Strategy & Metagame Ubers Singles Play, Legal in Smogon Doubles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Idyll

xD
is a Tutoris an official Team Rateris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
RBTT Champion
This article is mainly going to feature Pokemon that are Ubers in singles play but legal in Smogon Doubles.

Unlike singles, Smogon Doubles has these Pokemon because of numerous reasons, the most notable one being that having 2 Pokemon on each side of the field means that it's hard for a single Pokemon to be broken, which makes it a fairly self-balancing metagame. No more can a single Pokemon easily dominate with its unbalanced or broken qualities thanks to the nature of Doubles. Having 2 Pokemon on the field for each side at the same time can bring drastic changes to a game's pace. For example, entry hazards are nearly non-existent due to faster games which means less times they'd come into effect, a faster pace which means find a free turn to set them is difficult, and there's less free move slots due to the necessity of Protect. With the shift to Doubles play, some Pokemon previously deemed broken are not so broken anymore and are legal to use, some top metagame threats and others not worth it at all other than for niche uses. What I plan to do with this article is to feature Pokemon Uber in singles play, legal in Smogon Doubles

First, I'd explain how singles is different from doubles in terms of playing, and why these Pokemon in general are not broken. After, I'd go through all of the Pokemon that fit the criteria (Aegislash, Darkrai, Deoxys-Whatever, Genesect, Mega Gengar, Greninja, Mega Kanghaskhan, Mega Lucario, Mega Mawile, Shaymin-Sky) and briefly explain why they got banned in singles, why they're not broken in Doubles, and what they do in Doubles and their standing in the metagame.

I'm probably doing this wrong but whatever lol o-o, what do you guys think?

also:
NEW: If you're writing a Battling Strategy or Metagame approval for the first time, you should provide credentials that support your knowledge of the topic in question in either categories. Examples of such would be team rates of that and posts in any relevant forum discussion of the tier(s) in question.
Salamencite Suspect Post
np Doubles: Post Mence
Viability Rankings - Vivillon lol
Viability Rankings - Keldeo -o-
Discussion of the Week - Diancie

hope my idea gets considered o_o

Stratos

Banned deucer.
i know memoric, he's good

also not quite the same as audio's article, which only covered pretty bad mons, and not good ubers like skymin, mom, mawile, or aegi

go for it

edit: u should get a better title tho smh

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
i know memoric, he's good
cool beans

I've now given you access to our workshop. Here's some general advice we give all new writers:

1) Get your stuff done on time. If there's ever a situation that comes up, talk with The Smog Staff, and we'll make accommodations. The key here is communication; we need to hear from you if something is up that will prevent you from meeting the deadline. Try to get your stuff done in two weeks if possible, in order to give the GP/HTML/art team time to get everything done.

2) Don't leak any of our stuff until the release happens. This includes art and any other information. If you ever want feedback on your work or have questions, you can join us in #thesmog on IRC (if you don't have IRC, you can PM me or another staffer on the forums and I'll give you a link).

If you need any help, please don't hesitate to ask The Smog Staff. When you post your thread in the Article Workshop, you need to set labels for it. You'll need to set the issue's number too. For the tags that say WIP, Grammar, etc, those are the stages your article are in. Since you'll ideally be working on the article after posting your thread, mark it as WIP. When you finish, move it to Grammar and get it checked twice by other people. Afterward is the HTML stage and someone will put it into HTML code. Your article will eventually get art done for it and it'll be complete!
Welcome to the force. If you have any questions, let us know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)