Other UMPL II - Week 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theia

I danced for you for the last time
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnus
User Safety Lead

Amazing art by Clementine
Rules
  • Follow all rules listed here.
  • Schedule via Smogon VMs. It's easier for me to make decisions for activity calls when I can actually see what went down with scheduling.
  • If you are unable to schedule with your opponent, please let your managers know ASAP so they can communicate that to me or the other team's managers for a potential substitute.
  • Substitutions may be made after a week has started. When making a substitution, please tag myself, the managers of the opposing team, and all of the players affected by the substitute to ensure that everyone is made aware. Players who have already played in the week or were subbed out in the same week cannot be subbed back in.
  • If a match remains incomplete by the time of the deadline, it will be subject to an activity call.
  • Post replays. Not only are they useful for confirming wins, they contribute to usage stats and allow the people who couldn't watch the games live to watch them later.
  • Managers: Please send me your lineups in the same format that I used to post pairings. It makes it much easier to post future rounds more quickly.

>>Spreadsheet<<
Courtesy of the wonderful Ticken
>>Replays and Usage<<
>>Commencement<<

:grookey: Gliding Grookey (4) vs (4) SSSSS :oranguru:
SS 1v1: DenisTheMenace vs Potatochan
SS 1v1: STABLE vs crying
SS AG: Royal1604 vs baconeatinassassin
SS AG: The Strap vs Fc
SS NFE: beauts vs Dr. Phd. BJ
SS NFE: Andyboy vs kythr
SS ZU: avarice vs shiloh
SS ZU: OranBerryBlissey10 vs clean

:lunala: Star Road Lunala (5) vs (3) Rabble Raboots :raboot:
SS 1v1: doc1203 vs Nick
SS 1v1: Blanched vs Jamez
SS AG: polt vs Geysers
SS AG: Seldanna vs DurzaOffTopic
SS NFE: Fogbound Lake vs Jordy
SS NFE: PandaDoux vs tlenit
SS ZU: Drud vs Danny
SS ZU: Beraldinho vs Lily

:croconaw: Crocs in Crocs (5) vs (3) Paradis Island Titans :regigigas:
SS 1v1: Close vs pqs
SS 1v1: SiceXV vs stravench
SS AG: Trade vs Skooma
SS AG: Swas vs Inder
SS NFE: lax vs jonfilch
SS NFE: snaga vs Kabilapok
SS ZU: TJ vs Louna
SS ZU: neomon vs Ninja

Gliding Grookey (0) vs (0) SSSSS
SS 1v1: DenisTheMenace vs Potatochan
SS 1v1: STABLE vs crying
SS AG: Royal1604 vs baconeatinassassin
SS AG: The Strap vs Fc
SS NFE: beauts vs Dr. Phd. BJ
SS NFE: Andyboy vs kythr
SS ZU: avarice vs shiloh
SS ZU: OranBerryBlissey10 vs clean

Star Road Lunala (0) vs (0) Rabble Raboots
SS 1v1: doc1203 vs Nick
SS 1v1: Blanched vs Jamez
SS AG: polt vs Geysers
SS AG: Seldanna vs DurzaOffTopic
SS NFE: Fogbound Lake vs Jordy
SS NFE: PandaDoux vs tlenit
SS ZU: Drud vs Danny
SS ZU: Beraldinho vs Lily

Crocs in Crocs (0) vs (0) Paradis Island Titans
SS 1v1: Close vs pqs
SS 1v1: SiceXV vs stravench
SS AG: Trade vs Skooma
SS AG: Swas vs Inder
SS NFE: lax vs jonfilch
SS NFE: snaga vs Kabilapok
SS ZU: TJ vs Louna
SS ZU: neomon vs Ninja

Replays are mandatory

The deadline to get your matches done is Sunday, November 6th at 11:59 PM GMT -5.​

Fragments

Finish the story
is a Tiering Contributor
RBTT Champion
Gliding Grookey (3) vs (5) SSSSS - Larpers on top
SS 1v1: DenisTheMenace vs Potatochan - monoitalian will work one of these days, but prolly not vs potato
SS 1v1: STABLE vs crying - i will be super busy and will only be able to slot in occasionally from the bench. please draft at your own risk; i am only signing up to possibly 3k bench ride to a custom. do not expect to start me.
SS AG: Royal1604 vs baconeatinassassin - heavily favoring bacon
SS AG: The Strap vs Fc - Fc definitely better at ss ag, but he's not named The Strap
SS NFE: beauts vs Dr. Phd. BJ - has done better in nfe individuals this year I think
SS NFE: Andyboy vs kythr - 2 proud nfe mains representing this illustrious tier
SS ZU: avarice vs shiloh - crazy zupl record, not much else to say
SS ZU: OranBerryBlissey10 vs clean - clean you're allowed to win here but please lose in the tourtellin ty

Star Road Lunala (5) vs (3) Rabble Raboots - Welcome to France
SS 1v1: D2TheW vs Nick - femboy hoothoots on top
SS 1v1: Blanched vs Jamez - femboy hoothoots on top
SS AG: polt vs Geysers - more proven player but should still be competitive
SS AG: Seldanna vs DurzaOffTopic - Durza got lost on his way to ZU
SS NFE: Fogbound Lake vs Jordy - calling this as upset of the week
SS NFE: PandaDoux vs tlenit - tlenit was supposed to come as a package deal with 85percent wtf happened
SS ZU: Tuthur vs Danny - best zu match of the week, danny might be a bit better but tuthur is very consistent, could go either way
SS ZU: Beraldinho vs Lily - did well in zupl on dpp, should be good here too

Gliding Grookey (3) vs (1) SSSSS
SS NFE: beauts vs Dr. Phd. BJ (48-52) BJ is very good but said he'll be inactive while beauts is known to be a lot involved during the building process. I think beauts will have the MU with a cool team while BJ will just pick & play. Very interesting game.
SS NFE: Andyboy vs kythr (55-45) Both are very good players but Andyboy has a very good support while kythr will have to build for themself in a meta they never played before in my knowledge. Can't wait to see this game ngl
SS ZU: avarice vs shiloh (60-40) Once again, 2 very good players here. I don't think shiloh ever played the tier while avarice did very well during ZUPL. Shiloh also lacks support, i don't think clean will be able to support 2 ZU slots alone. Although OBB's teams are weird, sometimes too weird and it could give the MU to shiloh.
SS ZU: OranBerryBlissey10 vs clean (60-40) Clean has no support and i don't know if they will be able to build a reliable team in this meta while OBB build very cool stuff but as mentioned above, OBB's teams can sometimes be too MU fishy and it could give clean the edge.

Every games could go either way tbh, every pairings are very close i can't wait to see theses games.

Crocs in Crocs (1) vs (3) Paradis Island Titans
SS NFE: lax vs jonfilch (30-70) I don't think lax ever played the tier and jonfilch did 7-1 or 6-2 in OMPL and is very good. Lax also has no support (no way hoen will support 4 slots) while jonfilch has imo the best NFE support in ojr + Kabilapok
SS NFE: snaga vs Kabilapok (45-55) Same as above, no support vs great support. Even if i think snaga is better overall, they never played the tier as well while Kabilapok has some experience in it.
SS ZU: TJ vs Louna (40-60) TJ + Hoen during ZUPL did not work from what i've been told, so i'm not sure if the core will work well during this tour as well but we'll see. Louna is a very good builder and is also very good in game if he doesnt choke. He also has support from Corthius which is great to not let Louna build something like qwilfish Rest.
SS ZU: S1nn0hC0nfirm3d vs Ninja (52-48) You're gonna call me crazy to make this pairing that close but even if i think hoen would have been the best NFE by far, i am a lot less convinced by his ZU teams. I think most of what i've seen from him in SS ZU is quite MU fishy and it could be exploited by Titans' ZU support, Hoen will also be overwhelmed if he supports NFE since he is the only to know the tier in Crocs' team. On the other hand, Ninja did very well during ZUPL even if that was in SS3 with a great 5-1 record and they have good support with Corthius + Louna. Really cool pairing.

I think we'll see if Crocs will have enough support for the rest of the tour or not at all here, if snaga + lax are motivated to learn the tier that could turn into a 2-0 for them in NFE but if not that's gonna be hard for them the entire tour

1v1 predictions because society

Gliding Grookey (2) vs (0) SSSSS
SS 1v1: DenisTheMenace vs Potatochan - italian motivation
SS 1v1: STABLE vs crying - italian motivation part 2

Star Road Lunala (1) vs (0) Rabble Raboots
SS 1v1: D2TheW vs Nick - idk if d2 cares about winning this, if not then nick is prob gonna win
SS 1v1: Blanched vs Jamez - bla is not as inactive anymore and jamez prob isnt taking this tour seriously

Crocs in Crocs (2) vs (0) Paradis Island Titans
SS 1v1: Close vs pqs - pqs throws these
SS 1v1: SiceXV vs stravench - stravench has to play the finals boss in r1

Schedule W1 vs Rabble Raboots (LeCehlou & Mirbro) (GMT=0)

1v1 #1 : D2TheW vs Nick ==> Sunday 2 PM
1v1 #2 : Blanched vs Jamez ==> Saturday 1 AM
AG #1 : Polt vs Geysers ==> Sunday 1 AM
AG #2 : Seldanna vs DurzaOffTopic ==> Sunday 2 AM
NFE #1 : Fogbound lake vs Jordy ==> Sunday 5:30 PM
NFE #2 : PandaDoux vs Tlenit ==> Thrusday 3 PM
ZU #1 : Tuthur vs Danny ==> Sunday 9 PM
ZU #2 : Beraldinho vs Lily ==> Weekend

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)