Data Usage-Based Tier Update for July 2018 (Aug @ #84) (Sep @ #138)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is Moltres being used for in UU? Oh, and remember when people were just wondering if Mega Slowbro should be allowed in UU? It is not staying in RU lol

Accelgor's usage
February: 3.770%
March: 3.487%
April: 3.639%
May: 3.378%
June: 3.556%

That drop takes longer than expected

dhelmise

banend doosre
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Social Media Head
Double post, sorry.

Quagsire is NU, not PU.

Quagsire was never PU outside of PU's alpha stage, which doesn't affect tiering.

E: PS is now updated.

Last edited:
Gastrodon jumping up 5 tiers got me like

It's kind of funny, Gliscor leaving the tier at the same time Mamoswine, one of it's best checks, returns. I guess this time around it's probably not going to be leaving again.

Mega Venusaur is gonna be quickbanned for sure imo, It's basically everything Amoonguss wishes it was except that it doesn't have spore and regenerator and takes up the Mega slot. Amoongus already body-blocked a huge chunk of the tier and now put in something with even more bulk and we practically have an immovable object.

Let's not be elitist though; there is no "should" or "should not" in determining the tiers. If people want to use a certain Pokémon, then let them have their fun!
Sorry that I came off that way, I am just not a fan of the Grass Snek rising to OU. I loved what it was accomplishing in UU, but that surge in usage it got in OU makes me feel like OU robbed Serp from us.

pokemonisfun

Banned deucer.
Sorry that I came off that way, I am just not a fan of the Grass Snek rising to OU. I loved what it was accomplishing in UU, but that surge in usage it got in OU makes me feel like OU robbed Serp from us.

Oh no, I'm sorry for calling you elitist. It's just that I don't want anyone to think their opinion on tiering is more "right".

A lot of people agree with you that tiering by usage as it is has some problems (like losing Serperior) so they are discussing ways to fix it here https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/lower-tier-shifts.3638656/#post-7851255

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
Oh no, I'm sorry for calling you elitist. It's just that I don't want anyone to think their opinion on tiering is more "right".

A lot of people agree with you that tiering by usage as it is has some problems (like losing Serperior) so they are discussing ways to fix it here https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/lower-tier-shifts.3638656/#post-7851255
>I propose abolishing/restricting rises, I get shut down by a huge margin
>A big player proposes abolishing/restricting rises, they get tons of support and even dissenters are willing to discuss a good middle-ground option

On one hand, I should be absolutely fucking livid right now, like that one guy in a cartoon who makes a great idea only to get ignored, only for another character to make the same great idea seconds later and get tons of support.

On the other hand, I'm extremely happy that people are finally seeing the light. Praise based dodmen!

Last edited:

pokemonisfun

Banned deucer.
>I propose abolishing/restricting rises, I get shut down by a huge margin
>A big player proposes abolishing/restricting rises, they get tons of support and even dissenters are willing to discuss options on a good middle-ground option

On one hand, I should be absolutely fucking livid right now, like that one guy in a cartoon who makes a great idea only to get ignored, only for another character to make the same great idea seconds later and get tons of support.

On the other hand, I'm extremely happy that people are finally seeing the light. Praise based dodmen!
Can you show where you proposed the change?

What you say doesnt surprise me the least. We all need to acknowledge the elitism on this website and do our best to treat each other as we would offline, respectfully, seriously, and kindly.

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
Can you show where you proposed the change?

What you say doesnt surprise me the least. We all need to acknowledge the elitism on this website and do our best to treat each other as we would offline, respectfully, seriously, and kindly.
https://www.smogon.com/forums/threa...te-for-april-2018.3632386/page-8#post-7810537

This was my first post on the matter. The discussion that follows speaks for itself. Compare it to the reactions on dodmen's post. Hypocrisy much?

pokemonisfun

Banned deucer.
https://www.smogon.com/forums/threa...te-for-april-2018.3632386/page-8#post-7810537

This was my first post on the matter. The discussion that follows speaks for itself. Compare it to the reactions on dodmen's post. Hypocrisy much?

Yes, after reading both your first and dodmen's, I have to say there is a glaring amount of hypocrisy. I'm sorry for that. One difference, is that he posted in Policy Review, which is more suitable for this discussion. But I think that highlights another point of elitism - you, an unbadged user, made a perfectly valid argument that was shot down. If we're saying it's been shot down because you put it in the wrong forum, we're essentially saying it was shot down because you're an unbadged user but the PR poster was not. It's clear elitism.

This website has huge ego and elitism problems, perhaps it's the nature of it for being an online gaming community, filled with teenagers and 20 somethings. All I can say is I'm sorry you aren't treated fairly and I will always do my best to treat others fairly, respectfully, seriously, and kindly myself.

Zetalz

Expect nothing, deliver less
is a Pre-Contributor
I think presentation and character has a lot to do with it tbh. No offense at all man, but a lot of times these posts can come off as 'whiny', that sounds a bit harsh but it's the closest word I could think of. You've had several posts in the past that also walk that line like Lando-T and I think Golisopod stuff in RU as well. Call this a criticism if you will, but from reading your post about the tiering rises you get defensive pretty quickly which can lead to others seeing you as stubborn or impolite. I very much hope that's not your intent, but I've certainly felt that to some regard. I don't disagree about the elitism factor however, even if I don't personally feel it's as big of a factor as others do I can acknowledge the effect it's having. Again, I truly don't mean to take aim at you here man, I'm just offering my perspective.

i was gonna put something more positive here to combat the cynicism but it's late af and there ain't a positive bone left in my body

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)