Tournament Ubers Live IV - Host Signups + Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eledyr

Le vilain petit Wooloo
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Host
Translations Leader
The fourth edition of the Ubers Live starts on the 13th of August! If you aren't familiar with the Ubers Live, it's a tournament similar to the official Smogon Tour - a live tournament that starts at a specific time on the weekends and runs in real time till its done (usually takes an hour or so) on the Smogon Tournaments server. This means we need hosts willing to take some time out of their nights for a fast and busy tournament format. Ubers Live is a type B tournament!

Here's the schedule of how the tour will run:

Week 1 - SS
Week 2 - USM
Week 3 - ORAS
Week 4 - SS
Week 5 - USM
Week 6 - ORAS

The tournament will run at the same times as the last edition of the tour, which means:

Saturdays: 10pm GMT -4
Sundays: 12pm GMT -4

To players looking to join - you can participate in both days, but only your furthest run will count in terms of points. You can't earn points from both days. This tournament will be decided with a playoffs format (just like the Ubers Classic) to earn Type B circuit points.

Regarding the playoffs format - For the playoffs of this tournament, we will be using a best of three format where SS is played first and then the loser chooses between SM or ORAS and if needed the players will play the left out tier and it will decide the winner of the series.

To hosts looking to help out - We're opening up the first four weeks worth of slots first and then the last slots will open up after Week 3 finishes. Hosts cannot play on the day they are hosting! I will aim to spread out assignments so the same host isn't doing both days in a week, which lets them play on the other day if they want.

To those wondering how hosting works - this guide describes pretty much everything, but it won't all apply for various reasons. We will send a DM to every selected host on the forums with something just like this for you to go through before the weeks begin. We also have a #tour-hosts channel in the Ubers Discord that Live hosts will be given the "Tournament Contributor" Discord role to be able to ask questions and all that fun stuff, so you won't be left to figure it out solo. Hosting these tours also counts for something towards the Community Contributor badge
(and Pre-Contributor
) if you were looking for more incentives. So... here's what you can sign up to host right now:

Week 1 - SS Ubers

Saturday 13th August - 10pm GMT -4
Sunday 14th August - 12pm GMT -4

Week 2 - USM Ubers

Saturday 20th August - 10pm GMT -4
Sunday 21st August - 12pm GMT -4

Week 3 - ORAS Ubers

Saturday 27th August - 10pm GMT -4
Sunday 28th August - 12pm GMT -4

Week 4 - SS Ubers (2)

Saturday 3rd September - 10pm GMT -4
Sunday 4th September - 12pm GMT -4

Ideally every slot has one primary host and one as a backup. Just post in this thread what days you are willing and available to host!

Last edited:

Eledyr

Le vilain petit Wooloo
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Host
Translations Leader
Time to reveal the hosts:

Week 1 - SS Ubers

Saturday 13th August - 10pm GMT -4
Primary: 7u9i2 | Backup:

Sunday 14th August - 12pm GMT -4
Primary: Holy Ghost | Backup: Eledyr

Week 2 - USM Ubers

Saturday 20th August - 10pm GMT -4

Sunday 21st August - 12pm GMT -4
Primary: Eledyr | Backup: SparksBlade

Week 3 - ORAS Ubers

Saturday 27th August - 10pm GMT -4
Primary: GeniusFromHoenn | Backup: 7u9i2

Sunday 28th August - 12pm GMT -4
Primary: Goblin | Backup: AtraX Madara

Week 4 - SS Ubers (2)

Saturday 3rd September - 10pm GMT -4

Sunday 4th September - 12pm GMT -4
Primary: Holy Ghost | Backup: Eledyr

As you can see we are still missing a few backup slots so if you are interested in potentially host, give it a try and contact me on Discord (Eledyr#1136)! If you notice a mistake or if you can no longer make the time you are assigned to please let me know ASAP!

Last edited:

Eledyr

Le vilain petit Wooloo
Translations Leader
You can now signup as host (or backup) for week 5 and week 6 either for Saturdays and/or Sundays!

A quick reminder of the times:

Saturdays: 10pm GMT -4
Sundays 12pm GMT -4

Thank you to the previous hosts you guys did great :blobthumbsup:

Eledyr

Le vilain petit Wooloo
Translations Leader
Sorry for the delay, here are the last hosts:

Week 5 - USM Ubers

Saturday 10th September - 10pm GMT -4
Primary: 7u9i2 | Backup: Holy Ghost

Sunday 11th September - 12pm GMT -4
Primary: Eledyr | Backup:

Week 6 - ORAS Ubers

Saturday 17th September - 10pm GMT -4
Primary: 7u9i2 | Backup: Holy Ghost

Sunday 18th September - 12pm GMT -4
Primary: Eledyr | Backup: Ainzcrad

As you can see we are still missing a few backup slots so if you are interested in potentially host, give it a try and contact me on Discord (Eledyr#1136)! If you notice a mistake or if you can no longer make the time you are assigned to please let me know ASAP!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)