National Dex Unbeatable: The Only Way I Can Get Reqs

https://pokepast.es/ab22e3d6d46de8e8 <-- team

I made this team after Tera didn't get banned because, to be honest, if we're gonna keep Tera in the tier, I might as well spam Hyper Offence until the tier ends. Outside of the lead and small moveset changes, this team has stayed basically the same though my making of it, my reqs for gambit and pult, and my summer seasonal games. Figured I might as well make an rmt since it's done pretty well.

dancie.png

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Ability: Magic Bounce
Tera Type: Rock
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Stealth Rock
- Moonblast
- Endeavor
- Substitute

Choosing the lead for this team was probably the hardest decision in this team. Mewoscarada and Iron Treads also worked really well, but Diancie shines in the stall/fat matchup, which is where this team can really struggle, since I focus a lot on the offence/offence matchup in the rest of the team. The sub/endeavor set lets you pull off what's practically a 1 for 1, or possibly even better, since Kart and Moth love to grab free boosts on nearly dead mons. It does take some getting used to to figure out when to mega immediately or not in order to get magic bounce or a good endeavor percent. Diancie also emergency checks demon sweepers like cresselia very well, which not much else here can do. The main things that counter-lead this are Scizor, Excadrill, and Rillaboom, who can spin or priority to beat it, and Drill can even ignore magic bounce. However, all 3 lose to iron moth, and each one also loses to other assorted threats on the team.

bax.png

Baxcalibur @ Loaded Dice
Ability: Thermal Exchange
Shiny: Yes
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Icicle Spear
- Glaive Rush
- Earthquake

Baxcalibur is an absolutely ludicrous sweeper, being able to destroy so many teams after a single DD, or 2 with tera. Tera steel is the best here, as it resists all relevant priority, destroys toxapex trying to land a toxic, and you opponent will hesitate to being in a ground mon or click a fire move. Poison is about as good, getting the fighting resist as well as keeping the fairy resist and toxic immunity, but I personally prefer this. I can't really think of an item that would make losing loaded icicle spear worth it, since being able to click free ice stab is really nice. Bax very rarely leads on a hard read of a Lando lead to either icicle spear on a taunt or dd on a stealth rocks, but thats not very reliable.

val.png

Iron Valiant @ Booster Energy
Ability: Quark Drive
EVs: 20 Def / 236 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Aura Sphere
- Thunderbolt
- Calm Mind

The first booster speed mon, iron valiant is mainly here as a catch-all revenge killer. Aura sphere is here over focus blast because if I miss with valiant I often lose on the spot. Tera steel is for much of the same reasons as Baxcalibur. The last 2 moves go to thunderbolt and calm mind: thunderbolt for the pex hit and utility vs rain, and calm mind because valiant can occasionally pull a win out of nowhere with it. 20 defence evs let you live +1 dragapult Phantom Force after it burns the z killing diancie (those evs should be outdated very soon).

moth.png

Iron Moth @ Booster Energy
Tera Type: Ground
EVs: 124 Def / 132 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fiery Dance
- Sludge Wave
- Tera Blast
- Dazzling Gleam

This is another booster speed mon, but it's mostly here for its use as a sweeper instead of a revenge killer. It doesnt even need tera steel because it naturally eats up most priority, which means that tera ground tera blast is on the table for pex, clod, and heatran to get destroyed. Fiery dance is the one bit of luck this team has to rely on, but when you can get a boost, you can often end the game very soon. The 124 extra evs from the booster evs will go to defence, because the only attacks you'll be taking are sneasler acrobatics and physical priority. Dazzling gleam hits the dragons hard, which is especially relevant for killing dragapult at +1 or from high health.

dnite.png

Dragonite @ Lum Berry
Ability: Multiscale
Tera Type: Normal
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Earthquake
- Ice Spinner

Dragonite is great defensively, being able to check everything that's not a ghost type with strong, often STAB Extreme speed. Dragon dance gives it more damage and speed to use with its coverage of earthquake and ice spinner, which hits just about everything. Since I feel like this team does well enough in terms of hazard prevention, it's got a lum berry, which is useful in about half of the games, letting me click moves freely into zapdos, set up on pex and clod, and shut down any possibility of sneasler nonsense. Dnite's also crucial in the rain matchup, taking 2 hits from mega swampert and revenging swift swimmers.

kart.png

Kartana @ Normalium Z
Ability: Beast Boost
Tera Type: Grass
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword
- Giga Impact

Finishing off teh squad is kartana, who is just ridiculously powerful, especially with a 200 bp z move to throw out at any time. Sacred sword lets it eat though checks like corv/skarm and ferro, even in the face of iron defence antics. Everything that doesnt fall to leaf blade and sacred sword is in danger of the z move, except for some UU and below mons.

Threats:
:dondozo: :chansey: and friends: I need to keep diencie able to endeavor dozo so i can prevent it from setting up, force tera dozo with kart, then take advantage of the tera with baxcalibur to win. Mega diancie generally gets up rocks, but its not always enough.
:scizor-mega: Annoying to everything but iron moth, generally forces tera if moth doesn't get it
:excadrill: ladder why

If anyone has ideas for how to make this better, please tell me

https://pokepast.es/ab22e3d6d46de8e8 <-- team

I made this team after Tera didn't get banned because, to be honest, if we're gonna keep Tera in the tier, I might as well spam Hyper Offence until the tier ends. Outside of the lead and small moveset changes, this team has stayed basically the same though my making of it, my reqs for gambit and pult, and my summer seasonal games. Figured I might as well make an rmt since it's done pretty well.

View attachment 548628
Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Ability: Magic Bounce
Tera Type: Rock
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Moonblast
- Endeavor
- Substitute

Choosing the lead for this team was probably the hardest decision in this team. Mewoscarada and Iron Treads also worked really well, but Diancie shines in the stall/fat matchup, which is where this team can really struggle, since I focus a lot on the offence/offence matchup in the rest of the team. The sub/endeavor set lets you pull off what's practically a 1 for 1, or possibly even better, since Kart and Moth love to grab free boosts on nearly dead mons. It does take some getting used to to figure out when to mega immediately or not in order to get magic bounce or a good endeavor percent. Diancie also emergency checks demon sweepers like cresselia very well, which not much else here can do. The main things that counter-lead this are Scizor, Excadrill, and Rillaboom, who can spin or priority to beat it, and Drill can even ignore magic bounce. However, all 3 lose to iron moth, and each one also loses to other assorted threats on the team.

View attachment 548629
Baxcalibur @ Loaded Dice
Ability: Thermal Exchange
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Icicle Spear
- Glaive Rush
- Earthquake

Baxcalibur is an absolutely ludicrous sweeper, being able to destroy so many teams after a single DD, or 2 with tera. Tera steel is the best here, as it resists all relevant priority, destroys toxapex trying to land a toxic, and you opponent will hesitate to being in a ground mon or click a fire move. Poison is about as good, getting the fighting resist as well as keeping the fairy resist and toxic immunity, but I personally prefer this. I can't really think of an item that would make losing loaded icicle spear worth it, since being able to click free ice stab is really nice. Bax very rarely leads on a hard read of a Lando lead to either icicle spear on a taunt or dd on a stealth rocks, but thats not very reliable.

View attachment 548630
Iron Valiant @ Booster Energy
EVs: 20 Def / 236 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Aura Sphere
- Thunderbolt
- Calm Mind

The first booster speed mon, iron valiant is mainly here as a catch-all revenge killer. Aura sphere is here over focus blast because if I miss with valiant I often lose on the spot. Tera steel is for much of the same reasons as Baxcalibur. The last 2 moves go to thunderbolt and calm mind: thunderbolt for the pex hit and utility vs rain, and calm mind because valiant can occasionally pull a win out of nowhere with it. 20 defence evs let you live +1 dragapult Phantom Force after it burns the z killing diancie (those evs should be outdated very soon).

View attachment 548631
Iron Moth @ Booster Energy
Tera Type: Ground
EVs: 124 Def / 132 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fiery Dance
- Sludge Wave
- Tera Blast
- Dazzling Gleam

This is another booster speed mon, but it's mostly here for its use as a sweeper instead of a revenge killer. It doesnt even need tera steel because it naturally eats up most priority, which means that tera ground tera blast is on the table for pex, clod, and heatran to get destroyed. Fiery dance is the one bit of luck this team has to rely on, but when you can get a boost, you can often end the game very soon. The 124 extra evs from the booster evs will go to defence, because the only attacks you'll be taking are sneasler acrobatics and physical priority. Dazzling gleam hits the dragons hard, which is especially relevant for killing dragapult at +1 or from high health.

View attachment 548633
Dragonite @ Lum Berry
Ability: Multiscale
Tera Type: Normal
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Earthquake
- Ice Spinner

Dragonite is great defensively, being able to check everything that's not a ghost type with strong, often STAB Extreme speed. Dragon dance gives it more damage and speed to use with its coverage of earthquake and ice spinner, which hits just about everything. Since I feel like this team does well enough in terms of hazard prevention, it's got a lum berry, which is useful in about half of the games, letting me click moves freely into zapdos, set up on pex and clod, and shut down any possibility of sneasler nonsense. Dnite's also crucial in the rain matchup, taking 2 hits from mega swampert and revenging swift swimmers.

View attachment 548634
Kartana @ Normalium Z
Ability: Beast Boost
Tera Type: Grass
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword
- Giga Impact

Finishing off teh squad is kartana, who is just ridiculously powerful, especially with a 200 bp z move to throw out at any time. Sacred sword lets it eat though checks like corv/skarm and ferro, even in the face of iron defence antics. Everything that doesnt fall to leaf blade and sacred sword is in danger of the z move, except for some UU and below mons.

Threats:
:dondozo: :chansey: and friends: I need to keep diencie able to endeavor dozo so i can prevent it from setting up, force tera dozo with kart, then take advantage of the tera with baxcalibur to win. Mega diancie generally gets up rocks, but its not always enough.
:scizor-mega: Annoying to everything but iron moth, generally forces tera if moth doesn't get it
:excadrill: ladder why

If anyone has ideas for how to make this better, please tell me
Good team Nish!

Tbh, lum on dnite is unreliable, and I usually run boots instead to make sure rocks don't bother it. I guess diancie is the closest thing to a perfect lead, but teams that can set up rocks multiple times while maintaining pressure, like those annoying HO hazard stacks make dnite pretty close to useless defensively, as multiscale is the one thing that makes it easy for it to set up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)