuit Latias would definitely be nice. Swords Dance Iron Plate is a set that gives me a great one two with Breloom in terms of potential wincons while also giving me the ability to Roost off damage and be prevalent in the longterm. Speed always outspeeds Adamant Azumarill. At this point I get brutalised by Serperior and Hydreigon, and wanted a secondary Fighting resist, so Sap Sipper Azu was my choice for the last slot. The ability to trap the occasional Amoonguss is excellent for Breloom, but everyone knows what this mon does so no point going into great detail here. I initially had a physically defensive spread but after experimenting with this SpDef spread I've decided to keep it. It allows you to trap even Sludge Bomb Amoonguss and gives you somewhat a chance against the Poison Z set, but you have to bait the Z. The added SpDef has also come in handy vs stuff like Blastoise, Hydreigon and soaking up Psychics from Scarf Lati.

A well played Amoonguss is irritating to this team, and Scizor is always annoying despite having a Tenta, Hippowdon and a Scizor of my own. Specs Necrozma is a frankly awful matchup for this team, as it's a breaker that I don't have a defensive response for nor one that I can OHKO with any of my mons. It's unlikely to 6-0 but it will do enough damage to the point where the game becomes extremely difficult to win. In general this team gave me good matchups against a ton of stuff though, so it's something I recommend trying!

Aron Offense
Ditto @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Imposter
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Transform

Xatu @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 24 Def / 52 SpA / 180 Spe
Timid Nature
- U-turn
- Toxic
- Heat Wave
- Roost

Aron (F) @ Shell Bell
Ability: Sturdy
Level: 1
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
IVs: 0 HP
- Endeavor
- Toxic
- Magnet Rise
- Iron Head

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 200 SpD / 56 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Roost
- Toxic

Slowbro-Mega @ Slowbronite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 216 Def / 32 SpD / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Slack Off

Blissey @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Counter
- Toxic
- Soft-Boiled
- Fire Blast

You may think this team is a joke. You may think it can't stand up in the meta, but hear me out. You all understand the F.E.A.R strategy, if you don't, look it up. Aron destroys everything that can't heal back up. Hydreigon switches in, scoffing at the lv 1 MEME on the other team? Boom. Now you have a Hydreigon at 1% and stealth rocks are up. Xatu makes sure hazards can't break Aron's sturdy. He also stops any Rage Material strategies, such as Klefki,Gliscor, and toxic. U turn keeps him safe from Muk Alola. Firium Z can be used to give him more offensive power, securing KOs on grass/steel types that may otherwise prove troublesome(Breloom, Metagross, Heracross). Slowbro-Mega+Blissey is an amazing defensive backbone, with Gliscor adding rocks and doing what it does best. Finally,Ditto can sweep at any time, and revenge kill almost anything.
Replays:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uu-729812638
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uu-729812243
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uu-730012020
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uu-730018057
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uu-730023768
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uu-730029717

Last edited:

Amane Misa

Bring Them Home Now!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Aron Offense
Ditto @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Imposter
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Transform

Xatu @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 24 Def / 52 SpA / 180 Spe
Timid Nature
- U-turn
- Toxic
- Heat Wave
- Roost

Aron (F) @ Shell Bell
Level: 1
EVs: 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
IVs: 0 HP
- Endeavor
- Toxic
- Magnet Rise
- Iron Head

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 200 SpD / 56 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Roost
- Toxic
EVs: 252 HP / 216 Def / 32 SpD / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Slack Off

Blissey @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Counter
- Toxic
- Soft-Boiled
- Fire Blast

You may think this team is a joke. You may think it can't stand up in the meta, but hear me out. You all understand the F.E.A.R strategy, if you don't, look it up. Aron destroys everything that can't heal back up. Hydreigon switches in, scoffing at the lv 1 MEME on the other team? Boom. Now you have a Hydreigon at 1% and stealth rocks are up. Xatu makes sure hazards can't break Aron's sturdy. He also stops any Rage Material strategies, such as Klefki,Gliscor, and toxic. U turn keeps him safe from Muk Alola. Firium Z can be used to give him more offensive power, securing KOs on grass/steel types that may otherwise prove troublesome(Breloom, Metagross, Heracross). Slowbro-Mega+Blissey is an amazing defensive backbone, with Gliscor adding rocks and doing what it does best. Finally,Ditto can sweep at any time, and revenge kill almost anything.
Replays:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uu-729812638
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uu-729812243
This is not a teams dump. The team archive is reserved for teams that are capable of working well against the majority of the high ladder players (use the 1700s and above as a good reference for what is high ladder) and against high-level opponents. This team is bad; it is very gimmicky and just straight up loses to common strategies, such as VoltTurn.

Fine, fine. It requires skill to use, and does rely on a gimmick. Usable, but not perfect, and a bad choice for beginners. I'll leave it there for those who are interested, but I can make much more quality teams, that one was on more of a whim.
Scizor Nape: Dark Times
Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 SpD
Calm Nature
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Sludge Bomb

Quagsire @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
Relaxed Nature
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Recover

Infernape (F) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Blaze
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Stone Edge

Scizor (M) @ Fightinium Z
EVs: 120 HP / 252 Atk / 136 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Superpower
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn

Togekiss (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Air Slash
- Nasty Plot
- Roost
- Heal Bell

Gliscor (M) @ Toxic Orb
EVs: 244 HP / 208 SpD / 56 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Roost

This team is built off of 2 distinct cores, but 3 in total. The first core is a defensive one,Amoonguss+Quagsire, which together can check many hyper offense teams, which appear to be common in the meta. The second core is an offensive one, with Scizor+Infernape, slow and fast U turn combined with excellent stab combinations to keep the opponent guessing. Scizor+Togekiss create the final core, which destroys stall. Scizor's All Out Pummelling crushes Aggron-M at+2, as well as most bulky things in general. With its main counter out of the way, Togekiss can plough through stall. Finally, Gliscor sets up rocks, checks things which AmoonSire dislikes, such as Hydreigon,Latias, and Beedrill M, while also providing a helpful hand towards defeating stall. Lastly, watch out for Volcanion, which can truly punish this team. Feel free to try variations in order to combat this issue.
Pending, but if you have any doubts about the team quality, try it out. Watch out for Volcanion!!

Scizor Nape Series
Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
EVs: 244 HP / 12 Def / 196 SpD / 56 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Roost
- Earthquake

Klefki @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 128 Def / 124 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Play Rough
- Light Screen

Gastrodon @ Waterium Z
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP / 208 Def / 4 SpA / 44 SpD
Bold Nature
- Recover
- Scald
- Earth Power
- Toxic

Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Flare Blitz
- Close Combat
- Gunk Shot

Scizor (M) @ Choice Band
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Pursuit

Blastoise-Mega @ Blastoisinite
Ability: Rain Dish
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
- Water Pulse
- Dark Pulse
- Aura Sphere
- Rapid Spin

Scizor (M) @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Pursuit
- Superpower

Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Gunk Shot

Gliscor (M) @ Toxic Orb
EVs: 244 HP / 12 Def / 116 SpD / 136 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Facade
- Roost

Klefki @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 128 Def / 124 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Play Rough
- Reflect

Blastoise-Mega @ Blastoisinite
Ability: Rain Dish
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
- Water Pulse
- Dark Pulse
- Aura Sphere
- Rapid Spin

Seismitoad @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 200 HP / 252 Def / 56 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power
- Scald
- Knock Off

Gangsta (Sceptile-Mega) (M) @ Sceptilite
Ability: Overgrow
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Focus Blast

Scizor (M) @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Pursuit

Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Gunk Shot

Gliscor (M) @ Toxic Orb
EVs: 244 HP / 12 Def / 196 SpD / 56 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Roost

Klefki @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 116 Def / 144 SpD
Calm Nature
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Dazzling Gleam
- Light Screen

Starmie @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Rapid Spin

Last edited:
Zenith Hyper Offense
imgproxy.gif
giphy.gif

5bf.gif
gliscor-o.gif
giphy (1).gif

Azumarill.Breloom.Scizor and Latias. Gliscor. These five pokemon constitute the zenith of the tier. The peak, the summit. No physical attacker can be compared to the likes of Breloom and Azumarill. Scizor is infamous as one of the best pokemon in all metas and generations ever since it received Bullet Punch. Latias is the lady in red, similar to how it bloodies the battlefield, and Gliscor basks in its glory. Triple Priority Trio lets us control anyone who penetrates the speed barrier. Latias squares off against the teams greatest threats, such a Manectric M,Volcanion and Breloom himself. Azumarill is near usntoppable after a belly drum, only Quagsire can take its powerful moves. Gliscor stalls out stall itself, and makes the battlefield a treacherous terrain. Scizor cleans and conquers,while Breloom goes berserk after an SD, making it a menace to its foes. A final warning: This team balances on the tip of a precarious slope, and does not take kindly to any missteps.
Breloom @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Seed
- Mach Punch
- Rock Tomb

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 84 HP / 252 Atk / 172 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off
- Belly Drum

Latias @ Dragonium Z
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost
- Calm Mind

Scizor @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Quick Attack

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
EVs: 244 HP / 208 SpD / 56 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Roost

Sharpedo-Mega @ Sharpedonite
Ability: Speed Boost
Adamant Nature
- Crunch
- Ice Fang
- Psychic Fangs
- Protect

Attachments

Last edited:
Catastrophe
3ce.gif
tumblr_m3kw54DD0o1qd87hlo1_500.gif
fd9f625f90a74db8bd484e88f5a5023a5f52e7e7_hq.gif

I noted that not many people have been posting teams recently. Not a single team has been posted for nearly 3 weeks. It's not too hard to understand why, as in the current meta it can be a struggle to find a team that functions well against most playstyles. However, I'm posting this team because I think I've come close. Goodra is the mascot of the team thanks to one vital function: It walls Serperior. It also can switch in against Volcanion and Starmie. Alomomola comes next in line, since it checks about 90% of the physically based meta in one teamslot. Wish lets it keep Goodra alive as well. Togekiss is added in to take dracos, which both of the latter pokemon are afraid to take. It also functions as an emergency Serperior counter, as well as a Breloom check. Togekiss can act as a jack of all trades, since it acts as a wall, cleric, and stallbreaker. Seismitoad stops Manectric-M from grabbing momentum, sets up rocks, and lures Breloom. Latias is simply the best offensive defogger I could find, and that's all there is to it. It can get past Max Atk Muk-A with Dragonium Z+Draco after rocks. Finally, Heracross keeps the team from being too defensive, since it outspeeds most Gliscors, and crushes stall. There is literally almost no way to stop this guy when he's at +2.
Goodra @ Assault Vest
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Sludge Bomb
- Dragon Tail

Alomomola @ Leftovers
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Def / 216 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Wish
- Protect

Togekiss @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Heal Bell
- Air Slash
- Roost

Seismitoad @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 SpA / 32 SpD / 224 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Earth Power
- Sludge Wave
- Stealth Rock

Latias @ Dragonium Z
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor
- Roost
- Defog

Heracross @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Close Combat
- Facade
- Swords Dance

Replays:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uu-739937641
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uu-739941103
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uu-740051387

Last edited:

Moutemoute

Error 404
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
Stall to the Top !

Blissey @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Soft-Boiled
- Heal Bell
- Seismic Toss

Slowbro-Mega (M) @ Slowbronite
EVs: 248 HP / 214 Def / 40 SpD / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Slack Off
- Scald
- Psyshock

Alomomola (F) @ Rocky Helmet
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Scald
- Toxic

Quagsire (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Recover
- Protect
- Scald
- Earthquake

Crobat (F) @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 248 HP / 76 Atk / 184 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Roost
- Defog
- Toxic
- Brave Bird

Muk-Alola (M) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Poison Touch
EVs: 248 HP / 92 Atk / 148 SpD / 20 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Poison Jab
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Shadow Sneak

Hey there guys, I'm back with a fat gift !
Firstable you have the classic core Blissey - Alomomola - Quagsire. I decided to put Protect on Quagsire over something like Curse, Ice Beam or Toxic because it allows Quagsire to check Choice Lock Pokemon along with Z-Move like Cobalion Z-Fight, Scizor Z-Fight/Bug, Terrakion Z-Rock/Fight etc.. Since my team hasn't any Dragon Resist, it's cool to PP waste a Hydreigon's Draco Meteor.
Slowbro-Mega was a Pokemon that I wanted to test in Stall. This beast can check Pokemon like SD Gliscor, SD Guts Heracross and nearly every Guts user while giving a Win Condition which is awesome especially vs other Stall Team if you can get a Burn / regular poison on it. At this point I was 6-0ed by some grass shit like NP Celebi, SubSeed Serperior and this damn Breloom. I decided to add to the team Crobat + Muk-A. This two pair pretty well together and give me solid answers to grass type + Defog and Trapping utility.

The team allows me to reach for the very first time the first place on the Ladder o/

Threat List :

If it runs Rock Tomb, then it can nuke Crobat on the switch and then Bullet Seed through the team.. BAN THIS THING :[
It can breaks my walls thanks to its typing. You need to play around and weaken it.
CM Dragonium Z with Psyshock can be deadly if Muk-A took some residual damages.
NP Heal Bell is a pain is the ass. Air Flinch is trully annoying..
SD / DD / Sub DD.. all its sets can break through the team if you missplay.
LO Version with STAB + Superpower are extremely dangerous for the team.

Last edited:
A team without hazard control. A team without toxic. No choice scarf users. No megas. How could such a team work? Well, use it and find out.
Seis (Seismitoad) @ Mago Berry
EVs: 252 SpA / 28 SpD / 228 Spe
Timid Nature
- Surf
- Earth Power
- Sludge Wave
- Stealth Rock

Mr.Scissors (Scizor) @ Life Orb
EVs: 160 HP / 252 Atk / 96 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Pursuit
- Superpower

Breloom @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Seed
- Mach Punch
- Rock Tomb
- Spore

Latias @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Recover

Togekiss @ Babiri Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 Spe
Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Air Slash
- Thunder Wave
- Roost

Chandelure @ Firium Z
Ability: Flash Fire
Modest Nature
- Overheat
- Shadow Ball
- Calm Mind
- Substitute

I've actually been using this team for quite some time, running into many experienced players on the ladder. It is perhaps a team that is the most unique in the metagame, as it uses only 1 standard set, Breloom. Even Breloom runs the rare rock tomb. Speaking of Breloom, my Seismitoad is designed to take him out. Seismitoad is so good. So good. It takes on Manectric and Aerodactyl, soft checks Starmie and Volcanion, and most importantly revenge kills Breloom. It runs the given speed in order to outspeed all Brelooms as well as defog Gliscor, whom is 2hkoed by surf. Why surf? I'm sick of hydro miss. Sludge Wave has a 32.5% chance to KO breloom from full, but after rocks it gets the job done. A mago berry lets Seis spring back when its forced to face crazy pokemon its defensive spread is supposed to take on, but this set lacks the bulk to do so. Scizor runs a wacky all out attacking set, which lets it pivot, trap Latias/Starmie/Gengar, and maximizes its priority. I originally ran roost over superpower, but I never got a chance to click roost, and Superpower OHKOs Empoleon and Infernape. The spread lets Scizor outspeed people who are foolish enough to run Seismitoad without the speed. (Speedy Seismitoad is too good). Breloom is Breloom. It breaks stall. It provides priority. It is very hard to switch into unless the opponent runs a rare, probably passive mon. LO Latias wrecks people who think Malt gets the job done. It lures Scizor as well. Why do I run Babiri Togekiss as well? I actually don't regret it most of the time, as it does wacky things to cobalion,Maggron and Metagross. It also prevents me from being forced out by Scizor, who often isn't lured to its death fast enough. Thunder Wave lets me turn my counters into dead weight. M-Aerodactyl,Gengar,Nihilego and speedy Tentacruel. All hate thunder wave with a passion. Lastly, Chandelure. I love Chandelure. It is my favorite pokemon of all time. However, it sucks. Why? Stealth Rock comes in to cut into that frail bulk aided by pursuit don't forget Alolan Muk and how Chandy can't take hits from near anything. In other words, my beloved chandelier has a short shelf life. What does Chandy have? The highest non-mega special attack in UU. Combine that with its ability to 1v1 blissey with a sub, and it access to calm mind, it doesn't seem so bad. But then you can't forget A-Muk. It prevents you from all of this. Not to mention Krook, who survives an unboosted fire blast and kills Chandy. Well, this team utilizes Chandelure's potential beyond normal bounds. Z-Overheat turns Chandelure into a nuke that spreads fear amongst stall and offense alike. At +1 it kos A-Muk after rocks. Unboosted, it KOes any offensive poke that doesn't resist it, KOs many that do. Chandelure uses its short lifespan to leave the other team on its knees. With Breloom added to the mix, it gets bad.

Replays:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uu-748420182
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uu-748420125
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uu-748406714
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uu-748427665 Stall Match
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uu-748445837 Stall
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uu-765118601
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uu-765117206
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uu-765115281
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uu-765112639
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uu-765111304
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uu-766022287

Last edited:

Amane Misa

Bring Them Home Now!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Latias @ Dragonium Z
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Calm Mind
- Recover

Magneton @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Swampert @ Eject Button
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Scald
- Toxic

Scizor @ Life Orb
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Roost

Aerodactyl-Mega @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Aqua Tail
- Earthquake
- Pursuit

Togekiss @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Air Slash
- Fire Blast
- Dazzling Gleam
- Trick

The idea of the team was pretty mindless. I wanted to make a team that on one hand will be effective and on the other hand be as mindless as possible. Because of that, I started with Dragonium Z Latias + Magneton. Dragonium Z Latias is pretty underrated right now; people forgot how good it used to be mid-SM. Magneton is a natural partner because it traps and severely weakens Steel-types, such as Scizor, for a Latias sweep. Swampert is the main backbone of the team, providing it with a switch-in to pivots, such as Mega Manectric, Raikou, and Scizor. It is holding an Eject Button specifically for Scizor; if Scizor attacks Swampert the Eject Button is activated and you get a free switch-in to Magneton. I needed a secondary Steel-type so Mega Altaria will be less of a threat, so I have some priority for faster threats, and so I have a secondary wincon. Mega Aerodactyl was added because I was pretty weak to Flying-types, such as Moltres and Mega Pidgeot. Mega Aerodactyl also provides me with a reliable way to revenge kill Ghost-types, such as Chandelure and Gengar. Lastly, I needed a Fairy-type and I felt like Serperior was a really huge threat. I added Choice Scarf Togekiss because of this, and because it can lure certain Steel-types, such as Mega Aggron and Mega Steelix, that Magneton can't reliably weaken for Latias, with Fire Blast. All in all, the team has been pretty successful, allowing me to do really well on the ladder (peak top 10) and beat Welli0u in UUPL (https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen7uu-378836).

pokemonisfun

Banned deucer.
https://pokepast.es/38c556243d18b082

Balance team:

Absolutely great team for beginners to use to learn the tier because it is just three standard cores meshed together: the offense core of Krookodile plus Latias, the stall core of Blissey plus Alomomola, and the balance core of Venusaur plus Empoleon.

There is pretty good synergy in the team as nearly all top threats are countered but the team can still make very strong attacks with both Krookodile and Latias. Venusaur still has average power despite being a wall because of its good coverage.

The main weakness of the team are some Fighting types like Cobalion and Terrakion if they have Swords Dance, and stall teams because Krookodile and Latias combined often struggle to break stall; although they do get plenty of chances to try with Wish + Heal Bell support. SD Scizor is also a problem but with two Scald users, Rocky Helmet Krookodile, and HP Fire defensive Venusaur, its manageable.

CATALINA (Mesprit) @ Colbur Berry
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- Hidden Power [Fire]

OCEAN (Suicune) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 40 SpD / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Protect

KIBRIS (Flygon) @ Dragonium Z
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance
- Iron Tail

DE PLATA (Scizor) @ Choice Band
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Pursuit

DOMINO (Manectric) @ Manectite
Ability: Lightning Rod
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power [Ice]

ZAMIN (Hydreigon) @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- U-turn
- Defog

fun bulky offense team around volturn with 2 wincon, vincune + dd-z gon. DD Flygon takes advantage of Krookodile popularity because DD Flygon at +1 outruns common scarfs such Krookodile and Hydreigon, others as Latias gets trapped by Scizor. CB Scizor + M-Manectric + Scarf Hydreigon is my volturn offensive core which helps to Flygon and Suicune to increase their chances to sweep getting a free turn after volt/u-turn. Mesprit is my Stealth Rock user and lure all-round.

As weakness I should say Infernape is quite annoying, Scarf ape outruns Flygon at +1 and basically outrun every pokemon on my team which makes quite annoying but cant switch into any pokemon really so avoid getting locked into Dark Pulse or Bullet Punch, NP Ape its a threat as well. M-Sharpedo, M-Bee, M-Sceptile with Hidden Power Fire, opposite M-Manectric with Hidden Power Ice are annoying to face by several reasons but manageable. be careful with opposite Suicune and Cobalion.

Other options:
- qa > pursuit = to hit harder in late game vs Infernape, M-Sharpedo and M-Manectric
- hidden power grass > hidden power ice = to deal better with stall (Quagsire) and against bulky grounds like Swamper and Rhyperior often seen on balance teams

Last edited:

vivalospride

been up all year my third eye aint even blinkin’
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Luke + Maero Balance v2

Lucario @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Inner Focus
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Vacuum Wave
- Flash Cannon
- Focus Blast

Aerodactyl-Mega @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Tough Claws
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Aqua Tail
- Earthquake
- Pursuit

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Slack Off
- Earthquake
- Toxic

Empoleon @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 76 Def / 180 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Defog
- Knock Off
- Toxic

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Def / 72 SpD / 8 Spe
Calm Nature
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Clear Smog
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Infernape @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
So this is a pretty standard and easy to use team around a super fun core I've ran a lot this gen in NP Luke + Pursuit Maero. NP Luke is the wincon for the team and has a great matchup vs fat teams and even has a p good offense matchup. Maero is capable of pursuit trapping the majority of Luke's checks such as Chandelure and Moltres. Hippowdon comes through as the rocker and synergizes with Maero very well with sandstorm, making Maero much more capable of switching into shit like Shadow Ball from Chandelure. Empoleon is the defogger of choice because it's a Lati check, and comes in on most of the same things that our rocks weak mon does. Making it so you don't have to go into Maero when there's a Moltres on your screen and rocks are up. Knock Off on Empo is cool to knock shit like Leftovers from Blissey and all that, could be replaced with Protect as well. Amoonguss comes in on the ground types like Swampert that come in for free on Maero and can pressure Empoleon and gets a free Spore off, and is also just a great pivot to have that can switch into shit like CB Scizor without too much difficulty because of Regen. Infernape comes through as the speed control and main thing to take care of steels like Scizor. Empoleon + Nape + Luke makes the Hydreigon matchup pretty solid even without a fairy on the team as well.

aim

pokeaimMD
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
Sash Spam + Manectric

team.png

Azelf @ Focus Sash
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Explosion
- Flamethrower

Crawdaunt @ Focus Sash
Ability: Adaptability
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Crabhammer
- Aqua Jet

Mamoswine @ Focus Sash
Ability: Thick Fat
Jolly Nature
- Endeavor
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Crash

Starmie @ Electrium Z
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Thunder
- Rapid Spin
- Ice Beam

Scizor @ Iron Plate
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off
- Superpower

Manectric-Mega @ Manectite
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Flamethrower
- Signal Beam
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Yo. So I built this team for my UU open round 7 game vs HT. I know HT has some wild offensive builds so I wanted something that could handle Offense and Bulky Offense relatively well and abuse Mega Manectric, which got even better with Gliscor gone, but was overshadowed at the time by Mega Venusaur, which is now banned. Azelf is rocker and pretty much 100% lead. Taunt + Boom prevents opposing rocks, flamethrower is nice for the K0 on Scizor or crucial chip on M-Aggron/Cobalion. For sashers, I wanted two that could muscle through the tier, and not care about attacks due to their focus sash so I ended up with Crawdaunt and Mamoswine. Crawdaunt being able to take a hit from a Pokemon like Terrakion/Cobalion and k0ing back with Crabhammer is amazing. I went Adamant Crawdaunt just for the raw power. Didn't think Jolly was necessary. Mamoswine I went Jolly. At worst, I wanted to speed tie with Togekiss but also outspeed threats to the team like Volcanion and Specs Magneton. Endeavor was a great last move which allows me to pick up fatter threats when weakened. Starmie was next on the team, I needed a spinner to keep my sashes in-tact. I started with Waterium Z for the K0's and tested Icium-Z as well for Amoongus/Latias but ended up with Electrium-Z. Nuking bulky waters means that I don't have to mess around with Scalds on a team packed with physical attackers. Scizor was the next member. With Pokemon like cobalion lured by sashes, or Mamoswine/Crawdaunt chipping away at threats, Scizor was great for late game clean-up or early game weakening for the two. Originally I tried Bug Bite but switched it to Knock Off as HT likes Doublade and I wanted a way of touching it. Bug Bite is for sure an option as is U-Turn if the opponent has Magneton. Last we have a very colorful Mega Manectric. I love that Gliscor being gone means that I do not have to run HP Ice, but can use HP Grass to catch Swampert/Quagsire. I use Flamethrower over Overheat as I don't want the best Scizor check on my team to miss, and rather lose out on the K0 on Cobalion. Signal beam is great currently, is an easy 2Hk0 on Krookodile/Hydreigon/ + Latias after rocks, something that Hidden Power didn't do and also catches Celebi. Volt switch was my last move for momentum. You can easily run T-Bolt somewhere on the set, but each of the 4 moves have proven themselves to me. I managed to climb to 1600 a few times with this team while testing on several alts and have a video going up today with it as well. The team definitely has some matchups it struggles with. Stall is a problem if they don't risk Quagsire and Magneton + Eject Button Amoongus/Pokemon are also threats. Choice Scarf Krookodile can definitely be a problem, as when it comes in on starmie it picks one. A way that i was able to deal with it was sometimes not mega evolving my manectric, as shown in the replay, that way I save my intimidate so krook can’t knock me out and I do around 70% with signal beam, putting it in range of any priority move. Krook also doesn’t Ko Crawdaunt, Mamoswine or Scizor (without firefang) and all of them can do massive damage back/ko back with stab/super effective attacks. As long as you keep your sashes in-tact, it’s for sure manageable. However, the team does have a nice match-up vs offense, which is what it was supposed to do and has some outs vs fat. Enjoy :]

Last edited:
Sash Spam + Manectric

View attachment 133581
Azelf @ Focus Sash
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Explosion
- Flamethrower

Crawdaunt @ Focus Sash
Ability: Adaptability
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Crabhammer
- Aqua Jet

Mamoswine @ Focus Sash
Ability: Thick Fat
Jolly Nature
- Endeavor
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Crash

Starmie @ Electrium Z
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Thunder
- Rapid Spin
- Ice Beam

Scizor @ Iron Plate
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off
- Superpower

Manectric-Mega @ Manectite
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Flamethrower
- Signal Beam
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Yo. So I built this team for my UU open round 7 game vs HT. I know HT has some wild offensive builds so I wanted something that could handle Offense and Bulky Offense relatively well and abuse Mega Manectric, which got even better with Gliscor gone, but was overshadowed at the time by Mega Venusaur, which is now banned. Azelf is rocker and pretty much 100% lead. Taunt + Boom prevents opposing rocks, flamethrower is nice for the K0 on Scizor or crucial chip on M-Aggron/Cobalion. For sashers, I wanted two that could muscle through the tier, and not care about attacks due to their focus sash so I ended up with Crawdaunt and Mamoswine. Crawdaunt being able to take a hit from a Pokemon like Terrakion/Cobalion and k0ing back with Crabhammer is amazing. I went Adamant Crawdaunt just for the raw power. Didn't think Jolly was necessary. Mamoswine I went Jolly. At worst, I wanted to speed tie with Togekiss but also outspeed threats to the team like Volcanion and Specs Magneton. Endeavor was a great last move which allows me to pick up fatter threats when weakened. Starmie was next on the team, I needed a spinner to keep my sashes in-tact. I started with Waterium Z for the K0's and tested Icium-Z as well for Amoongus/Latias but ended up with Electrium-Z. Nuking bulky waters means that I don't have to mess around with Scalds on a team packed with physical attackers. Scizor was the next member. With Pokemon like cobalion lured by sashes, or Mamoswine/Crawdaunt chipping away at threats, Scizor was great for late game clean-up or early game weakening for the two. Originally I tried Bug Bite but switched it to Knock Off as HT likes Doublade and I wanted a way of touching it. Bug Bite is for sure an option as is U-Turn if the opponent has Magneton. Last we have a very colorful Mega Manectric. I love that Gliscor being gone means that I do not have to run HP Ice, but can use HP Grass to catch Swampert/Quagsire. I use Flamethrower over Overheat as I don't want the best Scizor check on my team to miss, and rather lose out on the K0 on Cobalion. Signal beam is great currently, is an easy 2Hk0 on Krookodile/Hydreigon/ + Latias after rocks, something that Hidden Power didn't do and also catches Celebi. Volt switch was my last move for momentum. You can easily run T-Bolt somewhere on the set, but each of the 4 moves have proven themselves to me. I managed to climb to 1600 a few times with this team while testing on several alts and have a video going up today with it as well. The team definitely has some matchups it struggles with. Stall is a problem if they don't risk Quagsire and Magneton + Eject Button Amoongus/Pokemon are also threats. Choice Scarf Krookodile can definitely be a problem, as when it comes in on starmie it picks one. A way that i was able to deal with it was sometimes not mega evolving my manectric, as shown in the replay, that way I save my intimidate so krook can’t knock me out and I do around 70% with signal beam, putting it in range of any priority move. Krook also doesn’t Ko Crawdaunt, Mamoswine or Scizor (without firefang) and all of them can do massive damage back/ko back with stab/super effective attacks. As long as you keep your sashes in-tact, it’s for sure manageable. However, the team does have a nice match-up vs offense, which is what it was supposed to do and has some outs vs fat. Enjoy :]

CATALINA (Mesprit) @ Colbur Berry
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- Hidden Power [Fire]

OCEAN (Suicune) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 40 SpD / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Protect

KIBRIS (Flygon) @ Dragonium Z
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance
- Iron Tail

DE PLATA (Scizor) @ Choice Band
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Pursuit

DOMINO (Manectric) @ Manectite
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power [Ice]

ZAMIN (Hydreigon) @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- U-turn
- Defog

fun bulky offense team around volturn with 2 wincon, vincune + dd-z gon. DD Flygon takes advantage of Krookodile popularity because DD Flygon at +1 outruns common scarfs such Krookodile and Hydreigon, others as Latias gets trapped by Scizor. CB Scizor + M-Manectric + Scarf Hydreigon is my volturn offensive core which helps to Flygon and Suicune to increase their chances to sweep getting a free turn after volt/u-turn. Mesprit is my Stealth Rock user and lure all-round.

As weakness I should say Infernape is quite annoying, Scarf ape outruns Flygon at +1 and basically outrun every pokemon on my team which makes quite annoying but cant switch into any pokemon really so avoid getting locked into Dark Pulse or Bullet Punch, NP Ape its a threat as well. M-Sharpedo, M-Bee, M-Sceptile with Hidden Power Fire, opposite M-Manectric with Hidden Power Ice are annoying to face by several reasons but manageable. be careful with opposite Suicune and Cobalion.

Other options:
- qa > pursuit = to hit harder in late game vs Infernape, M-Sharpedo and M-Manectric
- hidden power grass > hidden power ice = to deal better with stall (Quagsire) and against bulky grounds like Swamper and Rhyperior often seen on balance teams
Hi. This most likely is not the place for this kind of post, but I would like for some people to consider whether or not their team is really sample-team worthy. As the initial post states, this thread is a collection of teams that beginners can pick up intuitively and represents the metagame. These two aforementioned points logically means that Sample teams should be more ladder-focused than tour-focused. Teams that feature almost unviable Pokemon or are designed to counter-play a certain player or playstyle (esp. for tour purposes) don't help to ease newer players into the metagame. I certainly think that teams that highlight strong cores or playstyles in the metagame (i.e. pif's VoltTurn or Vivalos' EmpHippo Balance) should be the focus of this thread.

As a player who leaves the metagame for months at a time due to work and graduate studies, I find it quite frustrating to come to a thread looking for up-to-date, general meta-relevant teams to get to know the metagame better, only to find stuff like Mesprit-Flygon teams or teams with four Focus Sash Pokemon on it to be the most up-to-date (and, sadly, featured in aim's case) teams.

In closing, I would like to clarify that my post isn't to disparage Aim's or Hot n Cold's teams. These two are good players and know the UnderUsed metagame very well; however, the intuition that goes behind their build (tournament building for the former and set innovation for the latter) are not concepts that beginners or returning players can grasp easily and, overall, are poor tools for learning the metagame. This thread is a resource and a teaching tool, not a dump for one's Bohemian teams or cores. We have an RMT section for that. I think that this is a good time to reconsider what these resource threads are really for and whether or not they truly serve the community well in its current iteration.

Hi. This most likely is not the place for this kind of post, but I would like for some people to consider whether or not their team is really sample-team worthy. As the initial post states, this thread is a collection of teams that beginners can pick up intuitively and represents the metagame. These two aforementioned points logically means that Sample teams should be more ladder-focused than tour-focused. Teams that feature almost unviable Pokemon or are designed to counter-play a certain player or playstyle (esp. for tour purposes) don't help to ease newer players into the metagame. I certainly think that teams that highlight strong cores or playstyles in the metagame (i.e. pif's VoltTurn or Vivalos' EmpHippo Balance) should be the focus of this thread.

As a player who leaves the metagame for months at a time due to work and graduate studies, I find it quite frustrating to come to a thread looking for up-to-date, general meta-relevant teams to get to know the metagame better, only to find stuff like Mesprit-Flygon teams or teams with four Focus Sash Pokemon on it to be the most up-to-date (and, sadly, featured in aim's case) teams.

In closing, I would like to clarify that my post isn't to disparage Aim's or Hot n Cold's teams. These two are good players and know the UnderUsed metagame very well; however, the intuition that goes behind their build (tournament building for the former and set innovation for the latter) are not concepts that beginners or returning players can grasp easily and, overall, are poor tools for learning the metagame. This thread is a resource and a teaching tool, not a dump for one's Bohemian teams or cores. We have an RMT section for that. I think that this is a good time to reconsider what these resource threads are really for and whether or not they truly serve the community well in its current iteration.
I made a team that represents the UU metagame.
It easily destroys uu laddering teams. I got to the 1650s in 1 hour or so with this team alone. My original mon had an AV gross over bulky scizor. Both work equally well imo in their roles for this team. Gross handles latis easily with pursuit trapping.
I had many requests to share this team so yeah... its getting common in the ladder more or less.

ehT

:dog:
is a Contributor Alumnus

I wanted to start with the balance breaking core of Specs Primarina and mixed Stealth Rock Kommo-o. Primarina is Primarina. Always a savage. Mixed Kommo-o is a beastly set right now, and it makes for one of the best partners for Primarina cause thanks to the combination of Spore immunity and the ability to dismantle the cookie cutter balance cores people like to run, allowing Primarina to simply smash everything else. These two also have pretty decent bulk to 1v1 scary things in a pinch. Running two slow wallbreakers obviously opens me up to a tough offense matchup, so I added Scarf Krookodile to patch that up that weakness, revenging Psychics, Ghosts, and Electrics. Pretty basic. Next I added Mega Aero as offensive glue. Between its Speed, Flying resistance, backup Pursuit, and ability to soft-check stuff a bunch of other anti-offense mons with its coverage, I've put a lot of weight on its shoulders. It also gives us a solid Moltres check, which we've so far lacked. At this point, while nothing on this team so far gives Scizor a free Swords Dance, they nevertheless all lose to Scizor at +2. In response, I've added a Scizor of my own specifically to mitigate that. Bullet Punch also helps compensate for my thus far flawed speed control. Lastly, Starmie is tacked on the end to fill some urgent defensive holes, nuke stuff with Analytic, and Spin for Aero. My lack of hazard removal on a team with Aero + single Bullet Punch resist + ample counterplay to most Grass-types and Dragon-types made Starmie fill pretty much every shortcoming I had so far.

https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/catch-fire.3641844/

Last edited:

Amane Misa

Bring Them Home Now!

Bold Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Counter
- Slack Off

Amoonguss @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 248 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Clear Smog
- Gastro Acid

Blissey @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Toxic
- Soft-Boiled
- Heal Bell

Quagsire @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Recover
- Toxic

Gligar @ Eviolite
Ability: Immunity
EVs: 252 HP / 156 Def / 100 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Roost
- Defog
- Knock Off

Stakataka @ Leftovers
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Rock Blast
- Stealth Rock
- Protect

A (better) variation of the stall team I used during the Bisharp suspect test that went 42-3 with 88.6% GXE.

Mega Slowbro is an interesting alternative to Alomomola. Unlike Alomomola, it serves as a more consistent all-around check to wallbreakers that threaten stall, like Heracross and Terrakion. Together with Rocky Helmet Amoonguss, those two form a great Regenerator core that combats VoltTurn strategies, as well as the majority of physical attackers in the tier. Blissey is an obvious and mandatory pick that handles special attackers, acts as a status absorber, and acts as a reliable cleric. Quagsire is another physical wall that handles setup sweepers such as Bisharp and Scizor, that otherwise beat the team. Gligar is the hazard remover of choice because of its ability to avoid Toxic, which lets it beat hazard setters like Hippowdon, Diancie, and Mega Aggron. Lastly, I needed a Steel-type to help against Flying-types like Togekiss and Mega Pidgeot, as well as other stallbreakers like Latias and Chandelure.

pokeisfun's VoltTurn offense and my Calm Mind Latias bulky offense were moved to Outdated Teams.

Expect more teams soon!

Adaam

إسمي جف
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis the 8th Grand Slam Winner
https://pokepast.es/ffc4197d8fda62fc

Some Frosslass HO with common HO staples. Bisharp is the mandatory partner to Frosslass to punish Defog and Kommo-o is the SR setter of choice due to its fantastic typing and offensive prowess. Stuff like Mamoswine/Nidoking have a hard time finding turns to set SR, but Kommo-o's bulk lets it set rocks easily. Doublade was added as a spinblocker and hard Aero/Lati/Cobalion check, the latter of which beats Bisharp and Shark fairly easily. Mega Sharpedo is an obligatory cleaner for HO and pairs very well with any Spikes setter, and Scarf Lati acts as immediate speed control and packs HW support.

rs

STANDING ON BUSINESS
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
Misa told me to post this so I will :blobtriumph:

Celebi @ Psychium Z
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Psychic
- Giga Drain
- Dazzling Gleam

Krookodile @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Aggron @ Aggronite
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Fire Punch
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake

Blissey @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Heal Bell
- Soft-Boiled
- Toxic
- Seismic Toss

Alomomola @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Scald
- Toxic

Mantine @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Roost
- Defog
- Haze

Pretty successful AloBliss build I built for TDK for Snake Draft that also had huge success in Majors w/ various people using it as well. Originally had Crobat over Mantine on the ORAS team but with Scizor being so relevant Mantine fit even better here in SM. Overall, it's a pretty straightforward build - Alomomola + Blissey + Aggron + Mantine is extremely hard to break on its own while Psych-Z Dazzling Gleam (probably the best set right now) Celebi and Scarf Krookodile are good against opposing defensive builds/Offense respectively. I would post replays but I'm sure you could just go through the majors threads and see a lot of people using it in the first stage

Last edited:

Freeroamer

The greatest story of them all.
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
Thought I’d add to this as there’s been some nice teams posted and I won’t be using this in championship as my replays are full of it in action:

https://pokepast.es/ba95d58905e9c228

I’ve posted these 6 pokemon in a teambuilding competition before, but this version is the final version that I think is the best one. This was originally built with Manectric and Crawdaunt in mind, giving a great option vs fat and offense and the rest of the members are added to support that. I didn’t want this to be all out hyper offense because I had CB Craw in mind from the start and I prefer not using choice locked users on those kind of teams, so I added a popular hazard core in Gligar and Keys which have the ability to switch into a bunch of stuff while layering up. Gligar is really cool because it sponges so much stuff and adds the benefit of Uturn while Klefki brings speed control etc. Weird set on Klefki but Foul Play not allowing Scizor to set up while Play Rough deals with Mega Shark means I think it’s the most useful set here. Latias does what it always does which is adding to the defensive backbone of the team with some crucial resists as well as providing an offensive option with good speed. This is the set that can change the most, I’ve gone for Dragonium because the straight up power of what is essentially a specs Draco without drops is rly nice, and it boosted with Spikes up it will crush most resists anyway. I added Scizor in the last as it’s Steel STAB priority actually complements Crawdaunt’s Water priority quite well, keeping threats such as Altaria and other Dragons at bay without having to potentially sac Klefki. SD Scizor is just such a menace with Spikes up too so it just felt nice here. edi0n used a very similar team to this with Tentacruel over Scizor in UU Open finals which was an interesting idea to give you some removal but I prefer playing this more offensively so I can keep opposing hazard pressure to a minimum. I’ve won quite a few games with this in smaller tours and seen it used around a fair bit too, and I used it to get 88.4% GXE on the most recent suspect so it’s something I’ve had decent success using.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)