Other Metagames Unstoppable Force (Mix and Mega peak #1, 2, and 3)

Unstoppable Force

Hey, and welcome to Unstoppable Force, a team I made with Jordn that has been dominating the early Mix and Mega ladder, going undefeated in over 90 games by both users. It uses a bunch of Pokemon that haven't traditionally been that good in Mix and Mega, as well as none of the recently unbanned Pokemon, but has still been amazingly successful. It takes advantage of the currently lacking mega stones by decreasing the threats it need to cover down to what still remains, which allows it to take them on very well. Without further adieu, however, here is the team!

We started out with Arceus Ghost, and decided to build around it. Neverending Nightmare is quite good this generation, and the fact that it is a reliable Regigigas/Ekiller/Pheromosa check was great as well.

We then needed a check to Dark Types, particularly Hoopa-U and Darkrai. Scarf Xerneas fit the bill perfectly, especially since it is rather unexpected and has an amazing speed tier. It’s power and bulk also let it act as a decent Dragonite answer, something every team needs.

Next, we needed a reliable –ate answer, particularly Genesect, a physical wall, and a pivot to bring them in safely. We got all those and more in Zapdos - with Venusaurite, it walls both Entei and Arcanine, while also Defogging and taking on most physical attackers.

Next, we added a rocker, Primal Groudon. It’s a great Raikou/Manaphy check, a nice physical attacker, and great at spreading burns. It also can defeat setup sweepers with roar, which this team greatly needs.

We needed an Ice resist, a fire switchin, and a general bulky Pokemon to use to back up the Zapdos/PDon core. Escavalier fit that, while being extremely strong and loving the lack of weaknesses

/

Here our paths diverged. I focused on more offensive presence, while he added a reliable PDon wall. Both worked pretty well, though

Since I didn’t add Giratina-O earlier, I needed a Primal Groudon answer. For that, I had to swap out Escavalier for Golisopod, a great water type priority user. Jrdn didn’t require any more changes

The Team

Arceus-Ghost @ Ghostium Z
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Shadow Force
- Extreme Speed
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
With an excellent typing that lets it take on common Fighting, Normal, Bug, and Psychic-Type attackers, Arceus-Ghost can set up on a lot of Pokemon. Neverending Nightmare lets it nuke any walls that try to get cheeky, like Sablenite mons and bulky Arceus – with Shadow Force, it hits an incredible 190 BP. Earthquake is honestly just for PDon- if that’s not an issue, brick break is better, but it comes in handy pretty often. Espeed is great for revenging most of the frail things that think they can pick off a weakened Ghostceus, like Weavile and Pheremosa

Xerneas @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Moonblast
- Grass Knot / Hidden Power Ground
- Thunder / Sleep Talk
- Endeavor / Close Combat

Moonblast is the stab of choice and most spammable attack, doing solid damage even to resists. The other moves are there for the times it doesn’t work. The next two options hit Primal Groudon; the former also hits POgre and has a higher neutral damage, while the latter picks of Heatran and other fire types. Thunder and Sleep Talk are also just for a few more targets; the former nails Ho-Oh after rocks, the latter deals with Banettite Breloom. Finally, we have Endeavor and Close Combat. Both deal with Blissey; the latter does it better, but the former doesn’t require Xerneas to be chipped and can hit steels.

Weavile @ Glalitite
Ability: Pressure
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Feint
- Frustration
- Low Kick

As pretty much the best revenge Killer this gen, Weavile comes in on anything you don’t want staying in, from Regigigas to Kyurem-Black. Fake Out deals solid damage, particularly removing –atespeeders no matter how boosted, while feint breaks through Protect and finishes the job versus priority users. Frustration hits switchins hard, as well as doing neutral damage, while Low Kick does more to the likes of Kyurem-Black, Regigigas, and opposing Weavile.

Zapdos @ Venusaurite
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Def
Bold Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Volt Switch
A pretty standard set, this is a big momentum thief. It can take on the ice types that otherwise love to pick on Flying-types, and hazard removal is always key. It walls a bunch of major threats like Golisolipod, Kartana, Dragonite, and Genesect, and whenever they want to leave it just pivots into the answer to that Pokemon. It struggles a bit with Primal Groudon, but that’s manageable with team support.

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Def
Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Precipice Blades
- Lava Plume
- Roar
Want rocks up? Alright! Need Volt Switch spam stopped? Look no further. Want to spread burns? Welcome the fire type Scald. It even walls problem Pokemon such as Keldeo and Red Orb Raikou. While it does tend to get worn down, it’s really good at supporting pretty much any team.

Golisopod @ Blue Orb
Ability: Emergency Exit
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Liquidation
- First Impression
- Leech Life
While the set may seem eclectic, each move serves a specific purpose. Aqua Jet revenges anything faster, of which there are a lot; First Impression does the same to those like Hoopa and Darkrai that are weak to bug. Liquidation is your strongest stab, and you’re your go to spam option, while Leech Life helps with all the chip this mon takes, in addition to hitting Cresselia extremely hard.

Anyway, hope you enjoyed reading. Mix and Mega is looking good this gen despite all the struggles, and there’s a lot to experience.

http://imgur.com/a/8RUQp
You can see Isotonex (Fardin) at 3 as well as Jrdn and myself at 2 and 1; Isotonex is currently using a lightly modified version of my team.

Jolly Nature
- Shadow Force
- Extreme Speed
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake

Xerneas @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Thunder
- Grass Knot
- Endeavor

Weavile @ Glalitite
Happiness: 0
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Feint
- Frustration
- Low Kick

Zapdos @ Venusaurite
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spd
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Defog
- Roost
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Volt Switch

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Def
Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Precipice Blades
- Lava Plume
- Roar

Golisopod @ Blue Orb
Ability: Emergency Exit
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Liquidation
- First Impression
- Leech Life

EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Horse
- Extreme Speed
- Earthquake

Xerneas @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Moonblast
- Thunder
- Focus Blast
- Endeavor

Zapdos @ Venusaurite
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Volt Switch
- Roost
- Defog
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Precipice Blades
- Lava Plume
- Thunder
- Stealth Rock

Escavalier @ Blue Orb
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 248 HP / 104 Atk / 156 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Megahorn
- Iron Head
- Toxic

Giratina-Origin @ Griseous Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hex
- Draco Meteor
- Thunder Wave

Last edited:
Well I don't know shit about Mix'n Mega, but still... that doesn't look like an ORAS team.

So concretely how do you deal with sablenite Blissey with this team? looking at that second replay there doesn't seem to be a single pokemon on your team that can break it.

Style points for using Golisogod tho.

Just a small weird thing on this team, but why naive on xerneas? endeavor isnt theoretically a move...so this doesn't make sense Quantum Tesseract
It's a holdover from when I have close combat. It would probably be better to swap it alongside the move, but work.

E:
Well I don't know shit about Mix'n Mega, but still... that doesn't look like an ORAS team.

So concretely how do you deal with sablenite Blissey with this team? looking at that second replay there doesn't seem to be a single pokemon on your team that can break it.

Style points for using Golisogod tho.
No, it's not, but it's from before there was an sm forum, and asking mods to move=work.

Golisogod can break it, and Arceus Ghost definitally does, turning them into setup bait unless they are real enough to be able to not care about MGar and run Toxic on Blissey.

Sorry about taking so long, I somehow forgot about your comment.

Unstoppable Force

Hey, and welcome to Unstoppable Force, a team I made with Jordn that has been dominating the early Mix and Mega ladder, going undefeated in over 90 games by both users. It uses a bunch of Pokemon that haven't traditionally been that good in Mix and Mega, as well as none of the recently unbanned Pokemon, but has still been amazingly successful. It takes advantage of the currently lacking mega stones by decreasing the threats it need to cover down to what still remains, which allows it to take them on very well. Without further adieu, however, here is the team!

Weavile @ Glalitite
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Feint
- Frustration
- Low Kick

I always wondered what the point of using Frustration is. Isn't return always the better move in general? Or is that just in the actual games where it is better?

I always wondered what the point of using Frustration is. Isn't return always the better move in general? Or is that just in the actual games where it is better?
Return is better than frustration ingame because you gain happiness quickly. Out of game, it matters for style and for Ditto; they are otherwise identical. I tend to put return on half my teams and frustration on the others so ditto wont have a best option against me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)