Resource Ultra SM OU Bazaar

Heracross + T-Tar BO

https://pokepast.es/b934351fbaaec2b9
Just some Heracross team i blitzed through the ladder with, decided to share it since Hera has mostly fallen out of relevance and i doubt many others will build around it. Here i'll just quickly explain my team building choices as well as leave some threat list in the off chance of someone actually wanting to steal the squad to ladder with it.
Heracross: The main wallbreaker of the team. It doesn't carry pin missle because sub gives it way more opportunities to sd up or just get more attacks in, this leaves it walled by psychic types but that's what t-tar's for.
T-Tar: Serves as 1 of 2 Heatran checks, the rock setter, dark resist as well as the main answer to the likes of zapdos and psychic types. It can't mega but i still needed it to set up rocks so it's chople berry to guarantee a dead alakazam and help check zard-y.
Excadrill: Main Set-up sweeper and revenge killer, carries normalium to deal with pesky rotom and zapdos.
Magearna: Main switch in to psychic types and secondary stallbreaker also secondary ash gren switch in
Torn: Grass type check and defogger, carries taunt to annoy offense and stall
Rotom: 1 of 2 ash gren switch ins, flying resist, lando check and rain answer

Buginium z Volc sweeps through the entire team, can be dealt with by doubling and taunt torn or baiting the z (still destroys the team tho)

Zard-y kills everybody on the squad except t-tar, and it can't beat it after it has taken a fire blast since at that health range focus blast would kill through chople berry

There isn't any good rotom switch in and it's difficult to kill outside of Close combat chip and breakneck blitz

Zard X can technically kill everything on the squad but has more difficulties because it get's revenge killed by excadrill and can't set up in front of t-tar without risking stone edge

Celesteela is though to break and can only rly be dealt by Hera who has to fear leech seeds and flamethrower

Speedy threats in general can cause issues since your main way of speed control is just torn and exca in sand

Mega Charizard Y + Nidoking Offense.

I wanted to make a team centered around Nidoking as T-Spikes Balances have really taken off recently and Nidoking can absorb them while balance break all in the same slot. This is the team that inspired me to make that VR nom for it being higher btw.
Anyway my next thought was M-Charziard-Y as it likes Nidoking annoying Toxapex, Zard-Y in return can destroy Celesteela and other annoying roadblocks that prevent Nidoking from smashing through teams.
Now that I added Zard-Y, it was obvious that I needed a dedicated defogger to keep rocks off the field. Tapu Fini was perfect for this role as it provides a Ash-Gren Check and another way to annoy Toxapex for Zard-Y.
Tapu Koko was added 2 reasons. 1, it makes the team faster which is always nice. 2 It provides Nidoking a safe entrance with U-Turn. Its also Toxapex abuser number 3.
Now my team was weak to the powerful Psychics of the tier so Jirachi was added. My team didn't have stealth rock setter so Jirachi was made the rocker. Luckly Jirachi's Stealth Rock set is EVed with its Wish SpD set so it makes for a nice sturdy check to Tapu Lele.
Now, even with Tapu Koko, my team was still slow as shit. So Scarf Landorus-T was added for speed control while also being Toxapex abuser number 4.

:life-orb: Wanted to build around ghost pz for a long time and I'm back into the ou metagame after nearly 3 years so this is the perfect time isnt it?

:sm/mamoswine::sm/tapu koko::sm/porygon-z::sm/gyarados-mega::sm/magearna::sm/kartana:

Only play in tours if you're certain your opp doesn't bring ghost/dark resists very often. Good enough on ladder, p-ghost grabs enough matchup wins on itself to warrant >50% winrate. NOT.A."GOOD".TEAM.

As you can see it's a matchup-based HO team. Mamo is a better lead in this certain team, as it always beats opposing lead landos and isn't bad against electric types. sash endeavour puts on a lot of pressure on some teams. You might like to fit icile spear but honestly there is no move mamo can drop to make room for it. screens koko is obvious, creates momentum in some games and in others provides electric terrain which is neat against spore/sleep powder/hypnosis users and boosts pz's thunder. Yes i'm running shadow ball pz with thunder as the 4th move. +1 thunder in electric terrain ohko'es pex which is the most annoying mon for p-ghost as haze renders you nearly useless. Obviously doesn't work every time because you have to set up screens with koko, get to pz, set up with pz and then attack but you also have the option of not clicking z-conversion until you need to. Just hit pex with thunder if it's the last remaining counter. It's gonna get para'd over the long run and it can't kill you if it doesn't run toxic. MGyara is a super anti-stall measure. Rest allows you to beat avalugg which other mgyara sets can't. hp ev's are enough to set up on unaware clef while not megad and also is enough to avoid fini's 3hko from moonblast. This set also works well against fat mlati teams. It's pretty useless against offense though. shuca pain split mage is something I would never run in my entire life but luring ground types is really neat for the team and pain split is better against fat than cm because I can't run z and I need shuca over iapapa. psplit also enables you to have a good shot at beating other magearna's, which is neat. Scarfkart to round the team out, very good against offense which this team needs. This team basically only has 1 tspike-weak being pz since mamo will almost always die within 3 turns and tapu koko is supposed to suicide to have more screens turns for the abusers. Don't let ferro get too many free turns, same for other karts and magearnas.
Mamoswine @ Focus Sash
Ability: Oblivious
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake
- Endeavor

Tapu Koko @ Light Clay
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 4 Def / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Volt Switch
- Taunt

Porygon-Z @ Normalium Z
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Conversion
- Recover
- Thunder

Gyarados-Mega @ Gyaradosite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 88 HP / 168 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Crunch
- Earthquake
- Rest

Magearna @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Soul-Heart
Timid Nature
- Focus Blast
- Shift Gear
- Pain Split
- Fleur Cannon

Kartana @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Beast Boost
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword
- Knock Off
- Smart Strike

Last edited:
A few more fun offensive builds that you might actually use from this thread, along with some teambuilding insights if you wanna sharpen up those building skills. Enjoy responsibly.

Decidueye + Ash Gren Bulky Offense
Decidueye actually balance/stallbreaks really well. It dismantles magic guard spam, sableye stall, and celepex builds effortlessly while threatening typical Heatran/Garchomp-esque bulky offense teams with a free kill from Sinister Arrow Raid. A few people tried building around it in the past but I didn't like their approaches, so I decided to try out my favourite starter myself.

I paired it with Ash Greninja because it really appreciates Decidueye trapping fat grass and water types. They form a nice core too, since spikes make Decidueye's job a lot easier. I wanted a more sturdy check to opposing Greninja though as well as an actual defensive grass type to be my water resist, so I added TWave Ferrothorn as a tech to slow down opposing Torn-T and Heatran for Decidueye to destroy. Ash Gren being my only fire resist so far was bad, so I added mixed Mega Garchomp to balance-break alongside Decidueye and complete the hazard stacking core. I wanted to improve my Kartana and Medicham matchup as well as have a defogger, so I picked Tornadus-Therian for the job. It can also u-turn to bring in Mega Chomp safely, so they're a sick core too. Finally, I added scarf Victini to improve my Lele and Medicham matchups and give me a consistent revenge killer.

Breaker-Heavy Offense feat. LO Torn-T
A friend of mine likes Kyurem-Black a lot because he loves abusing broken stats and damage, so I figured I'd build a team around it and alongside Mega Medicham for the hell of it. They actually compliment each other really well, handling each other's matchups that they might occasionally struggle with.

To start, I figured I'd go with Rotom-Wash to defog for KB and bait in grass types and Mega Latis. Ferrothorn again makes an appearance as the team's main water resist, running double hazards as the main way of punishing people that just want to keep their Toxapex in against this team and fish for burns. Scarf Lando-T is the main revenge killer and Hawlucha check with Explosion, which compliments perfectly with double priority Medicham on this team. The last slot is filler on this team, so I decided to go with the rare LO Tornadus-Therian to give balance and stall a hard time. The Torn can be customized to whatever you want, really. Taunt makes the stall matchup even better, U-Turn can bring in your broken breakers safely, Knock Off can punish fat stuff, whatever you want really. The HP Ice is really just an anti-meta thing for stuff like Rockium Garchomp and Gliscor which have sky-high usage atm in mid-high level play.

Psychic Spam feat. SD Lando and Scarf Bulu
I'm really going to miss this archetype in official competitive swsh, it's a really fun playstyle. Specs Lele and Mega Zam aren't the only way to build around this lowkey broken mega evo, but it's definitely the most entertaining and enjoyable playstyles.

Rather than resorting to the usually safer balance approach with the double psychic core, I decided to get a bit more offensive as always. Rotom-W can actively pivot in Specs Lele while checking spdef Heatran, Jirachi, and Victini. As extra insurance against steel types and Volcarona (a huge threat to Psyspam), I added spdef Heatran. This also forms a nice physdef/spdef role compression alongside Rotom, and the two have great type synergy too. I wanted an offensive rock setter that could lure opposing Celesteela and my opposing Heatran matchup was looking pretty nice with Rotom-w + Mega Zam, so I didn't need Garchomp or Kommo-o. I went for Rockium Lando-T to fill out those roles I wanted. Finally, I needed a check to Greninja but I also wanted a revenge killer, so I opted for scarf Bulu to lure both of those. It also gives Heatran some terrain recovery, and we all know how good BuluTran is.

If you want to guarantee a revenge killer against Hawlucha at +0, you can add a few defense ev's to Mega Zam. But with double terrain and everything except Bulu threatening it, you should be fine vs the broken lucha.

Curse Zapdos+Electrium Z Magnezone
OR

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Static
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Curse
- Drill Peck
- Substitute
- Roost

Magnezone @ Electrium Z
Ability: Magnet Pull
Modest Nature
- Substitute
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon

Kartana @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Beast Boost
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword
- Knock Off
- Smart Strike / Defog

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Def / 12 SpA / 40 SpD / 192 Spe
Calm Nature
- Defog
- Moonblast
- Scald
- Taunt

Medicham-Mega @ Medichamite
Ability: Pure Power
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Zen Headbutt
- High Jump Kick
- Ice Punch

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Roar
- Earthquake

Greninja-Ash (M) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Battle Bond
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Water Shuriken
- Spikes
- Dark Pulse

So someone posted this really funky, really cool Zapdos set in the Next Best Thing thread earlier today. I love the idea of a somewhat offensively-inclined Zapdos but it feels like most out-of-the-box Zapdos sets either forego most of their defensive utility to effectively become an inferior Thundurus or don't really change much of what Zapdos is able to beat.

That's where this Zapdos set, utilizing the surprisingly-unexplored Virtual Console move Curse, comes into play: it can leverage its fantastic defensive typing and access to reliable recovery to as a baseline become a decent check to a ton of Special Attackers. It's able to check most physical attackers after just one Curse boost and despite the Speed tradeoff from Curse's boosts Zapdos is still capable of soaking up a surprising amount of hits from both ends of the spectrum with its Substitute. Zapdos gets exactly three physical attacks worth mentioning, but Drill Peck is one hell of a move to have access to: Flying STAB is consistently incredible due to its wide coverage and is a great option for this mono-attacking set. However, it gets walled to hell and back by Steel types.

If something appreciates having Steel types removed from play, it goes without saying that Magnezone (or Alolan Golem) is its most ideal teammate. Substitute+Z-Move Magnezone is an excellent partner because it can absolutely nuke Celesteela, some Magearna variants, and Heatran from orbit with its powerful Gigavolt Havoc, which is especially helpful as this Zapdos set has a lot of trouble getting past these Steel types.

Another teammate I figured I'd run to take advantage of Magnezone's abilities is Scarf Kartana. It's obviously a great revenge killer and it obviously hates many Steel types that Magnezone deals with. Alternatively, however, I could run Tapu Fini as my team's dedicated Defogger since it also acts as a dedicated Ash-Greninja check. This is a difficult decision to make at times, admittedly; I've tried out both variations.

My own Ash-Greninja can help wallbreak or clean up anything that Kartana and Zapdos can't deal with.

Mega Medicham's Fake Out and powerful Anti-Toxapex STABs give me another layer of protection against the blue tumor and its ilk. It hits hard as fuck.

Lastly, I opted to run Fast Tank Chomp on this set to punish U-turn attempts and to bait in things that wouldn't appreciate a Toxic to the face.

Last edited:
Curse Zapdos+Electrium Z Magnezone

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Static
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Curse
- Drill Peck
- Substitute
- Roost

Magnezone @ Electrium Z
Ability: Magnet Pull
Modest Nature
- Substitute
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Defog
- Moonblast
- Scald
- Taunt

Medicham-Mega @ Medichamite
Ability: Pure Power
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Zen Headbutt
- High Jump Kick
- Ice Punch

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Roar
- Earthquake

Greninja-Ash (M) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Battle Bond
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Water Shuriken
- Spikes
- Dark Pulse

So someone posted this really funky, really cool Zapdos set in the Next Best Thing thread earlier today. I love the idea of a somewhat offensively-inclined Zapdos but it feels like most out-of-the-box Zapdos sets either forego most of their defensive utility to effectively become an inferior Thundurus or don't really change much of what Zapdos is able to beat.

That's where this Zapdos set, utilizing the surprisingly-unexplored Virtual Console move Curse, comes into play: it can leverage its fantastic defensive typing and access to reliable recovery to as a baseline become a decent check to a ton of Special Attackers. It's able to check most physical attackers after just one Curse boost and despite the Speed tradeoff from Curse's boosts Zapdos is still capable of soaking up a surprising amount of hits from both ends of the spectrum with its Substitute. Zapdos gets exactly three physical attacks worth mentioning, but Drill Peck is one hell of a move to have access to: Flying STAB is consistently incredible due to its wide coverage and is a great option for this mono-attacking set. However, it gets walled to hell and back by Steel types.

If something appreciates having Steel types removed from play, it goes without saying that Magnezone (or Alolan Golem) is its most ideal teammate. Substitute+Z-Move Magnezone is an excellent partner because it can absolutely nuke Celesteela, some Magearna variants, and Heatran from orbit with its powerful Gigavolt Havoc, which is especially helpful as this Zapdos set has a lot of trouble getting past these Steel types.

Another teammate I figured I'd run to take advantage of Magnezone's abilities is Scarf Kartana. It's obviously a great revenge killer and it obviously hates many Steel types that Magnezone deals with.

Tapu Fini is my team's Defogger and can check Ash-Greninja. I found that this level of role compression proved especially useful as Ash-Greninja proved to be especially problematic for my team in its previous state.

My own Ash-Greninja can help wallbreak or clean up anything that Kartana and Zapdos can't deal with.

Mega Medicham's Fake Out and powerful Anti-Toxapex STABs give me another layer of protection against the blue tumor and its ilk. It hits hard as fuck.

Lastly, I opted to run Fast Tank Chomp on this set to punish U-turn attempts and to bait in things that wouldn't appreciate a Toxic to the face.
Cool team. Does the team use Garchomp or Kartana? The explanation mentions both so there’s seven, but the importable has Garchomp and not Kartana. Which one should be used between the two? Or should they both be on the team and have something else removed?

edit: s/o ReadTheMango for the dank Zapdos set

Last edited:
Cool team. Does the team use Garchomp or Kartana? The explanation mentions both so there’s seven, but the importable has Garchomp and not Kartana. Which one should be used between the two? Or should they both be on the team and have something else removed?
Right. I thought something was a little off when I submitted this.

I edited the post to include this information, but I basically have to make a relatively difficult decision to incorporate one of Scarf Kart or standard Tapu Fini onto my team (to either clean better lategame or to better check Ash-Gren and to clear hazards more reliably). Thanks for pointing that little error out!

So ive been trying to make a psychic spam team with Mega gallade + lele ever since i saw it in the OU Cores thread
and because i watched a documentary on Bonnie and Clyde so it reminded me of lele and gallade. ive only like now feel like the team is good enough to post here.

Why Alolan-muk?
So The problem i kept running into through out the various iterations of this team was that i was very weak to blacepholon and that opposing psychic types abused my terrain there are hardly any dark types in OU that can take a hit comfortably. Ttar was a consideration but i hate taking my damage from my own sand so i chose muk. Its high Sp.Def and great typing are very underrated imo. Knock off and pursuit are staples of every muk , poison fang can be used over poison jab for an extra 10% chance to poison but the lack in power just makes it seems like a niche option. Rock slide on muk helps with the volcorona match up, offensive volc gets OHKOed by it and bulky volc is a 2HKO but it cant kill u back even with a plus 1 Z bug that is if you have enough health to take one. Fire punch can be used over this if u need muk to damage magearana but volc just seems like a bigger threat. info on the spread i used Here.

replays to showoff the team

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-985450526

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-978797103

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-977348531

Deleted all that unnecessary explanation

seriously tho peep that song up top

Last edited:

So ive been trying to make a psychic spam team with Mega gallade + lele ever since i saw it in the OU Cores thread
and because i watched a documentary on Bonnie and Clyde. ive only like now feel like the team is good enough. plus i felt like blessin y'all with another kj original.

Mega Gallade : I chose Mega Gallade over Medi because its faster and nothing is better than clicking SD and then blowing something away afterwards also it has access to knock off so its not walled by mew , slowbro , renu , etc. tho im not using knock off because i have a muk to deal with those guys. Close combat because its the strongest attack , Zen-headbutt in terrain is the same base power as CC , Ice punch for lando because being intimidated is annoying , and Swords Dance to boost my attack.
Tapu Lele : I ended up with scarf lele because i needed speed control , i experimented with Z and specs but this was just the better option.
Psychic, HP Fire , MoonBlast , and i had psyshock before for chnasey because after rocks plus spikes its a 3HKO but i switched to focus blast because i hardly have any fire resists so heatran destroyed me.

Alolan muk : So The problem i kept running into through out the various iterations of this team was that i was very weak to blacepholon and that opposing psychic types abused my terrain there are hardly any dark types in OU that can take a hit comfortably. Ttar was a consideration but i hate taking my damage from my own sand so i chose muk. Its high Sp.Def and great typing are very underrated imo. Knock off and pursuit are staples of every muk , poison fang can be used over poison jab for an extra 10% chance to poison but the lack in power just makes it seems like a niche option. Rock slide on muk helps with the volcorona match up, offensive volc gets OHKOed by it and bulky volc is a 2HKO but it cant kill u back even with a plus 1 Z bug that is if you have enough health to take one. Fire punch can be used over this if u need muk to damage magearana but volc just seems like a bigger threat. info on the spread i used Here.
Zapdos : For my kartana answer and ground immunity i chose Mega Oricorio Zapdos . torn just wasnt working for me because of the hurricane misses and besides spreading paras with static always leads to people raging which is hilarious. A Defensive spred to better deal with the threats of kart , mega lopunny , etc.
Volt switch over discharge because gaining offensive momentum is really great with having numerous hard hitters and hazard stackers. i also chose HP ice over heatwave for those ground types that try to stop my volt switches.

Garchomp : Now for my electric immunity i chose chomp over lando because i really needed a fire resist for those pesky heatrans and its speed tier is better anyways and i ended up with the rockium Z set for opposing zapdos that try to static my gallade , i tested dragon Z but its wack af . Stealth rock on here so i can use spikes on ferro.
Ferrothorn : now i needed a water/grass resist for ash grens , serps and such , so i chose ferro for spikes support, it works really well with scarf lele at the late game. 232 Sp.Def EVs to maximize that special bulk for gren and the Def. EVs are for surviving a plus 1 skystrike fro gyra.

replays to showoff the team

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-978797103

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-977348531

seriously tho peep that song up top

Yo, cool team. Most of the text you wrote doesn’t show up though if you’re not on dark mode.

Mega Ampharos Semi-stall
1569526275151.png
1569526285488.png
1569526292611.png
1569526299997.png
1569526434577.png
1569526443731.png

https://pokepast.es/cdac80bf85c7d7bc
use spd pex. evs got messed up in port.
most bulky offense teams hate switching into amphy and the slow volt switch that can actually kill stuff is really nice. Great hard switch to torn-t and it loves the grassy terrain. Spdef bulu means you dont' lose to ash gren or lele. SD is a wincon. i like using weird fast max HP sets on tran. Amazing synergy with bulu and deals with most annoying junk. Between this and pex, you comfortably handle magearna. Toxapex sets t-spikes and is used to check zard y and the like. Gliscor I opted for a defensive defog set. It's kinda weird, but it beats lando and handles fighting types. Clef is unaware and the sole speed control. Keep it healthy if they have mega medi. Notably there is no Z-move user. I think you could go Z-haze on toxapex to emergency stop zard X under terrain. Not really another good user.

Biggest threats are psychium/fire/hpground volc and Z-rock Chomp.

Anyway...fun team. Mega amphy is more viable than I thought. If anyone has suggestion for better speed control, wincon, or z-move user, lmk.

P.S. Why not focus blast on amphy? Boom:
252+ SpA Mold Breaker Ampharos-Mega Hidden Power Poison vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Tapu Bulu: 360-428 (104.6 - 124.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Last edited:
ハズレ王 (Pinsir-Mega) @ Pinsirite
Ability: Hyper Cutter
Shiny: Yes
Jolly Nature
- Return
- Swords Dance
- Quick Attack
- Earthquake
しむらけん (Swampert) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 156 Def / 100 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Stealth Rock
- Yawn
おんじい (Thundurus-Therian) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 164 HP / 12 Def / 196 SpA / 20 SpD / 116 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Sludge Wave
み (Mimikyu) @ Ghostium Z
Ability: Disguise
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shadow Claw
- Shadow Sneak
- Swords Dance
- Play Rough
暴力おじさん (Bisharp) @ Air Balloon
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 212 HP / 204 Atk / 52 Def / 36 SpD / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance
アシモ (Porygon2) @ Eviolite
Ability: Download
EVs: 244 HP / 196 Def / 4 SpA / 52 SpD / 12 Spe
Bold Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Tri Attack
- Ice Beam
- Recover

https://play.pokemonshowdown.com/battle-gen7ou-985662804

ハズレ王 (Pinsir-Mega) @ Pinsirite
Ability: Hyper Cutter
Shiny: Yes
Jolly Nature
- Return
- Swords Dance
- Quick Attack
- Earthquake
しむらけん (Swampert) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 156 Def / 100 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Stealth Rock
- Yawn
おんじい (Thundurus-Therian) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 164 HP / 12 Def / 196 SpA / 20 SpD / 116 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Sludge Wave
み (Mimikyu) @ Ghostium Z
Ability: Disguise
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shadow Claw
- Shadow Sneak
- Swords Dance
- Play Rough
暴力おじさん (Bisharp) @ Air Balloon
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 212 HP / 204 Atk / 52 Def / 36 SpD / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance
アシモ (Porygon2) @ Eviolite
Ability: Download
EVs: 244 HP / 196 Def / 4 SpA / 52 SpD / 12 Spe
Bold Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Tri Attack
- Ice Beam
- Recover

https://play.pokemonshowdown.com/battle-gen7ou-985662804
replay link doesn't work.

Peaked 1933 and 1934 (see replay) w/ a stall of my own design, finally achieving my goal of becoming the very best (by my standards). May be viable into the 2ks, but all motivation has sapped - I did what I set out to do. Working title is Gooey Bird Poo. Figures, right, for a stall? Low GXE is due to the dogshit I was using earlier - consult replay site for more.

There are variations you can comfortably afford to make based on the meta: bulkier Zap, some spdef for Waterium Mana, 260/263 speed Mew or 248/188/72 for Adamant Medi in terrain, bulkier/faster/some spdef Wole for Kyub, Sassy/faster Gastro for Reuni, faster Malt (actually threw away the ez MU against brain breaker by being greedy). Whole team is a meta-pick, winning based on having more knowledge than the opponent, so it can be considered wack in that way. I still think it's fun to play.

https://pokepast.es/4c856cd1177e2070

Tpunch covers +6 Azu in rain, lures Peli, and helps v Fini and lategame TangPex, while 156 def always lives Steelium into Iron Head after Drain Punching +2 Exca. Careful Gastro Clear Smogs non-Eball Reuni, Zap Electriums Fini (and Togekiss, fuck you) while volting on TTar and Tran, and Groundium lures Tran, primarily, while avoiding a 50/50 w/ Weavile.

What can I say? It's a good team, yo. Here are some hidden replays - check lwy for more.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-992467544-za98et2uxtjheizvaw63vyf9xkzlkh2pw - mob barley
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-992453137-66h1ca1wt2rpbqnmnkrubq6z2cqu1f9pw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-992565853 - proof of peak; not hidden, but if you find pp wars of endurance fun (I do) the team is for you

Threats: Rocks Megatar, CM rocks Clef, Timid or max Modest Eball/Toxic Manaphy and other low usage sets - viability of the team depends upon the meta

Attachments

Peaked 1933 and 1934 (see replay) w/ a stall of my own design, finally achieving my goal of becoming the very best (by my standards). May be viable into the 2ks, but all motivation has sapped - I did what I set out to do. Working title is Gooey Bird Poo. Figures, right, for a stall? Low GXE is due to the dogshit I was using earlier - consult replay site for more.

There are variations you can comfortably afford to make based on the meta: bulkier Zap, some spdef for Waterium Mana, 260/263 speed Mew or 248/188/72 for Adamant Medi in terrain, bulkier/faster/some spdef Wole for Kyub, Sassy/faster Gastro for Reuni, faster Malt (actually threw away the ez MU against brain breaker by being greedy). Whole team is a meta-pick, winning based on having more knowledge than the opponent, so it can be considered wack in that way. I still think it's fun to play.

Tpunch covers +6 Azu in rain, lures Peli, and helps v Fini and lategame TangPex, while 156 def always lives Steelium into Iron Head after Drain Punching +2 Exca. Careful Gastro Clear Smogs non-Eball Reuni, Zap Electriums Fini (and Togekiss, fuck you) while volting on TTar and Tran, and Groundium lures Tran, primarily, while avoiding a 50/50 w/ Weavile.

What can I say? It's a good team, yo. Here are some hidden replays - check lwy for more.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-992467544-za98et2uxtjheizvaw63vyf9xkzlkh2pw - mob barley
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-992453137-66h1ca1wt2rpbqnmnkrubq6z2cqu1f9pw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-992565853 - proof of peak; not hidden, but if you find pp wars of endurance fun (I do) the team is for you

Threats: Rocks Megatar, CM rocks Clef, Timid or max Modest Eball/Toxic Manaphy and other low usage sets - viability of the team depends upon the meta
Great and creative team! I'd just like to point out that the team is a little weak to rocks Diancie and stallbreaker Tran (Magma, rocks, taunt, toxic), which aren't that uncommon. But as I'm sure you know, no team is perfect.

Nice team. You might consider changing Earthquake on Mew to Earth Power, that way if you get burned by a stray Lava Plume it's not an issue. Also avoids losing power from Grassy Terrain.

Zard Y looks scary but I assume Mega Altaria can handle it. As for Zard X, either click your Z with Mew or lose, probably.

Nice team. You might consider changing Earthquake on Mew to Earth Power, that way if you get burned by a stray Lava Plume it's not an issue. Also avoids losing power from Grassy Terrain.

Zard Y looks scary but I assume Mega Altaria can handle it. As for Zard X, either click your Z with Mew or lose, probably.
Malt handles both Zard forms rather well. Zard Y can't boost, and Zard X is almost always 2HKOed by hyper voice.

Made this new team. I've been testing it for a while now, maybe a week. It's pretty defensive, which I really like, but it still could be better. I'm using magearna with assault vest as a defensive pivot. Garchomp is really good, and he surprised me how tanky he can be for a stealth rocker. Alakazam has probably been the best carry sweeper I could ask for. Toxapex and ferrothorn and tapu fini provide a great wall for most magic bounce/recover shenanigans, and with the help of volt switches from magearna and stab psychics from alakazam, they can wittle down most teams. Inviting players to test out the team, or give any advice on how to make it work a little better. The main problems I have are calm mind espeons (I can't switch in toxapex to land a haze) and choice scarf blacephelons(outspeeds and oneshots most of my team). I have problems dealing with defensive teams with a lot of knock off options(if both of the leftovers from tapufini and ferrothorn get knocked off, they never survive against most defensive teams), and Landorus-T EQ spam(both toxapex and ferrothorn get destroyed by a couple EQs). Other then a few exceptions, I think the team has a pretty good matchup with a lot of the meta. Would be interested in what you guys think, comments appreciated.
https://www.serebii.net/pokedex-sm/icon/065-m.png
https://www.serebii.net/pokedex-sm/icon/445.png
https://www.serebii.net/pokedex-sm/icon/801.png
https://www.serebii.net/pokedex-sm/icon/748.png
https://www.serebii.net/pokedex-sm/icon/598.png
https://www.serebii.net/pokedex-sm/icon/788.png

Import/Export:

Alakazam-Mega @ Alakazite
Ability: Magic Guard
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Recover
- Shadow Ball

Garchomp @ Rockium Z
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance

Magearna @ Assault Vest
Ability: Soul-Heart
Calm Nature
- Volt Switch
- Fleur Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Haze
- Recover
- Toxic

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 24 Def / 232 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Knock Off
- Protect

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Defog
- Moonblast
- Scald
- Taunt

Askov

Explode
is a Tiering Contributoris a Past SPL Champion
UUPL Champion
With SWSH coming on the next month i felt like i should drop some of the teams i made in USM. If you know me you most likely know that i like building with less seen or wanky stuff (although sometimes I build with more conventional stuff for tours), so don't expect amazing teams from here

USM became kinda boring after some time for me so whenever something different popped up in the meta or some people suggested me different stuff/concept I certainly tried to build with it, so it was always nice to follow people like ben gay, ABR, Eo and others, while also seeing posts in tournaments threads with underlooked stuff in the meta like BKC's post.

So with enough useless talking, let's go to the teams (pokepastes are on the images) :

This team was made with the Modest Ash-Gren idea from BKC, which I found interesting. Grassium Tran was the next choice because although it isn't something new it is more rare nowadays, possibly being able to lure Tapu Fini for Ash Gren, Steela because as you will see in this post will be a common trend on my teams because it check a lot of dangerous stuff that can be hard to cover, mainly Kartana which now regular gren doesn't outspeed. Bulu for speed control, ash gren check and also supports Heatran with Terrain. Nidoking was added because it pressures a lot of balance builds while also being the mandatory Electric immunity and also can absorb TSpikes. Since I was lacking a mega and a ''decent'' switch to Toxapex, I added Mega-Zam, which can also pivot into EPower Heatran since I don't have any decent switches to it. This Celesteela set might be awkward but since I'm a bit paranoic with Mawile, this spread allows Steela to outspeed 179 Maw and at least trade with/kill it before it gets severely crippled by Knock Off if I need to.

https://pokepast.es/5836f311b98b79a0 V1
https://pokepast.es/fedcd96b946eef09 V2

Built around Gambitini and Z-Freeze Shock KyuB as the name says with the rest of the team being Pokemon that can soft check some dangerous threats while also being threats by itself (Gyara/Azu for Ash-Gren, Sciz/Gearna for Psychic/Grass/Fairy/Dragon check, Lando for Ground and Electric immunity while also being the mandatory Rocks user and Liechi SD Timid Tana, which although is a subpar set can be a surprising late game cleaner. Since I already have Z-KyuB, I put Liechi Berry because with its bulk evs, it can survive and be in berry range vs stuff like Ice Beam from M-Latias, Shadow Ball Mega-Zam and Shuca Koko. This Lando spread was mostly for this team because it can survive two hurricanes/one z-fly from Torn and use Custap to get a surprise kill on it, possibly clearing the path to a Kartana sweep. Iron Head was chosen on the M-Gyara version because it helps luring Bulu for Kartana and can possibly help vs Clef. The M-Scizor set was originally SD Bullet SPower Bug Bite, but DEdge probably is a better alternative since it also hits Pex (was originally a slot to hit Rotom-W hard w/o using SPower).

This team was made around the FSight Slowbro + MagmaProToxic Heatran + Lop, which is a strong core rn. This team is more standard-ish, but has some niche stuff because again, i'm paranoic with some particular Pokemon match up and in this case was CM Reuni. With standard sets this team would be straight 6-0ed by the Calm Minding Blob but this is where Skill Swap Slowbro and SD Ferrothorn come in, covering basically all Reunis sets since u can toxic reuni and take away it's magic guard with Slowbro and Slowbro can stall Toxic vs Blast/AA Reuni enough turn while SD Ferrothorn can force Energy Ball variants out. SD Ferrothorn is also cool for some specifics scenarios like vs Stalls that relies on Mega-Sableye to prevent Spikes from Ferrothorn, which although it seems rare nowadays it can still be useful and with 16 speed it guarantees that u outspeed non-creeped M-Sab. Shuca Pex was used because although Black Sludge can be useful, SD Lando could be really annoying for this team so Pex can at least minimize opportunies from SD Lando to break through the team.

prob a subpar team but it's a fun team to use on ladder ig. i've always liked those teams where two pokemons have different roles on the team from what the opp would expect in team preview so I tried to build with Scarf Bulky Zapdos + something that could bluff scarf, which ended up being Double Dance Lando-T. The inicial ''core'' was Zap + Lucha + some Tapu, because this Zapdos can potentially lure some annoying Pokemon that could prevent de Lucha sweep (Weavile and Ash-Gren mainly). Evs on Zapdos are enough to outspeed Ash Gren and always kill Weavile with Heat Wave after rocks. I used Bulu as the Tapu of choice because it was less passive while being a decent check to Gren/Rain, with this set (which zomog used in Snake) it is still has enough bulk to check them while also not being really passive . M-Diancie was chosen because it can check non-Fightnium Torns more effectively since the Zapdos is Scarf while also being able to prevent hazards. Celesteela to glue the team and Landorus-T was the Electric immunity + Scarf bluffer of choice. Rockium prob should be better in a lot of scenarios but Groundium is cool vs greedy Toxapexs and other Pokemon that might stay in if Terrain is up.

iirc Binding Band Heatran was created by Eo and basically I haven't seen it in a long time but it's a really cool set if you don't mind not having leftovers/has another z-user. This Heatran set is amazing to quickly chip Fini and Rotom for Gren/Sciz/Scor. Nothing really fancy on this team outside of BB Heatran and Groundium Kommo-o, which although most of the time you'd prefer Kommonium, it helps luring Toxapex for Scizor and Gren while also doing a decent chunk to Fini.

A second team I built with the Scarf Zapdos + something that could bluff Scarf. Scarf Zapdos can potentially lure Weav and Ash-Gren for M-Latias, Heat Wave + Superpower Ebelt Torn-T lures some of M-Latias checks (Ttar, Maw, Heatran, M-Scizor...) while providing Defog support for Zapdos. LO Clef was added as an another way to chip M-Mawile, since if I were using lefts Clef, M-Mawile could get free turns everytime on it. Gastro was added to check Ash-Gren and Zam and for the last slot Z-Zen Headbutt Jirachi can lure Toxapex for the team while bluffing Scarf:

184 Atk Jirachi Shattered Psyche (160 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Toxapex: 288-338 (94.7 - 111.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock and Black Sludge recovery

More standard-ish team with a little twist: Secret Power Lop. Secret Power + Grassy Terrain has a 30% chance of putting something to sleep (w/o terrain still has 30% chance to paralyze), which can be quite useful for turning a potential check into fodder.

Basically a common sand team with this interesting Exca set. I think I saw it being used by Tricking/Bro kappa (can't rly remember) and it really caught my eyes to build something with it so I paired it Ttar obviously and with Mega-Zam, since it appreciates a lot Celesteela being weakened, with EBall Zam to help more vs rain.

I made it while trying to build something cool with Hydreigon, coming up with the forgotten (at least in OU) Z-Belch Hydra, which lures Fini for Ash-Gren. Soft Sand Lando-T was added because it helps luring greedy toxapexs that might stay in either by thinking it is scarf or if at full health, think that they can tank one EQ and fish for burn and then added Scarf Serp since most people would expect scarf lando, Z-Serp (when they don't see lefts) and Metronome Hydra. It is also a decent utility revenge killer. This M-Latias set was the one that ABR used in one of his teams, and Toxic is an interesting tech since u can actually check Mega-Swampert with it while also being useful in some other scenarios like preventing something like M-Charizard from sweeping.

252 Atk Soft Sand Landorus-Therian Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Toxapex: 294-348 (96.7 - 114.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock and Black Sludge recovery

This is a more serious team that I built to play vs Twixtry for seasonal and I liked it, but unfortunately I got outplayed and lost even tho I kinda got the match up I wanted with it. NP Hoopa is a really powerful breaker and can be really hard for most fat teams to handle, something that I expected my opponent to bring. I paired it with Ash-Gren because they share common checks, so Hoopa could weaken then to Gren finally overwhelm them. I originally was Z-Psychic Hoopa to break through stuff like Fini easier but opted for Fightnium because stuff like AV Gearna could be annoying. Zapdos basically was there to check Tana/Torn-T and potentially para them, Fini as my Ash-Gren check, with Hydro Pump to hurt greedy heatrans while also preventing Mawile from getting much wallbreaking opportunities and Yache Lando because I was weak to Koko

Lastly, the infamous triple fire team that was used by some Brazilians in ST and also used by Empo in OLT with some changes. I created it to use in a Brazilian tournament wanting to take advantage of how most teams actually were kinda weak to fire types. I originally had the standard Char-Y set + some weird TR Metronome Tini (which was an emergency way of speed control, since this team is somewhat slow) but after scrolling through Char-Y moveset I saw Tailwind and thought about how it could be good for helping Victini spamming V-Create while also helping with speed. Dropping Solar Beam isn't much of a problem since the other two fires pressure Fini a lot and Kommo-o can potentially lure it. Since I'm using those three fire types, it was nearly impossible to cover all the things defensively so it can sometimes be overwhelmed by other offensive teams. This Kommo-o set was the one that Ojama created afaik, which can lure Toxapex and Fini. Jolly prob is better since you outspeed Mega-Zam at +1, but now it doesn't have a guaranteed kill at +1 vs Pex. Toxic is used on Rotom's last slot because w/o it M-Latias can be really hard to deal with.

Bonus:

Meme-ish team that I built with the idea of Guzz knocking Fini for Ash-Gren, but it turned into an ass team that I decided to put some whack pokes in it. It actually can work sometimes on ladder if you don't take it too serious (s/o Ash KetchumGamer and mncmt for laddering with this dogshit) and is fun to see people raging @ vileplume lmao.

It was the first time I make a long ass post like that so I hope u guys enjoy the teams, may updated if I come with another heat before USM ends

s/o BoA gang

Last edited:
Drapion Semi Stall
:sm/slowbro-mega: :sm/amoonguss: :sm/skarmory: :sm/drapion: :sm/clefable: :sm/tornadus-therian:
(click on sprites for team)

The point of Drapion is to serve a similarish role to Alolan Muk while being able to outspeed more pokemon in exchange for special bulk. I Ev'd drapion to outspeed and ohko banded bulu and I basically threw the rest in to spdef and hp for the bulk. Assault vest is self explanatory, same thing as muk, screw with psychics like zam, latias, reuniclus among others. Drapion has more physdef than muk so thats nice but I really havent messed around with this enough to know if I should spec into it at all. This team probably really isnt that great in the grand scheme of things and would love some suggestions. I've considered doing an rmt on it, but the team is probably not good enough to do yet. Not sure about clef, maybe chansey would be better? maybe toxic on skarm? Eh idk, definitely need some help on this one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)