Resource USM OU Sample Teams v2 (up)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't like the idea of submitting my own team as it feels a bit arrogant, but I don't follow what are popular teams and feel there should be a CM M.Latias sample as its reasonable good rn. So I'm going to submit this team that l now have some confidence in it after seeing a similar team in SPL, but say maybe find one with accolades. (Click team for importable)

Its a team I made about a year ago, but it still seems very viable and have updated some of the sets to better suit the Meta. The team is built around a nice trap core with Heatran, Greninja and M.Latias, where Heatran will force the switch into either Tyranitar or Toxapex for the most part and then Ground-Z them, helping either Ash-Greninja or M.Latias. While AV Ttar has become more popular recently, Spikes from Greninja + Magma chip will quickly weaken it anyway. LandoT was my Scarfer of choice, and I've decided to keep the old bulky spread due the teams weaker physical defence. Spikes from ash Gren will pressure the opposing team to Defog more, reducing pressure for LandoT to Defog. Jirachi is really nice right now, helping check psyspam, acting as a pivot to keep momentum, while its access to Healing Wish lets M.Latias played as part of the defensive core early game without having to worry as much about anything crippling it, giving flexibility in the teams defence. Tapu Bulu pairs well with the team weakening Ground attackes for Jirachi and Heatran, as well as improving passive recovery for both while alleviating some of the special attacking pressure Jirachi will face.

Last edited:

Fusion Flare

i have hired this cat to stare at you
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor

AV Magearna Offense

So this team right here focused on AV Magearna. AV Magearna at the team is one of the best special switch-ins(bar chansey lol)due to its fantastic ttyping, wonderful bulk, and great Special Attack. Said Special Attack gives it more than enough ability to not be passive. Mega Alakazam is the Heatran switch-in on the team, and generally works well as a partner for Magearna. I then added Choice Scarf Landorus-T, which provided speed control, completed the VoltTurn core with Magearna, and was hazard removal. Sub Icium Z Kyurem-B was added to take advantage of the VoltTurn core and a more safer way to rip apart balanced and defensive teams alike. I realized I needed some hazards, since I had none. I added Ash-Greninja + Chople Ferrothorn to throw on hazards and provide offensive presence. Chople Berry + Thunder Wave lets it cripple kartana, which would otherwise take advantage of it. Ash-greninja appreciates Kyurem-B destroying the likes of Bulu and Pex, while it also likes that Ferrothorn scares away Fini, and both appreciate Ash-greninja forcing out Heatran. Anyway, that's the team, kids!

https://pokepast.es/77b30925f822f8c0

Last edited:
End Game Team Victini Offense 1.

[click image for importable]

Hello Smogon Comunity, today im going to share a team that was built by End Game Team, thunder n' blazes made it and was spammed by members, the main reason is because we spammed this offense on the ladder and had a lot of success, then people started copying the team and using wrong EV's, wrong movesets, and since some people asked for this team, we decided to post it. This team was built for a ladder tournament that's currently active in the PokeSpain forum, my clanmate EG Kruzes peaked +1900 and got qualified, I got to +1850 and started to choke...

This team is a standard offense featuring the volturn core of Banded Victini + Tapu Koko, this core works amazingly since Victini's weakness are Ground types, Toxapex, etc and Tapu Koko covers some ground types and gives Defog support with Shuca Berry, it set up Electric Terrain and thanks to that, Victini can lure water types with a powerful boosted Bolt Strike. Fly-Z Landorus-Therian was the next pick since it can stop Mawile-Mega, KO Hawlucha when boosted, and give us a good Ground Inmunity, being able to set up Stealth Rocks. At this point, we needed more firepower, since it's an offensive team, we added Scarf Kartana to help agaisnt the Rain Match Up, since Kartana still outspeeds Adamant Pert under rain, it revenge kills weakened threats and it pressures a lot in general with 4 attacks. Assault Vest Magearna to tank opposing Alakazam Mega, Magearna Shift Gear, or Ash Greninja teams. Magearna helps with Volt Switch too giving a better support to Victini, since you can pressure the opponent using Volt Switch and going V-Create to take a kill or weaken your foe. Finally Gyarados-Mega with Substitute in order to avoid status, helps to set up vs some Pokemon like Landorus-Therian without Stone Edge, Toxapex, Heatran, and the list continues.

How to use it agaisnt some Match Up:

• This team needs to be played agressively using Victini to take kills. In the Stall matchup you need to use it carefully along with Gyarados Mega and take advantage of the Volturn Core.
  • Agaisnt Rain teams you need Tapu Koko, Kartana and Gyarados Mega to win, since they can pressure a lot, specially Kartana killing everything and Gyarados being able to set up behind Substitute.
  • Agaisnt Offensive teams, you need to spam the volturn core and go into Victini or Tapu Koko to weaken the opposing team. Victini can take on Volcarona and stuff like Z Magearna, all you need vs Offense is prevent it from boosting.
Here going to drop some replays on ladder:
.vs Psyspam in New Origin (Latin forum) Tour
.vs Standard HO in New Origin (Latin forum) Tour
.vs Hawlucha HO in Ladder.
Ladder Game of my friend Kruzes in 1900 lol (This is proof).

Last edited:

Fusion Flare

DD Zard X BO
So basically DD Zard X is pretty much a decent mega in the tier with good stats, movepool, typing, and reliable recovery. Decided to Pair it with Pivot Torn-T as le obligatory Defog user since Zard X hated hazards. Ferrothorn came in next as Ash-Gren check, and SR user. Since I felt I needed a wall breaker to soften up the team for Zard X, I added Psychium Z Lele. Lele also appreciates Zard X bopping Steel types for Lele. The team at the current moment sucked ass against Heatran since nothing on my team switched in. Rotom-W came in as a solid check to that, and it completed the VoltTurn core with Torn-T. Lastly, Scarf Kartana provides the desperate speed control, and another Defog user. That’s the team, people! https://pokepast.es/5c1db2683d099e57

(This probably WON'T make it into samples, but nonetheless, its pretty succesful.)\

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-863587383 Vs. Sand

Last edited:

Fusion Flare

Mew Hyper Offense

Mew is a pretty interesting mon on HO. Great bulk, fantastic movepool, and decent offensive stats. I decided to pair it with Dual Screens Tapu Koko as it had U-turn to bring in Mew safely, and Taunt to stop opposing setup. Double Dance Magearna came in next as a usual staple on HO, with it being the Z-move user and having excellent bulk. Mega Gyarados pressured Mega Latias for Mew along with being a physical attacker to actually dent Chansey, and how it bopped Quagsire with Mold Breaker. I realized I needed some hazards, since any OU team without hazards is just straight up BAD. I decided to go the landorus-T route as Intimidate eased setup for my other mons, and Explosion to gain extra momentum. Lastly, Hawlucha benefits from Tapu Koko as a whole to setup safely, and its dual stab is quite unique.

How to use this team in some matchups:

• Against stall, setup your dual screens first, taunt with Koko, the U-turn into mega Gyara and get a sub up. Start setting up with DD, and then get through most of the team.
  • Usually, setup with koko if an offensive team has ash-greninja, as Landorus-T will get easily destroyed by water shuriken. Once it has screens up, go into a setup mon and start setting up. One sweeper paves the way for another sweeper on the team.
Anyway, that's my first team! Onto the next one!

Mew Ho Pokepaste: https://pokepast.es/2f465db5d283f674

Hydreigon BO

Hydreigon is a unique Pokemon because of its typing, which lets it check Pokemon like Ash-Greninja, Blacephalon, and Heatran. Heatran itself was a good partner, as the two had wonderful type synergy. It was also the rocker on the team. AV Tangrowth took most of the pressure off Hydreigon for checkign Ash-Greninja, and it also appreciated the two taking on Fire-types. Double Dance Reuniclus was a solid Mega Medicham check, and was the bulky setup mon on the team that could use Chansey as setup bait. Mega Lopunny was a fast attacker that apreciated most of the team weakeneing fairies into range of Return, and was a generally powerful offenisve mon that also pressured Chansey. Lastly, landorus-T provides speed control, hazard control, and U-turn support.

How to use this team against some matchups:

• Against Stall, use Landorus-T to U-turn into dangerous wallbreakers, like Reuniclus and Mega Lopunny, both of which can deal with Chansey. Mega Lopunny in particular can deal with Mega Sableye. However, be wary of protect, so use Fake Out turn 1 against mega Sableye. After those two Pokemon are gone, the rest of the team can deal with stall fairly well.
  • Against offensive teams, take advantage of Landorus-T's U-turns and if a dark/steel type is gone, setup with Reuniclus. Check Ash-greninja with Hydreigon/Tangrowth, although if it isn't Battle Bond, scout carefully.
Hydreigon BO Pokepaste: https://pokepast.es/4ef83e28d94d8a92

Baloor

Tigers Management
is a Community Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a defending SPL Champion
PUPL Champion
Mew Hyper Offense

View attachment 160838View attachment 160839View attachment 160840View attachment 160842View attachment 160841View attachment 160910

Mew is a pretty interesting mon on HO. Great bulk, fantastic movepool, and decent offensive stats. I decided to pair it with Dual Screens Tapu Koko as it had U-turn to bring in Mew safely, and Taunt to stop opposing setup. Double Dance Magearna came in next as a usual staple on HO, with it being the Z-move user and having excellent bulk. Mega Gyarados pressured Mega Latias for Mew along with being a physical attacker to actually dent Chansey, and how it bopped Quagsire with Mold Breaker. I realized I needed some hazards, since any OU team without hazards is just straight up BAD. I decided to go the landorus-T route as Intimidate eased setup for my other mons, and Explosion to gain extra momentum. Lastly, Hawlucha benefits from Tapu Koko as a whole to setup safely, and its dual stab is quite unique.

How to use this team in some matchups:

• Against stall, setup your dual screens first, taunt with Koko, the U-turn into mega Gyara and get a sub up. Start setting up with DD, and then get through most of the team.
  • Usually, setup with koko if an offensive team has ash-greninja, as Landorus-T will get easily destroyed by water shuriken. Once it has screens up, go into a setup mon and start setting up. One sweeper paves the way for another sweeper on the team.
Anyway, that's my first team! Onto the next one!

Mew Ho Pokepaste: https://pokepast.es/2f465db5d283f674

Hydreigon BO

View attachment 160911View attachment 160912View attachment 160913View attachment 160914View attachment 160916View attachment 160841

Hydreigon is a unique Pokemon because of its typing, which lets it check Pokemon like Ash-Greninja, Blacephalon, and Heatran. Heatran itself was a good partner, as the two had wonderful type synergy. It was also the rocker on the team. AV Tangrowth took most of the pressure off Hydreigon for checkign Ash-Greninja, and it also appreciated the two taking on Fire-types. Double Dance Reuniclus was a solid Mega Medicham check, and was the bulky setup mon on the team that could use Chansey as setup bait. Mega Lopunny was a fast attacker that apreciated most of the team weakeneing fairies into range of Return, and was a generally powerful offenisve mon that also pressured Chansey. Lastly, landorus-T provides speed control, hazard control, and U-turn support.

How to use this team against some matchups:

• Against Stall, use Landorus-T to U-turn into dangerous wallbreakers, like Reuniclus and Mega Lopunny, both of which can deal with Chansey. Mega Lopunny in particular can deal with Mega Sableye. However, be wary of protect, so use Fake Out turn 1 against mega Sableye. After those two Pokemon are gone, the rest of the team can deal with stall fairly well.
  • Against offensive teams, take advantage of Landorus-T's U-turns and if a dark/steel type is gone, setup with Reuniclus. Check Ash-greninja with Hydreigon/Tangrowth, although if it isn't Battle Bond, scout carefully.
Hydreigon BO Pokepaste: https://pokepast.es/4ef83e28d94d8a92
View attachment 160397View attachment 160398View attachment 160399View attachment 160455View attachment 160456View attachment 160457
DD Zard X BO
So basically DD Zard X is pretty much a decent mega in the tier with good stats, movepool, typing, and reliable recovery. Decided to Pair it with Pivot Torn-T as le obligatory Defog user since Zard X hated hazards. Ferrothorn came in next as Ash-Gren check, and SR user. Since I felt I needed a wall breaker to soften up the team for Zard X, I added Psychium Z Lele. Lele also appreciates Zard X bopping Steel types for Lele. The team at the current moment sucked ass against Heatran since nothing on my team switched in. Rotom-W came in as a solid check to that, and it completed the VoltTurn core with Torn-T. Lastly, Scarf Kartana provides the desperate speed control, and another Defog user. That’s the team, people! https://pokepast.es/5c1db2683d099e57

(This probably WON'T make it into samples, but nonetheless, its pretty succesful.)\

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-863587383 Vs. Sand
View attachment 159833View attachment 159829View attachment 159830View attachment 159831View attachment 159832View attachment 159834

AV Magearna Offense

So this team right here focused on AV Magearna. AV Magearna at the team is one of the best special switch-ins(bar chansey lol)due to its fantastic ttyping, wonderful bulk, and great Special Attack. Said Special Attack gives it more than enough ability to not be passive. Mega Alakazam is the Heatran switch-in on the team, and generally works well as a partner for Magearna. I then added Choice Scarf Landorus-T, which provided speed control, completed the VoltTurn core with Magearna, and was hazard removal. Sub Icium Z Kyurem-B was added to take advantage of the VoltTurn core and a more safer way to rip apart balanced and defensive teams alike. I realized I needed some hazards, since I had none. I added Ash-Greninja + Chople Ferrothorn to throw on hazards and provide offensive presence. Chople Berry + Thunder Wave lets it cripple kartana, which would otherwise take advantage of it. Ash-greninja appreciates Kyurem-B destroying the likes of Bulu and Pex, while it also likes that Ferrothorn scares away Fini, and both appreciate Ash-greninja forcing out Heatran. Anyway, that's the team, kids!

https://pokepast.es/77b30925f822f8c0
https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/ultra-sm-ou-bazaar.3587317/, this thread is not your personal team dump.

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Ah, sorry about that. Should I get rid of the teams?
We'll keep it for now, but consider this topic more for "best of the best" teams more than a team dump. Bazaar is a place for teamdumps.

On that note if it gets out of hand I'll personally help filter what teams are submitted. I'll wait and chew on that for a while, but for now ease up and make sure that you're only submitting the best of the best of your teams - something that actually has passion and not something cooked in less than half an hour with minimal testing.

Fusion Flare

We'll keep it for now, but consider this topic more for "best of the best" teams more than a team dump. Bazaar is a place for teamdumps.

On that note if it gets out of hand I'll personally help filter what teams are submitted. I'll wait and chew on that for a while, but for now ease up and make sure that you're only submitting the best of the best of your teams - something that actually has passion and not something cooked in less than half an hour with minimal testing.
Ah, thanks on that!
Edit: So none of these teams were exactly sample team-worthy. I can get that. I'll make sure to improve on that.

Why is Thundurus on the HO team, out of curiosity? I thought it wasn't a good Pokemon?

On that note, I think some team explanations would really help this thread! For those who look to this for improvement and climbing the ladder, it can help them understand how the team works, and answer any confusion about the team. I think it would be a pretty neat addition!

Last edited:
Why is Thundurus on the HO team, out of curiosity? I thought it wasn't a good Pokemon?
Well, yeah it's not good as in Tapu Koko good or Tornadus-T good, but it has its niche. First of all its an offensive Kartana check, and that's always nice for hyper offense teams. Secondly it has a few perks over Tapu Koko, Nasty Plot and Fightinium Z actually let it be a massive threat to fat teams and Pyukumuku Stalls too, its a threat to Balance as its typing actually makes it so most Grass-types can't really touch it, so they're set up bait, ironically. And +2 Focus Blast actually 2HKOes Chansey, sure you'll eat probably eat a Toxic if that does happen but it's always nice to be able to break the blob, and if you don't want to miss you can also Thunderbolt into Z-move but saving the Z-move for Quag is nice. Being a Ground immunity is always nice too. Thundurus has many crippling flaws, but it's still an okay Pokémon on a certain types of teams :)

Last edited:
Well, yeah it's not good as in Tapu Koko good or Tornadus-T good, but it has its niche. First of all its an offensive Kartana check, and that's always nice for hyper offense teams. Secondly it has a few perks over Tapu Koko, Nasty Plot and Fightinium Z actually let it be a massive threat to fat teams and Pyukumuku Stalls too, its a threat to Balance as its typing actually makes it so most Grass-types can't really touch it, so they're set up bait, ironically. And +2 Focus Blast actually 2HKOes Chansey, sure you'll eat probably eat a Toxic if that does happen but it's always nice to be able to break the blob, and if you don't want to miss you can also Thunderbolt into Z-move but saving the Z-move for Quag is nice. Being a Ground immunity is always nice too. Thundurus has many crippling flaws, but it's still an okay Pokémon on a certain types of teams :)
Oh that's really interesting!! I actually didn't know that! Thanks for clearing that up!

massive threat to fat teams and Pyukumuku Stalls
NEVERMIND THIS IS THE BEST POKEMON

Kurai Hada Ichi

Banned deucer.
Hey everyone. I wanted to post a team i put my blood and sweat into to make back in the Zygard meta (i say back like it was years ago) but i couldnt for the life of me make it work which was really sad. With ZyGod gone now this team has made a comeback and, not to toot my own horn, but it's doing really really well. It's a basic Zard-Y team with double Defog and basically does anything it can to make it so the few checks to Zard-Y are gone.
The team has banded Tyranitar to weaken Heatran and Chansey with Pursuit (Offesnive Heatran has a good chance to be OHKO'ed by Focus Blast but Pursuit makes it a guarantee and you have sever chances on the switch). All in all its a team that has a nice chance to win versus virtually any matchup (with Toxic Spikes Greninja even Hippowdown Stall Crumbles) and can be very lethal when played right. Even though the team is built around Zard-Y the mon that makes it possible to even beat Toxapex is Z-Ground Greninja which has a very good chance to OHKO Toxapex, and is guaranteed after rocks even if its mixed defense
252 Atk Protean Greninja Tectonic Rage (160 BP) vs. 252 HP / 148 Def Toxapex: 266-314 (87.5 - 103.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock and Black Sludge recovery
(Its a roll if max Physdef but that's rare). This may seem kind of difficult to use but the nuances mentioned are only in un favourable matchups. In a neutral matchup this will win quite easily. Another great thing about Zard-Y is it can check Kartana pretty well without rocks and can force a kill in that situation giving you a large amount of momentum and the same for Tapu Bulu who is rampant in OU (watch out for Stone Edge though)
All in all i feel its a very solid team and can win in a variety of ways making it unpredictable despite its simple seeming exterior.

by not being bad

if u want an actual answer then rocks pressure and not giving it enough free switchins to where it becomes a threat since if it's sub it can't ever recover HP back, but that should be self evident based on the way the team is built & well, by not being bad :pikuh:
aight thx

do i think this holds up to a the standards of sample teams? well not really... but there's a baloor team there so i think it's worth a shot to share this team here hehehe, hope u like it leo

https://pokepast.es/aab1adefde60a78e
this is actually an rmt of mine, if u wanna read more about it (or drop a like) go here nwn
I got a few questions about this team, mostly the EV's on Bulu, Torn-T, and hera. And what's stomping tantrum on chomp for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)