Tournament Ubers Premier League VII - Week 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minority

Numquam Vincar
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

(art by Kaiju Bunny)

Welcome to UPL VII, here's a few things to remember:
- A replay / log must be saved of your match or it will be considered invalid. No exceptions.
- General tournament rules and regulations apply. Pokemon Showdown is the default simulator for all metagames unless both parties agree. If you play on anywhere that isn't PS! you must save a log of the match. All matches are best of one, except for the best of three slot.

We reserve the right to judge any individual match on a case by case basis, regardless of assumed precedence set. If you don't like that, you are welcome to not play. Be aware of this.

To protect yourself as much as possible from DCs and timer issues, play on Showdown (because it has an at least semi reliable system of rejoining after a DC) and make a gentleman's agreement to not hit timer.

To help handle all DC cases you will need to submit your teams to the UPL host before the match. You do not have to submit, but if you do, you protect yourself from the opponent taking a win. It's a simple procedure that removes most subjectivity from a decision regarding a DC. Unlike with the scheduling restrictions, all you have to do is submit the team you are using at anytime before the match takes place. Read this rule and understand this now before you join the tournament. Since I'm stating this now, I'm basically going to ignore you if you DC, didn't submit a team, and "had a guaranteed win." Expect it. Also note that I'm going to let the player (not the team), decide whether he is going to take the win or go another route (replay same moves, replay different teams, etc.).

Regarding time outs, they are a bit more complex, specifically because some timeouts are due to DCs. The best we can do for this scenario is say that there is some number between 1 minute and 2 minutes (which we will not publicize) that we will set as a limit for timing out, and if you timeout with more than that limit time remaining, we'll assume it is a DC, whereas the opposite is a true timeout. A true timeout defaults to a loss, while the DC timeout is prone to the DC rules (did you submit or not).

382_01.png

Devastating Dialgas (6) vs. DaReal Drizzlers (2)

USM: KyogreF4N vs. elodin
USM: orch vs. Eternal Spirit
USM: March Fires vs. Alkione
ORAS: Vileman vs. Serga
BW: PROBLEMS vs. Blim
DPP: Hack vs. BKC
ADV: Exiline vs. Finchinator
Bo3 (USM | ORAS | BW): Edgar vs. Cynara

792.png
385.png

Luminous Lunalas (4) vs. Jubilant Jirachis (4)

USM: Paycard vs. skysolo14
USM: Leru vs. lax
USM: Chill Shadow vs. Garay oak
ORAS: Aishia vs. LucosDICampos
BW: Alex Walls vs. ZoroDark
DPP: Highlord vs. Lasen
ADV: p2 vs. Pearl
Bo3 (USM | ORAS | BW): Poek vs. Melle2402

802.png
598.png

Choice Bandits (5) vs. Defiant Durians (3)

USM: Zesty43 vs. PurpleGatorade
USM: Royal1604 vs. byronthewellwell
USM: Mysterious M vs. Pigeons
ORAS: Lacus Ichinose vs. rozes
BW: FLCL vs. Kebabe
DPP: Stone_Cold vs. M Dragon
ADV: iry vs. Kushalos
Bo3 (USM | ORAS | BW): Evuelf vs. TDK

DEADLINE IS APRIL 14 AT 11:59 PM PT

Last edited:
games i'm eager to see

BW: PROBLEMS vs. Blim: enjoyed both guys games this past week, I thought that olli played better but lost to a tech and expect him to take this week but would be like a 55:45 mu
DPP: Highlord vs. Lasen: has really good team support and is gonna be stupid motivated for this game highlord did not impress me as much in game week 1 and I think that could be do to lack of info on his opp, I'm not sure that lasen has a ton of replays in dpp.
DPP: Hack vs. BKC : another extremely tight game, thought hack looked really good in his return outside of what I would call a suspect Sm team but I give BKC the slightest of edges purely based on it being dpp another 55:45
USM: Leru vs. lax: lax is prolly my fav player to watch on the site dudes insane, I think given a close mu he outplays and takes this game.

Last edited:

keys

It's Prime Time
is a Forum Moderatoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Devastating Dialgas (4) vs. DaReal Drizzlers (4)

USM: KyogreF4N vs. elodin - more USM Ubers experience/knowledge as well as a quality player. Elodin could surprise and outplay if he has a solid team (which he prob will cuz Sarah) but I think it's too wild to predict against KF4N in this one.
USM: orch vs. Eternal Spirit - ES is a great player and should have an offensive build that he can break down orch with. Orch is too prone to bringing off the wall shit and I feel like he's not going to be able to pull this one out, despite his solid Week 1 showing.
USM: March Fires vs. Alkione - toughest game to call in SM for these two teams, both incredible players in my eyes (even though neither played super great games W1) but I feel like Tape will just about edge it out (WHY IS TAPE NOT IN THE BO3 SLOT FFS).
ORAS: Vileman vs. Serga - When he's not using dogshit teams, Vileman is actually quite a capable ORAS player (played a ton of ORAS w/ him alr) while Serga was extremely mediocre Week 1, so gotta go w/ the penta winner here.
BW: PROBLEMS vs. Blim - Oli crust choked last week after starting out the game extremely well which made this an easier call than it probably should have been for me. Blim is incredible and probably will be challenging for the top BW record this season.
DPP: Hack vs. BKC - Toughest call to make between drizzle and mukkers this week by a longshot. Both great DPP players and teambuilders, but my gut is telling me to go w/ Hack so I won't question it.
ADV: Exiline vs. Finchinator - Idk if this classifies as an upset but I think Finch has been quite good at ADV since picking it up, especially with MM2's support behind the scenes. Both players should bring sound teams (both teams have incredible ADV support) and it will come down to which player can put themselves in the driver's seat early on.
Bo3 (USM | ORAS | BW): Edgar vs. Cynara - Other than BW, Sarah is considerably better at the other gens as well as the question mark that is edgar's recent activity and involvement, so I feel like she takes this series somewhat comfortably, despite edgar being a solid player in all 3.

Luminous Lunalas (3) vs. Jubilant Jirachis (5)

USM: Paycard vs. skysolo14 - I think super highly of both and I believe this will be a quality game, however, solo has the higher ceiling and will probably have the better team coming into it too.
USM: Leru vs. lax - If leru even plays this game, which is already a tough prediction in itself, he could come out w/ it. However, lax has been on fire lately and I don't think his lack of familiarity with the tier is enough to where he can't outplay leru anyway.
USM: Chill Shadow vs. Garay oak - One of the top players in Ubers rn against someone who had a decent showing Week 1 and won against one of the other top players in Ubers rn. Could go either way and CS is definitely a competent player but I don't see Garay losing a SM Ubers game until Week 5.
ORAS: Aishia vs. LucosDICampos - I've been high on Aishia since before the tour (she was part of our draft plan even) and I think she has the potential to put on a good display week in week out. Lucos brought a really questionable team Week 1 so I'm going w/ the 16.5K player here.
BW: Alex Walls vs. ZoroDark - Alex played Week 1 super poorly and I don't rate his BW at all. Zoro is a solid player who's been putting up results in BW Ubers for a while now, so I'm going with the LC main here, as long as he remembers to hit all his moves.
DPP: Highlord vs. Lasen - As much as Highlord brought a mediocre team and played Week 1 poorly in my eyes and basically allowed dave to fully take the game if he wanted to, he's still a super competent DPP player and should be able to handle Lasen, who's a good jack of all trades sub but not quite there yet in terms of DPP.
ADV: p2 vs. Ismakhil - Not impressed by Ismakhil's debut last week while p2 is someone I've been praising for ages now in ADV (I even approached him last year about buying him when I thought I was going to manage). I think p2 has a much more tangible grasp of the tier and will probably win comfortably if he brings something solid.
Bo3 (USM | ORAS | BW): Poek vs. Melle2402 - Even though I don't really agree with Melle being in the Bo3 slot, I think he's carrying his Week 1 momentum and putting down Poek this week. Despite beating Evu in BW, I don't think Poek is good enough in BW and I don't know if I can see him taking ORAS and SM against Melle (esp with the support he has this year). A bit of an upset but I trust the magic of the sweaty hands :blobwizard:

Also, go bandits :blobuwu:

Devastating Dialgas (4) vs. DaReal Drizzlers (4)

USM: KyogreF4N vs. elodin - more USM Ubers experience/knowledge as well as a quality player. Elodin could surprise and outplay if he has a solid team (which he prob will cuz Sarah) but I think it's too wild to predict against KF4N in this one.
USM: orch vs. Eternal Spirit - ES is a great player and should have an offensive build that he can break down orch with. Orch is too prone to bringing off the wall shit and I feel like he's not going to be able to pull this one out, despite his solid Week 1 showing.
USM: March Fires vs. Alkione - toughest game to call in SM for these two teams, both incredible players in my eyes (even though neither played super great games W1) but I feel like Tape will just about edge it out (WHY IS TAPE NOT IN THE BO3 SLOT FFS).
ORAS: Vileman vs. Serga - When he's not using dogshit teams, Vileman is actually quite a capable ORAS player (played a ton of ORAS w/ him alr) while Serga was extremely mediocre Week 1, so gotta go w/ the penta winner here.
BW: PROBLEMS vs. Blim - Oli crust choked last week after starting out the game extremely well which made this an easier call than it probably should have been for me. Blim is incredible and probably will be challenging for the top BW record this season.
DPP: Hack vs. BKC - Toughest call to make between drizzle and mukkers this week by a longshot. Both great DPP players and teambuilders, but my gut is telling me to go w/ Hack so I won't question it.
ADV: Exiline vs. Finchinator - Idk if this classifies as an upset but I think Finch has been quite good at ADV since picking it up, especially with MM2's support behind the scenes. Both players should bring sound teams (both teams have incredible ADV support) and it will come down to which player can put themselves in the driver's seat early on.
Bo3 (USM | ORAS | BW): Edgar vs. Cynara - Other than BW, Sarah is considerably better at the other gens as well as the question mark that is edgar's recent activity and involvement, so I feel like she takes this series somewhat comfortably, despite edgar being a solid player in all 3.

Luminous Lunalas (3) vs. Jubilant Jirachis (5)

USM: Paycard vs. skysolo14 - I think super highly of both and I believe this will be a quality game, however, solo has the higher ceiling and will probably have the better team coming into it too.
USM: Leru vs. lax - If leru even plays this game, which is already a tough prediction in itself, he could come out w/ it. However, lax has been on fire lately and I don't think his lack of familiarity with the tier is enough to where he can't outplay leru anyway.
USM: Chill Shadow vs. Garay oak - One of the top players in Ubers rn against someone who had a decent showing Week 1 and won against one of the other top players in Ubers rn. Could go either way and CS is definitely a competent player but I don't see Garay losing a SM Ubers game until Week 5.
ORAS: Aishia vs. LucosDICampos - I've been high on Aishia since before the tour (she was part of our draft plan even) and I think she has the potential to put on a good display week in week out. Lucos brought a really questionable team Week 1 so I'm going w/ the 16.5K player here.
BW: Alex Walls vs. ZoroDark - Alex played Week 1 super poorly and I don't rate his BW at all. Zoro is a solid player who's been putting up results in BW Ubers for a while now, so I'm going with the LC main here, as long as he remembers to hit all his moves.
DPP: Highlord vs. Lasen - As much as Highlord brought a mediocre team and played Week 1 poorly in my eyes and basically allowed dave to fully take the game if he wanted to, he's still a super competent DPP player and should be able to handle Lasen, who's a good jack of all trades sub but not quite there yet in terms of DPP.
ADV: p2 vs. Ismakhil - Not impressed by Ismakhil's debut last week while p2 is someone I've been praising for ages now in ADV (I even approached him last year about buying him when I thought I was going to manage). I think p2 has a much more tangible grasp of the tier and will probably win comfortably if he brings something solid.
Bo3 (USM | ORAS | BW): Poek vs. Melle2402 - Even though I don't really agree with Melle being in the Bo3 slot, I think he's carrying his Week 1 momentum and putting down Poek this week. Despite beating Evu in BW, I don't think Poek is good enough in BW and I don't know if I can see him taking ORAS and SM against Melle (esp with the support he has this year). A bit of an upset but I trust the magic of the sweaty hands :blobwizard:

Also, go bandits :blobuwu:
you're making a big mistake predicting against the calamity.

Here we have a present forum mod and Uber’s torch holder named Dream who instead of motivating players to improve or making them note their flaws , is tryna just label them “shit” . I wonder how he’s in a position to critique players when has not been tested in a tour himself. Criticizing is fine but not at the point where you are calling players who have definitely played more than you not so skilled or unimpressive. I wanna see your ass in the tours this year. We been friends for a hot minute now but idk where all the aggression towards players coming from lmao

Stop with the hate smh. As a manager you do everything to have success with your team and i don’t think Dream was harsh anywhere.
Also Dream is a contributing member of the Ubers Community for years now and he knows pretty much everyone. You dont need great tour results on your own to call other players ‚not so skilled‘ or ‚unimpressive‘. He plays this game for years now and knows pretty much every player, so I think he is in a position to critique players

Stop with the hate smh. As a manager you do everything to have success with your team and i don’t think Dream was harsh anywhere.
Also Dream is a contributing member of the Ubers Community for years now and he knows pretty much everyone. You dont need great tour results on your own to call other players ‚not so skilled‘ or ‚unimpressive‘. He plays this game for years now and knows pretty much every player, so I think he is in a position to critique players
Right . I’m calling my friend Chad to critique the next weeks games. He’s a bartender at our uni’s bar. Him and dream have the exact same results in official tours. Bet he’s gonna make some hot predicts. CANT WAIT!

Last edited:

SparksBlade

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Community Leader
seeing the barren threads, dream sacrificed himself for the entertainment. if that isn't a shining role model, idk what is

Devastating Dialgas (3) vs. DaReal Drizzlers (5) important win for drizzlers

USM: KyogreF4N vs. elodin - kfan was actually pretty well in snake, bar getting ttg'd twice, but i think that was close to peak and the momentum isn't there anymore. elodin imo is a better player and im trusting he won't be sent in with 0 homework. the edge is small but that's where my faith lies

USM: orch vs. Eternal Spirit - while orch has been respectable in the teams he uses, making it difficult to counterstyle(NOT COUNTERTEAM) him, he did almost choke last weak but got bailed by crit on the xern when everything else would've lost to darkceus. his opp on the other hand is more contained in his tendencies to make such plays and, just like elodin, should be fine with some homework

USM: March Fires vs. Alkione - the australian crust had a really good game last week after slumbering in the alleys daydrinking for months. alkione has had good showings but i still don't think he's got his break yet. looking forward to friend haxing friend

ORAS: Vileman vs. Serga - winning penta showed that vileman hasn't reduced to just playing super casually on smogtours, and still has sharp fangs. good momentum+good team support and the intimidation factor of better-than-astounded webs should be enough to get the W

BW: PROBLEMS vs. Blim - oli played really well week 1 till the groudon sack which left all confused. blim played his normal game and the rng meant he was always comfortable. i think oli will be feeling better about his plays vs kebabe and will be in the zone to make it 1-1 for him

DPP: Hack vs. BKC - while bkc is far more knowledgeable about the intricacies of dpp, i don't think he'll pull out anything too obscure. hack too is decently well versed in the gen, and these two have surely played each other enough to know of the other's styles and tendencies. bkc had a convincing win week 1 while hack is having to switch gears here, so i'll just throw momentum as an excuse here

ADV: Exiline vs. Finchinator - idk either's adv, or adv in general, enough to comment, so this is more so a wish than a prediction cos i can't handle exiline's shittalk for 2 weeks in a row. alternate weeks is tolerable

Bo3 (USM | ORAS | BW): Edgar vs. Cynara - not quite a good showing by sarah week 1, with the bw win also being hard fought. but i think she's better at both oras and usm, and hopefully doesn't let nerves get the better of her or hide behind excuses cos she still could become such an even more amazing player

------------------------------------------

Luminous Lunalas (4) vs. Jubilant Jirachis (4) lunalas waiting to be as lucky as dream claimed they were, tight week but they would prefer to win after wasting week 1 already

USM: Paycard vs. skysolo14 - solo having the time of his life with win after win piling up since the start of this year making his father gunner proud and adding his name as the brightest prospects for the coming times. idk what paycard's been up to these days on any of his alts, and the week 1 win was too easy from turn 1 off the builder, not showcasing his playing abilities much so im not sure

USM: Leru vs. lax - lax had a good showing last week with a 100% controlled game, while leru didn't show up last week cos the game was before sunday, this is still one of my favorite games to look forward to cos leru isn't really a pushover and it's been a while

USM: Chill Shadow vs. Garay oak - commanding win last week, and the madness after going out in ssnl in a not so beautiful manner, should driver garay enough to get this win over cs, who did have a very close game vs the top usm dog last week

ORAS: Aishia vs. LucosDICampos - too lazy to go watch oras cup, last week's game is the only one i've seen aishia play. while not too bad, lacus made it too easy with plays that suit a deo-a team more. lucos brought an abomination with a very clear idea of being off-meta and a step up from turn 1. if aishia is as good as dream whines(did win the oras cup, can't be outright shabby), lucos has to rely on astounded getting the matchup for him again. also ties are fun to watch

BW: Alex Walls vs. ZoroDark - more oiled player, while alex's game last week still had some signs of rust. still should be a joy to watch barring zoro's continued dodgy luck

DPP: Highlord vs. Lasen - while lasen could pull a surprising one like last year, common sense dictates to predict for the guy who's all talk about his own dpp prowess. also contributed to a funny quote by stone cold last week, that was good

ADV: p2 vs. Ismakhil - p2 is better, ismakhil didn't have the best of the starts, idk more adv than that

Bo3 (USM | ORAS | BW): Poek vs. Melle2402 - poek was great last week, taking the bw game off of evuelf, and only getting fucked by the sneaky toxic scolipede without which it would've been a real hot game. melle on the other hand, didn't look so comfortable in the whole bo3, being slightly ahead but always leaving room for sarah to catch up.

Vileman

Actually a Nice Fella
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
UPL Champion
Dream posted quality content that produced further content. Who cares about qualifications, predicts, and all of that dumb details? Please don't stop posting.
he did hurt my feelings by only calling me "capable",,,even moreso after beating his butt 80% of the time playing him and using my dogshit teams :blobpensive:
on a more relevant note, ill fite with serga thursday 5-6 pm gmt-4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)