Tournament Ubers Winter League II - Week 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eledyr

Le vilain petit Wooloo
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Host
Translations Leader

Ubers_Winter_League.png

Incredible new art by Albatross
Welcome to the second edition of Ubers Winter League, an all-Ubers team tournament where managers draft from the pool of players to compete in a five-week round-robin battle for Ubers supremacy. Additionally, each week, managers can decide to boost one slot, making the slot effective for 2 wins (and if both teams boost the same slot, it's worth 3 wins).
Spreadsheet

Hello everyone, this year your hosts are 7u9i2 and myself.

Here's a few things to remember:
- A replay / log of your match must be saved and posted or it will be considered invalid. No exceptions.
- General tournament rules and regulations apply. Pokemon Showdown is the default simulator for all metagames unless both parties agree. If you play on anywhere that isn't PS! you must save a log of the match. All matches are best of one, except for the RBY slot.
- Underlined matches will be counted as single boosted slots which count for 2 wins, Bolded and underlined matches will be counted as double boosted slots which count for 3 wins, with a * indicating which players were boosted.

And now, without further ado, here are the first pairings !

Qwilfish Qwillas (5) vs. Spectral Thieves (9)
qwilfish(flipped).gif

SV : Inder vs. ox04
SV: Royal1604 vs. Fogbound Lake
SV: LBN vs. Stallion
SV: Nael222 vs. S-Matrix
SS: Shuwri* vs. lotiasite
SM: Rhmsitb vs. FatFighter2
ORAS: Blim vs. Aurora
BW: The Dovahneer vs. Monai
DPP: shrang vs. Highlord*
ADV: Ajencis vs. Heysup
GSC: Mr.378 vs. Conflict
RBY: Koalacance vs. shiloh

Temporal Tower Tinkatons (10) vs. Luminous Lunalas (4)
tinkaton (1).png
lunala.gif

SV: Manaphy vs. Lunala
SV: Mashing vs. jonfilch
SV: tier vs. Fc*
SV: kythr vs. Luthier
SS: Leru vs. BluBirD
SM: iry vs. London Beats
ORAS: byronthewellwell* vs. KanzakiHAria
BW: Thor vs. Evuelf
DPP: Inspirited vs. Beraldinho
ADV: fourmi vs. Xrn
GSC: vani vs. Torchic
RBY: Frrf vs. Enigami

InSomnia Giratinas (7) vs. Frost Monkeys (7)

color1.png
Nyaarz (reverse).png

SV: RichardMillePlain vs. Trade
SV: entrocefalo vs. The Strap
SV: Aberforth vs. SiTuM
SV: Exiline vs. TJ
SS: Kate vs. baconeatinassassin
SM: Zesty43 vs. PurpleGatorade
ORAS: ninjadog vs. obii
BW: Lasen vs. Carl Murray
DPP: Seldanna vs. zf
ADV: Farce Of The Death vs. Raph369
GSC: crying vs. Isa*
RBY: Ctown6* vs. Unowndragon

SV: Inder vs. ox04
ORAS: Blim vs. Aurora

SV: Mashing vs. jonfilch
SS: Leru vs. bbeeaa

Deadline is January, 16th, 7:59 PM GMT+8 / 4:29 PM GMT+5.5 / 11:59 AM GMT+1 / 5:59 AM GMT-5 / 2:59 AM GMT-8

SV: ILoveMashing❤ vs. jonfilch

Suzuya

Undertaker
is a Tiering Contributor
UPL Champion
Inder official predict the RETURN:

Temporal Tower Tinkatons (3) vs. Luminous Lunalas (11)

SV
: Manaphy vs. Lunala i saw the great return of manaphy in the kickoff, i didn’t watched a lot of his game but vs ff2 mana did great things but I’ll give the edge to Luna cuz he’s lucky and slightly better imo
SV: ILoveMashing❤ vs. jonfilch rude pairing for mashing week1, jonfilch is one of the most impressive ingame of smogon atm, he did really well in each pl even the Ubers one. I’m looking forward this game and I want to be impressed by the Mashing’s building hat tricks
SV: tier vs. Fc* should be good for the French Canadian, I don’t know tier really well but he will need solid plays and good building abilities to win this game
SV: kythr vs Luthier I love the kythr game play but luthier have a better Ubers background, I’ll not be surprised if kythr take it tho
SS: Leru vs. bbeeaa Leru hasn’t been impressive in SS and bea did really good last uwtt
SM: iry vs. London Beats I don’t know why people underrate a lot LB but he’s on the top of USM/ORAS pool and he did well each he played, I hope I’ll not be wrong with this one but I know iry have lot of ressources that’s why I except a good game here
ORAS: byronthewellwell* vs. KanzakiHAria Raiden Mei is the newest goat of Ubers old gen, he defeated March Fires last classic and I hope I’ll do well this UWL, Byron is Byron, still on the top of the ORAS pool but maybe less consistent since last UPL. Let’s see
BW: Thor vs. Evuelf He is French and he is bitter, that is enough to win in BW. In fact I’d bet on thor but seeing Evuelf barking on the Ubers chat is too much funny for me not to giving him the win
DPP: Inspirited vs. Beraldinho. top 2 dpp vs no dpp Ubers background… no need to say more
ADV: fourmi vs. Xrn rude pairing for Xrn, 4mi did v well in UPL but the ingame of Xrn is surely better. It will be a great game
GSC: vani vs. Torchic Torchic is a good value in rby/adv/GSC but the Fcs suffer to not buy a gscer to support him, torchic alone will be suffering vs vani who obv doesn’t need a lot of support
RBY: Frrf vs. Enigami Frrf is slightly better and she’s French

InSomnia Giratinas (6) vs. Frost Monkeys (8)

SV: RichardMillePlain vs. Trade I faced both recently and Richard is at least 10x better than trade, not to say trade is bad at SV but he isn’t a good value
SV: entrocefalo vs. The Strap La Sangle is definitely an insane player, if someone can provides to him some teams he will go crazy in SV2 even if he should not underestimate entrocefalo who’s can do great things
SV: Aberforth vs. SiTuM SiTuM laddering a lot and plays SV quite often, I assume aber will be good at SV but I give the edge to SiTuM. He should win if he doesn’t want to bring some random shit
SV: Exiline vs. TJ Exiline have a better approach by far of the metagame while TJ doesn’t build and isn’t the best player I’ve seen at SV
SS: Kate vs. baconeatinassassin Kate had a p good SCL and a good UPL so she’s favored for sure even if bacon have some arguments to claim the win here
SM: Zesty43 vs. PurpleGatorade both are retired and both was USM legends, I’d say purple Gatorade is less washed so I give to him the edge
ORAS: ninjadog vs. obii ninjadog is a better player imo, he’s surely less experimented in oras but I don’t liked a lot obiis games
BW: Lasen vs. Carl Murray Greatest BW player of the Ubers history, I’m sorry lasen but Carl is TOO GOOD
DPP: Seldanna vs. zf I don’t know much about Seldanna but zf has been impressive in the past, hope he will reiterate his performances
ADV: Farce Of The Death vs. Raph369 Raph is an ADV god no cap, he’s lucky and he’s one of the best old gens players. He will take this
GSC: crying vs. Isa* Isa is a GSC goat, crying is really good buuut isa dominate a lot the GSC pool
RBY: Ctown6* vs. Unowndragon Ctown is a really good player, uknowndragon is good but there’s a gap between both

keys

It's Prime Time
is a Forum Moderatoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Qwilfish Qwillas (6) vs. Spectral Thieves (7)

SV: Inder vs. ox04
ORAS: Blim vs. mncmt

Temporal Tower Tinkatons (7) vs. Luminous Lunalas (7)

SV: ILoveMashing❤ vs. jonfilch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)