(Un)Official Smogon University PO Stats -- August 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

New World Order

Licks Toads
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Yeah, 4G OU shares a lot more in common with 5G UU than OU, IMO. Interestingly, I don't really feel like RU is very much like 4G UU...
RU actually looks strangely similar to a combination of Yanmega era UU and UU ducks era UU. Pretty much every pokemon in RU has something to do with Yanmega, Cresselia, or Porygon-Z.

1. Yanmega: needs to be banned immediately
2. Blastoise: spins for Yanmega
3. Entei: checks Yanmega
4. Cresselia: needs to be banned immediately
5. Claydol: spins for Yanmega
6. Honchrow: checks Cresselia
7. Porygon-Z: needs to be banned immediately
8. Ferroseed: checks Porygon-Z (to an extent)
9. Clefable: sweeping partner for Yanmega/ Porygon-Z
10. Gallade: takes out common Yanmega/ Porygon-Z checks

blahblahblahblahblah.

The problem with Lucario is his relative frailty, especially with all the E-quakes and fire moves running amuck. If allowed to set up, especially the SD variants, it can do alot of damage and is almost guaranteed to knock out at least one of the opposing pokes assuming its not too near death itself. The problem is finding a point when it can set up without dying.

Yeah, 4G OU shares a lot more in common with 5G UU than OU, IMO. Interestingly, I don't really feel like RU is very much like 4G UU...
I personally have to somewhat disagree with this, 5G UU lacks the offensive power that 4G OU had which has turned it into an extremely slow paced and quite boring defensive stallfest tier.

In 4G OU ultimately you always had the option of going on hyper offensive at a risk to break infinite switch chains but there is no such option in 5G UU due to the lack of high offensive dragons or similar types of sweepers.

Result is the most successful teams are those who can break those stallchains and they're very limiting I find in what you can run.

I may be wrong but I've seen maybe a total of two successful offensive teams in UU. One was a sand team I recall that actually used as many defensive stall staples as it did offensive and one of them the only actual pure offensive team I've seen work had to run Choice items on nearly every member of the team to do it.

The problem with Lucario is his relative frailty, especially with all the E-quakes and fire moves running amuck. If allowed to set up, especially the SD variants, it can do alot of damage and is almost guaranteed to knock out at least one of the opposing pokes assuming its not too near death itself. The problem is finding a point when it can set up without dying.
Just run Air Balloon and you get a free setup on Gliscors and the like. Balloon also stops Excadrill and Landorus from ruining Lucario's sweep.

They're not.

Electivire: RU
Sceptile: UU

Feraligatr hat a lot of stiff competition these days, and Bouffalant is slow as molasses.
Bouffalant is bulky and packs a mean Afro that does a crapton of damage. Feraligatr is a worse gyara, but there's nothing quite like him in RU.

Tauros did get sheer force, but if I remember correctly, it doesn't have much it can really abuse with it (physically)... Rock Slide, Zen Headbutt, Rock Climb, Iron Tail. That is pretty much it.

Sheer Force Tauros is trash, you're better running Work Up/Intimidate Tauros it does more damage and can take a hit. At least Bouffalant can scare stuff like Skarm/Gliscor with its Reckless Wild Charge/Afro Break.

New World Order

Licks Toads
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Since I'm not allowed to post in Policy Review, I guess I'll just post this here.

I've noticed that recent battle logs now begin like this:

Your Pokemon are Tyranitar/ Landorus/ Excadrill/ Rotom-W/ Celebi/ Skarmory

Your Opponent's Pokemon are Politoed/ Thundurus/ Toxicroak/ Starmie/ Latias/ Bronzong

Are we doing this so we can return to Rising Dusk's method of calculating usage stats? (where everyone on the team is calculated instead of everyone that appeared in battle) If so, is this going to stall the next tiering update?

That's actually from a recent update to PO, and unfortunately it hasnt been implemented server-side...so i think were going back to the plugin that gathered stats for us,

If we're talking about RU, I can tell you from experience that Bouffalant is great. Grass immunity vis Sap Sipper is awesome since you can come in on stuff like Venomoth's Sleep Powder, Ferroseed's Leech Seed etc and get a free attack boost. Unless the opponent has a physical wall up, +1 CB Head Charge is going to DESTROY. Even stuff like Tangela gets hit hard by Megahorn, whilst Rock Slide gives you a recoil free way to get rid of Bugs and Flying types.

Well you'd need to deal about 1500 points of damage to do that, but at that stage it'd be worth it :P

Sure, Crawdaunt is a better Dragon Dancer than Feraligatr, but it can't swords dance as well (if at all).
wait what
crawdaunt is a better DDer than gatr?
with or without sheer force, i would assume gate is the better DD
unless i'm missing something ;;;;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)