UnderUsed Teambuilding Lab (Check Post #479)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zapdos @ Expert Belt
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Agility
- Baton Pass
- Thunderbolt
- Heat Wave

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Icicle Crash

I've been trying to make an agipass team for a while now and it hasn't been working out that well, i swear its a good idea though ;-;. The main purpose of this is to get an agility in with zapdos then either sweep with it, mamo or some other slow wallbreaker. You can complete take out zapdos for a different agipasser but i like it for dealing with some bulky waters, preferably an offensive team.

Reactions: nv

Meloetta @ Life Orb
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Relic Song
- Return
- Close Combat
- Knock Off

Requesting a offense/balance team with Meloetta-P if it has some niche in the metagame. The set can be changed by the builder if it's better for the team. :]

Last edited:

Jrdn

Not a promise, I'm just gonna call it.
Toxicroak @ Life Orb
Ability: Dry Skin
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Vacuum Wave
- Focus Blast
- Sludge Wave

Requesting a balance team around special Toxicroak. The main reason being that is seems like a lot of fun, so a good team around it would be exciting. But the surprise factor is something that can't go overlooked. Priority fighting move, rather than priority dark, with its physical attacking counterpart, can cause a lot of teams a lot more trouble. Faster dark types become way less threatening to the team as a whole, which for certain opposing teams, could mean the loss of a main sweeper or a revenge killer. So yeah, seems like a neat mon.

Swampert @ Swampertite
Ability: Damp
Adamant Nature
- Rain Dance
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch

Requesting a BO team built around late-game cleaner Mega Swampert. I haven't seen much of it lately, and I think it really threatens most meta Pokemon right now, like Mence, Hydrei, MAero, MBee and the like. All the teams I built were either vulnerable to those guys, or weak to stall (esp burns). If you can build me a team with a soild offensive presence but still capable of taking and dishing some hits, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks :)

Requesting a team to be built around machamp. Machamp is a great fighting type which has 2 great abilities in no guard and guts. No guard allows him to run dynamic punch consistently while guts allows him to take burns and other status and retaliate. He also has access to knock off and great coverage like ice punch, eq, heavy slam, etc... . Machamp also has a unbelievably high base 130 attack stat. Pair that with a choice band and he will hit like a truck. Overall, machamp is a great fighting type in the uu metagame that imo needs some love.

4 Armed Hulk:

The set is up to the builder, as i feel like 1 set may be restricting.
The play style is also up to the builder, whether it be offense, bulky offense, balance,etc..

Can I request a team around the eeveelutions.

15 - 1.png
Umbreon

images.png
Espeon
images.jpg
And Vaporeon

I give you free control of movesets, IV's and EV's just want to see a cool team around these mons. Thank you in advance

nv

The Lost Age
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus

Lucario @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant / Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Close Combat
- Ice Punch / Bullet Punch / Iron Tail

Requesting an offensive team made around Swords Dance Lucario. Lucario has been falling in usage a bit because it's competitor, Cobalion, is a lot more splashable and bulky, making it a better choice for it's utility and better speed. Lucario still has the advantage of more offensive power over Coba, and Extreme Speed is always a plus. Personally I'm requesting this just to see how Lucario fares against this meta, because it's always seemed like a cool mon to me. Thanks in advance, builders! n_n
Hey BrandonBeast while I love this request there is a team in the archive that features this here (second team). I am going to deny this request, but you can request something else if you like.

Also the queue has been updated and I am working on a few of them n_n

Cheryl.

Celesteela is Life
Ok I'm gonna request something else.

tyrantrum.gif

Tyrantrum @ Choice Band
Ability: Rock Head
Adamant Nature
- Head Smash
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Superpower

Sharpedo-Mega @ Sharpedonite
Ability: Speed Boost
Adamant / Naughty Nature Nature
- Protect
- Waterfall / Hydro Pump
- Crunch
- Ice Fang / Ice Beam

So I've been trying to get this core to work but I'm meh at building teams so here's a request for you guys! Choice Band Tyrantrum is a scary wallbreaker that I think is underrated in this meta, and it can wear down a lot of Mega Sharpedo's checks and counters, like Mega Aggron and Cobalion, with the right coverage move or just spamming Head Smash, allowing for a easy Mega Pedo clean late-game. Sadly, this core is weak to a lot of things, so it might be a challenge to build around. I would prefer this core to be built in an offensive type of team, but any type works for me! GL Builders, and thanks in advance! n_n

Euphonos Spider Pig HO

Overview:
I climbed up with this team from 1200's and as you can see from my results, the team held up pretty well. Two games I choked, and the other one is down in the replays. If you think I could have won then let me know what I did wrong. Anyway, the team played really well. Every single game I played, I led off with Aerodactyl. There was no need to lead off with anything else. As with most HO builds, this team does not have a lot to switch into some powerful threats. This is not a problem, well, most of the time its not. I have to hope that I'm not in a situation where I have to sack something that I need to win the game. Speaking of winning the game, this HO have 2 great win conditions; Sharpedo and Salamence. Both do an incredible job at cleaning up late game or helping each other clean up. Bulky Whimmy made a great pivot and fall back. The addition of galvantula was a surprisingly good addition. The power of life orb and the ability to set up webs worked great. This team worked great, although, Escavalier and Alakazam were both giant obstacles for it.

Possible Changes:
I'm going to order these from most importance to least. The first thing I would like to change about this team to make it better is
Volt Switch < Energy Ball
Killing ground types in a better manner would be nice. I hate having to chance a roll with Mamoswines freeze dry to take out swampert. Having the coverage on galv makes it a way better pokemon to go into after something dies or if whimi U-turns. I used volt-switch once in 24 games and it was because I took a chance on my opponent choking and he did. Most of the time, thunder is going to be the play over volt and energy ball just has so many perks with this team. I would rather put the grass move on whimi if whimi didn't have 4mss for this team.
Freeze Dry < Knock Off/ Superpower
Euphonos actually touched up on this a little in his initial post. Freezedry just kinda sucks for Mamo. Almost 100% of the time, eq is the best play. P2 was a little bit annoying for this team so knock off does help with that. Superpower is an option since defensive Umbreon is so annoying against this team as well as p2. Snorlax is a problem that I would like to deal with without killing off my sharpedo.
Destiny Bond < Something else???
I played 24 games and did not have to use destiny bond once. Maybe this is due to the fact that I did not bump into any curse snorlax? I never used it but I think I rather have it. I worked around not having to use ice fang rather easily, so I don't feel it is neccessary. Destiny bond seems like a nice back up in case something sets up and whimmi cant encore it, but it can be replaced... I just have no idea what should take its place.

Replays:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-353972477 (1224)
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-354011340 (1300)
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-354012711 (1450)
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-354014910 (1489)
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-354018083 (1504)
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-354022568 (1490)
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-354024798 (1521)

Amaroq

Cover me.
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
PBUH and BrandonBeast the world's most aggressive wildlife is at your command. Only destruction awaits your foes! I ended up consolidating the Mega Sharpedo + Toxic Spikes Roserade and the Mega Sharpedo + Choice Band Tyrantrum requests to make another offense team that I ended up liking more than I thought I would when I first started. It uses some underrated threats in Choice Band Tyrantrum and Nasty Plot Azelf and Toxic Spike support from Roserade to break down Sharpedo counters and support Sharpedo's ability to clean. This team worked well during testing (I only lost with it when I choked or was unlucky, but such is Pokemon) and I hope it's well-received.

Azelf @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk
- Nasty Plot
- Psyshock
- Fire Blast
- Dazzling Gleam

Cobalion @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Close Combat
- Iron Head
- Volt Switch

Roserade @ Black Sludge
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Toxic Spikes
- Sleep Powder
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb

Tyrantrum @ Choice Band
Ability: Rock Head
Adamant Nature
- Head Smash
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Superpower

Gyarados @ Lum Berry
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Bounce
- Earthquake

Sharpedo @ Sharpedonite
Ability: Speed Boost
Jolly Nature
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Ice Fang
- Protect

When I saw two requests that made use of Mega Sharpedo, I decided to fulfill both of them. I was working on the Mega Sharpedo + Roserade at the time, and the Choice Band Tyrantrum request gave me some inspiration to work with. The three requested Pokemon pretty much locked me into building a super aggressive team (Tyrantrum's and Sharpedo's contributions to defensive synergy are minimal at best), so I took a look at dodmen's old Mega Sharpedo team and noticed that I could adapt the formula he used to this team with a reasonable chance of success. Since [Mega Sharpedo + second offensive Water-type + Toxic Spikes + breaker] was already a proven combination, I decided to put my own spin on it. The requested Pokemon gave me everything but a second offensive Water-type, I decided to go with Gyarados to fill out the above formula. After that, I added Nasty Plot Azelf to threaten stall teams and Cobalion to set Stealth Rock and serve as a general-purpose utility pivot. I chose Nasty Plot Azelf over Calm Mind Alakazam for this team because I valued the increase in power that Nasty Plot provides, but Calm Mind Alakazam is an acceptable substitute. I am aware that Alakazam's popularity means Pursuit is more popular, but this team is often okay with sacrificing Azelf to Pursuit in order to get a setup opportunity for something else.

This team plays pretty aggressively and doesn't leave a whole lot of room to make mistakes the way fat balance does, so proper execution is key. The overall strategy is pretty simple (blow through stuff with boosted attacks and let Sharpedo clean up if there's anything left), but, to use this team effectively, it is important to identify the team's most likely win condition based on matchup and play accordingly. This team is not afraid to sacrifice members in order to clear the way for something else to sweep. I feel like this team has ways to win in any matchup, but there are a few things it struggles with. Defensive Zapdos can be annoying if Tyrantrum can't get in safely and this team's offensive Water-types can have difficulty breaking it. Sableye is also annoying because of its ability to spam Will-O-Wisp since the team lacks a dedicated burn absorber. Gyarados has Lum Berry to get around that (if Gyarados can Dragon Dance as Sableye comes in, Lum Berry lets it absorb the burn and beat Sableye). The team is also a little slow initially for an offense team, but it has two members that can boost their Speed and eventually outrun the opposing team.

Possible Changes:
  • Gyarados can run Substitute + Dragon Dance with Leftovers to beat bulkier teams more effectively or Stone Edge over Bounce or Earthquake in order to deal with Zapdos, although this changes how the team deals with certain threats. Gyarados currently runs Lum Berry to deal with Entei and Sableye more effectively, but, if modifications to the team render these Pokemon less of a threat, either of the above changes is acceptable.
  • Calm Mind Alakazam is an option over Nasty Plot Azelf and provides better Speed, but Azelf gets more power after one turn of setup and roasts bulky Steel-types more effectively.
  • Cobalion can run Swords Dance and Lum Berry to beat Sableye more easily. It also has the option of sticking Stone Edge on the set somewhere to handle Zapdos. If Stone Edge is chosen over Stealth Rock, Azelf is an acceptable user, although this requires Azelf to give up either coverage or its boosting move. Stone Edge can also be run over Iron Head, which means the user must play carefully around the threats that Iron Head would normally allow Cobalion to check.
  • Roserade can run additional bulk for greater staying power or a Life Orb for more offensive presence. It can also run Spikes over Toxic Spikes if the user values consistent hazard damage on the switch instead.
  • If Roserade feels too slow and passive for a team like this, it can be replaced with a suicide lead such as Custap Berry Forretress. Be aware that this takes away an option for dealing with bulky Water-types and that the rest of the sets should be adjusted accordingly.
A few final notes: Tyrantrum smashes holes in just about anything, but is a massive pain to bring in safely without VoltTurn support. Nasty Plot Azelf is pretty cool. Sharpedo dies to a light breeze, so be careful about letting it take chip damage. When using this team, don't be afraid to sacrifice a Pokemon just to weaken an opposing threat. The only thing that needs to survive is your win condition, so every move should be calculated to help the win condition you identified early in the game do its job. This team was pretty fun to build and play with and I'm glad I got the chance use some stuff I've had trouble making work in the past. As always, feedback is welcome.

nv

The Lost Age
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Hi there RougeThunder, your request has been fulfilled a few times before such as Hogg's TR team, Kreme's offensive hazard team(the first one), or Manipulative's offensive team. Please check if your request has already been fulfilled before requesting something new.
While I appreciate the help in guiding a poster to previously made teams, I feel like the tone of this post seems a bit like minimodding, so please don't minimod.
Hey guys! I'm fairly new especially to UU and I'm not the best at team building. I'd like an offensive or balanced team based around Mega Houndoom. Thanks!
I've trying to build a team with mega slowbro, but with no luch:( can someone help please?
Sooooo Im having problems building around crawdaunt. If any of you all could help that'd be great! THANKS!
Please take a look through our archive here before requesting something as there have been plenty of teams made of the requests you have made via Where'dTheseDucksComeFrom's post. It also seems like you may not know what is currently allowed in the Underused tier so taking a look at our Viability Rankings here may help you choose a Pokemon you would want a team built around. Also quoting the rules stated in the OP...

- Have a one paragraph description (3-4 lines should suffice) with the set / core you want us to build around and a slight idea of what kind of team you want the end result to be. Also, actually have the set(s) you want us to use in your post. This makes the process of building teams faster for all of us here.

Hey, I'd like a semi-stall team built around defensive gyarados and blissey. They have a pretty rad synergy together - blissey just chewing on any special attackers that gyarados has trouble with, while gyarados takes on the physical mons - especially fighting types - that blissey has trouble with. Plus for a bonus both of them can learn twave which is guaranteed to make the person you're playing upset. I'd prefer it to not move in a full stall direction but I understand that that is where this core naturally leads.

Sets (but blissey could also be wish/tect or wish/softboiled over softboiled/sr pretty easily):
Gyarados @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Atk / 184 Def / 60 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Taunt
- Thunder Wave
- Roar

Blissey @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Stealth Rock
- Soft-Boiled
- Seismic Toss

While I appreciate the help in guiding a poster to previously made teams, I feel like the tone of this post seems a bit like minimodding, so please don't minimod.

Please take a look through our archive here before requesting something as there have been plenty of teams made of the requests you have made via Where'dTheseDucksComeFrom's post. It also seems like you may not know what is currently allowed in the Underused tier so taking a look at our Viability Rankings here may help you choose a Pokemon you would want a team built around. Also quoting the rules stated in the OP...
weell im new so obvi i dont know how to post teams and such :/

I've hit a brick wall in teambuilding :(. Can I request a balance or BO team around Mega Beedrill and specs Slowking. The aim is to hit hard, switch and carry on. Certain defensive supports could be useful for balance, and coverage for offense. Thanks!

Beedrill-Mega (M) @ Beedrillite
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Protect
- U-turn
- Poison Jab
- Knock Off

Slowking (M) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Regenerator
Modest Nature
- Surf
- Psyshock
- Fire Blast
- Trick

I've hit a brick wall in teambuilding :(. Can I request a balance or BO team around Mega Beedrill and specs Slowking. The aim is to hit hard, switch and carry on. Certain defensive supports could be useful for balance, and coverage for offense. Thanks!

Jolly Nature
- Protect
- U-turn
- Poison Jab
- Knock Off

Modest Nature
- Surf
- Psyshock
- Fire Blast
- Trick
I'd like to point out that your Beedrill's EVs are weird. Maybe it was a mistake, but it if not, it should be max speed max attack jolly.

Hey all, I'm trying to get into playing UU. I'd like to request a balanced team built around crocune and florges. BO would be great too, but I usua;ly saw these too mons on balance teams so I figured that was their best function. Cune is pretty versatile, however, so maybe it could work on BO. idk, you guys are the experts.
While you probably already know standard crocune, here it is anyway:
Suicune @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Calm Mind
- Scald
I like CM florges too, but i'm not sure if it's really compatible with crocune. I'll provide my favorite set, but feel free to change it to whatever you think is optimal for the team.
Florges @ Leftovers
Ability: Flower Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Aromatherapy
- Synthesis
- Moonblast
Thanks guys!

I've hit a brick wall in teambuilding :(. Can I request a balance or BO team around Mega Beedrill and specs Slowking. The aim is to hit hard, switch and carry on. Thanks!

Jolly Nature
- Protect
- U-turn
- Poison Jab
- Knock Off

Modest Nature
- Surf
- Psyshock
- Fire Blast
- Trick
I'd like to point out that your Beedrill's EVs are weird. Maybe it was a mistake, but it if not, it should be max speed max attack jolly.
Yes that. My mobile bugged ;).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)