Tournament Ubers Premier League X: Finals (Won by The Defiant Durians)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minority

Numquam Vincar
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Welcome to the tenth edition of Ubers Premier League, an all-Ubers team tournament where managers draft from the pool of players to compete in a seven-week round-robin battle for Ubers supremacy. The top four teams will then advance to the playoffs, where the winning team will be crowned the premier of Ubers battling. This is Uber’s largest and premier team tournament, providing an opportunity for Ubers powerhouses to display their dominance, veteran players to return, and for new talent to emerge. In additional to the coveted red trophy and eternal fame and glory, there is also an additional grand prize this year of a custom avatar.

Here's a few things to remember:
- A replay / log must be saved of your match or it will be considered invalid. No exceptions.
- General tournament rules and regulations apply. Pokemon Showdown is the default simulator for all metagames unless both parties agree. If you play on anywhere that isn't PS! you must save a log of the match. All matches are best of one, except for the best of three slot.

Defiant Durians (5) vs. Void Villains (5)

SS: Luthier vs. baconeatinassassin
SS: TJ vs. Punny
SS: jonfilch vs. Fc
USM: Garay oak vs. Rhmsitb
ORAS: FatFighter2 vs. Royal1604
BW: Monai vs. Evuelf
DPP: lax vs. eden
ADV: fourmi vs. mitana
GSC: TonyFlygon vs. Torchic
BO3: Star vs. Ayaka

Defiant Durians (0) vs. Void Villains (0)

Deadline is Sunday at 11:59 PM EDT

Last edited by a moderator:
Defiant Durians (7) vs. Void Villains (3)

SS: Luthier vs. baconeatinassassin - Luthier been poppin off
SS: TJ vs. Punny - Can't imagine pokemon cypher 2013, the best Pokemon cypher in history losing in finals
SS: jonfilch vs. Fc - Fc beat me in a Hackmons Cup bo5, he's the real deal
USM: Garay oak vs. Rhmsitb - Garay goat will bring his A game in finals and will beat Rhmctb's malarkey.
ORAS: FatFighter2 vs. Royal1604 - FF2 bringing dark arts such as Goth means there's nothing he won't do to win.
BW: Monai vs. Evuelf - If Evu doesn't get cteamed by bringing his usual stuff he has the advantage here.
DPP: lax vs. eden - Very close match, it depends on what they both bring.
ADV: fourmi vs. mitana - No one can stop fourmidable.
GSC: TonyFlygon vs. Torchic - I don't think you can ever bet against Tony, no matter the gen or tier, if he's real he'll bring his ace Magcargo though.
BO3: Star vs. Ayaka - Star been poppin off. Nevertheless, it will be a close one

LBN

is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus
UPL Champion
my final hour of posting meme predicts. it has been a blast flaming on precipice blades, FF2 an adv latios lucksacking, but now its time for my final predicts.

Defiant Durians (6) vs. Void Villains (4)
SS: Luthier vs. baconeatinassassin Not much to say besides luthier's record, blah blah blah idc bout this matchup, probably the least interesting one this week
SS: TJ vs. Punny I will forever vote TJ to win every single game he's slotted in. I think one player from the durians will bring some forbidden demonic ass set and clutch it and i think TJ will show punny life just isnt what it seems.
SS: jonfilch vs. Fc FC has regained his confidence after Icemaster shoved FC in a locker with mono dragon vs mono ice, so i think Fc will showcase why all these new users with day old accounts suddenly aquired calyreqs, his influence is on another level fr...
USM: Garay oak vs. Rhmsitb Rhm has been one of the biggest surprises this UPL, besides shrang winning literally all his fucking games, rhm has showcased he's among some of SM's finest and while garay is good, i think primal groudon will decide once again it doesn't wish to fucking hit that day and he's gonna lose, causing dream to start a flame war over how's his entire team is actually not lucky atall.
ORAS: FatFighter2 vs. Royal1604 FF2 brought gothitelle this week so now we can update his biography to what is now this:
FF2s Biography:
Height: 5'2 (Manlet)
Weight: 147
Hair Color: Brown
Skills: Building bad teams (dusk mane dodger extraordinaire ignore my last 2 weeks), failing biology (dude thought bats were birds and frogs were reptiles), and being filth (brought goth)
Weaknesses: Building good teams, anime girls

with such a high quality biography i think FF2 will dodge precipice blades and win a game he had no business winning :totodiLUL:
BW: Monai vs. Evuelf Drizzlers UNITE. Just dont eat a thunder para/crit
DPP: lax vs. eden Have you ever played an RPG where the sidequests had more interesting content than the main story? Cool cuz this isn't that sidequest, expect your standard DPP fair. (someone please bring lord steelix)
ADV: fourmi vs. mitana If this is bo1 dream gonna needa change his username to the Grinch that stole fun. Jokes aside if SEA bringing lead Tauros and a Gyarados fueled their interest in high quality Heat i expect this to be a fight for the ages
GSC: TonyFlygon vs. Torchic Tony smashed my expectations of throwing him into the hounds by winning last week and i think such a success is now within reach a second time.
BO3: Star vs. Ayaka While betting against gondra is hard since he's my boy from last UPL despite not talkin to eachother much, i think star's gonna receive a divine oracle from the random number generator and both Dark Void, Precipice blades, and Focus blasts will travel slightly to the left, granting star his victory and dream his john, a win win scenario

ckw

Tired
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
After 8 weeks of drama, we are finally in finals (Obviously not me RIP). One team in with ease while the other had to pipe up at the end of the group stages to qualify. I will try to predict the individual wins of these lineups based on their form in this tour and their overall tour experience in Play-Offs scenarios.

Defiant Durians vs. Void Villains

SS: Luthier (50%) vs. baconeatinassassin (50%)

On one side we have en experienced tour player and a AG main capable of playing SS Ubers on the other. Bacon also has the best username in this UPL. Luthier is coming in with a 5-0 whereas bacon contributed to clutching the spot for his team in the Semi-Finals. Based on form and momentum alone, this might be the closest pairing. Anyone can take this so looking forward to it!

SS: TJ (65%) vs. Punny (35%)

TJ and Punny are both coming into Finals with a loss in Semi-Finals. While TJ had his fair share of highly rated SS players, Punny definitely had to face tougher opponents throughout this UPL run. However, it is important to consider the overall SS record of both teams and based on that, the Durians have the best SS record thus far and I wanna give TJ the edge here.

SS: jonfilch (35%) vs. Fc (65%)

jonfilch only lost to Hoenn but FC is coming in hot after melting Icemaster last week. I think he is playing his best tour ever right now so Mr ILoveCatGirls will have to do something special to create an upset here. I look forward to this game!

USM: Garay oak (60%) vs. Rhmsitb (40%)

The myth, the legend, the chosen one, and many other titles I have given to my friend Garay Oak proved time and time again why he is is number one in Power Rankings. Rhmsitb also coming in with the best SM Ubers record, proving how inaccurate Power Rankings can be and also how far hard work and preparations can take you in this tour. I intiially thought Rhmsitb got pretty luck but having seen his games, there's like only 2 games where luck felt remotely favorable for him. As much as I think Rhmsitb has form to take this dub, Playoffs Garay Oak does not take any prisoners. With Garay having already beaten Rhmsitb once, I think Garay has the advantage here as long as he doesn't bring Scarf Hydreigon!

ORAS: FatFighter2 (60%) vs. Royal1604 (40%)

FatFighter2 may have surprised us all by signing up for ORAS but approaching near the end of this tour, it is clear as daylight how good this Primal Waifu loving gentleman is. After Week 1, I thought he was going to just pilot teams but I was wrong. His choice of teams are quite diverse and he also loves goth waifu :pirate:. This along with his top tier gamer skill allowed him to flourish in a new tier. Royal1604 is subbed in Week 7 and since then has gone 2-0 in ORAS. I do think Fat is a much tougher opponent than his previous opponents so it will be up to keys' prep to make any difference here.

BW: Monai (45%) vs. Evuelf (55%)

Another pairing where we got two players from different ends of the Power Ranking. I believe this was Monai's first UPL but having seen him before delivering dubs in BW OU, I couldn't underestimate how good he could potentially be. Durians were very smart with this pick in their draft, as I can only assume they were aware of his ability. He managed to storm into the scene with an amazing 4-0. However, he has since then calmed down a little after facing Blim but you are also looking at the only guy who took a game off Thor. Unlike Monai, Evuelf was a clear favorite in this BW pool and if it isn't obvious by now why that's the case then I dont know what to tell ya! I am glad for his team's sake that he started off well because he has been known to dip if he loses early on in any team tour (Don't @ me it's just statistics man). Both players have a great shot at winning here, Monai showed great preparations and skill that you expect from any good BW Ubers player so you can't really consider him a novice in my opinion. Huge toss up here but I'll go with Evu here based on experience. Monai lost to him once but I don't seem him ever being demoralized from that!

DPP: lax (50%) vs. eden (50%)

I've realized I've spent too much time and effort writing this so I'll try to cut it short. Both eden and lax have had a lackluster start to this tour and have been doin their best to recover. Eden can win when it matters and so can lax. lax's wins have been hella funny so it is down to eden to avoid getting trolled like that. Doing this a 50-50 cause honestly anybody can win it. You are in finals so your record means absolutely nothing now, go out there and do your best lads!

ADV: fourmi (55%) vs. mitana (45%)

I have watched both these players throughout this UPL live. Mitana has the edge in terms of prep but I think fourmi's game sense is better here. I would usually bold mitana but fourmi beat me last week and I am not dumbo in denial so I must bold him here. While mitana has great preparations in the builder, fourmi also seems to have good support from his team which may make up for any lack of prep work he alone may experience. I definitely think we have the Top 2 ADV players in the finals so make sure to log in on PS! to watch this game!

GSC: TonyFlygon (60%) vs. Torchic (40%)

TonyFlygon was undefeated throughout the group stages in SS but was suddenly slotted into GSC in the Semi-Finals. Being from their opponent's team, that definitely caught me off-guard but in hindsight it makes absolute sense since he is probably the next best player to play GSC after Lax, who had been swapped to DPP. Tony knows his shit no matter what tier he plays because he would only agree to playing if he knew he's going to win. Torchic on the other hand, has been subbing in occasionally to play GSC. He was undefeated until last week when he used Quagsire. Sorry bro but Quagsire is only good in the OU below and anime. I'm afraid your choice of teams last week inclined to bold Antonio here.

BO3: Star (55%) vs. Ayaka (45%)

Star and Ayaka both have been struggling in this tour; Star is 4-4 while Ayaka is 3-4. As I've mentioned earlier, none of this actually matters. Especially when you got two highly decorated players fully capable of playing at 100% in Play-Offs situations (Just look at this dude). I think Star has far better support from his team. This is backed up by the Durian's group of SS, SM, and ORAS players who are fully capable of providing top tier support. However, once they start their game, it will be up the players to show their resilience in battle.

A wise old friend of mine once said "Don't lose"

Last edited:

The Dovahneer

UPL Champion
really low effort predicts expect some to be wrong lolol

Defiant Durians (5) vs. Void Villains (3)

SS: jonfilch vs. Fc (i dont have enough ss experience to give explanations or odds, same with gsc)
USM: Garay oak vs. Rhmsitb 70-30 (garay should be favored against every player in the usm pool but rhm could have the technology, although even if he does the question is will he execute? this is gonna be a good game imo)
ORAS: FatFighter2 vs. Royal1604 55-45 (royal has more experience playing the tier but its oras and fatfighter can easily roll up with some autowin matchup)
BW: Monai vs. Evuelf 65-35 (evuelf has more experience and should win in a straight up game but the upset is definitely possible thru a good mu call or some good plays)
DPP: lax vs. eden 60-40 (i remember lax being pretty fire on qwilas before he faded out of existence and i dont know much about eden, could be very wrong here)
GSC: TonyFlygon vs. Torchic (tony GOAT)
BO3: Star vs. Ayaka 60-40 (these guys have lots of experience, could go either way but im gonna bold ayaka for now)

bruh it's sunday

Defiant Durians (6) vs. Void Villains (4)
ORAS: FatFighter2 vs. Royal1604 - Friendship ended with Zacian Waifu. Now Primal Waifu is my best friend? FF2 is definitely proving that there are levels to this shit, and as great of a player Royal is, FF2's arsenal of unorthodox sets and disciplined positional gameplay should earn him the win.
DPP: lax vs. eden - While eden likely has the support to make higher quality builds and more informed decisions about team choice, that all goes out the window if the actual game isn't executed well which is more of lax's domain.

good luck everyone

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)