Resource Ultra SM OU Bazaar

Huge team dump of all my current meta teams. Can't say theyre all good because quite a few haven't been tested. Let me know if you want a team explantation, I can't be arsed to write like 50 team explanations.

Mega Building Challenge: https://pokepast.es/0f912ff7575d840e (39 teams)
I tried to build a viable team around every Mega usable in OU

Others: https://pokepast.es/9b0c946ffd24fa9e (10 teams)
Just some other teams I've made over the past 10 weeks. Trying some new concepts and set ideas

A 1600 Scrub's legacy

I quit this game a good while ago but recently came back for a casual ladder climb and got decently far for a washed up player like me. Since that's the case i thought i might as well share some of the nonsense in my team builder. Short descriptions for each team will be provided in their respective pokepaste.

~Bulky Offense Teams~

Elec-Z Kyurem BO

(https://pokepast.es/9dab8938d324c79b)

Zard X + Ash Gren BO

(https://pokepast.es/436ab990ba823c71)

Sciz + Volc BO (the best one for sure)

(
https://pokepast.es/be7b9a9b68c827b1)

~Balance Teams~

Grass + Reuni Balance

(https://pokepast.es/d0fccdc2fd8228f6)

Ditto Anti Cheese

(https://pokepast.es/158620040bb5e85f)

Semi-Trick Room in SM (the coolest one)

(https://pokepast.es/1adf7d6669e33dc6
)

~Some Horrible Replays~

probably lucked in all of my games but here ya go~

Attachments

Last edited:

bigtalk

Banned deucer.
Another stall team, please enjoy :)

Mega Venusaur Stall

• Mega Venusaur can take on a lot of threats to stall in the current meta, including Kartana/Bulu, Keldeo, Mega Mawile, Tapu Fini, etc. I thought it would be an interesting pick over Mega Sableye on a stall team.
  • Zapdos was the first partner I chose as it is a very reliable answer to Flying-types that trouble Venusaur like Mega Pinsir, Tornadus, Hawlucha, Z-Fly Lando, etc. and it cannot get trapped by Magnezone. It can also Defog to remove hazards, which is particularly important because Venusaur doesn't get access to Regenerator.
  • Gliscor forms a double defog core with Zapdos, taking on threats that the other two are unable to beat such as Heatran and Tyranitar. It provides another ground immunity for the team, and acts as a status absorber so that Zapdos doesn't have to risk Scald burns from Toxapex, for example.
  • Specially defensive Magearna covers Venusaur's Psychic-type weakness. Thanks to its typing, it soft-checks Tapu Lele and Hoopa-U which can be extremely threatening to stall. Heart Swap allows it to steal boosts from setup sweepers such as Reuniclus, Clefable, Mega Alakazam, Mega Latias, and CM+Pain Split Magearna. It also cures status for the team with Heal Bell; Z-Heal Bell makes up for its lack of recovery by providing a one-time full restoration of health.
  • Chansey, because what stall team doesn't have Chansey. It sets rocks and provides Wish support to make up for Venusaur/Magearna's subpar recovery options and vulnerability to hazards.
  • Slowbro is a perfect fit in the last slot. It provides a bulky water to deal with Charizard X and Mega Swampert (as Venusaur lacks a Grass-type move, and Synthesis recovers less under the rain), and a bulky psychic that can reliably switch into Mega Medicham. If healthy enough, it can also scout what Specs Tapu Lele is locked into to ease pressure on Magearna and Chansey.

Last edited:
Another stall team, please enjoy :)

Mega Venusaur Stall

• Mega Venusaur can take on a lot of threats to stall in the current meta, including Kartana/Bulu, Keldeo, Mega Mawile, Tapu Fini, etc. I thought it would be an interesting pick over Mega Sableye on a stall team.
  • Zapdos was the first partner I chose as it is a very reliable answer to Flying-types that trouble Venusaur like Mega Pinsir, Tornadus, Hawlucha, Z-Fly Lando, etc. and it cannot get trapped by Magnezone. It can also Defog to remove hazards, which is particularly important because Venusaur doesn't get access to Regenerator.
  • Gliscor forms a double defog core with Zapdos, taking on threats that the other two are unable to beat such as Heatran and Tyranitar. It provides another ground immunity for the team, and acts as a status absorber so that Zapdos doesn't have to risk Scald burns from Toxapex, for example.
  • Specially defensive Magearna covers Venusaur's Psychic-type weakness. Thanks to its typing, it soft-checks Tapu Lele and Hoopa-U which can be extremely threatening to stall. Heart Swap allows it to steal boosts from setup sweepers such as Reuniclus, Clefable, Mega Alakazam, Mega Latias, and CM+Pain Split Magearna. It also cures status for the team with Heal Bell; Z-Heal Bell makes up for its lack of recovery by providing a one-time full restoration of health.
  • Chansey, because what stall team doesn't have Chansey. It sets rocks and provides Wish support to make up for Venusaur/Magearna's subpar recovery options and vulnerability to hazards.
  • Slowbro is a perfect fit in the last slot. It provides a bulky water to deal with Charizard X and Mega Swampert (as Venusaur lacks a Grass-type move, and Synthesis recovers less under the rain), and a bulky psychic that can reliably switch into Mega Medicham. If healthy enough, it can also scout what Specs Tapu Lele is locked into to ease pressure on Magearna and Chansey.
Pretty cool team, just a few notes though...

What's the SpD on Venusaur for? If it doesn't allow Venusaur to check something that the rest of the team can't, I'd put it in defense. You want as much defense as possible for the various physical threats it will be switching in on. I don't know why you have ice beam on Slowbro, and you don't explain why; it could be replaced with psyshock to check Keldeo. I can't imagine Fini can break Venusaur without those EVs, but Magearna can check it anyway.

Gliscor is a poor choice for a Heatran check. Even if you move you Def EVs to SpD, Heatran can OHKO you with Inferno Overdrive. I've had the experience of switching my Gliscor in on Heatran just to have it OHKOed by Inferno Overdrive.

You could use Hydreigon over Gliscor, you only lose the psuedo-immunity to status of gliscor. Hydreigon can check SR Tyranitar and Heatran, and it also patches up your glaring weakness to sub cm Blace.

bigtalk

Banned deucer.
What's the SpD on Venusaur for? If it doesn't allow Venusaur to check something that the rest of the team can't, I'd put it in defense. You want as much defense as possible for the various physical threats it will be switching in on. I don't know why you have ice beam on Slowbro, and you don't explain why; it could be replaced with psyshock to check Keldeo. I can't imagine Fini can break Venusaur without those EVs, but Magearna can check it anyway.
I copied the Venusaur EVs from here, they let it survive 2 Dark Pulses from Greninja after Stealth Rock. I think it's reasonable to have a backup check to Ash-Greninja in case Chansey is overwhelmed, since 4/6 members of the team lose to it. Ice Beam on Slowbro is part of the standard set, it lets it reliably check threats such as Swords Dance Garchomp/Landorus-T rather than needing to fish for Scald burns. Psyshock is really only useful for Keldeo (/perhaps opposing Mega Venusaur), and any Keldeo set besides CM+Taunt is shut down by Mega Venusaur anyway.
Gliscor is a poor choice for a Heatran check. Even if you move you Def EVs to SpD, Heatran can OHKO you with Inferno Overdrive. I've had the experience of switching my Gliscor in on Heatran just to have it OHKOed by Inferno Overdrive.
Actually, Gliscor is one of the best checks to Heatran because it's immune to status (a biggie, Heatran usually carries Toxic/Lava Plume to cripple its checks). Although it's not Fire-resistant, it can simply Roost off the damage Heatran does to it as the Tran user is forced out. The specially defensive set with Leftovers is much more common than the Z-move one; if it is Z-move, that means it's not Leftovers & therefore can be worn down a lot easier by Chansey/Slowbro.

Fusion Flare

i have hired this cat to stare at you
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
I copied the Venusaur EVs from here, they let it survive 2 Dark Pulses from Greninja after Stealth Rock. I think it's reasonable to have a backup check to Ash-Greninja in case Chansey is overwhelmed, since 4/6 members of the team lose to it. Ice Beam on Slowbro is part of the standard set, it lets it reliably check threats such as Swords Dance Garchomp/Landorus-T rather than needing to fish for Scald burns. Psyshock is really only useful for Keldeo (/perhaps opposing Mega Venusaur), and any Keldeo set besides CM+Taunt is shut down by Mega Venusaur anyway.

Actually, Gliscor is one of the best checks to Heatran because it's immune to status (a biggie, Heatran usually carries Toxic/Lava Plume to cripple its checks). Although it's not Fire-resistant, it can simply Roost off the damage Heatran does to it as the Tran user is forced out. The specially defensive set with Leftovers is much more common than the Z-move one; if it is Z-move, that means it's not Leftovers & therefore can be worn down a lot easier by Chansey/Slowbro.
You should still place hydreigon on ur team

bigtalk

Banned deucer.
Datsplashtho Yes it does lose to ttar.

252 SpA Hydreigon Earth Power vs. 168 HP / 0 SpD Tyranitar-Mega in Sand: 110-130 (28.7 - 33.9%) -- 0.7% chance to 3HKO
252+ Atk Tyranitar-Mega Stone Edge vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Hydreigon: 234-276 (72 - 84.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after sandstorm damage

Datsplashtho Yes it does lose to ttar.

252 SpA Hydreigon Earth Power vs. 168 HP / 0 SpD Tyranitar-Mega in Sand: 110-130 (28.7 - 33.9%) -- 0.7% chance to 3HKO
252+ Atk Tyranitar-Mega Stone Edge vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Hydreigon: 234-276 (72 - 84.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after sandstorm damage
I think the calc you want is:
252+ Atk Choice Band Tyranitar Stone Edge vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Hydreigon: 300-354 (92.3 - 108.9%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO after sandstorm damage

Also Slowbro or Hydre are both fine Heatran checks if you give Mage or Chansey Heal Bell (and allocate some SpDef on Slowbro). Added SpDef makes Slowbro a better Lele check as well at the expense of giving Kyu-B and Medicham better odds.

It is true that this team loses to Tyranitar pretty much flat-out, but that's true of many stall teams unless they pack M-Aggron or Hippowdon or something. In that case, Magearna can be used to eat Crunch and Stone Edge, and you'll just have to hope that you don't face a DD one.

Overall the lack of support against generic setup attackers is a weakness on this team. If anything, I'd suggest trying to fit Unaware Clefable in to check DD Tar, Garchomp, SD Bulu, CM Lele, PuP Lopunny, and other random shit the meta might throw at you. Clef also does a good job at checking SD Lando, who might pack Rock-Z for Zapdos.

bigtalk

Banned deucer.
It is true that this team loses to Tyranitar pretty much flat-out, but that's true of many stall teams unless they pack M-Aggron or Hippowdon or something. In that case, Magearna can be used to eat Crunch and Stone Edge, and you'll just have to hope that you don't face a DD one.

Overall the lack of support against generic setup attackers is a weakness on this team. If anything, I'd suggest trying to fit Unaware Clefable in to check DD Tar, Garchomp, SD Bulu, CM Lele, PuP Lopunny, and other random shit the meta might throw at you. Clef also does a good job at checking SD Lando, who might pack Rock-Z for Zapdos.
Appreciate the feedback but all of the threats you mentioned are in fact covered by the team. Gliscor deals with bandtar quite comfortably; it is able to PP stall Stone Edge because of how Roost works. Slowbro survives a +2 Continental Crush from Garchomp/Landorus and 2 hits from a +1 Lopunny. Bulu/Lele are walled by Venusaur/Magearna, respectively.

Last edited:
Gliscor needs to be considerably healthy to safely switch in on branded stone edge. I also didn't realize just how fragile Hydreigon was (I assumed you'd use a bulkier spread, but it'd still be 2HKOed). You could use superpower, but it'd still be a mediocre check like Gliscor because it can't safely switch in after a bit of chip damage.

That said, you could use an alternate spread on Venusaur of 252HP/156Def/100Spe to outspeed and check Tyranitar. You don't need the SpD to check Greninja if you use Hydreigon (which can also defog Gren's spikes).

Yeah, keep ice beam on Slowbro lol

Mawile-Mega @ Mawilite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 92 HP / 252 Atk / 164 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Knock Off
- Thunder Punch
- Fire Fang

Greninja-Ash @ Choice Specs
Ability: Battle Bond
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Water Shuriken
- Ice Beam

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Stealth Rock
- Power Whip

Rotom-Wash @ Iapapa Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Defog

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 80 HP / 148 Atk / 84 Def / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Explosion

Heatran @ Firium Z
Ability: Flash Fire
Modest Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Taunt
- Toxic

Hello everyone! First time I post here I don't know if it's the right place but I just wanted to share my team and ask for potential advice to refine it.
I'm just coming back to Pokemon Showdown a bit, with not too much background on it anyway, and I wanted to build on OU team with some Pokemon that I like and are still strong in the metagame.

The team is some sort of Bulky Offense centered around Mawile-Mega and Ash-Greninja with a defensive core that I enjoy a lot with Ferrothorn and Rotom-W.
Overall my feeling is that the team is pretty Balanced and works well most of the time, with an overall good defensive and offensive type coverage. When I loose I kinda feel like it's mostly due to my lack of experience or simple missplays but I'm wondering if you guys think some of the sets should be changed (or even switching mons, even though I like those).

I initially started with Mawile-Mega SD + Sucker Punch, alongside Protean Greninja (Waterium-Z, U-Turn, HP Fire, Spikes) and SpD Heatran. But I felt like running out of options and lacking some punch so I switched to the current sets. I even left Sucker Punch aside on Mawile because I felt like it was underwhelming without SD, and Ash-Gren already brings a priority move.
I'm not running Spikes on Ash-Gren because I don't feel like having too much opening for it so I just went with Ice Beam coverage.
SpD Heatran was doing ok to set up Rocks but felt a bit underwhelming and I'm enjoying the Firium-Z / Trapper variant a lot more.
Therefore my Ferro ends up carrying both entry hazards, which seems fine even though I liked the option of Thunder-Wave as a tech move to punish pokemons setting up on him.
I prefer running Berry than Leftovers on Rotom-W when using it as a Defoger because it lacks Pain Split for burst heal.
Finally, Scarf Lando made sense to make sure I'm not too much in trouble against fast mons like Alakazam-Mega and it's a good complement to my defensive type coverage as well.

Anyway, I'm open to any suggestion and looking forward to your answers guys. Thanks!

Gliscor needs to be considerably healthy to safely switch in on branded stone edge. I also didn't realize just how fragile Hydreigon was (I assumed you'd use a bulkier spread, but it'd still be 2HKOed). You could use superpower, but it'd still be a mediocre check like Gliscor because it can't safely switch in after a bit of chip damage.

That said, you could use an alternate spread on Venusaur of 252HP/156Def/100Spe to outspeed and check Tyranitar. You don't need the SpD to check Greninja if you use Hydreigon (which can also defog Gren's spikes).

Yeah, keep ice beam on Slowbro lol
But It still wont do enough versus Tyranitar and it cant heal (and stall) versus Banded Edge properly, as the sand limits the recovery via synthesis, or am I overlooking something?

The only fear with Gliscor is if Band Tar carries Ice Punch (I've maybe seen this once ever) or if you send Gliscor in against DD + Ice Punch Tyranitar. In this team's case, the latter means you're pretty much guaranteed to take an L because Tar can dance again and OHKO everything on the team.

bigtalk

Banned deucer.
The only fear with Gliscor is if Band Tar carries Ice Punch (I've maybe seen this once ever) or if you send Gliscor in against DD + Ice Punch Tyranitar. In this team's case, the latter means you're pretty much guaranteed to take an L because Tar can dance again and OHKO everything on the team.
It's a definitely a threat but doesn't OHKO everything on the team. I just faced one this morning and managed to PP stall it out of Stone Edge so it couldn't touch Slowbro. (replay)

bigtalk

Banned deucer.
Sparkaz If you're looking for feedback on your team then you should post in the RMT forum. Personally, I think it looks very solid for a first team, but it's very weak to fighting types such as Medicham. You have triple steel and Lando is your only fighting resist; it folds to Ice Punch. You can consider a Mew over Ferrothorn/Heatran.

But It still wont do enough versus Tyranitar and it cant heal (and stall) versus Banded Edge properly, as the sand limits the recovery via synthesis, or am I overlooking something?
I'm the one overlooking something (sand). I forgot how bad synthesis is, as well as sand damage. TTar is definitely hard to check on stall if you don't have Quagsire. I haven't used Gliscor as a TTar check, so maybe it's a more solid check than I give it credit for.

bigtalk

Banned deucer.
Hey all, I built 2 more stall teams that I feel obliged to share here. (Been having a stall fetish lately, idk why) I'm currently about 1670 on the ladder with the second one, but I feel like both are pretty solid.

Xatuday Noon

Xatu gets a movepool full of interesting utility options such as Wish, Refresh, Haze, and U-turn. Not to mention, its ability Magic Bounce coupled with full physdef investment allows it to deflect hazards from common setters, such as Ferrothorn and defensive Landorus. I built this team to see how it would fare on stall.

Volcarona was the first partner I chose, as I wanted something that would take full advantage of the Magic Bounce support provided by Xatu. It is able to take care of threats like Kyurem-B, Mega Mawile, and Kartana, all of which threaten Xatu. Next, defensive Mega Altaria was added; it covers the former two's weakness to the likes of Ash-Greninja, Mega Gyarados, etc. and it can use Defog to remove hazards from Heatran and Ash-Greninja.

At this point, I needed checks to Tapu Lele and Mega Pinsir. I also needed them to fit in one slot, because the fifth slot was gonna be some kind of bulky water to deal with Charizard X et al. and the sixth was going to be Chansey. Hence I added Celesteela, which is the only mon that checks both courtesy of its Steel-typing and immunity to Earthquake.

I chose Quagsire for the bulky water, as it also gives us a Volt Switch immunity/rock resist for Ttar and a blanket check to setup sweepers via Unaware. Chansey provides a Chansey, and it is the rocker/Heal Bell user for this team.

"Rain Offense"

You'll notice that this stall team lacks a Chansey. That's because Mantine is basically Chansey with a better typing; it has amazing special bulk that allows it to wall threats like Ash-Greninja, Keldeo, Mega Charizard Y and Blacephalon. Additionally, it is a good defog user, being able to remove Greninja's Spikes as well as rocks from defensive Lando. The first partner I chose for it was Gliscor, as its status-absorbing capabilities allow it to deal with Toxapex/Heatran/Chansey carrying Toxic, and it can also defog vs. Tyranitar lacking an Ice-type move. Volcarona completes the triple defog core, as it can defog vs. Ferrothorn/Skarmory; it also brings significant defensive utility to the team as a check to Kyurem-B, Mega Mawile, and Kartana. (It's holding a Z-crystal as opposed to Leftovers so it takes less Knock Off damage from Kartana/Mawile/Weavile/Scizor; otherwise, CB Kart's Knock can easily 2HKO it.)

Now I wanted something to deal with Charizard X. Mantine doesn't quite fit the bill albeit resisting Ground/Fire, since it has poor physdef; Dragon Claw sets will easily overwhelm it. A ground type (one not quad-weak to HP Ice) was also needed to cover its Rock- and Electric- weaknesses. I decided to go with Mega Swampert over Hippo/Quag, because it can set rocks, has better special bulk, doesn't stack weaknesses with Gliscor, and has better offensive presence making it harder to take advantage of. (It is also unbelievably fat with full physdef investment-- see calcs below)

Clefable provides great role compression, being able to switch in to Fighting-, Dark- and Dragon-type attacks and giving teammates cleric support via Wish / Heal Bell. Celesteela patches up the remaining vulnerabilities in the team, namely to Tapu Lele and Mega Pinsir.
Physical
  • +1 252 Atk Tough Claws Charizard-Mega-X Dragon Claw vs. 252 HP / 244+ Def Swampert-Mega: 174-205 (43 - 50.7%) -- 2.3% chance to 2HKO
  • 252 Atk Choice Band Victini V-create vs. 252 HP / 244+ Def Swampert-Mega: 124-147 (30.6 - 36.3%) -- 59.3% chance to 3HKO
  • 252 Atk burned Kartana Leaf Blade vs. 252 HP / 244+ Def Swampert-Mega: 258-306 (63.8 - 75.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
  • 252 Atk Choice Band Hoopa-Unbound Hyperspace Fury vs. 252 HP / 244+ Def Swampert-Mega: 195-229 (48.2 - 56.6%) -- 89.1% chance to 2HKO
  • 252+ Atk Huge Power Mawile-Mega Play Rough vs. 252 HP / 244+ Def Swampert-Mega: 189-223 (46.7 - 55.1%) -- 69.5% chance to 2HKO
  • +2 252 Atk Aerilate Pinsir-Mega Return vs. 252 HP / 244+ Def Swampert-Mega: 307-363 (75.9 - 89.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
  • +2 252 Atk Sand Force Garchomp-Mega Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 244+ Def Swampert-Mega in Sand: 352-415 (87.1 - 102.7%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO
Special
  • 252 SpA Choice Specs Tapu Koko Dazzling Gleam vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Swampert-Mega: 145-172 (35.8 - 42.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
  • 252 SpA Tapu Koko Grass Knot (100 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Swampert-Mega: 324-384 (80.1 - 95%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
  • 252+ SpA Choice Specs Tapu Lele Psychic vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Swampert-Mega in Psychic Terrain: 336-396 (83.1 - 98%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Last edited:
Hey all, I built 2 more stall teams that I feel obliged to share here. (Been having a stall fetish lately, idk why) I'm currently about 1670 on the ladder with the second one, but I feel like both are pretty solid.

Xatuday Noon

Xatu gets a movepool full of interesting utility options such as Wish, Refresh, Haze, and U-turn. Not to mention, its ability Magic Bounce coupled with full physdef investment allows it to deflect hazards from common setters, such as Ferrothorn and defensive Landorus. I built this team to see how it would fare on stall.

Volcarona was the first partner I chose, as I wanted something that would take full advantage of the Magic Bounce support provided by Xatu. It is able to take care of threats like Kyurem-B, Mega Mawile, and Kartana, all of which threaten Xatu. Next, defensive Mega Altaria was added; it covers the former two's weakness to the likes of Ash-Greninja, Mega Gyarados, etc. and it can use Defog to remove hazards from Heatran and Ash-Greninja.

At this point, I needed checks to Tapu Lele and Mega Pinsir. I also needed them to fit in one slot, because the fifth slot was gonna be some kind of bulky water to deal with Charizard X et al. and the sixth was going to be Chansey. Hence I added Celesteela, which is the only mon that checks both courtesy of its Steel-typing and immunity to Earthquake.

I chose Quagsire for the bulky water, as it also gives us a Volt Switch immunity/rock resist for Ttar and a blanket check to setup sweepers via Unaware. Chansey provides a Chansey, and it is the rocker/Heal Bell user for this team.

"Rain Offense"

You'll notice that this stall team lacks a Chansey. That's because Mantine is basically Chansey with a better typing; it has amazing special bulk that allows it to wall threats like Ash-Greninja, Keldeo, Mega Charizard Y and Blacephalon. Additionally, it is a good defog user, being able to remove Greninja's Spikes as well as rocks from defensive Lando. The first partner I chose for it was Gliscor, as its status-absorbing capabilities allow it to deal with Toxapex/Heatran/Chansey carrying Toxic, and it can also defog vs. Tyranitar lacking an Ice-type move. Volcarona completes the triple defog core, as it can defog vs. Ferrothorn/Skarmory; it also brings significant defensive utility to the team as a check to Kyurem-B, Mega Mawile, and Kartana. (It's holding a Z-crystal as opposed to Leftovers so it takes less Knock Off damage from Kartana/Mawile/Weavile/Scizor; otherwise, CB Kart's Knock can easily 2HKO it.)

Now I wanted something to deal with Charizard X. Mantine doesn't quite fit the bill albeit resisting Ground/Fire, since it has poor physdef; Dragon Claw sets will easily overwhelm it. A ground type (one not quad-weak to HP Ice) was also needed to cover its Rock- and Electric- weaknesses. I decided to go with Mega Swampert over Hippo/Quag, because it can set rocks, has better special bulk, doesn't stack weaknesses with Gliscor, and has better offensive presence making it harder to take advantage of. (It is also unbelievably fat with full physdef investment-- see calcs below)

Clefable provides great role compression, being able to switch in to Fighting-, Dark- and Dragon-type attacks and giving teammates cleric support via Wish / Heal Bell. Celesteela patches up the remaining vulnerabilities in the team, namely to Tapu Lele and Mega Pinsir.
Physical
  • +1 252 Atk Tough Claws Charizard-Mega-X Dragon Claw vs. 252 HP / 244+ Def Swampert-Mega: 174-205 (43 - 50.7%) -- 2.3% chance to 2HKO
  • 252 Atk Choice Band Victini V-create vs. 252 HP / 244+ Def Swampert-Mega: 124-147 (30.6 - 36.3%) -- 59.3% chance to 3HKO
  • 252 Atk burned Kartana Leaf Blade vs. 252 HP / 244+ Def Swampert-Mega: 258-306 (63.8 - 75.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
  • 252 Atk Choice Band Hoopa-Unbound Hyperspace Fury vs. 252 HP / 244+ Def Swampert-Mega: 195-229 (48.2 - 56.6%) -- 89.1% chance to 2HKO
  • 252+ Atk Huge Power Mawile-Mega Play Rough vs. 252 HP / 244+ Def Swampert-Mega: 189-223 (46.7 - 55.1%) -- 69.5% chance to 2HKO
  • +2 252 Atk Aerilate Pinsir-Mega Return vs. 252 HP / 244+ Def Swampert-Mega: 307-363 (75.9 - 89.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
  • +2 252 Atk Sand Force Garchomp-Mega Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 244+ Def Swampert-Mega in Sand: 352-415 (87.1 - 102.7%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO
Special
  • 252 SpA Choice Specs Tapu Koko Dazzling Gleam vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Swampert-Mega: 145-172 (35.8 - 42.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
  • 252 SpA Tapu Koko Grass Knot (100 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Swampert-Mega: 324-384 (80.1 - 95%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
  • 252+ SpA Choice Specs Tapu Lele Psychic vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Swampert-Mega in Psychic Terrain: 336-396 (83.1 - 98%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
I'm not one to play stall but I can really appreciate the thought, synergy, and effort put into these teams. I really like the way you utilize Volcarona on stall, I think it's innovative and has a deceptively nice long-term gameplan vs its typical counters. Something I would consider is running rest, potentially sleep talk, on the mega swampert? I've run into this once before and it's actually deceptively hard to break, especially with Volcarona + Celesteela to wall grass types and a heal bell user in Clefable. The set I ran into was dual stab + resttalk but it's just a thought, I can see that it'll be hard to remove defog on something like Gliscor for that team.

Anyway, I've recently gotten back into playing some OU now that my exams are finished. OU ladder can be a homogeneous sea sometimes so I wanted to build around some powerful/unconventional/(okay, I'll just say it) bad sets or mons. Turns out they're deceptively effective though so if you want something fresh, go ahead and try em out!

as-ORAS-as-it-gets Keldeo Offense

Really basic FWG offense but with a specs Keldeo instead of an Ash Gren. The extra bulk, more useful defensive typing, and higher immediate power made me wanna try Keldeo out. I figured that no matter what team support I add, Pex will be a problem. So I paired it with the hardest Pex punisher in OU, Mega Alakazam. From there I added hazard stack cause Zam + Spikes is timelessly broken, and followed natural team construction for bulky offense. Steelium Heatran can bop Mega Latis and opposing Zam which is super useful for Keldeo. Depending on what is most common on ladder, the last coverage move on Keldeo can be adjusted accordingly. I just went with focus blast to beat down the Rotom-Wash influx.

Kommo-o + Victini Voltturn

Guess the Band user. If you guessed Victini, you're wrong! I decided to build a team around Bandorus for shits and giggles, until I realized that Balance/Stall doesn't really have good switch-ins that can take the beating over the course of a game. Banded u-turn with knock wears down conventional switch-ins over the course of a game especially when rocks+spikes and Rotom-W give no room to recover up. I went with poison jab Kommo-o to lure and check Bulu which could be a pain for the team, and then filled out a fire-water-grass with Victini alongside Ferrothorn. Mixed Scarf Victini is really nice to clean games without always resorting to stat drops, and can pick off a scarf lando by hitting the lower spdef (Bandorus lures opposing Lando anyway by removing the Scarf while doing half lol). It also appreciates 4/6 mons beating Heatran for extra insurance in that matchup.

Abomasnow Offense

A friend of mine is really into Abomasnow right now, and I figured I might as well channel my inner Ktutverde to build around this lol. Abomasnow is actually a huge albeit prediction-reliant threat to balance atm, punishing conventional ice resists like Pex/Magearna/Heatran with 2hko's or ohko's from an earthquake. Hail's utility is also so underrated, switching in a Celesteela or Ferrothorn can result in losing half your HP from a Blizzard and the hail chip. I paired it with Ash Gren because these two wear down similar checks real fast, while Aboma abuses Tangrowth/Pex spam by switching in for mostly free. SD chomp gives another wallbreaker alongside Aboma and baits HP ices for Aboma to switch into for free, while soft checking fire types. Rotom gives another consistent Fire check (you really wanna double up on those when running Aboma), and then stallbreaker Magearna + Scarf Victini gives a good Lele gameplan.

building workshop team notice me

Some bad 1700 BO squad (+ a mini teamdump)
Yo, it's your favorite trash-tier teambuilder coming at you with yet another terrible BO team that you can copy to lose points with. This time i even brought back an ORAS set just for good measure.

Pursuit Scizor + Calm Mind Keldeo BO

For this team i decided to build around pursuit scizor since i saw some value in a bulky pivot that provides U-turn priority and of course pursuit to deal with many powerful threats such as mega zam, choice locked hoopa-u, choice locked lele, non heatwave torn-t, mega-lati etc. Since most fighting types that could abuse such qualities are megas themselves i figured keldeo is the way to go. Because keldeo needs help to break through teams i added heatran as both a defensive partner to scizor and a wallbreaker for keldeo, together these 2 can be a serious threat to most stalls and defensive cores but keldeo itself is also a decent answer to offense. The rest of the team is the basic BO glue just that lando can afford to run scarf this time since heatran already provides rocks. lando provides speed control, rotom-w clears hazards and keeps heatran in check and magearna further walls psychics and ash gren. Both rotom and magearna are further backed up on their defensive roles by keldeo.

Enough talk just steal this:
(https://pokepast.es/12bb5c0b05c696b7)

~Obligatory bad replays~

Some bonus teams
Due to the great reception on my last post i feel bad to provide you guys with only 1 trash-squad so here have a couple more!
Dual weather balance

This is the classic Zard Y + T-Tar type team but this time featuring kommo-o. This is a very bulky and strong squad, AV T-Tar basically walls all psychic types and cleans them with pursuit which Kommo-o and Zar-Y heavily benefit from. Kommo-o frees Tyranitar of running rocks and can run amok after Zard Y is done wallbreaking. Excadrill abuses sand and likes Zard Y's ability to reset sand turns in return it provides an alternative way to remove hazards for it, aside from that it can easily clean late game and provides another win con together with kommo-o. Rotom + Ferro is the defensive core with rotom providing another ground immunity and defog and Ferro Providing an ash gren answer and spikes.

The issues with this team are lack of speed control (your only fast mon is exca in sand) and the lack of a solid pex answer (your best bet is to chip it with t-tar and then force it out or kill it with exca) so keep these in mind

(https://pokepast.es/2c013cd591606790)

Bad Screens HO

I really do mean BAD on this one. Not too much thought process went into this and i basically only used this on the low ladder to cheese some points and test out my most hated playstyle. The basic strat was to get up screens and then set up on basically anything with t-tar since it's so fat. If that fails your lead also sets up for Hawlucha and even after that you get 2 more tries with mag + kommo-o. Pretty sure this gets mono-walled by pex so use it with cautiong

(https://pokepast.es/b4f6646cc4613c2a)

Charizard-Y Cheese

This basically chansey offense but taken to another extreme with the addition of skarm. These 2 together wall like half of the entire meta game and regulate hazards for Charizard. Zard-Y is here to break through the entire meta except toxapex but for that reason trapping azu is it's main partner. Trapping azu acts as an additional heatran switch in and it kills Charizard's main counter toxapex, it also gets rid of dangerous grass types like kartana and bulu for chansey and skarm. Lando just acts as speed control but can also scare out toxapex. Bisharp is here to punish defogs since chansey + skarm can put on some decent hazard pressure and it further helps to break through or dent pokemon that Charizard couldn't do so alone. If both Charizard and Bisharp die the game will devolve into you basically playing stall but since the opponents team should be heavily damaged by that point this position is likely still favorable.

This is mostly just a gimmick squad so again use it with caution

(https://pokepast.es/6ab841bd4fc7a37a)

~Proof off "Peak"~ (Peak in quotations since 1700 really ain't high)

Afterthoughts
Overall the team did surprisingly well and i believe with some tweaking this team could climb even higher since it does have answers to a lot of common threats. Pursuit Scizor has proven itself to be a fine mon however even i'm not ignorant enough to say that it's not worse than it's regular sd counterpart since that one is it's own win condition on top of being a bulky pivot. However i will say that it has an edge over the other pursuit users those being t-tar and weavile. It basically combines the bulk of t-tar and the priority of weavile and adds u-turn to help pivoting (though it lacks the power of both so it obviously doesn't outclass them by any means)

I was almost about to submit the Keldeo + Scizor team to the rmt forums to get some advice on how to optimize it but i figured i won't be doing that since i won't use this team (or any team for that matter) to continue on my ladder climb. This is because i'm sick and tired of facing HO all day and everyday since that's the only thing you'll ever get to play against past the fourteen hundred ladder. Oh yeah right there's also Stall and Rain, how refreshing.

The point is: I truly believe this team could have peaked higher after some optimization but i'm not going to attempt this since playing HO over and over is a very exhausting experience to say the least. Also i choke like half my games as is which doesn't help.

Last edited:
Hey all, been ahwile since I last posted, gonna be doing a quick dump of some of the most fun teams I've had over the last couple of months. I played all of them somewhere in the 1700-1900 range.
SleepTalk Aggron HO

Ninetales-Alola @ Light Clay
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hail
- Aurora Veil
- Safeguard
- Freeze-Dry

Aggron-Mega @ Aggronite
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Curse
- Heavy Slam
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Landorus-Therian @ Focus Sash
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Explosion
- Rock Tomb

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 8 HP / 4 Def / 244 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon
- Volt Switch

Snorlax @ Normalium Z
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 192 HP / 252 Atk / 64 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Curse
- Earthquake
- Double-Edge
- Rest

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Knock Off

Sleeptalk aggron used to be one of my favorite sets when i was starting on showdown; the thing flat-out 6-0's like every team in the 1200's. His role was to just win once my opponent had no more special attackers Couple years later I revisited the set and tried to make a somewhat viable team with it, and this one was, surprisingly, probably the best. Snorlax gets rid of annoying stuff for aggron and azumarill destroys offensive teams bar psyspam. Magnezone helps all by removing pesky steels. Pretty good team overall, but held back by its weakness to kartana.
Here's him doing some stuff on a past build: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-857155244

Belly Drum Slurpuff HO

EVs: 180 HP / 76 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Aurora Veil
- Safeguard
- Freeze-Dry

Latias-Mega @ Latiasite
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Recover
- Stored Power
- Reflect Type

Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Explosion
- Rock Tomb

Greninja (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Protean
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Ice Beam

Kommo-o @ Kommonium Z
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Clanging Scales
- Poison Jab
- Close Combat

Slurpuff @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Belly Drum
- Play Rough
- Return
- Drain Punch

I can't even believe that this team worked. I literally just slapped it together with latias and tspikes and 2 sweepers who were threatening enough to stop defoggers. Slurpuff works wonders tho, with a +6 drain punch ohko'ing ferro from full. Under veil, reflect type latias is nigh immortal, but keeping up the tspikes for darks wasnt as easy as I anticipated. Great team overall, but weakness to scizor and toxapex holds it back.
Slurpuff doing Stuff:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-898551186
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-898553775

Double Dance Gliscor HO

EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hail
- Aurora Veil
- Safeguard
- Freeze-Dry

Reuniclus @ Psychium Z
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Focus Blast
- Psychic
- Recover

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 116 Atk / 44 Def / 104 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Agility
- Earthquake
- Facade

Magearna @ Leftovers
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 248 HP / 84 SpA / 28 SpD / 148 Spe
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Shift Gear

Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Explosion
- Swords Dance

Tyranitar-Mega @ Tyranitarite
Ability: Sand Stream
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Stone Edge
- Ice Punch
- Fire Punch

An older team, without great synergy between members, its kinda carried by gliscor. Gliscor's passive recovery is an amazing tool, lifting him out of the range of priority, easing setup, negating leech seed, and his typing is excellent for helping him setup in general. EQ + facade is really only stopped by skarmory and celesteela (zapdos if you dont setup enough). Sometime in the future, I hope to build a better team with him. I played this one in some early-round tournament games in which it performed pretty well, although I forgot to save the replays. Overall: okay team.

Sun

Torkoal @ Heat Rock
Ability: Drought
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Lava Plume
- Earth Power
- Rapid Spin

Houndoom-Mega @ Houndoominite
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Fire Blast
- Dark Pulse
- Taunt

Victreebel @ Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll
Naughty Nature
- Power Whip
- Growth
- Weather Ball
- Sleep Powder

Rotom-Wash @ Wiki Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 Spe
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Defog

Magearna @ Assault Vest
EVs: 248 HP / 220 SpD / 40 Spe
Sassy Nature
- Volt Switch
- Fleur Cannon
- Focus Blast
- Iron Head

Landorus-Therian @ Flyinium Z
EVs: 252 HP / 108 Def / 148 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Fly
- U-turn

Ah, yes one of my favorite teams. Victreebell is the main star here, with easy setup in the form of sleep powder, he runs through teams with ease. Houndoom very much completes him, breaking basically everything he cannot and having excellent speed allthewhile. Originally, I had grassium on victreebell, but hawlucha existing demanded otherwise. Very fun team overall that is surprisingly effective.

The Better Version of Conkeldurr HO

Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Explosion
- Swords Dance

Conkeldurr @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
EVs: 128 HP / 252 Atk / 128 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Facade
- Mach Punch

Tapu Bulu @ Leftovers
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Swords Dance
- Horn Leech
- Superpower
- Stone Edge

Kommo-o @ Kommonium Z
Ability: Bulletproof
Hasty Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Clanging Scales
- Poison Jab
- Close Combat

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Def / 244 SpD
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Roost
- Superpower

Tapu Koko @ Light Clay
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Taunt
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- U-turn

Built this one with a dude I met on ladder names Benchy (Love you man!), and it performed well right off of the bat. Mons like koko and ash-gren that are usually a pain in the ass for HO to deal with fall flat in the face of tapu bulu, who has plenty of power even uninvested. This conkeldurr set in general is busted on hyper offense, being able to smash toxapex and clefable on the switch with facade. Overall, turned out being very similar to the team I made for the Kommo-o building contest, with scizor and all. Great team overall.

guzzlord is awful lol

Guzzlord @ Assault Vest
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Knock Off
- Poison Jab

Bronzong @ Mental Herb
Ability: Heatproof
EVs: 252 HP / 220 Atk / 36 SpD
Brave Nature
- Trick Room
- Explosion
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake

Crabominable @ Life Orb
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Brave Nature
- Ice Hammer
- Close Combat
- Thunder Punch
- Power-Up Punch

Cresselia @ Mental Herb
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Ice Beam
- Moonlight
- Trick Room
- Lunar Dance

Magearna @ Electrium Z
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Fleur Cannon
- Thunderbolt
- Trick Room

Ursaring @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Def
Brave Nature
- Swords Dance
- Facade
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake

Guzzlord is such a cool mon, but he gets no love because fairies have a chokehold on this tier. I wanted to use him in some way, and he does an ok job at checking blace and ash-gren for TR, so I gave it a shot, figuring he could clean late-game with beast boost as well. Didn't do so great. For such a fat-ass mon he really is weak. Mediocre team at best, but hey, still the best guzz team i've seen to date.

Also watch out for an RMT of my fav team sometime in the next month when I have a chance to write it up. In the mean time, have fun memeing with these!

so i built a team i think can be best called "offense" where the idea was to grab 4 S tier mons + double regen. this team is super reliant on making hard reads because of how dangerous hazards can be to a team like this. the thing is it can and will make some insane plays against many teams because of the number of immunities present here. moreover, at least one of these mons will be able to absolutely get its entire nut off every single game, but i guess that's what you get when you have a whole bunch of blanket checks and slot fillers from S and A+ rank put together, it's gonna be versatile.

the downside is that this team lacks physical breaking potential leaving it largely walled by chansey. it also struggles to break common balance cores such as fini, mvenu, celepex, etc. i did make an alternate version replacing torn with boltbeam defog mlatias so have a go with that if you want

EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Water Shuriken
- Hydro Pump
- Spikes

standard gren, i do not need to explain these moves. excellent at cleaning and since im on low ladder there are some wack niggas running prankster mons so it helps against those too.

Tornadus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
Shiny: Yes
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Knock Off
- Defog
- U-turn

helmet torn to go with avtang, excellent pivot, does really anything, punishes landorus t uturn although it is threatened by stone edge. great speed tier too.

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 244 Atk / 68 Def / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock
- Hidden Power [Ice]

primary speed control and physical attacker switchin, torn is pretty squishy so this can help. uturn core with torn, rox setter.

Heatran @ Leftovers
Modest Nature
- Magma Storm
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power

pretty much here to make flash fire plays and kill steels like celesteela, also a taunt user.

Tangrowth @ Assault Vest
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Ice]

the other half to torn, general special attack sponge, threatens nearly everything it comes in on in some way or another with varied attacks. usually the mon with the most longevity.

Magearna @ Fightinium Z
Timid Nature
- Fleur Cannon
- Shift Gear
- Calm Mind
- Focus Blast

resident booster. often a good switchin to many attacks too since it resists like everything lol. also a z move user.

Latias-Mega @ Latiasite
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Recover
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Defog

this mon can replace torn if you are running into too many mons who require you to stay in.

Last edited:

Here's a Bulky Offense team featuring a core of Ash Greninja+Flyinium Z Landorus Therian. The majority of it came from a rate I did here. It features Flyinium Z Landorus aside Ash Greninja (obviously), as well as mixed def Rotom Wash, Defog Tornadus Therian, Assault Vest Tangrowth, and stallbreaker Calm Mind+Pain Split Magearna. Only real issues are Toxic variants of Heatran and weird ass low ladder lures. To find out more about what does what, click the word "here" to get to that RMT. Otherwise, bon voyage!

Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Hydro Pump
- Spikes
- Water Shuriken

Landorus-Therian @ Flyinium Z
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Fly
- Swords Dance
- Stealth Rock

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 140 Def / 120 SpD
Calm Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Thunder Wave
- Pain Split

Tangrowth @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Magearna @ Wiki Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 28 Def / 224 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Fleur Cannon
- Thunderbolt
- Pain Split

Tornadus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Knock Off
- Defog
- U-turn

Back with some more power squads that I used to hit the ladder with, but now that I'm off that grind for this gen... perhaps y'all could make better use of these teams. Enjoy responsibly.

Diancie + SD Kartana Offense
I wanted to work with diancie cause it's a rather anti-meta rock setter, beating down common removal like Torn-T outright, and Rotom/Fini throughout a long-term game. It also has a good offensive matchup against prevalent rock setters like Kommo and Heatran, so I really wanted to try out a mon with such a presence in the fight for momentum. It struggles with Ferro so I wanted a free switch-in to most sets, which SD Kartana can do and also lure stuff like opposing Steela to make Diancie's day easier. Steela + Fini gives a solid backbone to the team, handling huge threats like Lele and Ash Gren which the rest of the team cannot switch into. Scarf Lando is the Koko answer (which the team is weak to) and Blace because I felt like it on a whim lol, kinda just wanted some power combined with speed and my TTar matchup was great. It works well here for whatever reason and it's fun to use, so I won't complain.

Incineroar Voltturn
Banded Incineroar has almost no switch-ins, and defensively it offers some nice matchups vs draco-less Mega Lati balance as well as Sableye balance/stall. Seriously, everything except Fini (which loses Lefties and is a semi death sentence for it) can get ohko'd or 2hko'd by this thing. It makes for a great voltturn core alongside Rotom which defogs for it while baiting in grasses, opening up opportunities for Incin to just body the spammed backbones in OU. Bulu + Kart grass spam really enjoys the huge pressure that the voltturn core and Lop puts on opposing steel types, and physdef flyinium Lando is another lure for fat grasses while not autolosing to Hawlucha.

Specs Magearna Momentum Offense
Quite possibly one of my most favourite teams to use, ever. I was building around Medi + Weavile and wanted to try a voltturn direction, and got stuck cause I wanted to keep offensive presence and still check big threats. Specs Magearna can do that and it is a MONSTER. With prediction, it can ohko or 2hko classic switch-ins. Without prediction and just spamming Fleur, you can do upwards of 50 to opposing spdef Steela when rocks are up. AV Tang shuts down leech seed recovery that Ferro/Steela desperately need to try if they switch into Fleur, and TankChomp is a nice glue to get up rocks and switch into fire types or Kartana. Lop can also be an issue so forcing it to take chip and get into prio range from Medi or Weav is really nice. Taunt Torn gives stall the middle finger, especially alongside Specs Gear destroying Chansey every time it comes in. Even Aggron stall cannot withstand Torn + Magearna, as Gear's Focus Blast ohko's even through filter.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)