Project Ubers Victim of the Week - Hiatus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fusion Flare

i have hired this cat to stare at you
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
ok im actually gonna update this thing, but lets just get the votes out of the way first right?

winner of checks is groudon handily beating marshadow
:ss/groudon:
winner of counters is buzzwole, though zarude and caly-ice came close
:ss/buzzwole:
and winner of unconventional is actually a tie between clefable and avalugg at 6 votes each, but i think the table’s cooler
:ss/avalugg:
congratulations to 1729is56time, HydreigonTheChild and maplesyrup689 you all get a point. now for our newest victim..
The Deer of Destruction, The Bloodbath of Bambi’s Blade, The Fear of people who give up their Dusk Manes too fast...
Geomancy Xerneas.
:ss/xerneas:

Xerneas @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 168 Def / 252 SpA / 88 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Moonblast
- Geomancy
- Substitute
- Thunder

The atrocity on antlers, this pokemon sets up one Geomancy, and from there, you best pray that you haven’t thrown away your Dusk Mane by something like Eternatus or something.

But what if you have..? Because for this round, NECROZMA-DUSK MANE IS BANNED. I REPEAT, NECROZMA DUSK MANE IS BANNED. Why? Because it’d be an instant win for the first person to grab it. Duh. So let’s just say it got trapped from being nommed by Magnezone or something.
:ss/necrozma-dusk mane:
THIS RIGHT HERE. YOU CANT NOMINATE IT AND IF YOU DO I’LL IGNORE IT.

anyways, other than that, happy deerhunting!

:Ferrothorn: @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Spikes
- Gyro Ball

Ferrothorn can freely switch in taking 25% max and can force it out via leech seed, gyro ball, and can potentially use it as set up fother. After a geomancy boost xearneas is cleanly 2hkoed by gyro ball and after rocks it is guaranteed 2hko'ed. Once you force out a power herb you can use it constantly for free spikes and free recovery via leech seed with it + protect

252+ SpA Fairy Aura Xerneas Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Ferrothorn: 74-87 (21 - 24.7%) -- possible 6HKO after Leftovers recovery
+2 252+ SpA Fairy Aura Xerneas Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Ferrothorn: 147-174 (41.7 - 49.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
0 Atk Ferrothorn Gyro Ball (95 BP) vs. 0 HP / 168 Def Xerneas: 170-204 (43.2 - 51.9%) -- 7.4% chance to 2HKO
0 Atk Ferrothorn Gyro Ball (150 BP) vs. 0 HP / 168 Def Xerneas: 270-320 (68.7 - 81.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Last edited:

Aberforth

is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Ubers Leader
Solgaleo!

Solgaleo isnt Magnezone Trapped, and thus does exactly what NDM would do, but it exists in this world where Magnezone has partnered Xern.

1635222451839.png

Ho-Oh @ Choice Band
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 208 Atk / 52 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Brave Bird
- Earthquake
- Defog

I have 0 idea as to why defog is on the Calc's automatic set for banded Ho-oh, but regardless, Banded Ho-oh with this much Spdef should always reasonably be able to finish Xerneas off after you have chipped it as it initially sets up, and if u absolutely have to rely on it it can pivot out after taking one Thunder to try to force your opponent to hit another. This is a check, rocks invalidate banded Ho-oh as even a semblance of a check, but it can do in a pinch.

1729is56time

Too-too-roo
is a Tiering Contributor
Presenting Melmetal as COUNTER

:ss/melmetal:

Choice Band Set

Melmetal @ Choice Band
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Double Iron Bash
- Earthquake
- Superpower
- Thunder Punch

252+ Atk Choice Band Iron Fist Melmetal Double Iron Bash (2 hits) vs. 0 HP / 168 Def Xerneas: 736-868 (187.2 - 220.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ SpA Fairy Aura Xerneas Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Melmetal: 161-189 (33.9 - 39.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock
252+ SpA Xerneas Thunder vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Melmetal: 187-221 (39.4 - 46.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock

+2 252+ SpA Fairy Aura Xerneas Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Melmetal: 321-378 (67.7 - 79.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
+2 252+ SpA Xerneas Thunder vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Melmetal: 374-441 (78.9 - 93%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Defensive Set

Melmetal @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 196 HP / 60 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Protect
- Double Iron Bash
- Earthquake
- Toxic

60 Atk Iron Fist Melmetal Double Iron Bash (2 hits) vs. 0 HP / 168 Def Xerneas: 396-468 (100.7 - 119%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ SpA Fairy Aura Xerneas Moonblast vs. 196 HP / 252+ SpD Melmetal: 107-126 (23.2 - 27.3%) -- possible 5HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Xerneas Thunder vs. 196 HP / 252+ SpD Melmetal: 125-148 (27.1 - 32.1%) -- 56.7% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery

+2 252+ SpA Fairy Aura Xerneas Moonblast vs. 196 HP / 252+ SpD Melmetal: 213-252 (46.3 - 54.7%) -- 9.8% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+2 252+ SpA Xerneas Thunder vs. 196 HP / 252+ SpD Melmetal: 249-294 (54.1 - 63.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Both the Choice band set and defensive set OHKO Xerneas with an insanely powerful Double Iron Bash, with the banded set OHKOing Xerneas even if it is behind a substitute thanks to Double Iron Bash hitting twice. Leftovers along with Protect in the defensive set provide it the longevity it requires to switch into Xerneas throughout the match. Lum berry can be used if you're scared of Thunder paralysis.

Also if Magnezone thinks he can trap Melmetal like he trapped Dusk Mane, i guess you could just Mega Kick it out of the way.

Last edited:
:bw/amoonguss: Unconventional Pick
1635258156824.png

There's an incoventional pick among us...
Assault Vest make amoonguss one of the best counter to Geomancy Xerneas (and also Kyogre). It can live any attack of attack even after the geoboost and take all the boosts away. With giga drain and regenerator has reliable recovery; body slam and foul play punishes the switchs.
Here are the calcs:
252+ SpA Fairy Aura Xerneas Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Amoonguss: 63-75 (14.5 - 17.3%) -- possible 6HKO
252+ SpA Xerneas Thunder vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Amoonguss: 37-44 (8.5 - 10.1%) -- possibly the worst move ever
+2 252+ SpA Fairy Aura Xerneas Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Amoonguss: 126-149 (29.1 - 34.4%) -- 5.9% chance to 3HKO
+2 252+ SpA Xerneas Thunder vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Amoonguss: 73-87 (16.8 - 20.1%) -- possible 5HKO

Attachments

Last edited:
D88A7102-6B50-4D82-8871-E258B6003F85.gif

With extremely high defensive and offensive stats and Steel/Ghost typing to boot, Aegislash is a pretty nice unconventional counter to Xerneas along with taking on other Ghost and Psychic Uber threats well.

Specially Defensive Set
Aegislash-Shield @ Leftovers
Level: 100
Sassy Nature
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
- Gyro Ball / Iron Head
- Toxic
- Substitute / Shadow Ball
- King's Shield

Specially Defensive Aegislash can sponge Xerneas’ Moonblast forever even if boosted by Geomancy, and while a boosted Thunder may seem a bit scary to go up against, any set up Substitute prevents Aegislash from suffering too much from it and King’s Shield + Leftovers allows it to recover a bit of health while avoiding too much damage. On this set, I switched out Shadow Ball and a Calm nature for Gyro Ball and a Sassy nature to 2HKO Xerneas while still taking its hits like a champ, with Toxic helping to kill its longevity if you don’t want to keep Aegislash in on it. Iron Head is an alternative option to Gyro Ball for landing more consistent damage, although Gyro Ball will do more damage to faster mons. SpD Aegislash can also stall out Defensive Xerneas, using Toxic to force rests and Aromatherapies while hiding behind Substitute to avoid Thunder Wave and potentially damage or Toxic any switchins. Shadow Ball can be used alternatively to Substitute to make it less passive against switchins such as Necrozma-DM and Shedinja while still stalling out Defensive Xerneas, although Substitute is important for denying Xerneas and other switchins extra hits and aiding in Aegislash’s longevity.

252+ SpA Fairy Aura Xerneas Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Aegislash-Shield: 65-77 (20 - 23.7%) -- possible 6HKO after Leftovers recovery

+2 252+ SpA Fairy Aura Xerneas Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Aegislash-Shield: 129-153 (39.8 - 47.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ SpA Xerneas Thunder vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Aegislash-Shield: 76-90 (23.4 - 27.7%) -- possible 5HKO after Leftovers recovery

+2 252+ SpA Xerneas Thunder vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Aegislash-Shield: 151-178 (46.6 - 54.9%) -- 10.9% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

4 Atk Aegislash-Blade Gyro Ball (115 BP) vs. 0 HP / 168 Def Xerneas: 294-348 (74.8 - 88.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (After Geomancy)

Choice Specs Set
Aegislash @ Choice Specs
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- Steel Beam
- Shadow Sneak

With a base SpA stat of 140 in blade forme, impressive bulk with just HP investment and a pair of Choice Specs, Aegislash serves as a more immediate nuclear option for taking down Xerneas. Flash Cannon OHKOs both Defensive and Unboosted Geomancy Xerneas and even 2HKOs boosted GeoXerneas. Steel Beam OHKOs even boosted Xerneas while being extremely risky for anything else to switch into. Its other Ghost stabs allow it to take on any opposing Psychic and Ghost threats that Xerneas may be partnered with, such as Necrozma-DM, Marshadow and Calyrex-S. Thanks to its great defensive stats in Shield form, it can also switch into an unboosted Geomancy or Defensive variant of Xerneas without immediately being killed off.

252+ SpA Choice Specs Aegislash-Blade Flash Cannon vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Xerneas: 458-542 (100.4 - 118.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ SpA Choice Specs Aegislash-Blade Flash Cannon vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Xerneas: 462-546 (117.5 - 138.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ SpA Choice Specs Aegislash-Blade Flash Cannon vs. +2 0 HP / 0 SpD Xerneas: 234-276 (59.5 - 70.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ SpA Choice Specs Aegislash-Blade Steel Beam vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Xerneas: 578-684 (126.7 - 150%) -- guaranteed OHKO (Even a Specially Defensive Xerneas falls to Specs Steel Beam, holy shit)

252+ SpA Choice Specs Aegislash-Blade Steel Beam vs. +2 0 HP / 0 SpD Xerneas: 408-480 (103.8 - 122.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO (Boosted Geomancy Xerneas takes it better than any Specially Defensive Xerneas could but still gets OHKO’d, lmao)

Despite its fall from grace with 40 base stat points being taken away from it, it can still do quite a bit and as it previously did before, successfully kill off Xerneas.

Last edited:
Aegislash, Blissey, Ferro
All these can completely counter xerneas. Ferro using gyro ball OHKO's if not hit by focus blast. Blissey stalls it with toxic and softboil. Aegislash OHKO's with flash cannon or iron head.

Bump
Did this thread get killed by Xerneas or something? It was much more active when people were trying to neuter Zygarde. Definitely needs a slight bump.

Fusion Flare

Tell you what. I’ll just update it right now.

But before that, there’s a point i’d like to make.

Caionamax your Amoonguss set cannot actually beat Xerneas if it uses Substitute, as Clear Smog’s stat removal will not take effect against a Substitute. However, Sludge Bomb Amoonguss makes Amoonguss a capable enough check, so i’ll add it.

Also FearNeverDies, your Blissey set was not completed, so i would’ve denied it, but Blissey realistically only needs Confide, Seismic Toss, and Soft Boiled to beat Xerneas, so i’ll let it slide.

And as for my submission...
:ss/magearna:
Magearna @ Leftovers
Ability: Soul-Heart
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Fleur Cannon
- Power Swap
- Pain Split
Check, I think?
Concept is, you come in on geomancy, and click fleur cannon until you get to -2,then xerneas will likely either pull a sub or click thunder again. if it clicks thunder, go for pain split. if it clicks sub, go for power swap, rinse and repeat until the xerneas is down.
Checks
:ho-oh: Banded Ho-Oh by Aberforth
:magearna: Gear by Fusion Flare
:amoonguss: by Caionamax
Counters
:shedinja: the cicada by CursedStar
:ferrothorn: Ferrothorn by HydreigonTheChild
:blissey: the egg by FearNeverDies
Unconventional Pick
:aegislash: Aegislash by SDK03
:melmetal: Melmetal by 1729is56time

By the way, I’m exclusively counting Aegislash’s SpDef set. Specs Aegislash loses to Substitute Xern if its vulnerable in Blade Form.
2 checks. 2 counters. 1 unconventional pick. Voting ends by Wednesday.

Last edited:

SiTuM

j'ai du faire un mauvais rêve
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
:Ferrothorn: @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
Careful Nature
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Spikes
- Gyro Ball

Ferrothorn can freely switch in taking 25% max and can force it out via leech seed, gyro ball, and can potentially use it as set up fother. After a geomancy boost xearneas is cleanly 2hkoed by gyro ball and after rocks it is guaranteed 2hko'ed. Once you force out a power herb you can use it constantly for free spikes and free recovery via leech seed with it + protect

252+ SpA Fairy Aura Xerneas Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Ferrothorn: 74-87 (21 - 24.7%) -- possible 6HKO after Leftovers recovery
+2 252+ SpA Fairy Aura Xerneas Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Ferrothorn: 147-174 (41.7 - 49.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
0 Atk Ferrothorn Gyro Ball (95 BP) vs. 0 HP / 168 Def Xerneas: 170-204 (43.2 - 51.9%) -- 7.4% chance to 2HKO
0 Atk Ferrothorn Gyro Ball (150 BP) vs. 0 HP / 168 Def Xerneas: 270-320 (68.7 - 81.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Ferrothorn does not check Xerneas at all. Trust me, I learnt this the hard way.

Fusion Flare

alright alright ill do the post thing.

Ho-oh wins at 3 votes for the checks section, congratulations Aberforth

Shedinja wins at 3 votes as well for counters, grats CursedStar

and finally since Melmetal and Aegislash is a tie, i’ll be the tiebreaker and say that Aegislash by SDK03. congratulations, you all get a point.

i’m just gonna say that i lack any interest in this project whatsoever, so we’re going on hiatus officially. The board will be updated, and then this thread will be locked for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)