Resource USUM PU Teambuilding Lab - Request teams here! (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

yogi

I did not succumb...
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Twilight yo got your team here made it with Specs and 2xTheTap the bros

Kangaskhan @ Leftovers
Ability: Scrappy
Happiness: 0
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Def / 108 SpD / 20 Spe
Impish Nature
- Substitute
- Toxic
- Power-Up Punch
- Frustration

Froslass (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Spikes
- Hex
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt

Regirock @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 24 Atk / 180 Def / 44 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Slide
- Drain Punch
- Toxic

Hitmonchan (M) @ Iapapa Berry
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 248 HP / 100 Atk / 28 SpD / 132 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Toxic
- Mach Punch
- Rapid Spin

Oricorio-Pom-Pom @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Dancer
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Calm Mind
- Roost
- Hidden Power [Fighting]

Guzzlord @ Chople Berry
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 72 Atk / 184 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Dragon Tail
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

aight so i find this set p hard to build with unless ur like tryna specifically cteam stall but i think it works good on a strong balance spikes team. lass is like needed imo great support mon that messes with a load of checks to kanga and works with phasing guzzlord. regirock spread helps it versus things like hail teams and even primeape. the chan set allows you to not lose to spinblockers with toxic and often lures in things like lass and sableye. fly z pom is another good wincon that gives a secondary fighting check and a way to not lose to gurdurr from mu. chople guzzlord is to lure in ape and deal with z focus alolan raichu and simisear, and it also messes teams up when spikes are down with dtail.

replay: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pu-910569368

Roselia / Jellicent / Sanslash-Alola Hazard core

Hey, first time poster here! I'm newer to competitive Pokemon and am not great at building teams. However, I have a core that I believe is pretty solid. I wanted to make a team using spikes Roselia, and this core was made during the team building process. I've gone through multiple teams, trying to find the right mons to complement this core, but I'm struggling to do it. So, I would love to see what other people can come up with! Feel free to change the core to your liking, as long as spikes + stealth rock + spinblocker remain in place. In terms of what kind of team it should be, I'm sure anything at all could work, as long as it benefits from hazard support.

Roselia @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 24 SpA / 236 SpD
Calm Nature
- Spikes
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain
- Synthesis

Jellicent @ Choice Specs
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Water Spout / Hydro Pump
- Shadow Ball
- Dazzling Gleam
- Trick

Sandslash-Alola @ Leftovers
Ability: Slush Rush
EVs: 252 HP / 208 SpD / 48 Spe
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Icicle Crash
- Iron Head

The purpose of this core is to apply as much pressure with entry hazards as possible. Spikes + Stealth rock from Roselia and Sandslash, with Jellicent acting as a spinblocker. Choice specs Jellicent becomes a powerful wallbreaker that appreciates foes being weakened from hazards. At full health, specs boosted water spout hits insanely hard, and will probably OHKO anything that doesn't resist it. I added dazzling gleam to hurt any dark types that try to switch in to Jellicent. Sandslash's rapid spin provides hazard control on your side of the map, and is much preferred to defog, since we want to keep hazards up on the enemy's side. I'm sure that a whirlwind/roar/circle throw user would go great with this team, to force as much hazard damage as possible.

These three mons also cover eachother's weaknesses very nicely. Jellicent can switch in on and cover psychic threats for roselia, fighting threats for sandslash, and fire threats for the both of them. Sandslash can switch in on flying types for roselia, and both jellicent and roselia can cover sandslash's ground weakness. Sandlash also hates being burned, so natural cure roselia can absorb status for him and the rest of the team.

Hey there first time poster. I'm not a good team builder but im really curious on this tier since there are some lesser known mons. Would love to have a balanced team consisting of with a Bulky core of Type:Null and Sandslash while having Crabominable being an offensive threat. Would love to get some help from the community. Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Hey everyone, Moo the Panda here! My birthday was on the 16th and I had intended to ask for a neat little team to be made but I didnt know quite what i wanted. Now I do! If somebody would be so kind to try and build a fighting spam team with Hitmonchan (only thing I ask is no AV chan) as well as one of the other viable fighting types in the tier. Sets and such are up to whoever takes this, but I prefer a somewhat offensive build this time around.
Thanks in advance!

~ Moo

Hello Cawilan , sorry for the wait. I'm finally have you team.

Omastar @ Leftovers
Ability: Shell Armor
EVs: 248 HP / 236 Def / 24 SpA
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Scald
- Ice Beam

Articuno @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Roost
- Freeze-Dry
- Hurricane

Hitmonchan @ Assault Vest
EVs: 244 HP / 136 Atk / 128 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Throat Chop
- Rapid Spin

Spiritomb @ Aguav Berry
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Def
Brave Nature
- Pursuit
- Sucker Punch
- Psychic
- Will-O-Wisp

Victreebel @ Grassium Z
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Strength Sap
- Swords Dance
- Power Whip
- Poison Jab

Manectric @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Lightning Rod
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Overheat
- Switcheroo

Spiritomb has the function of Trapper and Spinblock, soo i put Omastar which offers both Rocks and Spikes, saving up a slot. Spiritomb helps Omastar, taking on Fighting Mons like Primeape, Gurdurr and Hitmonchan, and with Spin Users like Sandslash-A and Kabutops. We need a Check / Counter to Grass and Ground types, Articuno helps a lot vs those mons, it can deal with Froslass and lure Sandslash-A, helping Victreebel. Articuno main weakness is Rocks, Hitmonchan has the function of Spinner and Spc. Def Wall giving protection vs Stronger Special Mons like Guzzlord. Next, a Pokemon with Wallbreaking capabilities or a Sweeper for get facilitated by Omastar's Hazards, This Victreebel set is more useful Vs Stall and Balanced Teams, for the last Mon, a Revenge Killer, Manectric is an Electric Immunity, and is faster than other scarf users like Primeape and Mesprit.

Last edited:

Ktütverde

of course
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
For tlenit1 !!

Sub Throh Balance

Throh @ Leftovers
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 SpD
Careful Nature
- Bulk Up
- Substitute
- Knock Off
- Storm Throw

Skuntank @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Aftermath
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Punishment
- Defog

Audino @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Knock Off
- Heal Bell

Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Icicle Crash
- Toxic
- Rapid Spin

Tangela @ Eviolite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Leech Seed

Froslass @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 244 HP / 12 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Spikes
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hex
- Destiny Bond

So 2x told me to make the Throh team because I think I'm the only player who used it in tournaments. Somehow it never gets a chance to shine since it is better vs bulky teams, but maybe you will be luckier than I am with throh. I changed the spread you requested because the goal is to sweep stall right? Moldbreaker is for quagsire right? So I put enough defense so that the sub always tanks 1 EQ from quagsire. Throh is so slow and worn down easily that I decided to make a bulky core around it which appreciates its stallbreaking abilities. Audino can wishpass, even though throh has more HP than audino ;_; Tangela tanks any physical hit and compresses roles which is very nice because throh is kind of a liability especially when it kills itself by using sub. Skuntank is the pursuitter and defogger, as well as speed control. Punishment in case the oppo is using a pompom despite lilligant's departure. Froslass is the fighting resist (immunity actually), and its spikes help throh pressure opposing teams. Sandslash is the hazard control and skuntank switch-in. Idk if there's more to say, I don't like the sub throh idea so I did what I could. However, here's another team with a Throh I like more...

edit: the froslass spread tanks HP rock from aurorus after rocks.

ChestoResto Throh HO

Carracosta @ Rockium Z
Ability: Solid Rock
Adamant Nature
- Shell Smash
- Aqua Jet
- Stone Edge
- Waterfall

Simisage @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Overgrow
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk
- Leaf Storm
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Toxic

Froslass @ Focus Sash
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Spikes
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hex
- Frost Breath

Mesprit @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 Spe
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Psychic
- Thunder Wave
- Healing Wish

Throh @ Chesto Berry
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 HP / 248 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Bulk Up
- Circle Throw
- Knock Off
- Rest

Skuntank @ Black Sludge
EVs: 228 HP / 48 Def / 28 SpD / 204 Spe
Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Toxic
- Substitute
- Protect

This team pre-existed to your request, and was some weird attempt at building HO in post-lilli PU. There are almost no viable set-up sweepers atm (if you call Absol, Bellossom, Combusken "viable" sweepers then you can consider there are plenty of them). In a nutshell, I wanted pokémons that once they are on the field, will be able to claim several souls without switching.

So I took the best sweeper atm: carracosta. Not much to say. Normal resist, fat, strong at +1, can KO most scarfers after some chip damage except scarf mesprit and kabutops.

And then I had no idea what to put, and went with throh due to its immense special bulk which allows it to actually stay in vs Froslass, Oricorios, Victreebel and other stuff that forces gurdurr out easily. Also I knew costa wasn't going to break pas quagsire and tangela, and Gurdurr can't beat them either. So... here goes throh, with recovery in rest, anti-stall capabilities in moldbreaker+BU, and able to damage the opposing team with spikes+circle throw. If you are watching PUPL games, you will see me using it Week 1, it missed circle throw early game so it couldn't shine by forcing many unwanted switches and racking up spikes damage. Throh is cursed, but I believe in you to make it a superstar!

Skuntank is running a set I posted a long time ago in the PU next best thing thread. It's incredibly painful to face it, and it claimed almost 3 kills in a row in a test game. Flamethrower>darkpulse cuz spdef sandslash has become an official set. It also deals more damage to Victreebel and other grass types that it is supposed to check.

Mesprit with t-wave is amazing with throh cuz it can paralyze opposing mesprits which become unable to take on throh correctly. Spikes froslass because circle throw, froslass is amazing anyway.

Simisage is a decent scarfer, able to outspeed +1 primeape and +2 sandslash-A. It's also the water resist and ground resist. It was physical with superpower/rockslide/knock off a few hours ago but after some more testing I believe it needs max spatk to be threatening with Leaf Storm. If you have a better set idea, feel free to tell me!

Link to the SubTox skuntank set&explanation: https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/pu-next-best-thing-week-13-victreebel.3647537/#post-8052586

I don't like making huge descriptions so I hope you will like this team although it doesn't have the Throh set you requested. I used this team a lot with Lilli>sage and had lots of cool replays but they are too old and I'm lazy xD

Enjoy :] Feel free to PM me any questions or suggestions!

Last edited:

Squash

UTA Overlord
Hi everyone, I heard so much hype around cb rampardos and i want to try it, but I have no idea how to build with. Any playstyle can work, thanks in advance. Feel free to change useless moves

Rampardos @ Choice Band
Ability: Sheer Force
Adamant Nature
- Rock Slide
- Pursuit
- Zen Headbutt
- Fire Punch

2xTheTap

YuGiOh main
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Roselia / Jellicent / Sanslash-Alola Hazard core

Hey, first time poster here! I'm newer to competitive Pokemon and am not great at building teams. However, I have a core that I believe is pretty solid. I wanted to make a team using spikes Roselia, and this core was made during the team building process. I've gone through multiple teams, trying to find the right mons to complement this core, but I'm struggling to do it. So, I would love to see what other people can come up with! Feel free to change the core to your liking, as long as spikes + stealth rock + spinblocker remain in place. In terms of what kind of team it should be, I'm sure anything at all could work, as long as it benefits from hazard support.

Roselia @ Eviolite
EVs: 248 HP / 24 SpA / 236 SpD
Calm Nature
- Spikes
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain
- Synthesis

Jellicent @ Choice Specs
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Water Spout / Hydro Pump
- Shadow Ball
- Dazzling Gleam
- Trick

Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Icicle Crash
- Iron Head

The purpose of this core is to apply as much pressure with entry hazards as possible. Spikes + Stealth rock from Roselia and Sandslash, with Jellicent acting as a spinblocker. Choice specs Jellicent becomes a powerful wallbreaker that appreciates foes being weakened from hazards. At full health, specs boosted water spout hits insanely hard, and will probably OHKO anything that doesn't resist it. I added dazzling gleam to hurt any dark types that try to switch in to Jellicent. Sandslash's rapid spin provides hazard control on your side of the map, and is much preferred to defog, since we want to keep hazards up on the enemy's side. I'm sure that a whirlwind/roar/circle throw user would go great with this team, to force as much hazard damage as possible.

These three mons also cover eachother's weaknesses very nicely. Jellicent can switch in on and cover psychic threats for roselia, fighting threats for sandslash, and fire threats for the both of them. Sandslash can switch in on flying types for roselia, and both jellicent and roselia can cover sandslash's ground weakness. Sandlash also hates being burned, so natural cure roselia can absorb status for him and the rest of the team.
Hey, oldchanman - got your team built around Spdef Roselia + Specs Jellicent + Spdef Alolan Sandslash for you here!

Lycanroc @ Lycanium Z
Ability: Steadfast
Jolly Nature
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Taunt

Roselia @ Eviolite
EVs: 248 HP / 236 SpD / 24 Spe
Calm Nature
- Spikes
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain
- Synthesis

Jellicent @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Water Spout
- Hydro Pump
- Shadow Ball
- Dazzling Gleam

EVs: 240 HP / 216 SpD / 52 Spe
Careful Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Protect
- Toxic
- Iron Head

Claydol @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 124 Def / 136 Spe
Bold Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Calm Mind
- Earth Power
- Dazzling Gleam

Primeape @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Defiant
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge

I'm not so sure you're a first time poster given your use of hide tags and talk of using this core in different configurations, but I've built this for you anyway! Taskr and jklioe used this core on teams they submitted to the Sample Team thread, with slight variations in how they finished out the core (you can see Taskr's in the Sample Team thread with Kangaskhan making full use of Roselia's Spikes and jkliyou's team in Squad Dump). Reading your description, it seems you're aware of how these work together, but I'll go over my teambuilding process briefly with you regardless.

To start, the core handles a myriad of offensive threats nicely, but looks weak to Stoutland, Z Dodrio, HP Fighting Mesprit, HP Fighting Oricorio-E, etc. I altered Alolan Sandslash's moveset slightly and gave it Protect so that you could 1) scout for HP Fighting 2) see what moves Stoutland, choiced Guzzlord, and Aurorus are locking into so that you can pivot accordingly, 3) cause Dodrio to crash with Jump Kick, leaving it with half its HP, 4) grant Alolan Sandslash the opportunity to heal itself via extra turns of Leftovers recovery, and finally, 5) stall out Pokemon that threaten Alolan Sandslash via Toxic. Running ProTox means moving both Stealth Rock and Rapid Spin to other members of the team, which is how I ended up with this configuration.

Next, I was looking for a more offensive SR user, as well as something that could effectively check the Pokemon, which threaten the core you gave me (ex. Calm Mind Oricorio-E, Froslass, Alolan Raichu, and Dodrio being my primary targets here). I landed on offensive SR Z Lycanroc, which checks all of these well, gets SR up quickly, and is extremely useful for stopping Defog via Taunt so that Roselia's Spikes stay in play. It also serves as a soft Normal resist, and in this way, it shares the burden of checking problematic Normal-types like Stoutland and Kangaskhan with Alolan Sandslash. Lycanroc's Toxic is hugely useful for weakening Pokemon immune to Jellicent's Water Spout (i.e. Poliwrath and Gastrodon), as well as fat Ground-types that prevent Primeape from cleaning effectively (i.e. Quagsire and Mudsdale) and brings these in regularly. Each time you bring Lycanroc in, you'll often see something like Gurdurr or Hitmonchan switch in, which in turn leads to them being afflicted by Toxic or Stealth Rock going up.

Next, I was looking for hazard removal, and for the sake of keeping Roselia's Spikes up, Rapid Spin was preferred over Defog. At the same time, I already had an offensive Rock-type in Lycanroc (which meant Kabutops would've been somewhat redundant here). I was also missing switch-ins for Mudsdale and opposing Lycanroc, and was looking for a second answer (Jellicent being the first) to provide Alolan Sandslash and Lycanroc refuge from Gurdurr and Hitmonchan, which led me to pick Claydol. Most of Claydol's offensive checks are beaten soundly by the rest of the team, ex. Ludicolo and Jellicent are answered by Roselia, Aurorus by Alolan Sandslash, Froslass is checked by Lycanroc, etc. Additionally, Claydol is running Dazzling Gleam here to 2HKO Guzzlord; once this is lured, Roselia and Jellicent really shine; Guzzlord's absence allows Roselia to set up Spikes without fear of letting it in to wallbreak and Specs Jellicent to lock into its dual STAB moves freely. Jellicent can also lure Guzzlord for Claydol with its own Dazzling Gleam, allowing Claydol to function at maximum capacity.

The last slot was pretty much the build on autopilot: with only Claydol there so far to answer Lycanroc, and the build looking questionably weak to threats like CS Kabutops, GK Alolan Raichu, and Alolan Persian, Primeape was an easy fit for that last slot. Its Defiant deters Defog users from removing Roselia's Spikes, and it brings in the typical Fighting resists that hamper the rest of the team, namely offensive Mesprit, Qwilfish, Oricorio-G, etc., which lets you U-turn into the appropriate check so that you can keep up offensive pressure and really make full use of Roselia's Spikes. Anyway, that's it, hope you enjoy!

E: this was posted from my phone at work lol, but to everyone else who made a request, I've got your teams and am posting most of these this weekend!:psyglad:

Last edited:
Hey, oldchanman - got your team built around Spdef Roselia + Specs Jellicent + Spdef Alolan Sandslash for you here!

Lycanroc @ Lycanium Z
Ability: Steadfast
Jolly Nature
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Taunt

Roselia @ Eviolite
Calm Nature
- Spikes
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain
- Synthesis

Jellicent @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Water Spout
- Hydro Pump
- Shadow Ball
- Dazzling Gleam

EVs: 240 HP / 216 SpD / 52 Spe
Careful Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Protect
- Toxic
- Iron Head

Claydol @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 124 Def / 136 Spe
Bold Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Calm Mind
- Earth Power
- Dazzling Gleam

Primeape @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge

I'm not so sure you're a first time poster given your use of hide tags and talk of using this core in different configurations, but I've built this for you anyway! Taskr and jklioe used this core on teams they submitted to the Sample Team thread, with slight variations in how they finished out the core (you can see Taskr's in the Sample Team thread with Kangaskhan making full use of Roselia's Spikes and jkliyou's team in Squad Dump). Reading your description, it seems you're aware of how these work together, but I'll go over my teambuilding process briefly with you regardless.

To start, the core handles a myriad of offensive threats nicely, but looks weak to Stoutland, Z Dodrio, HP Fighting Mesprit, HP Fighting Oricorio-E, etc. I altered Alolan Sandslash's moveset slightly and gave it Protect so that you could 1) scout for HP Fighting 2) see what moves Stoutland, choiced Guzzlord, and Aurorus are locking into so that you can pivot accordingly, 3) cause Dodrio to crash with Jump Kick, leaving it with half its HP, 4) grant Alolan Sandslash the opportunity to heal itself via extra turns of Leftovers recovery, and finally, 5) stall out Pokemon that threaten Alolan Sandslash via Toxic. Running ProTox means moving both Stealth Rock and Rapid Spin to other members of the team, which is how I ended up with this configuration.

Next, I was looking for a more offensive SR user, as well as something that could effectively check the Pokemon, which threaten the core you gave me (ex. Calm Mind Oricorio-E, Froslass, Alolan Raichu, and Dodrio being my primary targets here). I landed on offensive SR Z Lycanroc, which checks all of these well, gets SR up quickly, and is extremely useful for stopping Defog via Taunt so that Roselia's Spikes stay in play. It also serves as a soft Normal resist, and in this way, it shares the burden of checking problematic Normal-types like Stoutland and Kangaskhan with Alolan Sandslash. Lycanroc's Toxic is hugely useful for weakening Pokemon immune to Jellicent's Water Spout (i.e. Poliwrath and Gastrodon), as well as fat Ground-types that prevent Primeape from cleaning effectively (i.e. Quagsire and Mudsdale) and brings these in regularly. Each time you bring Lycanroc in, you'll often see something like Gurdurr or Hitmonchan switch in, which in turn leads to them being afflicted by Toxic or Stealth Rock going up.

Next, I was looking for hazard removal, and for the sake of keeping Roselia's Spikes up, Rapid Spin was preferred over Defog. At the same time, I already had an offensive Rock-type in Lycanroc (which meant Kabutops would've been somewhat redundant here). I was also missing switch-ins for Mudsdale and opposing Lycanroc, and was looking for a second answer (Jellicent being the first) to provide Alolan Sandslash and Lycanroc refuge from Gurdurr and Hitmonchan, which led me to pick Claydol. Most of Claydol's offensive checks are beaten soundly by the rest of the team, ex. Ludicolo and Jellicent are answered by Roselia, Aurorus by Alolan Sandslash, Froslass is checked by Lycanroc, etc. Additionally, Claydol is running Dazzling Gleam here to 2HKO Guzzlord; once this is lured, Roselia and Jellicent really shine; Guzzlord's absence allows Roselia to set up Spikes without fear of letting it in to wallbreak and Specs Jellicent to lock into its dual STAB moves freely. Jellicent can also lure Guzzlord for Claydol with its own Dazzling Gleam, allowing Claydol to function at maximum capacity.

The last slot was pretty much the build on autopilot: with only Claydol there so far to answer Lycanroc, and the build looking questionably weak to threats like CS Kabutops, GK Alolan Raichu, and Alolan Persian, Primeape was an easy fit for that last slot. Its Defiant deters Defog users from removing Roselia's Spikes, and it brings in the typical Fighting resists that hamper the rest of the team, namely offensive Mesprit, Qwilfish, Oricorio-G, etc., which lets you U-turn into the appropriate check so that you can keep up offensive pressure and really make full use of Roselia's Spikes. Anyway, that's it, hope you enjoy!

E: this was posted from my phone at work lol, but to everyone else who made a request, I've got your teams and am posting most of these this weekend!:psyglad:
Hey, 2xTheTap! Thank you soooo much for making this team for me! I've been testing it out on the pu ladder and it's been a ton of fun to use. Thanks!

2xTheTap

YuGiOh main
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Fast post, but I'm looking to get out all of these requests so the people in PUPL can focus on building for that instead. If you don't see yours in this post, don't worry, it'll be coming soon!

Raticate-Alola @ Normalium Z
Ability: Hustle
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Double-Edge
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch

I'd like a team that can use the strengths and help with the weaknesses of Alolan Raticate. I realize it has fallen off the usage charts for PU as of late, but it is still ranked B- so I would assume that it still qualifies for a Teambuilding post? At any rate, a balance or bulky offense team with this dark rat would be appreciated that can do well in most of the Ladder, as it seems this Pokemon would be best suited for that purpose. I look forward to what you guys can create, and thank you for reading and considering this request.
Hi, Edelritter - Alolan Raticate does indeed qualify for a lab request, and while I'm not a fan, yogi is and so he built this squad for you. I then tested it out and tweaked it a bit; watch the replays below for me vs people like ayo sb and KingUU. Enjoy!

Raticate-Alola @ Normalium Z
Ability: Hustle
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Double-Edge
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch

Froslass @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Spikes
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hex
- Taunt

Kabutops @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Swift Swim
Jolly Nature
- Liquidation
- Stone Edge
- Superpower
- Rapid Spin

Mesprit @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 232 HP / 176 Def / 100 Spe
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Psychic
- Healing Wish
- U-turn

Eelektross @ Assault Vest
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Volt Switch
- Flamethrower
- Giga Drain
- Drain Punch

Gurdurr @ Eviolite
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Atk / 144 Def / 96 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Bulk Up
- Knock Off

Yogi will send me a full description soon! But in the meantime, you can pretty much see that Eelektross and Mesprit are here to use their slow, pivoting moves to bring in Alolan Raticate safely, letting it set up with SD and nuke something on the following turn. You can see some of the tech here for Guzzlord too, with Drain Punch on Eelektross and some Speed for 60 Spe Guzzlord on Gurdurr. When you use an offensive normal resist like Kabutops, it's important to use something bulkier in tandem with it to avoid being too weak to Stoutland and Kangaskhan, hence defensive Gurdurr's use here over a more offensive variant. Kabutops and Gurdurr also help account for all the Rock-types that annoy Alolan Raticate, especially Regirock and Lycanroc (which outspeeds Alolan Raticate's Sucker Punch with its own priority in Accelerock). Froslass and Mesprit shore up Alolan Raticate's weakness to Fighting-types, especially Gurdurr and Hitmonchan. This team isn't as weak to Primeape as you might think, with SD Sucker Punch doing 63-75% to it (this chip is pretty easy to get on Primeape with Spikes and SR in play, too). Eelektross and Kabutops are there to prevent Gurdurr from being beaten by threats like Oricorio-E and Dodrio; Eelektross gains momentum against these and can bring Kabutops in to check these easily enough. Lastly, Gurdurr and Kabutops beat Hail and Rain, respectively, so keep these healthy for the weather match-ups. Hopefully I was able to do yogi's teambuilding process justice, but that's about the jist of the team!

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pu-917473996 vs ayo sb
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pu-917479814 vs KingUU

Hey there first time poster. I'm not a good team builder but im really curious on this tier since there are some lesser known mons. Would love to have a balanced team consisting of with a Bulky core of Type:Null and Sandslash while having Crabominable being an offensive threat. Would love to get some help from the community. Thanks in advance
Hey, maxray96 - this was an admittedly weird request, but after we talked about using only two of these together (the three really don't fit together on a functional team without negatively affecting the team's match-ups elsewhere... you just never need 3 Aurorus switch-ins), the teams came together nicely.

Froslass @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk
- Hex
- Will-O-Wisp
- Spikes
- Ice Beam

Type: Null @ Eviolite
Ability: Battle Armor
Calm Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Tri Attack
- U-turn

Skuntank @ Rocky Helmet
Jolly Nature
- Play Rough
- Toxic
- Pursuit
- Sucker Punch

Mesprit @ Colbur Berry
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Dazzling Gleam
- Psychic

Sandslash-Alola @ Icium Z
EVs: 252 HP / 148 Atk / 60 SpD / 48 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Icicle Crash
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock

Primeape @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Toxic
- U-turn
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge

Jellicent @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Hydro Pump
- Shadow Ball
- Water Spout / Giga Drain

Careful Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Swords Dance
- Frustration

Skuntank @ Rocky Helmet
Jolly Nature
- Toxic
- Defog
- Pursuit
- Sucker Punch

Claydol @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 32 HP / 252 SpA / 224 Spe
Modest Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Earth Power

Sandslash-Alola @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Icicle Spear
- Iron Head
- Earthquake

Dodrio @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Early Bird
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Jump Kick
- Quick Attack / Frustration
- Brave Bird

This one is a bit spicier than my other builds, with Tri Attack Type: Null making a special appearance and spreading status around like no one's business. Once status has been spread sufficiently by Type: Null and its teammates, spam Froslass's LO-boosted Hex to victory. I tried a custom set on this Type: Null too, with Magic Coat / Hidden Power Ground / U-Turn / Tri Attack (Magic Coat reflecting Taunt and Froslass's Spikes mainly, while Hidden Power Ground brings in and KOes Pokemon threatening to the build, like Aggron), but ultimately, the recovery and ability to pivot continuously proved more useful for bringing in LO Froslass and CM Mesprit. As you requested, Alolan Sandslash is also here, and it helps lure in Gurdurr with Knock Off and then wreck it with Subzero Slammer afterward (this combo breaks Gurdurr unexpectedly if there's just ~30% chip on it, which is fairly easy to do with Spikes up). Carrying a z crystal means Alolan Sandslash can also absorb Knock Off for Type: Null, and the two together make it really difficult for Ice- and Psychic-types like Aurorus and Mesprit to gain any headway against this team; knowing this, I used both Primeape and Z Dodrio as wincons on each of these teams. Do keep in mind the team's Gurdurr weakness though, with the resists for that being more offensively-inclined (LO Froslass and CM Mesprit), and play aggressively with Alolan Sandslash.

I feel that using a strong Pursuit user with Type: Null is obligatory (more so if you use Swords Dance or Work Up, but it's still nice for this set). I thought about Pokemon like Darkinium Z Justified Absol for absorbing Knock Off on Type: Null's behalf, but starting with a core of Alolan Sandslash + Type: Null + Z Absol looked terrible on paper because of the growing weakness to Hitmonchan and Gurdurr. Skuntank was therefore a solid pick for this slot, and helps keep up offensive pressure against many of the Pokemon Type: Null hates, like Froslass, Regirock (via Toxic), Golurk, Oricorio-G, Quagsire (via Toxic), etc. Taunt is nice for preventing Defog, which keeps Froslass's Spikes in play, as well as stopping SR from going up early-game, but it's not a crucial slot by any means. So, I used Play Rough for coverage on Hitmonchan and Guzzlord, but Poison Jab and Crunch are solid picks here, too. Skuntank can also switch into Knock Off directly to preserve Type: Null's Eviolite or to simply trade with physical attackers like Stoutland via Sucker Punch + Aftermath + Rocky Helmet damage. Basically, use this to threaten Primeape's defensive answers and pressure Sableye, Quagsire, and other barriers to the team like Regirock with Toxic.

Using Skuntank + Alolan Sandslash means having to be prepared to eat Ground coverage, which is where Mesprit comes into play. Mesprit functions as the team's main wincon, with Psychic, Fairy, and Fighting coverage being essentially unresisted (Skuntank will bug you, but this combination is horribly devastating to slower teams that rely on Guzzlord + Alolan Sandslash type cores as their go-to defensive backbone). Pivot into this from Primeape or Type: Null once everything's been weakened sufficiently (Skuntank needs about 50% dmg done for you to KO with +1 Dazzling Gleam), and target the Pokemon that typically prevent Primeape from cleaning late-game. If you've misplayed and there's no opening for Primeape to clean with barriers like Quagsire or Jellicent staying healthy, it can open up its own path to clean later by nailing either of these with a well-timed Toxic.

The other team capitalizes on how most teams use Oricorio-E and -G as their Gurdurr check, with Choice Scarf Alolan Sandslash KOing Oricorio even behind a Substitute with Icicle Spear (and it'll be faster thanks to Choice Scarf), instead of being KOed by Revelation Dance or Hidden Power Fighting. From here, this opens up the way for Z Dodrio to break, which is really the team's centerpiece. Claydol and Skuntank support Dodrio with the necessary resists and hazard removal. Toxic Skuntank is awesome for weakening Regirock for this too, so wait for this to be in range of Dodrio's +2 Jump Kick (however, scout for Regirock's Protect first!) before setting up. If Regirock is at 47-56%, +2 Jump Kick will break even 180+ Impish Regirock. Alternatively, doubling from Dodrio into Jellicent is a ridiclously easy play to make, and this capitalizes well on current meta trends like Alolan Sandslash being super common, and most teams' water resists being fat stuff like Guzzlord now (which falls to Jellicent's Dazzling Gleam). In return, if the opposing team's Jellicent check is something like Roselia, that's an easy opportunity to double out to Dodrio, so the two play well together in this way.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pu-920582162 (SD Type: Null v ladder)
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pu-917645374 (SD Type: Null v ladder - rain)
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pu-917642996 (Froslass status spam version vs dwib)
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pu-917531583 (Froslass status spam v shedinja ladder hero)

Hey everyone, Moo the Panda here! My birthday was on the 16th and I had intended to ask for a neat little team to be made but I didnt know quite what i wanted. Now I do! If somebody would be so kind to try and build a fighting spam team with Hitmonchan (only thing I ask is no AV chan) as well as one of the other viable fighting types in the tier. Sets and such are up to whoever takes this, but I prefer a somewhat offensive build this time around.
Thanks in advance!

~ Moo
Hi, PandaTTT - got your Fighting Spam teams for you (without AV chan). Happy belated birthday!

Hitmonchan @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Stone Edge
- Rapid Spin

Froslass @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 240 HP / 16 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Spikes
- Ice Beam
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp

Skuntank @ Rocky Helmet
Jolly Nature
- Crunch
- Toxic
- Pursuit
- Sucker Punch

Mesprit @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 232 HP / 176 Def / 100 Spe
Bold Nature
- Healing Wish
- U-turn
- Psychic
- Stealth Rock

Carracosta @ Rockium Z
Ability: Solid Rock
Jolly Nature
- Shell Smash
- Aqua Jet
- Stone Edge
- Liquidation

Primeape @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Seed Bomb

Alternate versions that aren't as effective, but are still fun:
https://pokepast.es/b32a3e497336131d

This was a weird request to build around, but I made the most of it and came up with a hyper offensive build that picks up a lot of steam quickly for you. From the outset, I basically knew that I wanted to spam heavy hitting priority along Spikes to keep up the offensive pressure, so Froslass was a natural pick. I tinkered with Roselia and Qwilfish in this slot, but the triple Psychic (and Flying in Roselia's case) weakness was just too crippling and is too weak to CM 3 attacks Mesprit and Dodrio, leading me to abandon those builds quickly (although, I have left the Qwilfish draft below so you can try it out for yourself). Froslass is pretty nice for taking a nice chunk out of Mudsdale, which Hitmonchan and Primeape like seeing KOed early on.

The next pick was super intuitive and doesn't need much explaining: I chose Pursuit Skuntank to weaken Mesprit for the team, so that it couldn't check Carracosta (with a scarf set threatening to RKO +2 Carracosta otherwise) and Hitmonchan. Toxic on Skuntank is actually really important here, with it crippling Carracosta's switch-ins, especially Gastrodon and Quagsire. Rocky Helmet + Sucker Punch + Aftermath lets Skuntank do really nice damage and so it can trade with wallbreakers like Stoutland, so that Carracosta doesn't have to be used to answer this defensively, but Rocky Helmet's primary function here will be to score chip on bulky Mesprit for Primeape. Hitmonchan can weaken the Mesprit switch-in with Stone Edge, but it's best to just switch to either Mesprit or Skuntank for this purpose instead. Skuntank earns heavy chip on the Pokemon Primeape needs weakened to clean, especially with Spikes in play and in tandem with the mindgames it plays with Sucker Punch / Pursuit. Primeape helps keep Froslass's Spikes in play with Defiant, chips Mesprit for Hitmonchan via U-turn, and it beats Hitmonchan checks via Stone Edge (especially opposing Froslass and Oricorio-E), as well as the fat Ground-types that are able to recover through Hitmonchan thanks to Seed Bomb (Gastrodon and Quagsire). All of this paves the way for Hitmonchan to clean up late-game and allows it to be an effective wincon here.

I was looking quite Ground weak at this point; this can basically boil down to saying 'this team is weak to Mudsdale,' because there aren't many other Ground-types that are as common (the others being Claydol, Alolan Dugtrio, Golurk, Gastrodon, and Quagsire essentially). Most of these are destroyed by Skuntank's Toxic, or if they don't mind that so much (Alolan Dugtrio), they're destroyed by this Primeape set. Even still, I needed a switch-in for these, so defensive pivot Mesprit filled this role nicely. It also supplies Healing Wish support and a slow U-turn, which Carracosta appreciates when setting up.

That brings me to the team's centerpiece, Rockium Z SS Carracosta. This has had a lot of success this PUPL, and once this thing gets going, it's pretty hard to stop. Super effective priority doesn't do too much due to its natural bulk coupled with Solid Rock, and even Primeape can't reliably stop Carracosta from setting up with Close Combat: 252 Atk Primeape Close Combat vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Solid Rock Carracosta: 199-235 (68.8 - 81.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock. This means it can setup in front of Primeape's CC, and then +2 Jolly Aqua Jet does a minimum of 96% to -1 Primeape on the following turn (+2 252 Atk Carracosta Aqua Jet vs. -1 0 HP / 4 Def Primeape: 261-307 (96.3 - 113.2%) -- 75% chance to OHKO). This remaining chip can be earned with Stealth Rock, Froslass's Spikes, Skuntank's Rocky Helmet, an easy Mach Punch from Hitmonchan, etc., which all decrease the likelihood Primeape will be able to take on Carracosta. Carracosta is running Jolly mostly for earning a big hit on bulky pivot Lanturn with Z Stone Edge prior to setting up, as well as outspeeding base 105s to base 112s (ex Specs Manectric up to Alolan Raichu, Scarf Aurorus, and Lycanroc). Last thing, but Froslass's Will-O-Wisp goes a long way in helping Carracosta setup with Shell Smash.

Anyway, that's it, I hope you enjoy these teams! Be sure to watch these replays, they're all pretty entertaining.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pu-915987865 (ss costa version showing how the team works)
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pu-917036314 (crab version vs sam i yam)
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pu-915970304
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pu-915310010 (z sleep talk guzz version)
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pu-919569790 - fun version!

Hi everyone, I heard so much hype around cb rampardos and i want to try it, but I have no idea how to build with. Any playstyle can work, thanks in advance. Feel free to change useless moves

Rampardos @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Rock Slide
- Pursuit
- Zen Headbutt
- Fire Punch
Hi Squash17 ^_^ - HJAD built this team for you and I'm posting on his behalf. He's one of the few people who use this set, so we turned to the master for guidance. Enjoy!

Rampardos @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Rock Slide
- Head Smash
- Earthquake
- Zen Headbutt

EVs: 248 HP / 204 SpD / 56 Spe
Careful Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic

Sableye @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 16 SpD
Bold Nature
- Night Shade
- Taunt
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp

Careful Nature
- Frustration
- U-turn
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

EVs: 248 HP / 244 SpA / 16 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Volt Switch
- Flamethrower
- Drain Punch
- Giga Drain

Primeape @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Gunk Shot
- U-turn
- Stone Edge

Hi! This is a team that I used to trial people throughout the pre-season to PUPL which feature CB Rampardos. The reason why i decided to mess around with CB Ramp in the first place is that it messes with a lot of the popular fighting resists, using zen headbutt to hit gurdurr amongst other things, or just the straight up devastating power behind Head Smash to force sacks. I think it distinguishes itself from Aggron nicely given that its faster and breaks through a lot of the things that would be used to take on Aggron.

To make the most of CB Ramp, I decided to give it a nice momentum support core. Eel and Type: Null take on the majority of the special meta and get momentum at the end of the turn for Ramp to break. Scarf Primeape is supposed to be the outlet which abuses Rampardos' breaking ability the most. Getting momentum off a scarf ape can often mean Rampardos forcing a sack at the end of the turn, if the opponent doesn't want to sack their Primeape check.

To complement this 4 mon core, Alolaslash and Sableye are used to fill in the gaps. Sableye checks most of the physical meta given its fast wisp, and checks all the Fighting-types, which also plague the team. Alolaslash is there as a glue to fill in the utility slots at the end given its ability to use both Stealth Rock and Rapid Spin on the same set.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pu-898610422

Quick note for everyone: I'm closing the shop to new requests for the rest of PUPL to let our builders concentrate more on prepping for that. Thanks to everyone who waited patiently for their teams without pinging the builders. To everyone else, you're dead to me. See you after PUPL!

Last edited:
Hiya, 2xTheTap, I greatly appreciate you taking the time to build my team(s). I kinda snuck into some your matches on ladder to watch because I was honestly just so excited to see what you came up with. I'm definitely not disappointed. Thanks again!

2xTheTap

YuGiOh main
Hi everyone, the archive has been updated for Guzzlord and Mesprit no longer being PU.

This is open again for new requests! If your request wasn't honored before PUPL began, please feel free to make a new request in the thread, and it'll be made as soon as we can get it out (to those of you who were waiting on a team during PUPL, but never received one, thank you for being patient!).

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned deucer.
I really wanted mawile before, but I think it was straight up trash at the time and ferroseed dropping and the meta flux made building... wierd

Can I have a team that abuses:

Jynx lefty's on spikes with
Sub
Lovely kiss
Psychic/psyshock
Ice beam/focus blast

The goal to annoy sleep switch ins/outs with sub spikes if played right with 2 layers You don't need to make the risky play of NP and not losing to dark coverage(sucker/pursuit) instead You can stack 50/50's while keeping jynx long term and have an annoying rain "check"

Definitely want kanga fake-out and also a vested eel

Willing to take a team slot/move sub,but I think the overall idea is understood, but I haven't been able to make a half tolerable team since the mesprit rise.

Last edited:
Hello esteemed PU builders!

I unfortunately lost my beloved SD Fairyvally team with Mesprit and Guzzlord rising and I've been struggling to come up with a new team that satisfies me ever since, so I figured I'd try my luck here. I'd like an bulky offense team (preferably with bulky spikes Lass but not a must) with the following Silvally-Fairy and Alolan Persian core:

Silvally-Fairy @ Fairy Memory
Ability: RKS System
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Multi-Attack
- Flame Charge
- U-turn

Persian-Alola @ Darkinium Z
Ability: Fur Coat
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Dark Pulse
- Parting Shot
- Thunderbolt

Can't wait to see what you guys come up with, thanks in advance to whoever builds this!

Raahel

MANO TENGO FE
is a Tiering Contributor
Hello, I come to ask you for a team with two of the best stallbreakers which are omastar and I would like the team to like it to be a Hazard Stacks Hypper Offense here I leave the sets of Omastar and Dodrio. the team must be oriented to the hazards and then sweep with omastar or Dodrio

Omastar @ White Herb
Ability: Weak Armor
Modest Nature
- Shell Smash
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power

Dodrio @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Early Bird
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Jump Kick
- Return
- Knock Off

I'd actually like to have a team with Simisage on it, and add Simisear to it as well for double monkey carnage. Standard sets for both.

Simisage:
name: Mixed Attacker
move 1: Leaf Storm
move 2: Superpower
move 3: Rock Slide
move 4: Gunk Shot / Knock Off
item: Life Orb
ability: Overgrow
nature: Naive
evs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe

Simisear @ Firium Z / Grassium Z
Ability: Blaze
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Fire Blast
- Grass Knot
- Focus Blast / Hidden Power Ice

Item/move choices are up to the person building to decide. Since Simisage went from unranked to B- just from one Pokemon getting the axe from the tier, I've been very much interested in using it. It looks to have a cool enough movepool.

As I am very excited to try it, but also work 50-60 hours a week with outside activities as well, I would like to request a team built around Turtonator.

The fire DragonTurtle from The Last Airbender is here to drop dracos and blow back much of the tier with just about unresisted coverage, save Carbink who really doesn't care about its stabs and is only scared of something like Flash Cannon.

Turtonator @ Dragonium Z
Modest Nature
- Shell Smash
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Dragon Pulse

The standard set works fine for me, but if some heat is found along the way, I will happily accept. My preferred team archetype with our friend here is likely balance/offense. I realize balance isn't his best archetype, but I definitely do not want screens or webs for this mon if it can be helped. Thanks in advance... Let's get shell shocked!

Hey! I've been building OU teams for quite a while now and I've gotten out of touch with how PU team building typically goes. I want to try and start playing the tier again, so I'd like to request a team around one of my favorite mons, Golurk.

Golurk @ Choice Band
EVs: 184 HP / 252 Atk / 72 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Ice Punch
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Thunder Punch

One of the few things I've learned from the updated viability rankings is that Mudsdale is a superior Ground type in almost every way, but Golurk provides a fighting immunity and BoltBeam coverage. Choice Band makes this thing super strong, and on a proper switch-in it picks kills very easily. The speed is for max Adamant Carracosta, which is the only relevant speed I need. If anyone decides to make a team around this Pokemon, could you describe your thought process so I can get a grasp on how the average PU builder thinks. Thanks a ton! :)

Specs

Getting in your own way
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
UUPL Champion
Hey SelfDestruct0r welcome back to the tier :] got your Choice Band Golurk team here!

https://play.pokemonshowdown.com/sprites/xyani/golurk.gif
https://play.pokemonshowdown.com/sprites/xyani/lanturn.gif
https://play.pokemonshowdown.com/sprites/xyani/gurdurr.gif
https://play.pokemonshowdown.com/sprites/xyani/oricorio-sensu.gif
https://play.pokemonshowdown.com/sprites/xyani/ferroseed.gif
https://play.pokemonshowdown.com/sprites/xyani/sandslash-alola.gif

Golurk @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Ice Punch
- Shadow Punch
- Earthquake
- Thunder Punch

Lanturn @ Leftovers
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 40 HP / 220 Def / 248 SpD
Calm Nature
- Volt Switch
- Scald
- Toxic
- Heal Bell

Gurdurr @ Eviolite
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Atk / 200 Def / 36 SpD / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Bulk Up

Oricorio-Sensu @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Dancer
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Taunt
- Roost
- Calm Mind

Ferroseed @ Eviolite
Ability: Iron Barbs
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Protect

Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Icicle Crash
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin

I had been having trouble finding opportunities to actually use Stealth Rocks on a Choice Band set, so I went with Shadow Punch > Rocks. As well as making it max speed, allowing it to outspeed threats such as rocks Sandslash-Alola, Lanturn, Aggron ect. Figuring I wanted to make Bulky Offense, Lanturn is a nice pivot that can get some nice slow momentum to allow Golurk in safely and more often. You are also able to lure in bulky grass types such as Tangela with Toxic, to hinder their ability to come in on Golurk. Gurdurr is a nice physical blanket check, giving you a decent normal resist and annoys a lot of the current builds. Gurdurr's spread (s/o to 2xTheTap ) allows you to tank Stoutland frustration, Kangaskhan Double edge, and to live Jynx Psychic if need be. Gurdurr and Victreebel was proving to be an issue with what we have at the moment so Oricorio-Sensu made sense here, giving you a switch in to both, while playing with the team it was generally more of a breaker for Scarf Sandslash-Alola and Gurdurr to clean but it can also be a win condition! Ferroseed is great in the current meta game, with no rocks on Golurk anymore it became the rocker of the team. It doesn't really drain the momentum of the team either as the utility of Leech Seed aids the rest of the team greatly, with Gurdurr and Lanturn in the back to blanket check and allow them to get some more HP. Choice Scarf Sandslash-Alola rounds out the build, benefiting greatly from Golurk's ability to punch holes through teams for Sandslash to clean up. It's also the removal of the team, so make sure to position it well to do that. If they have a Jellicent or something of the sort you can play around it by doubling into Lanturn for example.

Replays: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pu-956481097 Fairly quick game but shows how Lanturn's momentum can really aide the team. Gurdurr also put in work with Victreebel being checked by Sensu, effectively scaring it so much it didnt want to come in. Sadly Golurk didn't come in once but it had a great match up none the less, having no real switch ins on Kelly's team as Mudsdale gets heavily chipped over time.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pu-956485310 At first glance it doesn't look like Golurk did that much in this match either. However the early damage on Articuno and Cacturne was key in winning, as it didn't allow Articuno to effectively come in on Sensu and Cacturne wasnt able to break as easily since it can no longer switch in on Lanturn who was very valuable. This match also shows how annoying Sandslash-Alola can be when you have pivots into Qwilfish and Throh (usually a Gurdurr but Tlenit loves Throh lol.) Very close game coming down right to the wire but shows off the team well imo.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7pu-956518833 Golurk again didn't come in :( but the team mates were just better to get in. Sensu + Lanturn and Sandslash-Alola were the real winners here, punishing the Aurorus for being my opponents only Flying resist and having more than enough pivots into the combination of Earth Power and Blizzard/Freeze Dry. Sandslash-Alola + Gurdurr cleaned up with my opponents only way of revenging Alolaslash being Hitmonchan which gives me a free Gurdurr.

Hello, I would like to request a team built around Calm Mind Musharna please. I've always liked bulky sweepers, and with Mesprit gone PU is looking for replacements.

Musharna @ Leftovers / Fairium Z
Ability: Synchronize
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock / Stored Power
- Dazzling Gleam
- Moonlight

Would prefer a balanced or bulkier offensive team, as I'm not very good at using stall.

Hi,
I've been playing around with Kecleon recently and found its become one of my favourite mons to battle with, so I've come to request a team (preferably Hazard Stack) which utilises the following core:

Kecleon
@ Assault Vest
Ability: Protean
EVs: 172 HP / 252 Atk / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Drain Punch
- Shadow Sneak
- Sucker Punch

Qwilfish
@ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Spikes
- Scald / Waterfall
- Taunt
- Toxic Spikes

Thanks to whoever takes this on and enjoy ^^

Hey, I would like to see a team built around CM Drampa, as I find it to not be as reliant on prediction as the Specs one, despite the latter's higher initial firepower. I would prefer a more offensive team, as bulkier teams are often huge momentum sinks for me.
Drampa @ Leftovers
Ability: Sap Sipper / Berserk
EVs: 140 HP / 252 SpA / 116 Spe
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Dragon Pulse
- Roost
- Flamethrower / Hyper Voice
Thanks!

TONE

I don't have to take this. I'm going for a walk.
is a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
As I am very excited to try it, but also work 50-60 hours a week with outside activities as well, I would like to request a team built around Turtonator.

The fire DragonTurtle from The Last Airbender is here to drop dracos and blow back much of the tier with just about unresisted coverage, save Carbink who really doesn't care about its stabs and is only scared of something like Flash Cannon.

Turtonator @ Dragonium Z
Modest Nature
- Shell Smash
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Dragon Pulse

The standard set works fine for me, but if some heat is found along the way, I will happily accept. My preferred team archetype with our friend here is likely balance/offense. I realize balance isn't his best archetype, but I definitely do not want screens or webs for this mon if it can be helped. Thanks in advance... Let's get shell shocked!
Hey there PandaTTT - got your Turtonator squad right here.

Turtonator @ Dragonium Z
Timid Nature
- Shell Smash
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Dragon Pulse

Silvally-Fairy @ Fairy Memory
Ability: RKS System
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Multi-Attack
- Flame Charge
- U-turn

Gurdurr @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 44 Atk / 212 Def
Adamant Nature
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Knock Off

Lanturn @ Assault Vest
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 172 SpA / 136 SpD / 200 Spe
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Volt Switch
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Shiny: Yes
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Iron Head
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin

Claydol @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Psychic
- Earth Power
- Grass Knot

Turtonator was a very interesting mon to build around, especially with more prominent Shell Smashers mainly Omastar and Carracosta gaining more popularity, so I took on the challenge of building a balance team utilizing Arnuld as much as I could. Seeing that you didn't want to utilize webs or screens, which I don't even like using myself so this made my life much easier, I knew the main things i needed were momentum, hazards, and removal while also providing some backup wincons in the event that Turtonator doesn't manage to clean up late game. To start, I added Silvally-Fairy. Originally this was Parting Shot with Defog, but as the team came together there was no backup wincon in the event that Turtonator couldn't clean so the set was changed to Swords Dance to better wear down special walls like Audino and Type: Null which can sponge Turtonator's attacks while still proving momentum with U-Turn. Next I added Gurdurr as it not only provided another wincon, but it also acts as a Normal-check to mons like Kangaskhan and Stoutland as well as preventing Lycanroc from just going in at +2, though be cautious of Zen Headbutt variants. Next, I knew I wanted to complete the Voltturn core with something slow and bulky enough to take special attacks. AV Eelektross was considered for this reason, but I ultimately decided on AV Lanturn instead mainly due to the fact that ti provided the team with a better response to Omastar as it did resist Water which Eelektross doesn't. HP Grass deals with Omastar, Carracosta, Quagsire, and Gastrodon quite nicely and Lanturn won't miss out on being unable to deal with Ferroseed since the first 3 mons can do that no problem. Next thing that was needed was some added Speed control as the team was relatively slow and the matchup against Hail was looking a bit worrysome. Originally I had Scarf Skuntank with Memento to ease the setup oppurtunity for Turtonator, but because of the team's lack of a good hail response, this was changed to Scarf Alolan Sandslash instead (Gurdurr can also check hail, but never hurts to have a backup response). This slot provided many things: a Normal-check, Hail check, removal with Rapid Spin, and a means of checking Flying-types such as Dodrio and Oricorio as well as outspeeding opposing Alolan Sandslash under hail. Lastly the team needed some Stealth Rock support and while Regirock and Mudsdale were solid options, I decided to settle for Claydol. This may be weird, but Claydol provides another Fighting check, and a Ground immunity which the team didn't have. I honestly like offensive variants of Claydol here as defensive felt too weak in practice and getting the edge against opposing Stealth Rockers like Regirock and Mudsdale were very fun do chip away with. This also explains the last slot on Claydol being Grass Knot. With Alolan Sandslash having Rapid, Claydol didn't need to spin at all and it helps against Carracosta and Omastar trying to setup on Claydol knowing it can stomach an Earth Power and easily deals with both, but even if it deosn't Gurdur can revenge kill both with Mach Punch. If you feel the matchup against Fighting types is a bit too much, you could change Claydol to be a bit bulkier with an EV spread of 160 HP / 252 SpA / 96 Spe Modest nature to take hits better while still outspeeding Modest Omastar. Hope you enjoy the team and have fun dropping Dracos!

yogi

I did not succumb...
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
guess who's back, back again

ok Melons-N-Soda this request was like really hard so I had to edit the simisear set BUT I kept both the mons so here you go buddo

Simisear @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Blaze
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Grass Knot
- Fling
- Nasty Plot

Simisage @ Life Orb
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 30 Atk / 30 Def
- Leaf Storm
- Superpower
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Knock Off

Regirock @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 248 HP / 24 Atk / 56 Def / 172 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Slide
- Drain Punch
- Toxic

EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 29 Spe
- Volt Switch
- Giga Drain
- Flamethrower
- Dragon Tail

Cryogonal @ Leftovers
EVs: 240 HP / 56 SpD / 212 Spe
Calm Nature
- Freeze-Dry
- Recover
- Rapid Spin

Qwilfish @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Destiny Bond

ok so the simi core is a fun though pretty fucking awkward core to build around so I had my work cut out for me. I changed sear to my choice scarf set to give the team speed control and a good stall mu. regi is the needed normal resist and is evd to bop aurorus after rocks and live two of apes ccs. eel helps get the other mons in while having phasing support. cryo bops a large amount of the rain and hail mu while being the only spinner to not suck on this type of team. qwil is your only fighting mu, so it has dbond and helm to stop gurdurr being dumb. also helps with chipping mons for simi with spikes.

fighting mu is a little dodgy but there's little I can do without messing up overall synergy so be wary of that ig

s/o 2xTheTap for spreads as always and enjoy the team buddo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)