Data Usage-Based Tier Update for July 2018 (Aug @ #84) (Sep @ #138)

Status
Not open for further replies.
OU critics have long recognized that the greatest OU pokemon of all times is Heatran, who is not the most used or highest ranked right now, let alone of all times.
Heatran is actually the highest ranked Pokemon in OU right now, sharing its S rank with Lando-T, and there are talks of dropping Lando to A+.

earl

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
is a Community Contributor
Heatran is actually the highest ranked Pokemon in OU right now, sharing its S rank with Lando-T, and there are talks of dropping Lando to A+.
Yes, but do not let that detract from the fact that Mesprit is not the greatest PU pokemon ever

| 51 | Arcanine | 3.839% |
NO
“Damn right he is,” said RU. “He don’t give nobody else a chance to win —” He stopped and sniffed the air, and still sniffing, looked down at the old dog. “God awmighty, that dog stinks. Get him outa here, UU! I don’t know nothing that stinks as bad as an old dog. You gotta get him out.”
UU rolled to the edge of his bunk. He reached over and patted the ancient dog, and he apologized, “I been around him so much I never notice how he stinks.”
“Well, I can’t stand him in here,” said RU. “That stink hangs around even after he’s gone.” He walked over with his heavy-legged stride and looked down at the dog. “Got no teeth,” he said. “He’s all stiff with rheumatism. He ain’t no good to you, UU. An’ he ain’t viable. Why’n’t you drop him, UU?”
The old man squirmed uncomfortably. “Well—hell! I had him so long. Had him since he was a pup. I breathed fire with him.” He said proudly, “You wouldn’t think it to look at him now, but he was the best damn fire dog I ever seen.”
NU said, “I seen a guy in Weed that had an Airedale could breath fire. Learned it from the other dogs.”
RU was not to be put off. “Look, UU . This ol’ dog jus’ suffers hisself all the time. If you was to take him out and drop him beneath 3.41%—” he leaned over and pointed at the usage stats, “—right there, why he’d never know what hit him.”
UU looked about unhappily. “No,” he said softly. “No, I couldn’t do that. I had ‘im too long.”
“He don’t have no fun,” RU insisted. “And he stinks to beat hell. Tell you what. I’ll drop him for you. Then it won’t be you that does it.”
UU threw his legs off his bunk. He scratched the white stubble whiskers on his cheek nervously. “I’m so used to him,” he said softly. “I had him from a pup.”
“Well, you ain’t bein’ kind to him keepin’ him alive,” said RU. “Look, OU's stats got a litter right now. I bet OU would give you one of them dragons to use, wouldn’t you, OU?”
The skinner had been studying the old dog with his calm eyes. “Yeah,” he said. “You can have Latios if you want to.” He seemed to shake himself free for speech. “RU's right, UU. That dog ain’t no good to himself. I wisht somebody’d drop me if I get old an’ unviable.”
UU looked helplessly at him, for OU's opinions were law. “Maybe it’d hurt him,” he suggested. “I don’t mind takin’ care of him.”
RU said, “The way I’d drop him, he wouldn’t feel nothing. I’d use Infernape right there.” He pointed with his toe. “Right down to the next tier. He wouldn’t even quiver.”

Hello everyone !
If I may add something, I noticed that :
- Lucario RUBL -> UU

So if I understand correctly, this month there is no changes but if it is the same next month, then it'll change, isn't it ?

“Damn right he is,” said RU. “He don’t give nobody else a chance to win —” He stopped and sniffed the air, and still sniffing, looked down at the old dog. “God awmighty, that dog stinks. Get him outa here, UU! I don’t know nothing that stinks as bad as an old dog. You gotta get him out.”
UU rolled to the edge of his bunk. He reached over and patted the ancient dog, and he apologized, “I been around him so much I never notice how he stinks.”
“Well, I can’t stand him in here,” said RU. “That stink hangs around even after he’s gone.” He walked over with his heavy-legged stride and looked down at the dog. “Got no teeth,” he said. “He’s all stiff with rheumatism. He ain’t no good to you, UU. An’ he ain’t viable. Why’n’t you drop him, UU?”
The old man squirmed uncomfortably. “Well—hell! I had him so long. Had him since he was a pup. I breathed fire with him.” He said proudly, “You wouldn’t think it to look at him now, but he was the best damn fire dog I ever seen.”
NU said, “I seen a guy in Weed that had an Airedale could breath fire. Learned it from the other dogs.”
RU was not to be put off. “Look, UU . This ol’ dog jus’ suffers hisself all the time. If you was to take him out and drop him beneath 3.41%—” he leaned over and pointed at the usage stats, “—right there, why he’d never know what hit him.”
UU looked about unhappily. “No,” he said softly. “No, I couldn’t do that. I had ‘im too long.”
“He don’t have no fun,” RU insisted. “And he stinks to beat hell. Tell you what. I’ll drop him for you. Then it won’t be you that does it.”
UU threw his legs off his bunk. He scratched the white stubble whiskers on his cheek nervously. “I’m so used to him,” he said softly. “I had him from a pup.”
“Well, you ain’t bein’ kind to him keepin’ him alive,” said RU. “Look, OU's stats got a litter right now. I bet OU would give you one of them dragons to use, wouldn’t you, OU?”
The skinner had been studying the old dog with his calm eyes. “Yeah,” he said. “You can have Latios if you want to.” He seemed to shake himself free for speech. “RU's right, UU. That dog ain’t no good to himself. I wisht somebody’d drop me if I get old an’ unviable.”
UU looked helplessly at him, for OU's opinions were law. “Maybe it’d hurt him,” he suggested. “I don’t mind takin’ care of him.”
RU said, “The way I’d drop him, he wouldn’t feel nothing. I’d use Infernape right there.” He pointed with his toe. “Right down to the next tier. He wouldn’t even quiver.”
This is honestly the funniest thing I’ve read on the forums.

Lati finna step into UU like

Get them pursuit trappers ready

I deadass don't see this thing even surviving UU for more than one shift before dropping. It's literally a faster version of Zebstrika, right down to the disappointing movepool
It's literally a better Mega Manectric. Do you see those coverage options??

Last edited:
as

It's literally a better Mega Manectric. Do you see those coverage options??
It trades being walled by Hippo for Intimidate. Calling it "better" is a strong term to use. Even if it's faster, it still has the same problems that MMane has; what little coverage it does have leaves it open to being checked by something common in the tier. No GK means it loses to Hippo forever, no Knock means it loses to Lati forever, and it's just weak as shit without a boosting move.

It could possibly survive as a MMane alternative, but MMane can at least cover its own weak bulk with Intimidate.

It trades being walled by Hippo for Intimidate. Calling it "better" is a strong term to use. Even if it's faster, it still has the same problems that MMane has; what little coverage it does have leaves it open to being checked by something common in the tier. No GK means it loses to Hippo forever, no Knock means it loses to Lati forever, and it's just weak as shit without a boosting move.

It could possibly survive as a MMane alternative, but MMane can at least cover its own weak bulk with Intimidate.
Zeraora has way more coverage than Manectric. It doesn't require a Mega Stone to be effective, it can go mixed unlike Manectric, and unlike Manectric, it can boost its stats

Here's an optimal Zeraora set for UU
Zeraora @ Life Orb / Expert Belt
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 Atk / 64 SpA / 192 Spe
Naive Nature
- Plasma Fists
- Close Combat
- Grass Knot
- Knock Off / Fire Punch / Iron Tail / Work Up

Last edited:
Zeraora has way more coverage than Manectric. It doesn't require a Mega Stone to be effective, it can go mixed unlike Manectric, and unlike Manectric, it can boost its stats

Here's an optimal Zeraora set for UU
Zeraora @ Life Orb / Expert Belt
EVs: 252 Atk / 64 SpA / 192 Spe
Naive Nature
- Plasma Fists
- Close Combat
- Knock Off / Hidden Power [Ice]
- Grass Knot / Hidden Power [Ice]
What does HP Ice even hit? Unless Gliscor drops again (totally possible) or you really hate Gligar, HP Ice has 0 value on that set. Regardless, my biggest issue with Zeraora is that it simply doesn't hit hard enough without a boosting move, and 4MSS is a mf. It looks like a huge threat in theory, but in the UU lobby tours that I've seen it used and used it in, it's been less than effective.

I deadass don't see this thing even surviving UU for more than one shift before dropping. It's literally a faster version of Zebstrika, right down to the disappointing movepool
Thank god, I'm actually surprised how little usage this thing gets despite being new. Maybe humanity has a chance.

Zetalz

Expect nothing, deliver less
is a Pre-Contributor
What does HP Ice even hit? Unless Gliscor drops again (totally possible) or you really hate Gligar, HP Ice has 0 value on that set. Regardless, my biggest issue with Zeraora is that it simply doesn't hit hard enough without a boosting move, and 4MSS is a mf. It looks like a huge threat in theory, but in the UU lobby tours that I've seen it used and used it in, it's been less than effective.
Agreed on HP Ice, anything that can hit will be hit harder by any of it's other coverage moves. Catching Alt before it megas is the only use I could see that getting and even then that's a long shot. I disagree about Zera not hitting hard enough with boosts tho, it cleanly 2hkos most of the common electric checks with a few exceptions like Mega-Alt, I wouldn't call Iron Tail an ideal coverage move on it. I don't see Zera as being a mon that has severe 4MSS but as being able to pick and choose it's checks, already giving it a valuable niche that Manectric doesn't have so much. Yeah it can choose between 2 hidden powers but that still leaves it dead against the opposite picks. Zera's coverage range in one set is pretty damn nice.

Ah, Of Mons and Metas, what a classic story.

Agreed on HP Ice, anything that can hit will be hit harder by any of it's other coverage moves. Catching Alt before it megas is the only use I could see that getting and even then that's a long shot. I disagree about Zera not hitting hard enough with boosts tho, it cleanly 2hkos most of the common electric checks with a few exceptions like Mega-Alt, I wouldn't call Iron Tail an ideal coverage move on it. I don't see Zera as being a mon that has severe 4MSS but as being able to pick and choose it's checks, already giving it a valuable niche that Manectric doesn't have so much. Yeah it can choose between 2 hidden powers but that still leaves it dead against the opposite picks. Zera's coverage range in one set is pretty damn nice.
The problem is that it can't boost and keep its coverage options. Plasma Fists, CC, and GK are mandatory. Knock Off, Work Up, and Iron Tail are probably all slashed in that last slot.

Knock off seems to be the best 4th move for zeraora, a possible set would be this:

Zeraora @ Expert Belt
EVs: 136 Atk / 220 SpA / 152 Spe
Hasty / Naive Nature (idk which defense is less useful)
- Plasma Fists
- Grass Knot
- Close Combat
- Knock Off

Speed outruns crobat, scarf volcanion, and anything slower; however, you do miss out on outspeeding m-manectric, which can do 70 with overheat, but the extra power is really needed. Expert belt is used to turn some 80-90% into OHKOs.

Calcs:

220 SpA Expert Belt Zeraora Grass Knot (80 BP) vs. 240 HP / 16 SpD Swampert: 374-442 (93.2 - 110.2%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

220 SpA Expert Belt Zeraora Grass Knot (120 BP) vs. 244 HP / 248 SpD Solid Rock Rhyperior: 439-518 (101.6 - 119.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

220 SpA Expert Belt Zeraora Grass Knot (120 BP) vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Mamoswine: 389-458 (107.7 - 126.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

220 SpA Expert Belt Zeraora Grass Knot (80 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Krookodile: 230-274 (69.4 - 82.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
-1 136 Atk Expert Belt Zeraora Close Combat vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Krookodile: 206-245 (62.2 - 74%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

220 SpA Expert Belt Zeraora Grass Knot (120 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Hippowdon: 230-271 (54.7 - 64.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Against nidoking and m-lix you lose.

136 Atk Expert Belt Zeraora Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Latias: 228-269 (75.4 - 89%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
136 Atk Expert Belt Zeraora Knock Off (65 BP) vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Latias: 154-182 (50.9 - 60.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

136 Atk Expert Belt Zeraora Close Combat vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Hydreigon: 283-334 (87 - 102.7%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

136 Atk Zeraora Close Combat vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Sceptile-Mega: 136-161 (48.2 - 57%) -- 91.8% chance to 2HKO (you lose bc it outspeeds)

Against kommo-o you obviously lose unless it's been badly chipped and you run hp ice

136 Atk Expert Belt Zeraora Plasma Fists vs. 252 HP / 76 Def Empoleon: 326-389 (87.6 - 104.5%) -- 25% chance to OHKO (62.5 after rocks)

136 Atk Expert Belt Zeraora Plasma Fists vs. 40 HP / 252+ Def Alomomola: 266-317 (55.3 - 65.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recover

136 Atk Expert Belt Zeraora Plasma Fists vs. 252 HP / 216+ Def Slowbro-Mega: 154-182 (39 - 46.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
220 SpA Expert Belt Zeraora Grass Knot (100 BP) vs. 252 HP / 40 SpD Slowbro-Mega: 247-293 (62.6 - 74.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

136 Atk Expert Belt Zeraora Plasma Fists vs. 252 HP / 216+ Def Slowbro: 223-266 (56.5 - 67.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
220 SpA Expert Belt Zeraora Grass Knot (80 BP) vs. 252 HP / 10 SpD Slowbro: 206-245 (52.2 - 62.1%) -- 98% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

136 Atk Expert Belt Zeraora Plasma Fists vs. 252 HP / 160+ Def Suicune: 226-269 (55.9 - 66.5%) -- 99.6% chance to 2HKO after Poison Heal (represents two turns of leftovers recovery)

136 Atk Expert Belt Zeraora Plasma Fists vs. 252 HP / 160+ Def Togekiss: 262-310 (70 - 82.8%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

136 Atk Expert Belt Zeraora Plasma Fists vs. 248 HP / 176+ Def Jellicent: 317-374 (78.6 - 92.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery (37.5% to OHKO with rocks)

idk where else to put these calcs lol

136 Atk Zeraora Plasma Fists vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Scizor: 135-159 (48 - 56.5%) -- 85.9% chance to 2HKO

136 Atk Zeraora Plasma Fists vs. 248 HP / 124+ Def Scizor: 109-129 (31.7 - 37.6%) -- 0.1% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

Edit: just realized that tbolt > plasma fists in most of these calcs lol

Last edited:
| 58 | Jellicent | 2.977% |

Please let this drop NU. It'd actually be quite cool in PU despite the exploitable weaknesses. Having Gastro back too would be nice. Provided Quag also keeps its below the cutoff usage, we'll have 3 new bulky waters in that tier. Which is pretty sweet. (And NU gets Seismitoad back if stats stay relatively the same. I miss using that thing in NU so much)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)