Gen 7 (USUM OU) In Rainbows - ZardY Sun

B1F21FAB-8B3D-4507-9532-01534E0273F7.jpeg

(paste at bottom if you dont want to scroll through my bs)

intro + music rant

If you’ve seen any of my past rmts they tend to be “heat” related, see tera bug roaring moon, specs hatterene, a scarf staraptor rmt I scrapped and so on. and to be honest, gen 9 kinda got less fun for me (prob has something to do with vomit bird and chien-poo so maybe I’ll have more fun now that they’re banned) but anyways I started comp in gen 8 and didn’t really want to go back to building there. I wanted a new gen i could have some fun with, I tried gen 5 for a little bit and I enjoyed it but the lack of mons I was familiar with was a tad weird. So it seemed perfect for me to try gen 7, 1LDK def inspired the idea with his sick volc rmt, (check it out if you haven’t ) and I built a slew of teams in a few days. I’m loving this gen and can’t wait to build more! (also peaked around high 1300s with this team, probably a combination of my lack of understanding of the full metagame as I’ve only been playing for a few days and my lack of skill lol, either I don’t predict enough or I over predict, it’s a literal disease)

anyways instead of building around a “heat” mon I decided to built literal heat

(but wait I must do a music rant before you read the rmt.. ohoho delightfully devilish fancy…. I didn’t think I would like radio head, but my brother and I share pretty damn similar music taste so I decided to give it a chance, glad I did. sometime the vocals in some songs are a little shaky but overall good band! go check them out as well)

with that out of the way I would like to proudly present In Rainbows - ZardY Sun

(side note: I have no idea why the zard y sprite isn’t working… just use your imagination :heart:)

sets + descriptions

15 Steps (Charizard-Mega-Y) @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Drought
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Flamethrower
- Focus Blast
- Solar Beam

- Roost

since this is a sun team, we of course needed a sun setter. Zard Y can also serve as a wall breaker early game with powerful sun boosted stab flamethrowers. Solar Beam works in conjunction with sun as it doesn’t need to charge when sun is up and Focus Blast is mainly for coverage against the likes of Heatran and others, roost is for longevity (mainly healing off rocks damage). EVs are pretty standard (go fast do big damage) 4 spd allow us to live greninjas hydropump in sun from full hp, which can be useful for some leads matchups against it.

House of Cards (Heatran) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 180 SpD / 76 Spe
Calm Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock

- Taunt

wonderful defensive presence in the team that helps against opposing mons trying to benefit from our sun. also abuses sun with insanely strong magma storms. Also helps against the stall mu stuff like non shed shell pex doesn’t want to switch in because we can deny recovery with taunt, same can be said for blissey (and heatran is immune to toxic!) earth power for coverage as well as other trans, rocks also allow zard and gren to break better (bro no heavy duty boots is crazy it feels like a whole new world). EVs in speed allow us to outspeed non scarf rotom-w as well as mega Mawile carrying brick break for coverage. Rest is dumped into bulk, this dude is your main switch into a lot of special attackers like lele and shit.

Bodysnatchers (Victini) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Bolt Strike
- V-create
- U-turn

- Final Gambit

other than the fact that I love this mon, victini serves as good revenge killer and sun boosted stab v-create spammer, not much to say. you end up mashing v-create most of the time, bolt strike is coverage against bulky waters as well as tran, you forcing switches most of the time so u-turn is also mashable. the joy I experience when I click final gambit on a mon that was a threat to my team is inexpressible, if victini isn’t doing much in a game game click gambit on shit you want gone. max hp and speed are for max damage on final gambit and revenge killing potential, 4 atk is for that little extra damage.

uh oh scarf lando pressing eq three times in a row on all of our sun mons seems like a bit of a problem….

Faust Arp (Tangrowth) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 12 Def / 244 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off
- Hidden Power [Ice]

- Earthquake

good think we got the goat Faust Arp, goat wall helps immensely against stuff like choice locked gren and lando-t as well as koko and rain mons. Giga drain does massive damage to offensive waters, knock off for switches this dude can force, hp ice helps against lando and serp (although serp is never a problem with our fire guys)
eq can hit tran on the switch thinking it can eat all of our moves. Regen is great on a av user because it provides forms of recovery that av usually blocks. 12 def allows tan growth to live 2 ice punches from mega swampert after rocks chip aswell as breakneck blitz from kart (kart is never an issue tho you got all sorts of shit in the back) rest is dumped into spdef for koko and rain mons I mentioned earlier.

Reckoner (Landorus-Therian) @ Figy Berry
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 Spe
Impish Nature
- HP Ice / Knock Off / Stone Edge
- Defog
- Earthquake

- U-turn

ah yes, lando my beloved. role compression god. HP ice hits switchins to eq like opposing lando and gliscor etc. defog removes hazards our sun guys hate, eq strong reliable stab even when uninvested doing good damage, and u-turn for the switches lando usually forced against tran and timid mage. EVs allow you to outpaced timid mage and modest tran, (you can run a speed boosting nature if you want to outspeed timid tran) while rest of evs are dumped into bulk

All I Need (Greninja) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Battle Bond
Timid Nature
- U-turn
- Ice Beam
- Dark Pulse

- Hydro Pump

this may seem like a counterintuitive mon since this is well a sun team but sun isn’t always going to be up, especially late game, where I feel gren thrives the most. Even while sun is up ice beam can hit lando and gliscor while pulse hits blace trying to use our sun against us as well as mega lati since this team doesn’t have pursuit support. gren is an amazing revenge killer with the moves mentioned and can pickup battle bond for late game, nothing wants to switch in on a ash gren specs hydro pump (except bulky waters and grasses but our sun mons remove those pretty handily). EVs are for the standard philosophy of “do big damage fast” - Sun Tzu the art of war.

shoutouts + conclusion + pokepaste

1LDK for being a nice person overall, and in the past encouraged me to make more rmts as well as spiking my interest in sm ou. keep making heat dude

Cheffy, my brother who has yet to make a smogon account… but is always there to listen to my rants about new teams (including this one) and watch a replay where i smoke some ladder players. you the goat bro.

bbp community, doesn’t really have anything to do with this team…. but are just a great bunch of people, always willing to answer any questions I have and just some cool people to talk to :) (go check out bbp if you haven’t it’s fun)

anyways that’s the team! I’m happy with it overall and it’s been fun spamming sun boosted moves on ladder in my free time. but I’m sure there are probably ways to improve it, and i’m always open to feedback to make this team better :) with that being said here is the paste and I hope anybody who reads this has a nice day!

(with a suggestion from 1LDK I have considered kartana over victini, it provides fast defogs and can break past bulky waters, and bait in grasses for our fire types)

https://pokepast.es/b9d813aed86011c3

(yes I am aware there are no replays, this team isn’t that hard to pilot if I get some good ones I’l add them)

Last edited:

1LDK

It's never going to get better
is a Top Team Rater
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Is that a
H E A T team, common fancy1 W?

Man, thanks for the shoutout! Fun fact: today I was trying to build something around Z Tailwind Kartana and was giving up, but this man, makes me wanna give it another shot, bro you want some heat teams? It's literally summer here, and I'm in the middle of a fucking heat wave, I'm about to die but not before throwing heat

As for the team, I'm gonna give it a try after (if my internet provider wants, of course)
Hope to see more of your teams in the future

Will try this team soon and edit this post for relevant suggestions :psyglad:

First thing first . I felt like this team , struggles to break Toxapex reliably , Heatran can trap pex and taunt it but takes a lot of damage if the sun is not up . I would suggest running Extrasensory on gren ( U-turn provides , for momentum gain its true , but 0 atk evs with -atk nature means U-turn does very little damage . I was thinking about a slower lando with yache berry / leftovers ( this allows lando to take hp ice from other landos ). Slower lando also means slower U-turn which allows you get a better matchup after Lando vs Lando u-turns . Toxic is also very important on lando as the team struggles against stuffs like Z-Kommo which can step up freely on lando and proceed to clean up . Hidden power ground can be used on Zard-y so that you don't have to rely on the 70% accuracy of Focus blast and safely 2hko sp def heatran . Overheat can also be used over Flamethrower for immediate power but then it forces you to switch out after 1-2 consecutive hits which can be annoying at times ( so its upto you to decide) .

Last edited:
View attachment 493127
(paste at bottom if you dont want to scroll through my bs)

intro + music rant

If you’ve seen any of my past rmts they tend to be “heat” related, see tera bug roaring moon, specs hatterene, a scarf staraptor rmt I scrapped and so on. and to be honest, gen 9 kinda got less fun for me (prob has something to do with vomit bird and chien-poo so maybe I’ll have more fun now that they’re banned) but anyways I started comp in gen 8 and didn’t really want to go back to building there. I wanted a new gen i could have some fun with, I tried gen 5 for a little bit and I enjoyed it but the lack of mons I was familiar with was a tad weird. So it seemed perfect for me to try gen 7, 1LDK def inspired the idea with his sick volc rmt, (check it out if you haven’t ) and I built a slew of teams in a few days. I’m loving this gen and can’t wait to build more! (also peaked around high 1300s with this team, probably a combination of my lack of understanding of the full metagame as I’ve only been playing for a few days and my lack of skill lol, either I don’t predict enough or I over predict, it’s a literal disease)

anyways instead of building around a “heat” mon I decided to built literal heat

(but wait I must do a music rant before you read the rmt.. ohoho delightfully devilish fancy…. I didn’t think I would like radio head, but my brother and I share pretty damn similar music taste so I decided to give it a chance, glad I did. sometime the vocals in some songs are a little shaky but overall good band! go check them out as well)

with that out of the way I would like to proudly present In Rainbows - ZardY Sun

(side note: I have no idea why the zard y sprite isn’t working… just use your imagination :heart:)

sets + descriptions

Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Focus Blast
- Solar Beam

- Roost

since this is a sun team, we of course needed a sun setter. Zard Y can also serve as a wall breaker early game with powerful sun boosted stab flamethrowers. Solar Beam works in conjunction with sun as it doesn’t need to charge when sun is up and Focus Blast is mainly for coverage against the likes of Heatran and others, roost is for longevity (mainly healing off rocks damage). EVs are pretty standard (go fast do big damage) 4 spd allow us to live greninjas hydropump in sun from full hp, which can be useful for some leads matchups against it.

House of Cards (Heatran) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 180 SpD / 76 Spe
Calm Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock

- Taunt

wonderful defensive presence in the team that helps against opposing mons trying to benefit from our sun. also abuses sun with insanely strong magma storms. Also helps against the stall mu stuff like non shed shell pex doesn’t want to switch in because we can deny recovery with taunt, same can be said for blissey (and heatran is immune to toxic!) earth power for coverage as well as other trans, rocks also allow zard and gren to break better (bro no heavy duty boots is crazy it feels like a whole new world). EVs in speed allow us to outspeed non scarf rotom-w as well as mega Mawile carrying brick break for coverage. Rest is dumped into bulk, this dude is your main switch into a lot of special attackers like lele and shit.

Bodysnatchers (Victini) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Bolt Strike
- V-create
- U-turn

- Final Gambit

other than the fact that I love this mon, victini serves as good revenge killer and sun boosted stab v-create spammer, not much to say. you end up mashing v-create most of the time, bolt strike is coverage against bulky waters as well as tran, you forcing switches most of the time so u-turn is also mashable. the joy I experience when I click final gambit on a mon that was a threat to my team is inexpressible, if victini isn’t doing much in a game game click gambit on shit you want gone. max hp and speed are for max damage on final gambit and revenge killing potential, 4 atk is for that little extra damage.

uh oh scarf lando pressing eq three times in a row on all of our sun mons seems like a bit of a problem….

Faust Arp (Tangrowth) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 12 Def / 244 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off
- Hidden Power [Ice]

- Earthquake

good think we got the goat Faust Arp, goat wall helps immensely against stuff like choice locked gren and lando-t as well as koko and rain mons. Giga drain does massive damage to offensive waters, knock off for switches this dude can force, hp ice helps against lando and serp (although serp is never a problem with our fire guys)
eq can hit tran on the switch thinking it can eat all of our moves. Regen is great on a av user because it provides forms of recovery that av usually blocks. 12 def allows tan growth to live 2 ice punches from mega swampert after rocks chip aswell as breakneck blitz from kart (kart is never an issue tho you got all sorts of shit in the back) rest is dumped into spdef for koko and rain mons I mentioned earlier.

Reckoner (Landorus-Therian) @ Figy Berry
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 Spe
Impish Nature
- HP Ice / Knock Off / Stone Edge
- Defog
- Earthquake

- U-turn

ah yes, lando my beloved. role compression god. HP ice hits switchins to eq like opposing lando and gliscor etc. defog removes hazards our sun guys hate, eq strong reliable stab even when uninvested doing good damage, and u-turn for the switches lando usually forced against tran and timid mage. EVs allow you to outpaced timid mage and modest tran, (you can run a speed boosting nature if you want to outspeed timid tran) while rest of evs are dumped into bulk

All I Need (Greninja) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Battle Bond
Timid Nature
- U-turn
- Ice Beam
- Dark Pulse

- Hydro Pump

this may seem like a counterintuitive mon since this is well a sun team but sun isn’t always going to be up, especially late game, where I feel gren thrives the most. Even while sun is up ice beam can hit lando and gliscor while pulse hits blace trying to use our sun against us as well as mega lati since this team doesn’t have pursuit support. gren is an amazing revenge killer with the moves mentioned and can pickup battle bond for late game, nothing wants to switch in on a ash gren specs hydro pump (except bulky waters and grasses but our sun mons remove those pretty handily). EVs are for the standard philosophy of “do big damage fast” - Sun Tzu the art of war.

shoutouts + conclusion + pokepaste

1LDK for being a nice person overall, and in the past encouraged me to make more rmts as well as spiking my interest in sm ou. keep making heat dude

Cheffy, my brother who has yet to make a smogon account… but is always there to listen to my rants about new teams (including this one) and watch a replay where i smoke some ladder players. you the goat bro.

bbp community, doesn’t really have anything to do with this team…. but are just a great bunch of people, always willing to answer any questions I have and just some cool people to talk to :) (go check out bbp if you haven’t it’s fun)

anyways that’s the team! I’m happy with it overall and it’s been fun spamming sun boosted moves on ladder in my free time. but I’m sure there are probably ways to improve it, and i’m always open to feedback to make this team better :) with that being said here is the paste and I hope anybody who reads this has a nice day!

(with a suggestion from 1LDK I have considered kartana over victini, it provides fast defogs and can break past bulky waters, and bait in grasses for our fire types)

https://pokepast.es/b9d813aed86011c3

(yes I am aware there are no replays, this team isn’t that hard to pilot if I get some good ones I’l add them)
Kinda weak to opposing gren and some m alakazams

Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Focus Blast
- Solar Beam

- Roost
Small correction but you accidentally called zard "15 Steps"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)