Resource USM Sample Teams [Submissions closed]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think if your trying to scrap the outdated teams then 80 percent of the sample teams are absolutely obsolete now. It cannot farm any wins against the current meta.

Zesty MM BO straight up gets plowed by DD Z drag zygarde which is the best zygarde rn.

Cynara BO gets absolutely destroyed by special pdon which can be anywhere from eruption to RP. Magearna needs hard pdon absorption and usually heal bell synergizes with CM groundy though not always. Needless to say, bringing ultra necro is an auto W.

Obiis team get absolutely walled by Ferrothorn. Using wall mence is also a trend that apparently makes no sense. It doesn’t even check the shit it is supposed to check. The only utility is a speedy sack defog. Something as simple as mag / xern plus groundy can also threaten this team. Wall mence defensive ygod and fairyceus calls for a very passive cushion with the likes of ogre being depended on to break and TR DM . 0 speed control and the likes of marsh can absolutely destroy the team on hazards (SR/Spikes).

The council mgar zyg has issues. Using two fairy weeks partnered with TR DM calls for pdon chip every time . The likes of zyg or offensive pdon or marsh or CM spout ogre or even tox ygod can destroy the team.

Looks like folks dont know ultra necro is a mon viewing all of these teams.

Something as simple as rock tomb eruption destroys the stall and even updated versions prolly unless waterceus.

disagreeing w your criticism. the statement "walled by ferrothorn" doesnt hold much weight when spout does near half, theres an eruptdon, an sd lion that gets free set up vs it, and a mence who doesnt care about leech, tox, or any of its moves. even yvel can taunt it. sure its annoying on paper but if u took time to play with the team, ud see ferro is only a "paper" issue rather than an actual road block to the team. i dont disagree with bulky mence being a worse set than other mence sets but its particularly useful here as this team wants an actual pdon check since ogre wants to avoid taking attacks from it and fairyceus invites it in. refresh mence means toxic from bulky pdon isnt totally free. not sure why u mention tr lion when theres a foul play yvel which is one of the best checks to it. lion cant tr and sd at the same time. it has to pick so going hard yvel is usually safe. it also doesnt set up for free bar fairyceus and mence (where it has to risk para but yvels still safe). not sure what "marsh destroys the team with hazards" means either. fairyceus + defensive yvel is pretty great vs it. should we run scarf xern on every team? scarf yvel on every team? if u let ur opponent keep up hazards and sweep with marsh, thats a playing issue not a team issue LOL

appreciate the concerns but i think it was mostly incorrect and misguided. actual criticisms to this team would be how weak it is to special don / rp don. ogre is a huge problem too.

e: i guess i should comment on the other things too. i agree cynaras team gets smashed p badly by special don and is pretty outdated. mag w no pdon sponge is kinda mediocre and im not sure why ekillers there when smth like groundceus could be better.

i think zestys team is fine vs dd zyg tho. it gets 1 dd at most and 1 ko at most w the z

the stall is also really really bad and i dont think stall is good enough in this tier to warrant a sample team

@ council dd zyg team, i think its fine. cm spout ogre cant cm for free ever without taking chip which means they get trapped by thunder gar after 1 ko. offensive pdon and zyg is a threat vs waterceus? waterceus is like THE check bro. ok marsh mu isnt ideal but that can be said for every team without xern, fairyceus, pdef zyg, bulky hooh. its def outplayable with waterceus, pdon, scarf yvel, and even the 5050 vs mgar. agreed that tox yvel is a big threat but that on its own isnt gonna smash the team.

Last edited:

Cynara

Banned deucer.
I agree my team is kinda outdated for the meta right now and when i built it it was very meta representative (Pohjis winning a Seasonal with a variant). With the double primal trend being in full force It's outdated now and should probably be removed, I honestly never felt they were unwinnable however. The most consistent team in the meta is honestly Salamence / Kyogre / Groudon / Arceus-Normal / Xerneas / Necrozma-Dusk-Mane in my opinion, which is already a featured sample team.

But I would like to also reiterate the fact Sample teams are a community project the lack of meta relevant teams are due to the lack of submisssions from top builders/players honestly, people prefer to post absolute hogwash instead of making a positive contribution.I could throw every up to date meta build I have in my teambuilder and call it a day but that defeats the purpose of contributing. If it comes to that I will.

Remove the stall team, Stall is awful in USM Ubers. You cheese a few mu wins against teams that don't really break stall such as HO structures but thats about it. It's not very consistent and there's too many offensive threats for stall to reliably cover in the meta.

Last edited:
I agree my team is kinda outdated for the meta right now and when i built it it was very meta representative (Pohjis winning a Seasonal with a variant). With the double primal trend being in full force It's outdated now and should probably be removed, I honestly never felt they were unwinnable however. The most consistent team in the meta is honestly Salamence / Kyogre / Groudon / Arceus-Normal / Xerneas / Necrozma-Dusk-Mane in my opinion, which is already a featured sample team.

But I would like to also reiterate the fact Sample teams are a community project the lack of meta relevant teams are due to the lack of submisssions from top builders/players honestly, people prefer to post absolute hogwash instead of making a positive contribution.I could throw every up to date meta build I have in my teambuilder and call it a day but that defeats the purpose of contributing. If it comes to that I will.

Remove the stall team, Stall is awful in USM Ubers. You cheese a few mu wins against teams that don't really break stall such as HO structures but thats about it. It's not very consistent and there's too many offensive threats for stall to reliably cover in the meta.

Edit:

Suppose I should submit a team to potentially replace mine again.

What im submitting is a different variety of team. Since there is a lot of similar teams on the samples and there's a lack of Lunala / Darkceus teams.

The below team is just a bog standard team featuring CM Darkceus and CM Lunala. Toxapex + Magearna + Darkceus form a solid defensive backbone. Refresh on Darkceus is dropped for Ice Beam so you can actually check Zygarde, with a Heal Bell Magearna this is very feasible to do. Keeping it short because its very late here.

Salamence-Mega (M) @ Salamencite
Ability: Intimidate
Happiness: 0
EVs: 248 Atk / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Defog
- Double-Edge
- Facade
- Roost

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 252 SpA / 100 SpD / 156 Spe
Mild Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Precipice Blades
- Overheat
- Rock Tomb

Arceus-Dark @ Dread Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 HP / 156 Def / 4 SpA / 96 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Judgment
- Ice Beam
- Recover

Toxapex (F) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Toxic
- Recover
- Haze

Lunala @ Lunalium Z
Ability: Shadow Shield
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 244 SpA / 12 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moongeist Beam
- Focus Blast
- Roost

Magearna @ Leftovers
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Fleur Cannon
- Volt Switch
- Heart Swap
- Heal Bell
I feel that the statement that stall is not good right now is not accurate. Would like to point out to henri stall which has an insane win rate.

As for the team you posted. It has a magearna and pex with an offensive mence as the only ground resist plus defogger which well help it not utilise its potential at all. SR fairyceus automatically puts rocks up and brings down the shadow shield of lunala. Now your argument would be that pex can put up a t spike on fairyceus but the truth being SR fairyceus is coupled with a dual primal core and as you can see we dont need to debate about the fact that dual primal plus SR fairyceus almost wins in every scenario. Once again, pdon is a huge threat. Something along the lines of eruption tomb blades SD to mixed RP as well. Double dance can set up on the lines of darkceus pex magearna also mence if we get an RP off on mag and pex. Also the heavy reliance on BO rn makes stall all the more good. But a good stall imperatively must have a scarf ygod and adequate phasing with no groundceus for the love of god. Also, your team is also threatened by a mon you like, e killer. The set can be either chople recover or LO. Also ironically your team loses to stall.

I feel your objective of posting a new team was to combat the problem of dual primals if i am not wrong but it falls victim to them even worse.

Last edited:

Cynara

Banned deucer.
You clearly don't know what you're talking about as evidenced above a few posts back so I'm going to stop caring about your pointless and inaccurate feedback. If you really believe your points above, why don't you build a better team instead of having your holier than thou approach, I'd love to see that.

Stall isn't anywhere near meta representative since every bulky offense is almost always equipped to deal with it, the myriad of Stallbreak Yveltal, CM Spout Kyogre, Ultra Necrozma, SD Groudon and the likes. Furthermore as evidenced by Seasonal Games, UPL, Exhibition and the likes, Hyw's stall has no relevant results besides smurfing randoms on the ladder.

You clearly don't know what you're talking about as evidenced above a few posts back so I'm going to stop caring about your pointless and inaccurate feedback. If you really believe your points above, why don't you build a better team instead of having your holier than thou approach, I'd love to see that.

Stall isn't anywhere near meta representative, as evidenced by Seasonal Games, UPL, Exhibition and the likes, Hyw's stall has no relevant results besides smurfing randoms on the ladder.
You can not pay attention to my hyw stall arguments. What about my SR fairyceus dual primal core argument. Also , Nayrz, good and passionate response from your "leader". Helped pave the way for the masses. Also, for cynara. I can hold a poll rn as to how weak you are to pdon itself let alone dual primal core. Having defog mence on in SR fairyceus meta doesnt exactly look smart but i guess i clearly dont understand your approach as stated by you. Discarding the likes of fairyceus or anything. Offensive pdon in itself can sweep alone.

Edit - Also bud, hyw stall and a variant in one game got goat heart a 3 - 1 rec LOL. So idk if its ladder gold only.

Last edited:
disagreeing w your criticism. the statement "walled by ferrothorn" doesnt hold much weight when spout does near half, theres an eruptdon, an sd lion that gets free set up vs it, and a mence who doesnt care about leech, tox, or any of its moves. even yvel can taunt it. sure its annoying on paper but if u took time to play with the team, ud see ferro is only a "paper" issue rather than an actual road block to the team. i dont disagree with bulky mence being a worse set than other mence sets but its particularly useful here as this team wants an actual pdon check since ogre wants to avoid taking attacks from it and fairyceus invites it in. refresh mence means toxic from bulky pdon isnt totally free. not sure why u mention tr lion when theres a foul play yvel which is one of the best checks to it. lion cant tr and sd at the same time. it has to pick so going hard yvel is usually safe. it also doesnt set up for free bar fairyceus and mence (where it has to risk para but yvels still safe). not sure what "marsh destroys the team with hazards" means either. fairyceus + defensive yvel is pretty great vs it. should we run scarf xern on every team? scarf yvel on every team? if u let ur opponent keep up hazards and sweep with marsh, thats a playing issue not a team issue LOL

appreciate the concerns but i think it was mostly incorrect and misguided. actual criticisms to this team would be how weak it is to special don / rp don. ogre is a huge problem too.

e: i guess i should comment on the other things too. i agree cynaras team gets smashed p badly by special don and is pretty outdated. mag w no pdon sponge is kinda mediocre and im not sure why ekillers there when smth like groundceus could be better.

i think zestys team is fine vs dd zyg tho. it gets 1 dd at most and 1 ko at most w the z

the stall is also really really bad and i dont think stall is good enough in this tier to warrant a sample team

@ council dd zyg team, i think its fine. cm spout ogre cant cm for free ever without taking chip which means they get trapped by thunder gar after 1 ko. offensive pdon and zyg is a threat vs waterceus? waterceus is like THE check bro. ok marsh mu isnt ideal but that can be said for every team without xern, fairyceus, pdef zyg, bulky hooh. its def outplayable with waterceus, pdon, scarf yvel, and even the 5050 vs mgar. agreed that tox yvel is a big threat but that on its own isnt gonna smash the team.
As to obiis response. Appreciate a concise response and adequate explanation of your logic. My response is that ferro is used a different way against a team like yours. Ferro can be sacked after a successful spike or tox. Also the fact that its not an on paper threat. Having SR fairyceus means free ferro switch on if want rocks. add a spike at that point. Also i dont get how refresh mence is a ferro answer. Body slam does zilch to be honest and once you leech you spam toxic and on the obvious potential roost it can add a layer of spike. Even taunt ygod cannot successfully
ppull of a taunt before eating either a leech or a tox. Zyg and ultra nec are frequent partners of ferro considering the synergy and unleashing of ultra with a pdon ferro fairy resist core. offensive DM doesnt threaten ferro in the least. leech on SD and sack ensuring barbs damage ensure decent crippling.

A good example of this successful core and build is Pohjis BO,

ferro SD necro chople ekiler pdon xern mence. Its an amazing team which explains how good ferro is in this gen and utilises the very core.

Also to your marsh argument, on SR. ygod cannot switch in on LO marsh and fairyceus coming in means double to steel on the recover and we cant deny the fact that steel plus pdon core is omnipresent. The likes of BU marsh might not threaten it that much yes .

As for the zesty MM BO, zesty himself can account to the drag z weakness. And I feel your claim that it only gets one kill is misguided bro. after one kill from z drag . It rather chips heavily the non scarf xern with arrows.

Also, you got my threat list mixed up. You defended the threats I never mentioned against the council zyg BO. Those threats were meant for your team not the council zyg BO.

My only threat for council BO was xern. pdon needs to come in for the chip where there are two fairy weaks. TR DM means that it cant take the chip. The nature of pdon also ensures that zyg can setup. The current z drag spread allows it to eat ice beam after complete form to kill waterceus. Lack of a fairy mon allows it to raw outrage after the waterceus KO. Scarf ygod as your defogger makes you weak to ferrothorn again though it can be pressurised with opposing zyg but still is a huge pain as the mgar set doesnt cover it either. But the biggest threat is xerneas. Also lock into foul play or defog can be heavily exploited against a team like this.

Last edited:
Quick response cus im on phone now but i didnt mean to imply mence is a ferro answer. My pt was a lot of the team doesnt exactly give ferro free turns considering body slam does about 40 and if they leech, thats about 30 net dmg which isnt bad at all. The ferro user can try tecting, toxicing, or spiking here which doesnt gain them much progress since mence is free to roost, refresh, defog, and spam slam. And switching into slam isnt exactly easy considering mence isnt weak and the para chance. About sd lion vs ferro, the tradeoff of +2 eq and leech is more beneficial when considering dmg output for the lion user. Esp when considering mence can come in whenever and remove the spikes without taking any chip

I dont disagree with your points in this recent post but i do have to say that a lot of these arguments come from the playing aspect which goes both ways. I think if we're considering "marsh attacks fairyceus then doubles out on recover" and those types of scenarios then its not even about the team anymore. I personally think that team has the tools to be successful (and it has, won 2 games in upl and has been winning consistently). Every team has weaknesses and this issue is exacerbated since we play ubers but in the end it comes down to how much we limit the threats w our playing

For example, the ferro necro mence team u suggested also gets mauled by eruptdon. 1 turn in vs ferro w rocks and its picking a ko. Ur reasoning goes both ways bro

Ill concede the zdrag weakness on zestys team i actually thought it was scarf xern so mb for that

Im not sure it xern is a huge issue for the council team since i believe pdon + gar is sufficient if lion is offensive but in this case, the pdon should be bulkier to account for geo xern

Also, i dont think stall is good in this meta but i havent seen hyws stall so i cant comment on that. The current stall team in samples should be removed tho i agree

Last edited:
Quick response cus im on phone now but i didnt mean to imply mence is a ferro answer. My pt was a lot of the team doesnt exactly give ferro free turns considering body slam does about 40 and if they leech, thats about 30 net dmg which isnt bad at all. The ferro user can try tecting, toxicing, or spiking here which doesnt gain them much progress since mence is free to roost, refresh, defog, and spam slam. And switching into slam isnt exactly easy considering mence isnt weak and the para chance

I dont disagree with your points in this recent post but i do have to say that a lot of these arguments come from the playing aspect which goes both ways. I think if we're considering "marsh attacks fairyceus then doubles out on recover" and those types of scenarios then its not even about the team anymore. I personally think that team has the tools to be successful (and it has, won 2 games in upl and has been winning consistently). Every team has weaknesses and this issue is exacerbated since we play ubers but in the end it comes down to how much we limit the threats w our playing

For example, the ferro necro mence team u suggested also gets mauled by eruptdon. 1 turn in vs ferro w rocks and its picking a ko. Ur reasoning goes both ways bro

Ill concede the zdrag weakness on zestys team i actually thought it was scarf xern so mb for that

Im not sure it xern is a huge issue for the council team since i believe pdon + gar is sufficient if lion is offensive but in this case, the pdon should be bulkier to account for geo xern

Also, i dont think stall is good in this meta but i havent seen hyws stall so i cant comment on that. The current stall team in samples should be removed tho i agree
Again. I didnt imply either mence was a ferro answer but the truth is ferro can potentially sit on 4 mons in that team is my point.

The two UPL wins point is valid also. But, sample teams mean from an overall solidity perspective as opposed to UPL matchup building.

Also think the fairyceus sequence cannot be changed cuz you are forced to recover on steel double despite knowing the double sequence or else you taking the chip out to make an aggro double which i dont think is good on such a team. Also ygod lacks oblivion wing I realised.

your right about eruption don tho but would sack xern considering a heavier steel mon present to cover pdon offensive nature so geo xern kinda pointless and correctly pressure with offensive DD mence. But yeah tough matchup.

As for henris stall. Can see Goat Heart Vs Lasen in UPL. Trust that shit slaps hard. Also, we gotta watch NBA finals on Drakes porch.

Alright so basically I don't know who made this team and I don't remember how I got it since its not here, but I felt like it should be here cause I'm like 40-2 with this team on ladder and it's really fun too. It's pure offense and the person who made this more or less thought everything through so I think it should be here.

So how I use this team is that I prioritize rocks and then do damage with Mence and Ogre so that either Groudon or Solgaleo can clean up later, Marshadow helps check a lot of mons in this tier and has pursuit to trap things like gengar and random psychics. What this team struggles against is Ultra Necrozma with SD which outspeeds everything and at +2 can pretty much ohko the whole team, so you better chip it so that Marshadow can trap it or kill it with sneak.

Some replays

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ubers-921851830
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ubers-921560617
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ubers-921310238

https://pokepast.es/b1ac5ac74349c751

PS- if you think this doesn't belong here then delete it by all means.

Last edited:
Alright so basically I don't know who made this team and I don't remember how I got it since its not here, but I felt like it should be here cause I'm like 40-2 with this team on ladder and it's really fun too. It's pure offense and the person who made this more or less thought everything through so I think it should be here.

So how I use this team is that I prioritize rocks and then do damage with Mence and Ogre so that either Groudon or Solgaleo can clean up later, Marshadow helps check a lot of mons in this tier and has pursuit to trap things like gengar and random psychics. What this team struggles against is Ultra Necrozma with SD which outspeeds everything and at +2 can pretty much ohko the whole team, so you better chip it so that Marshadow can trap it or kill it with sneak.

Some replays

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ubers-921851830
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ubers-921560617
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ubers-921310238

https://pokepast.es/b1ac5ac74349c751

PS- if you think this doesn't belong here then delete it by all means.
Yeah the fact that ultra goes to town on this team makes it not exactly sample team material imo.

haven't played ladder in a while but i peaked at #12 on ladder with this team and variants of this team, hovering around the top 50. i am "Gaming Grandpa" on Showdown

Salamence @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Protect
- Wish
- Defog
- Toxic

Explanation:
Probably the weirdest thing I run, support regular Salamence as an anti Groudon. I was previously running a Giratina-O with Toxic and Defog to win the hazard war vs Groudons, but I discovered that Salamence can do the exact same thing while having more longevity and providing Wish support which is relevant for Magearna and Yveltal who have limited heals. With Fire resist and Ground immune you can safely come in vs almost any Groudon-P, except if they SD and hit you with a rock move, and in that case you can often call out the rock move coming out with a switch to Arc Ground that now threatens to kill him

Don Draper (Groudon) @ Red Orb
Ability: Drought
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Def / 200 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Overheat
- Rest

explanation:
Pretty standard defensive Groudon with Rest for more longevity vs stall and synergy with Heal Bell for some scenarios. Don just a must have in most teams for obvious reasons, defensive Don I find to be the most consistent. I was trying Fire Punch over Overheat for a while cause I don't like the low PP but I think you need it to nuke stuff like Mega Sableye, Yveltal and Arc Fairy. Sucks not having a more spammable fire move but you just have to be careful not to waste them in certain MUs. This guy is your answer to Mega Lucario because you can switch in on their Swords Dance turn, live a CC and kill them

Arceus-Clown (Arceus-Ground) @ Earth Plate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Judgment
- Ice Beam
- Recover

explanation:
My favourite guy in the whole format, Ground and Ice coverage hits the world. 1 hits most Don sets so the gameplan often centers around baiting a Don switch and getting this guy in, where you can either straight Judgement if you don't think he'll know you're offensive, or Calm Mind if you expect a switch to Yveltal or something else that can come in on Judgement. A common scenario is being in on Magearna vs Yveltal and going straight to Arc into his Don switch where he expects a Volt Switch. Finding a Calm Mind is also a way to break through Ferro because Judgement will 2 hit the standard set after +1, you can't set up sraight on it though cause they usually run Toxic

Yveltal @ Assault Vest
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 252 HP / 84 Atk / 172 SpD
Careful Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Foul Play
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- U-turn

explanation:
My 2nd weird set, this is designed to bait Mega Mewtwo Y who gets 1 hit by Foul Play and can survive anything, bait Kyogre-P who thinks it can hit you and either kill it or get valuable damage on it, and generally being a strong special wall and pivot. You can also live unboosted max Sp.A Moonblast from Xern and Knock Off which is relevant sometimes. The EVs are just enough to not get 2 hit by Modest Water Spout on Kyogre from full and the rest in attack. This can often come in on enemy Yveltal to scout them if you'd rather not go to Magearna, if baiting Groudon doesn't work (if they have a clear answer to Arc Ground) this lets you Knock Off Yveltal or somethin else if that's relevant, bait in Arc Fairy/Xern, or U-Turn if they wanna switch. Priority is also nice to have in some scenarios. This guy is also a pretty nice answer to Marshadow being able to come in if you're expecting the Spec Thief and kill it or severely weaken it. If full health it lives Spec Theif into CC / Rock Tomb from Orb Marshadow

Magearna @ Normalium Z
Calm Nature
- Heart Swap
- Flash Cannon
- Volt Switch
- Heal Bell

explanation:
Hard counter to Xerneas and Yveltal and general special wall/pivot/Groudon baiter. Z Heal Bell for a 1 time heal and being able to Heal Bell/Heal through taunt, I found it better than Pain Split+Lefties for being able to have a Cleric and a Heal in 1 move, gives you less longevity but the 1 Heal is enough on most games and in Slower MU's you can find Wishes and just try and be careful when you pop the Z Move. I like Flash Cannon more than Fleur just for having more PP and being more spammable but Fleur is nice to hit Yveltal, Marsh, Mega Sab if you want that, perfectly valid option. I also found that this guy counters Deoxys-A most of the time, they can't kill you with anything and you can just sit and kill them or even Volt on the switch for some tempo

Skarmory @ Shed Shell
Ability: Sturdy
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Whirlwind
- Defog
- Toxic
Hard check to all Necrozma-DM variants. The only thing to be scared of is Swords Dance + Ultra Burst Z move which does about 75-80 to you and can sometimes prevent you from ever healing back, but if you're scared of that you can call it out in various ways and it's often not a play that they notice. Can Whirlwind if they boost, Defog if they rock, and Toxic Stall if they Ultra Burst. This guy can also be a win con by being able to Wall a lot of Physical threats like Mega Sal, Zygarde, Non-Z Marshadow (and you're safe after they pop Z move) and Arc E-Killer. You can also get valuable Toxics by forcing things out, and in matchups where you don't need it you can sacrifice it from full health to pop Sturdy and Toxic stuff like Kyogre-P/Groudon-P if they're tough to deal with. Really good Mon that wins me a good chunk of my games, especially powerful on a team that can so easily eliminate Don from the game. Shed Shell to not get wrecked by Gengar and Gothi

The team basically relies on eliminating the stuff that beats Arc Ground/Skarm and winning with them. It is nice vs most meta teams but can struggle vs stall, though it isn't impossible. Vs stall you gotta try to find the opportunity to Toxic stuff and call out the switches to their Heal Bell users to apply pressure

my first time postin a team forgive me if the formatting is a bit ugly here
importable:
Salamence @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Protect
- Wish
- Defog
- Toxic

Don Draper (Groudon) @ Red Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Def / 200 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Overheat
- Rest

Yveltal @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 84 Atk / 172 SpD
Careful Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Foul Play
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Arceus-Clown (Arceus-Ground) @ Earth Plate
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Judgment
- Ice Beam
- Recover

Magearna @ Normalium Z
Calm Nature
- Heart Swap
- Flash Cannon
- Volt Switch
- Heal Bell

Skarmory @ Shed Shell
Ability: Sturdy
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Whirlwind
- Defog
- Toxic

byulharang

formerly Holy Ghost
is a Tiering Contributor

lemme give this a shot.
Mewtwo @ Mewtwonite Y
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psystrike
- Ice Beam
- Fire Blast
- Calm Mind

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Overheat
- Precipice Blades
- Rock Tomb
- Swords Dance

Giratina-Origin @ Griseous Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 8 SpA / 248 SpD
Calm Nature
- Defog
- Dragon Pulse
- Thunder Wave
- Will-O-Wisp

Arceus-Water @ Splash Plate
EVs: 252 HP / 64 Def / 192 Spe
Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Ice Beam
- Toxic
- Recover

Yveltal @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Oblivion Wing
- Sucker Punch
- Taunt

Magearna @ Normalium Z
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Heal Bell
- Volt Switch
- Heart Swap
- Fleur Cannon

I've been using Mewtwo for the longest and I feel Mewtwo is hella underused and underappreciated in ubers. I think it performs its best on bulkier teams as it can punch holes in teams and act as a wall breaker. Switching into a well played Mewtwo is p scary if you don't have like Msab or Lunala as it has very good coverage and speed tier. I added a Magearna which has great role compression in a cleric, pivot, Xern counter, and a Ygod/Darkceus switchin which check Mewtwo. I went for Z-Heal bell over pain split to provide the team with a cleric and the team doesn't really have another z user so its w.e . Giratina-o is the hazard control and primary Pdon switchin. I like dual status and dragon pulse with 8spa over hex to break max hp ekillers sub which has potential to be a big problem and cripple darks that give the team a hard time while willo is mainly for SD arcs, Mluke and potentially dusk. I originally had a Fairyceus over Waterceus but I felt Waterceus handles more weak spots than fairy. Its the premier Ho-oh, Z-Zyg, Groundceus, Dragons check with toxic which can help vs opposing support arcs and a Pogre pivot. Ygod is here mainly for Mgar and Dusk/Ultra but its also insanely good rn. Lastly I slapped a Pdon on because its Pdon and used Sd over rocks to help break thru bulkier teams. Thats p much it for the team and I think it has room to outplay everything and from my experience doesn't rely on making the "big play" too much so imo its sample/beginner worthy.

Last edited:

bigtalk

Banned deucer.
Holy Ghost I was thinking the same thing as Exiline, LO Marshadow looks very threatening to your team given that your only fighting resist is Giratina. Everything else is 2HKO'd by Close Combat. It naturally forces out 2 members of the team, Mewtwo and Giratina, and you can't even pivot into Yveltal on Spectral Thief, as that into CC (LO-boosted) kills since you're running a -Def nature. I feel like you might need some more insurance vs it, for example a Tox/defensive Zygarde in place of Arceus-Water which can role compress as a check to both Ho-oh and Marshadow.

edit Also there's no rocks on your team???

Last edited:

The Dovahneer

UPL Champion
Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
EVs: 252 SpA / 104 SpD / 152 Spe
Mild Nature
- Swords Dance
- Eruption
- Precipice Blades
- Rock Tomb

Kyogre-Primal @ Blue Orb
Ability: Drizzle
Modest Nature
- Origin Pulse
- Calm Mind
- Thunder
- Ice Beam

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 76 Atk / 184 SpD
Careful Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Curse
- Roost

EVs: 252 Def / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Defog
- Thunder Wave
- Hex
- Draco Meteor

Yveltal @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 HP / 124 Def / 132 Spe
Timid Nature
- Foul Play
- Oblivion Wing
- U-turn
- Toxic

Arceus-Fairy @ Pixie Plate
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Judgment
- Earth Power
- Recover
This team/team type has been pretty popular as of late (I've seen it multiple times during my ongoing ssnl run and use a variant myself) and represents a basic form of these u-turn based primal abuse teams. Fairy Arceus is used to compress Stealth Rock while covering the team's weakness to Marshadow or Yveltal, Scizor exists as a form of speed control as well as a fairy check and baits in various things which either Primal can abuse for free spout/erupt turns. Yveltal represents the team's primary method of speed control, a possible cleaner, as well as another u-turn user. Giratina-O synergies with Kyogre to answer primal Groudon without losing too much momentum and is the team's defogger. Kyogre and Groudon are the stars of the show, Groudon abusing it's absurdly powerful Eruption and Kyogre using it's water STAB to blast massive holes into teams. It's a very momentum based playstyle, and typically, things turn into a DPS race if you will to KO as many key pokemon as fast as possible.

edit: Made some minor changes to better deal with support arcs (specifically waterceus) and somewhat help with mgar.

Last edited:

Glassy Sky

Banned deucer.
Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
EVs: 252 SpA / 104 SpD / 152 Spe
Mild Nature
- Swords Dance
- Eruption
- Precipice Blades
- Rock Tomb

Kyogre-Primal @ Blue Orb
Ability: Drizzle
Modest Nature
- Water Spout
- Calm Mind
- Origin Pulse
- Ice Beam

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 76 Atk / 184 SpD
Careful Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Curse
- Roost

EVs: 252 Def / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Defog
- Thunder Wave
- Hex
- Draco Meteor

Yveltal @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 HP / 124 Def / 132 Spe
Timid Nature
- Foul Play
- Oblivion Wing
- U-turn
- Toxic

Arceus-Fairy @ Pixie Plate
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Judgment
- Toxic
- Recover
This team/team type has been pretty popular as of late (I've seen it multiple times during my ongoing ssnl run and use a variant myself) and represents a basic form of these u-turn based primal abuse teams. Fairy Arceus is used to compress Stealth Rock while covering the team's weakness to Marshadow or Yveltal, Scizor exists as a form of speed control as well as a fairy check and baits in various things which either Primal can abuse for free spout/erupt turns. Yveltal represents the team's primary method of speed control, a possible cleaner, as well as another u-turn user. Giratina-O synergies with Kyogre to answer primal Groudon without losing too much momentum and is the team's defogger. Kyogre and Groudon are the stars of the show, both using their 150 BP moves to force turns where the opponent simply has to lose a pokemon. It's a very momentum based playstyle, and typically, things turn into a DPS race if you will to KO as many key pokemon as fast as possible.
That team seems really weak to HP Fire Geo Xern. Also seems to be pressured by 4 Attacks MGar as without Pursuit on M Sciz, you run the risk of Fairyceus getting trapped.

bigtalk

Banned deucer.
That team seems really weak to HP Fire Geo Xern.
I disagree, he has a Groudon that can revenge kill it if needed after Scizor gets chip with Bullet Punch. HP Fire geoxern isn't that common anyway.
Also seems to be pressured by 4 Attacks MGar as without Pursuit on M Sciz, you run the risk of Fairyceus getting trapped.
Kinda true (Mgar with Thunder traps/kills 3 members of the team, 4 if it manages to catch Yveltal), but it seems a tad overkill to expect every fairyceus team to pack a Pursuit user.

Glassy Sky

Banned deucer.
I disagree, he has a Groudon that can revenge kill it if needed after Scizor gets chip with Bullet Punch. HP Fire geoxern isn't that common anyway.

Kinda true (Mgar with Thunder traps/kills 3 members of the team, 4 if it manages to catch Yveltal), but it seems a tad overkill to expect every fairyceus team to pack a Pursuit user.
Eh I'm prolly am nitpicking too much, I just think the reality is that this team might get pressured by a combination of the two mentioned mons. If PDon has any chip, which is likely to happen throughout the battle via hazards or other weaker moves, it can't reliably defeat GeoXern anymore. Another thing I noticed is that neither of the Dual Primals are running max speed, that should probably be changed seeing as the more frequent use of Max Speed Primals. Other than that, I think this is a very solid Dual Primal build and even more so than the one posted by obii because it doesn't straight up lose to certain mons like Swords Dance Ultra Necrozma.

Edit: Just to back up my claim about Obii's team losing against SD Ultra Necro, here are some Calcs:

+2 252 Atk Neuroforce Necrozma-Ultra Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0- Def Groudon-Primal: 486-572 (142.5 - 167.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252 Atk Necrozma-Ultra Photon Geyser vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Kyogre-Primal: 430-507 (126 - 148.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252 Atk Neuroforce Necrozma-Ultra Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 16 Def Prism Armor Necrozma-Dusk-Mane: 396-466 (99.7 - 117.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
+2 252 Atk Neuroforce Necrozma-Ultra Stone Edge vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Charti Berry Yveltal: 340-400 (74.7 - 87.9%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
+2 252 Atk Necrozma-Ultra Light That Burns the Sky vs. 248 HP / 160 Def Arceus-Fairy: 588-693 (132.7 - 156.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+1 252 Atk Neuroforce Necrozma-Ultra Stone Edge vs. 248 HP / 136+ Def Salamence-Mega: 320-378 (81.4 - 96.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

Note that Stone Edge can be dropped over Outrage, which doesn't have the chance of missing and can cleanly KO Yveltal after Rocks at +2. Dealing with Fairyceus can be easily done by statusing it and chipping it so it is in range to be KOd. With a bit of chip here and there and with one set up, this team completely falls to Ultra Necrozma.

Last edited:

The Dovahneer

UPL Champion
Eh I'm prolly am nitpicking too much, I just think the reality is that this team might get pressured by a combination of the two mentioned mons. If PDon has any chip, which is likely to happen throughout the battle via hazards or other weaker moves, it can't reliably defeat GeoXern anymore. Another thing I noticed is that neither of the Dual Primals are running max speed, that should probably be changed seeing as the more frequent use of Max Speed Primals. Other than that, I think this is a very solid Dual Primal build and even more so than the one posted by obii because it doesn't straight up lose to certain mons like Ultra Necrozma.
I changed the Kyogre set as double 150BP moves makes switching either mon in extremely detrimental, which also allows me to fit thunder to deal with waterceus better. I also made the fairy arc earth power to give it something to bother Mega Gengar. As for max speed primals, I believe they're both personal choice. I prefer atk boosting natures but I think speed boosting ones are fully viable.

https://pokepast.es/4e60b0360e9e1501

Here is my team, and I've had a lot of success with it. #2 on the ubers ladder. Looking for feedback though.

Description:

The goal here is to play around your opponent and not directly engage. The first order of priority is capitalizing on the first move. This is most commonly done with a glare from zyg, but there are spD swap (ferro and ho oh) if the opponent starts with a special attacker. Otherwise, the creep begins. A glare is thrown out, and then a defogger comes in. Ho oh can take the SR damage due to the glare and leftovers. Ho oh can abuse the glare with sub, and any cleric with brave bird. Ho oh can also beat out stallmons with toxic, and doesn't get it's sacred fire pp stalled by giratina. The yveltal serves as an additional physical check, especially to paralyzed boosted pdons and necrozmas. Goth works to trap and win a stall match, ferro starts the offense with a stealth rock after their sr setter is worn down or there is an opportunity, and yveltal can knock off the other yveltal's life orb or metronome to neuter it, so arceus-g doesn't have to fear oblivion wing spam. The arceus functions as a decent late game sweeper once SR is set, or could even be the lead if a pdon lead is scouted. Overall it is a very versatile stall team that combines two defoggers with a lot of hard counter swaps.

Alright, as quite a few people have asked what I used during ULT to reach such a high gxe I may as well post the team here, even though I don't think it'll get accepted as I don't have that ubers clout. I will just start by saying that the team is by no means perfect, but the meta is in such a position that I have not seen an ubers team that has even come close to perfection. All the samples have major flaws and everyone knows that. However, with this said, I do believe the teams I am submitting are extremely consistent on the whole, reflected by extremely good ladder results. And before you say ladder is irrelevant, remember that sample teams are designed for the ladder, so I believe ladder results are applicable here.

Choice scarf Xerneas + Choice specs Lunala is a very complimentary core. Scarfed Xerneas struggles against threats such as Dusk Mane, Primal Groudon and Mag, which specs Lunala completely nukes, OHKOing non spdef Mane and 2HKOing spdef don and mag. On the other hand Lunala struggles against darks such as Darkceus, Yveltal and Ttar which Xerneas all pressures. Lunala is able to run coverage moves such as Ice Beam and Focus blast to get around these checks, however. Xerneas also provides aroma + defog support which is extremely useful for any balance team, especially with rest Zygarde C. This core covers Ultra extremely well, as only Knock Ultra can OHKO Lunala with shadow shield intact, and even after Stealth Rock only Outrage can KO which is easily revenged by Xerneas. The next addition Waterceus means that Dusk Mane is covered pretty well, as between that and Lunala it'll have a hard time getting anywhere. Waterceus is also important as it gives additional support VS Ho-Oh as it is able to Toxic it (which is important as this allows specs moongeist to 2HKO it), and judge is able to 2HKO forcing it out. Waterceus also gives Defog support to keep Lunala's shadow shield intact. Ice Beam is not necessary on this set as scarf Xerneas/Coil Zygarde is able to deal with DD Zygarde generally and Dusk Mane/Zygarde can deal with Mega Mence. Waterceus gives extra support vs Groundceus which is important and also gives a switch into Pogre if Pogre comes in on Pdon. Dusk Mane is an extremely important pokemon as it's the main Geo Xern check and is able to remove key threats such as Darkceus and Grondceus, which frees up room for Pdon and Lunala to do much more damage. Double Dance Mane in general is an extremely huge threat, and in addition to this messes with lead exca as it is able set up due to the fact exca usually runs Tomb + Toxic over Earthquake. Defensive Zygarde C is super broken, and I think Zyg C + Waterceus is one of if not the best core in ubers as you pretty much wall every single Pdon set, and pretty safely honestly. Zyg C can easily scout the Pdon set as HP Ice cannot OHKO from full, so if it reveals Fire Blast you can easily go back into Waterceus. Zyg C also adds support to beat huge threats such as Marshadow, Ekiller, SD Pdon, SD Ground, Ho-Oh etc. Glare on Zygarde is complimentary to the team as it means Lunala can outspeed and 2HKO a bunch of Pokemon, and SD Pdon can also set up and smack support arc formes such as a paralysed Groundceus for free. Pdon adds the finishing touch to the team. It was originally Toxic Overheat but I think SD Tomb gives it much more breaking power and gives Ho-Oh teams much more of a hard time, rather than having to rely on Zyg C and not really getting anywhere. This set also punishes base defog Giratina as Precipice at +2 is a 2HKO. Primal Groudon is the main Pogre check and an emergency Xerneas answer if Dusk Mane gets worn down. While this set can't do much to Gira O it can easily lay rocks and then you can switch into Xerneas or Lunala which pressure Gira O immensely. The Pdon EVs may look weird but they serve an important purpose. 48 speed is to outspeed 50% Zygarde with 4 speed evs (just in case they threw the last 4 evs in speed), meaning it can get off the SD, outspeed and smack it with Blades if it weakened. 248 HP with 64 Defense means that EQ from Pogre is a 3HKO and max hp helps ward off hits from Geo Xern; 248 HP means it can survive a +2 Focus blast after rocks in base form at 94 HP. The rest is in attack to deal as much damage as possible.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ubers-943130713 VS balance
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ubers-943160363 VS Ho-Oh + Groundceus balance (a skilled player who has reached high elos)
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ubers-943239539 (again)
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ubers-943201581 VS HO
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ubers-943574016 VS Stall (I think this is lance or hyw, you can call this stall a meme all you want but it's reached 1900 and beat skilled players such as garay so that's enough for me to think it's pretty decent)
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ubers-944093014 VS Darkceus balance

CM Ground is a complete menace. The only real strategy is to go into Waterceus, Toxic, sack Waterceus and then go into Lunala and get an Ice Beam/Psyshock off. This is far from ideal and is by far and large the only Pokemon that can really straight up break this team. Waterceus can switch in safely to support Groundceus and Zygarde checks SD Ground.

+
Defog Ho-Oh + Defog Groundceus stall is a tricky thing to break using this team. In the replays I have shown I can break Defog Groundceus + Defog Ho-Oh balance but stall is another thing altogether. With access to Heal Bell as well, it is difficult to wear these Pokemon down and given the Pdon set it is very difficult to keep rocks up. It can be played around, since Swords Dance Mane, Specs Nala and SD Pdon are all powerful breakers but if the stall player knows what he's doing you will struggle a lot.

This team has reached what I assume is the highest gxe of this generation, at 96.3% without any boosting on a difficult ladder with skilled players, so that's enough for me to think it must be somewhat decent.

The second team I would like to submit for samples is:

I won't give a description of this team as it a resubmission of a team I have posted before. The one change I have made is physical Pogre over Mega Gengar. The main criticisms the team received was that it lacked stall breakers and was weak to Pogre, which I think were reasonably fair criticisms though that didn't take away from the consistency of the team. However, with the addition of physical Pogre this adresses both of these issues. Physical Pogre is a great stall breaker, as it is able to break Chansey with Liquidation. It also makes the team far less Pogre weak, particularly on the physical side as it can switch into an EQ and trade Thunders if necessary. This team peaked 2000 elo, which I also think is probably the highest ELO of this generation achieved fairly, so this a very, very good team.

EDIT: For the second team changed Pogre from a mixed attacker to CM Spout to further improve the stall MU, as CM Spout is much better against stall and also to overwhelm Ferrothorn. I have also changed Ho-Oh from Recover to Whirlwind as an emergency Geo Xern check if Primal Groudon gets worn down.

Last edited:

bigtalk

Banned deucer.
Alright, as quite a few people have asked what I used during ULT to reach such a high gxe I may as well post the team here, even though I don't think it'll get accepted as I don't have that ubers clout. I will just start by saying that the team is by no means perfect, but the meta is in such a position that I have not seen an ubers team that has even come close to perfection. All the samples have major flaws and everyone knows that. However, with this said, I do believe the teams I am submitting are extremely consistent on the whole, reflected by extremely good ladder results. And before you say ladder is irrelevant, remember that sample teams are designed for the ladder, so I believe ladder results are applicable here.

Choice scarf Xerneas + Choice specs Lunala is a very complimentary core. Scarfed Xerneas struggles against threats such as Dusk Mane, Primal Groudon and Mag, which specs Lunala completely nukes, OHKOing non spdef Mane and 2HKOing spdef don and mag. On the other hand Lunala struggles against darks such as Darkceus, Yveltal and Ttar which Xerneas all pressures. Lunala is able to run coverage moves such as Ice Beam and Focus blast to get around these checks, however. Xerneas also provides aroma + defog support which is extremely useful for any balance team, especially with rest Zygarde C. This core covers Ultra extremely well, as only Knock Ultra can OHKO Lunala with shadow shield intact, and even after Stealth Rock only Outrage can KO which is easily revenged by Xerneas. The next addition Waterceus means that Dusk Mane is covered pretty well, as between that and Lunala it'll have a hard time getting anywhere. Waterceus is also important as it gives additional support VS Ho-Oh as it is able to Toxic it (which is important as this allows specs moongeist to 2HKO it), and judge is able to 2HKO forcing it out. Waterceus also gives Defog support to keep Lunala's shadow shield intact. Ice Beam is not necessary on this set as scarf Xerneas/Coil Zygarde is able to deal with DD Zygarde generally and Dusk Mane/Zygarde can deal with Mega Mence. Waterceus gives extra support vs Groundceus which is important and also gives a switch into Pogre if Pogre comes in on Pdon. Dusk Mane is an extremely important pokemon as it's the main Geo Xern check and is able to remove key threats such as Darkceus and Grondceus, which frees up room for Pdon and Lunala to do much more damage. Double Dance Mane in general is an extremely huge threat, and in addition to this messes with lead exca as it is able set up due to the fact exca usually runs Tomb + Toxic over Earthquake. Defensive Zygarde C is super broken, and I think Zyg C + Waterceus is one of if not the best core in ubers as you pretty much wall every single Pdon set, and pretty safely honestly. Zyg C can easily scout the Pdon set as HP Ice cannot OHKO from full, so if it reveals Fire Blast you can easily go back into Waterceus. Zyg C also adds support to beat huge threats such as Marshadow, Ekiller, SD Pdon, SD Ground, Ho-Oh etc. Glare on Zygarde is complimentary to the team as it means Lunala can outspeed and 2HKO a bunch of Pokemon, and SD Pdon can also set up and smack support arc formes such as a paralysed Groundceus for free. Pdon adds the finishing touch to the team. It was originally Toxic Overheat but I think SD Tomb gives it much more breaking power and gives Ho-Oh teams much more of a hard time, rather than having to rely on Zyg C and not really getting anywhere. This set also punishes base defog Giratina as Precipice at +2 is a 2HKO. Primal Groudon is the main Pogre check and an emergency Xerneas answer if Dusk Mane gets worn down. While this set can't do much to Gira O it can easily lay rocks and then you can switch into Xerneas or Lunala which pressure Gira O immensely. The Pdon EVs may look weird but they serve an important purpose. 48 speed is to outspeed 50% Zygarde with 4 speed evs (just in case they threw the last 4 evs in speed), meaning it can get off the SD, outspeed and smack it with Blades if it weakened. 248 HP with 64 Defense means that EQ from Pogre is a 3HKO and max hp helps ward off hits from Geo Xern; 248 HP means it can survive a +2 Focus blast after rocks in base form at 94 HP. The rest is in attack to deal as much damage as possible.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ubers-943130713 VS balance
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ubers-943160363 VS Ho-Oh + Groundceus balance (a skilled player who has reached high elos)
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ubers-943239539 (again)
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ubers-943201581 VS HO
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ubers-943574016 VS Stall (I think this is lance or hyw, you can call this stall a meme all you want but it's reached 1900 and beat skilled players such as garay so that's enough for me to think it's pretty decent)
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ubers-944093014 VS Darkceus balance

View attachment 186133 CM Ground is a complete menace. The only real strategy is to go into Waterceus, Toxic, sack Waterceus and then go into Lunala and get an Ice Beam/Psyshock off. This is far from ideal and is by far and large the only Pokemon that can really straight up break this team. Waterceus can switch in safely to support Groundceus and Zygarde checks SD Ground.

View attachment 186134 + View attachment 186135 Defog Ho-Oh + Defog Groundceus stall is a tricky thing to break using this team. In the replays I have shown I can break Defog Groundceus + Defog Ho-Oh balance but stall is another thing altogether. With access to Heal Bell as well, it is difficult to wear these Pokemon down and given the Pdon set it is very difficult to keep rocks up. It can be played around, since Swords Dance Mane, Specs Nala and SD Pdon are all powerful breakers but if the stall player knows what he's doing you will struggle a lot.

This team has reached what I assume is the highest gxe of this generation, at 96.3% without any boosting on a difficult ladder with skilled players, so that's enough for me to think it must be somewhat decent.

The second team I would like to submit for samples is:

I won't give a description of this team as it a resubmission of a team I have posted before. The one change I have made is physical Pogre over Mega Gengar. The main criticisms the team received was that it lacked stall breakers and was weak to Pogre, which I think were reasonably fair criticisms though that didn't take away from the consistency of the team. However, with the addition of physical Pogre this adresses both of these issues. Physical Pogre is a great stall breaker, as it is able to break Chansey with Liquidation. It also makes the team far less Pogre weak, particularly on the physical side as it can switch into an EQ and trade Thunders if necessary. This team peaked 2000 elo, which I also think is probably the highest ELO of this generation achieved fairly, so this a very, very good team.
Does the first team have a method for dealing with Mgar? There's no Ghost-type resist and it hits at least 3 of your mons supereffectively, none of your replays seem to have Mgar in them.

Does the first team have a method for dealing with Mgar? There's no Ghost-type resist and it hits at least 3 of your mons supereffectively, none of your replays seem to have Mgar in them.
m gar switches into nothing on the team safely so trapping isn't an issue. If something on their team dies and they go m gar on luna then zygarde/pdon/arc water are all decent switch ins though you have to be wary of thunder/hp ice coverage. Dusk Mane is able to easily tank a shadow ball/hex and either set up with RP or OHKO with EQ or Z. I guess they can trap xern after it has revenged something but m gar is taking about 50, so overall m gar is not too big of an issue imo.

SparksBlade

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Community Leader
yea i don't think 4 attacks gar is as big a threat in practice as it seems on paper, hex seems better vs this team but the only real opportunities its getting is after figuring out the zygarde set imo, which can take a while unless you can immediately pressure the zygod and have it reveal rest+no sleep talk. otherwise, it takes quite long and you're getting nicely chipped by specs lunala and getting your supportceus glare'd by zygarde.

i think a more dangerous mon is specs ygod since it can come in more often, and the only way to revenge is also the dark resist aka scarf xern, so you're always gonna click dark pulse vs that team and take off some very heavy chip, later maybe useful for your marsh, or annoying the shit out of waterceus wasting its recovers and playing the mindgame of when to click toxic

not outright as threatening as the above two, but i feel like ferro is also very good vs your team, coming in easily on 3/6 mons and setting spikes vs a 100% grounded team. sure you threaten strongly with specs lunala, but a hooh in the back deals with it quite well and leaves your team on the backfoot and receiving more chip

specs ygod and ferro are mons that i hate being weak to, and i don't like to consider usage in those cases to write them off. it's not a bad team or have any big glaring weakness from what i could think, but fsr i just don't like the feel of it. maybe it's the no ground resists, or maybe it's something else that'll click later.

the 2nd team i don't think is as good vs stall as you imagine, since mixed ogre is not an automatic stallbreaker vs ferro or wisp giratina or spikes/tspikes. also 5/6 mons inviting ferro and your only counter being the 8pp sacred fire defensive hooh is a red flag for me.

please don't be annoyed/offended if you feel im nitpicking about ferro but i think it's a great mon whose value maybe rose in upl and went down right after, and it's one of the common mons i think about when looking at a team.

good post and grats on the ladder ratings and the effort you put into the teams and on the ladder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)