Tournament Ubers Premier League X: Manager Signups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minority

Numquam Vincar
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

The tenth UPL season will start with the selection of team managers. Only post in this thread if you would like to manage a team – all other posts will be deleted. Returning managers will have stronger claims, but in the end we (the UPL Hosts and Ubers Moderation Team) will be selecting the managers that we think will make for the best tournament. You must signup in this thread to manage. You must be active for the entire tournament (approx. 2 months) and be capable of sending in weekly lineups on time.

The tiers that will be featured this year are:

- SS
- SS
- SS
- USM
- ORAS
- BW
- DPP
- ADV
- GSC
- Best of Three: SS / USM / ORAS

Requirements For Taking Over UPL Teams:
Taking over a UPL team from last year means that you are using its name and retention rights for this season, and requires at least one of the following sets of credentials:

- You were the team’s manager last year
- You were part of the team’s legacy in at least one year (manager, assistant manager, player, substitute) and last year’s manager does not object
- You have received explicit permission from last year’s manager and said manager has confirmed with the UPL host team

The same credentials apply if you wish to take over a prior UPL team that did not exist last year, however, you will only be given its name (no retention rights). Meeting one of these credentials does not necessarily mean you will be selected to manage a team. If two qualified managers request the same team, the one with the superior credentials outlined above will be selected.

We are considering eight teams this season, contingent on signups. A new team requires a new team name (subject to approval), and will also have no retention rights. This rule is in effect so that new teams are not arbitrarily given a better set of defunct team retention rights as compared to another new team. Remember, retains exist to reward the scouting of new talent and to promote team legacy.

Teams that have participated in UPL at least 5 consecutive years will be given legacy status. This means that their names can no longer be overwritten. As of now, three teams have legacy status: DaReal Drizzlers, Defiant Durians, and Choice Bandits.

Signing Up:

At minimum you must include the following in your post, please keep your info brief but specific. If you do not yet have an assistant manager leave it blank and edit when selected and have your assistant manager confirm by liking the post. An assistant manager is highly encouraged. Both the manager and the assistant manager will have the option to self-purchase prior to auction for exactly 20,000 credits.

Assistant Manager:
Desired Team / New Team Name:
Past UPL Experience (Year / Role):
Significant Team Tour Experience (Tour / Role):

Signups will be open at least until April 29th, with selection immediately before player signups are live. Our tournament's new logo is the work of the talented Blazenix and was commissioned by yours truly.

64 Squares

Mayonnaise colored Benz, I push miracle whips
is a Tiering Contributor
Assistant Manager: 64 Squares
Desired Team: Manly Melmetals (We got Alkione 's and KyogreF4N 's blessing a few months back)
Past UPL experience: Played in UPL III, VII & IX, ass-manned in IV.
Significant Team Tour Experience: Played in SPLs V, VI and VIII. Played in other PLs such as BWPL and ohter Team Tours such as MUTE.
Confirming.

I played in UPL VIII and IX. Played in the past SPL, SCL, and WCOP. Have played a lot of other team tours including playing ubers in the following PLS: tier pls for RBY through BW, ROA Olympics, UWC, UWTT, CPL, and the past LTPL. Managed in ROA Olympics and UWC.

Mr.378

The Iron Man of Ubers
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

Assistant Manager: Carl Murray
Desired Team / New Team Name: Devastating Dialgas
Past UPL Experience (Year / Role): Managed 5 years and played twice
Significant Team Tour Experience (Tour / Role): I am Iron Man. I won Classic last year along with GSC circuit and have been playing this game for over 15 years. I also have played in WTT, managed and played in WCOU for team Northeast and have played and managed in multiple team tours outside of ubers.

Last edited:

Manaphy

Throughout heaven and earth, I alone am family guy
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
Jirachi_Jeffs.png

Assistant Manager: le chouinay SiTuM
Desired Team / New Team Name: Jirachi Jeffs
Past UPL Experience (Year / Role): I have been part of UPL for the past few years, going 6-1 last year and 5-4 the year before.
Significant Team Tour Experience (Tour / Role): I managed my own team, the GAMBINO GROUDONS, back in Most Wanted. I've also been a part of most Ubers team tours for the past few years, either playing or also assmaning. I've been a part of the TC for SS pretty much since it started, and have been one of the biggest contributors to its analyses. In the past year I've been a bit unhappy with my performance during some high-pressure matches in SCL and so forth, and so instead I am looking to manage again. I think it's a lot of fun and I like to make creative teambuilds and help out my team. I am looking for cool and intelligent people to win this tour and perhaps drink copious amounts of alcohol with.

Last edited:

SiTuM

destined for greatness
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
View attachment 420785
Assistant Manager: le chouinay SiTuM
Past UPL Experience (Year / Role): I have been part of UPL for the past few years, going 6-1 last year and 5-4 the year before.
Significant Team Tour Experience (Tour / Role): I managed my own team, the GAMBINO GROUDONS, back in Most Wanted. I've also been a part of most Ubers team tours for the past few years, either playing or also assmaning. I've been a part of the TC for SS pretty much since it started, and have been one of the biggest contributors to its analyses. In the past year I've been a bit unhappy with my performance during some high-pressure matches in SCL and so forth, and so instead I am looking to manage again. I think it's a lot of fun and I like to make creative teambuilds and help out my team. I am looking for cool and intelligent people to win this tour and drink copious amounts of alcohol with.
confirming

Past UPL Experience (Year / Role): 0-1 upl 6, 2-4 upl 8, 3-4 upl 9
Significant Team Tour Experience (Tour / Role): i clicked defog with waterceus in front of a +2 cloyster

Assistant Manager: Blim
Desired Team / New Team Name: with the blessing of my former manager steelskitty, I'll be taking the Choice Bandits :heart:
Past UPL Experience (Year / Role): i've played in the past 4 UPLs or even more i think heh
Significant Team Tour Experience (Tour / Role): I've managed before and won the last edition of Most Wanted, during UPL I'm super active and never had an issue on being slotted in different tiers or being sacrified in order to protect my teammates.

Assistant Manager: Blim
Desired Team / New Team Name: with the blessing of my former manager steelskitty, I'll be taking the Choice Bandits :heart:
Past UPL Experience (Year / Role): i've played in the past 4 UPLs or even more i think heh
Significant Team Tour Experience (Tour / Role): I've managed before and won the last edition of Most Wanted, during UPL I'm super active and never had an issue on being slotted in different tiers or being sacrified in order to protect my teammates.
confirm :heart:

keys

It's Prime Time
is a Forum Moderatoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Assistant Manager: Fc

Desired Team / New Team Name: I will be taking back my Choice Bandits, with the Fc this time around, the team I managed back in 2019 and played for last UPL.

Past UPL Experience (Year / Role): I have been a part of every UPL since UPL V, playing in UPLs V VI VIII and IX, and having managed in UPL VII. Fc has been a successful player for the past 2 iterations of the tournament since joining the Ubers community as well.

Significant Team Tour Experience (Tour / Role): I have managed twice, once in UPL with the Bandits obviously and another time most recently in the first edition of UWTT with the Funky Frost Monkeys. I have been a mainstay in the Ubers community for a while, having participated in every iteration of UPL/MW/UWTT in some capacity since 2017 and accruing some of the best ORAS records since then. I have also dabbled in Ubers for some other team tournaments such as ROAOlympics, CPL, ADVPL (currently playing it) and ORASPL (won the tour with the best ORAS Ubers record).

As far as community goes, I've been really involved with the community pretty much since joining Smogon in 2016, be it contributing to the Ubers Room as Room Owner or being a forum mod since 2018 or hosting a myriad of tournaments and projects and helping wherever I can as well as being on the Tiering Council for a couple years. Ultimately, I just want to give whatever players I draft the opportunity to be on a fun and competitive team and I feel like I've been able to do that every time I've managed.

While Fc is, in his own words:

Fc — Today at 4:51 PM
I'm the goat + tier leader + won uwtt + finals of wcup

Dave

formerly Stone Cold
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Five-Time Past WCoP Champion
Confirming. If there’s any doubt I’m not qualified…

Past UPL Experience (Year / Role): I have been a part of every UPL since UPL V, playing in UPLs V VI VIII and IX, and having managed in UPL VII. Fc has been a successful player for the past 2 iterations of the tournament since joining the Ubers community as well.

Significant Team Tour Experience (Tour / Role): I have managed twice, once in UPL with the Bandits obviously and another time most recently in the first edition of UWTT with the Funky Frost Monkeys. I have been a mainstay in the Ubers community for a while, having participated in every iteration of UPL/MW/UWTT in some capacity since 2017 and accruing some of the best ORAS records since then. I have also dabbled in Ubers for some other team tournaments such as ROAOlympics, CPL, ADVPL (currently playing it) and ORASPL (won the tour with the best ORAS Ubers record).

As far as community goes, I've been really involved with the community pretty much since joining Smogon in 2016, be it contributing to the Ubers Room as Room Owner or being a forum mod since 2018 or hosting a myriad of tournaments and projects and helping wherever I can as well as being on the Tiering Council for a couple years. Ultimately, I just want to give whatever players I draft the opportunity to be on a fun and competitive team and I feel like I've been able to do that every time I've managed.

LBN

is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus
UPL Champion
Assistant Manager/Co Manager: Holy Ghost
New Team Name: Somber Snorlaxes
Past UPL Experience: Last year was on Drizzlers and won it all going 4-2, helped teambuild for everyone else in SS slots aswell.
Significant Team Tour Experience: UPL, RU snake, RUPL, UWTT, and UUFPL

As for community, been around for roughly the start of DLC2 but I played Ubers for a batch of gen 7 but not focused on Smogon, recently finished hosting the last ssnl, aswell as doing multiple paragraphs in the VR thread. I'm also on discord constantly interacting w the server.

as for Holy Ghost experience, he has and in quotes
"Played in UPL 6,8, and was retained for 9. Managed UWTT and won uwcup with us south. Played in advpl and other side team tours that featured ubers over the years."

Thor

The Most Wanted
is a Tutoris a Tiering Contributor
Assistant Manager: oversway (dominatio)
Desired Team / New Team Name: Delta Rays
Past UPL Experience (Year / Role): I've played 2 UPLs 2020 and 2021, this will be my third UPL and now I'm looking to recreate this franchise with a good environment and projection.
Significant Team Tour Experience (Tour / Role): I've played in all the Ubers teamtour and won MW 2, also I've played RoAPL thrice, RoA World Cup,UUSD, NUSD, RBYPL (winner), GSCPL,ADVPL,DPPL,NDWC, managed Team America's 3 consecutive years for RoA Olympics and Latin America for UWC.

PD: We have M's blessing

Minority

Numquam Vincar
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Desired Team / New Team Name: benboats
Just a heads up that both these names are unacceptable and will need to be changed prior to this thread's closure for your signups to be considered. UPL is our premier tournament so a bare minimum level of decorum must be maintained as to not reflect poorly upon our community. I would suggest something like Jirachi Wishmakers, or just about anything Pokemon related and mildly clever.

steelskitty

you deserve so much more than this
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
WHATS THIS?????!?!!! IT'S JACKIE WITH THE STEEL CHAIR!!!!!
1010046306.jpg

i tried to just give my team to aishia but there were....complications with that :toast: so im gonna be the one to take my bandits to playoffs again, naturally with her by my side.

Assistant Manager: Aishia!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Desired Team / New Team Name: the choice bandits!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Past UPL Experience (Year / Role): i went severely negative in gsc last year and severely negative in bw a few years before that, which makes me the perfect fit for yelling at my players from the sidelines :pimp:
Significant Team Tour Experience (Tour / Role): i went 0-1 in spl as a last-minute oras sub 2 seasons ago

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)