Pet Mod Ubermons - Concluded

ViZar

your toast is burned
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Haven't counted until now lol
I’d bet you copied from G-Luke but you forgot Rule 2 of voting.

Make sure to let ViZar knowof your changed voting just in case, too.

Speaking of which, here's the winner for Moody! Congrats to Samtendo09!
Ability: Moody
New Effect: This Pokémon’s lowest non-HP stat raise by 2 stages on switch-in, but lower highest stat by 1 stage.
Distributions: :mesprit::morpeko::spinda::plusle::minun::beautifly::dustox:
Description: Luck-free variant with customizable ways to help the Pokémon with jack-of-all-trade stats or lack of specialty to become specialized. Think of customizable Huge Power but with a cost of unable to make use of one of your higher stats.
With that, I'd like to continue with the penultimate Slate.

Slate 25: Grind
:ss/ninjask::ss/scolipede::ss/mew::ss/vaporeon::ss/espeon:

The problem with Baton Pass is well-known. The chains that try to gain boost after boost and then pass onto a Pokemon that sweeps entire teams is really unhealthy and the definition of match-up fishing. However, it has elements that are quite appreciative like drypassing, which is just a U-turn or Volt Switch basically, or passing a Substitute.

The task here is to make Baton Pass viable without contributing to those Baton Pass chains. You are allowed to remove or add Baton Pass to a Pokemon's movepool.

This slate will last for 5 days.

Have Fun!​

Last edited:
Name: Baton Pass
Type: Normal
Category: Status
BP: ---
Acc: ---
PP: 64
Effect: User switches out.
New Distribution: :charmander::timburr::dusclops::trubbish::guzzlord::kangaskhan::riolu::wooper::tympole:
Description: Someone has to make plain dry pass. Baton Pass doesn't need anything else to see some use as dry passing is fine on its own. This allows for some pokemon to pivot that normally can't like most Eeveelutions, Shedinja, Pyuku, Latitwins, & Mawile-Mega, plus the new distribution boosts some cool pokemon like Charizard, Conk, Guzz, Kanga-Mega, Lucario-Mega, Quag, & Seismitoad.

Move Name: Baton Pass
BP: --
Acc: --
PP: 40
Effect: Inverts the user's stat changes, then passes them on (along with all other Baton Pass-able effects) to the next Pokémon to switch in.
New Users: :serperior:
Description: Here's the answer to stopping Baton Pass chains. You can still use it to pass stat boosts, but it's significantly harder because there are much fewer moves available to reduce your own stats - at best you can pass a Nasty Plot or two from Overheat or its clones, maybe a Cosmic Power from Close Combat. And you can pull off straight Baton Pass chains still, since Baton Passing twice sets your stats to normal, but that inefficiency makes them much harder to pull off and means you'll need to spend at least one turn with a Pokémon whose stats are nerfed into the ground. At the same time, this provides some helpful if niche functions - you can Baton Pass to a physical attacker after being Intimidated, or prevent the next Pokémon from being affected by Sticky Web (or even giving it a Speed boost if it's not grounded or has Boots), and all the cool non-stat stuff Baton Pass can do is maintained.

ViZar

your toast is burned
Power: -
Accuracy: -%
Category:

Type:

Effect: User switches out. The user's stat changes get removed beforehand.
Priority: 0
Flags: -
Target: self
Description: I originally wanted to make Baton Pass only boost one stat boost, like it does in Gen 3 OU currently, but after getting reminded of the coding horrors that might come with it, I decided to do something simpler here. Hoenn Gaiden has this implemented and I think that it is one of the best ways to change Baton Pass and keeping some unique traits it has like passing Substitutes.

Type:

Priority: -6
Effect: User faints, replacement receives any stat changes they had before.
Description: Basically a version of baton pass where you can't snowball with substitute up and you can't just keep passin shit around all-day. More risk involved and high reward.

Ema Skye

Work!
PP: 8
Effect: User loses 50% HP to create a substitute, then switches out with the substitute.
New Distribution:
Description: In case there isn't a Gen 9 version of Ubermons, this lets us play around with one of the new Gen 9 moves (Tail Shed). Sub pass is dope and easily the coolest use of Sub ever, and so this allows it to exist under one move slot.

ViZar

your toast is burned
Ema Skye said:
In case there isn't a Gen 9 version of Ubermons
depends if people want it or not lol

24h warning for submissions
The submissions are good thus far

I have some announcements too.

First. There will be some balance changes

:ss/necrozma-ultra:
97/139/91/139/91/127 => 97/127/103/127/103/113
Prismatic Laser's Basepower reduced from 75 => 70
Ultra Necrozma is really hard to deal with due to its immense power, high speed and solid bulk for an offensive mon. The fact that it can either go with a Swords Dance set, that can set-up easily and 2HKO or even OHKO everything, or a Special set, that has great coverage including Prismatic Laser that hits Dark-types, is scary. On top of that, :necrozma-Dawn-Wings: and :necrozma-Dusk-Mane: are good Pokemon and you don't know if it is transforming or not. :necrozma-Dusk-Mane: can utilize Swords Dance pretty well and :necrozma-Dawn-Wings: is a special attacker by nature, so it creates a guessing name that isn't fun to play against. Thus, its offensive prowess was nerfed alongside making its defenses acutal prime numbers.

:ss/dialga:
80/100/100/130/80/80 => 80/100/100/125/80/85
Persistant got removed
Setting Trick Room was incredibly easy for Dialga and its good typing, bulk, power and the extended Trick Room made it hard to deal with. The only Pokemon that could outrun it in Trick Room were base 55 Spe and below. Notable Pokemon are :calyrex-ice:, :zygarde-complete: and :blissey: (note: they can run 0 EVs and neutral Natures to do so) and only the former two can threaten it out while the latter can switch into it safely. This nerf makes it weaker and also slower in Trick Room, now allowing base 60 Spe Pokemon (:clefable::aegislash::swampert::zamazenta-crowned::magnezone:) to outrun it under Trick Room. The removal of Persistant makes it also easier to stall out the Trick Room turns.

:ss/deoxys::ss/deoxys-attack::ss/deoxys-defense::ss/deoxys-speed:
Got access to Spikes, Superpower, Extreme Speed, Focus Blast, Taunt
Deoxys was a part of earlier slates thus the nerfs needed to be more severe. With it gaining those moves again, it can be more effective with offensive or defensive sets. Deoxys-N, of all things, got the biggest from this since it has a good blend of power and bulk to utilise all of those regained moves, but the other formes can utilise them as well.

Second. This is a spontanious decision (since I got this idea when I woke up lol)
I decided to make a Random Battles format for Ubermons so that getting into the mod is easier and maybe we can determine from problems along the way.

PP: 10
Effect: Resets all stats, then this Pokemon's highest stat is raised by 1 stage, the user is replaced with another Pokemon in its party, and the selected Pokemon inherits the user stat change.

Description: Baton pass is gonna be unique still in that it still can pass stats. What makes this balanced? The receiving Pokémon can only receive a one stage boost in one stat, this can help Pokémon a lot and help their issues. I doubt many pokemon will be broken right after receiving a +1 speed, attack, or sp. attack boost. This can also give defensive pokemon utility using this move as to help pokemon switch into opposing pokemon.

ViZar

your toast is burned
Starting Voting now!

Voting Rules:
  1. You have to vote for 3 people (no more, no less)
  2. Self Votes are allowed but not for first place
  3. If you change your votes, let me know in some shape or form
Effect: User switches out.
New Distribution: :charmander::timburr::dusclops::trubbish::guzzlord::kangaskhan::riolu::wooper::tympole:
Description: Someone has to make plain dry pass. Baton Pass doesn't need anything else to see some use as dry passing is fine on its own. This allows for some pokemon to pivot that normally can't like most Eeveelutions, Shedinja, Pyuku, Latitwins, & Mawile-Mega, plus the new distribution boosts some cool pokemon like Charizard, Conk, Guzz, Kanga-Mega, Lucario-Mega, Quag, & Seismitoad.
PP: 40
Effect: Inverts the user's stat changes, then passes them on (along with all other Baton Pass-able effects) to the next Pokémon to switch in.
New Users: :serperior:
Description: Here's the answer to stopping Baton Pass chains. You can still use it to pass stat boosts, but it's significantly harder because there are much fewer moves available to reduce your own stats - at best you can pass a Nasty Plot or two from Overheat or its clones, maybe a Cosmic Power from Close Combat. And you can pull off straight Baton Pass chains still, since Baton Passing twice sets your stats to normal, but that inefficiency makes them much harder to pull off and means you'll need to spend at least one turn with a Pokémon whose stats are nerfed into the ground. At the same time, this provides some helpful if niche functions - you can Baton Pass to a physical attacker after being Intimidated, or prevent the next Pokémon from being affected by Sticky Web (or even giving it a Speed boost if it's not grounded or has Boots), and all the cool non-stat stuff Baton Pass can do is maintained.
Category:

Type:

Description: I originally wanted to make Baton Pass only boost one stat boost, like it does in Gen 3 OU currently, but after getting reminded of the coding horrors that might come with it, I decided to do something simpler here. Hoenn Gaiden has this implemented and I think that it is one of the best ways to change Baton Pass and keeping some unique traits it has like passing Substitutes.
Type:

Priority: -6
Effect: User faints, replacement receives any stat changes they had before.
Description: Basically a version of baton pass where you can't snowball with substitute up and you can't just keep passin shit around all-day. More risk involved and high reward.
PP: 8
Effect: User loses 50% HP to create a substitute, then switches out with the substitute.
New Distribution:
Description: In case there isn't a Gen 9 version of Ubermons, this lets us play around with one of the new Gen 9 moves (Tail Shed). Sub pass is dope and easily the coolest use of Sub ever, and so this allows it to exist under one move slot.
PP: 10
Effect: Resets all stats, then this Pokemon's highest stat is raised by 1 stage, the user is replaced with another Pokemon in its party, and the selected Pokemon inherits the user stat change.

Description: Baton pass is gonna be unique still in that it still can pass stats. What makes this balanced? The receiving Pokémon can only receive a one stage boost in one stat, this can help Pokémon a lot and help their issues. I doubt many pokemon will be broken right after receiving a +1 speed, attack, or sp. attack boost. This can also give defensive pokemon utility using this move as to help pokemon switch into opposing pokemon.

Voting lasts for 72 hours

ViZar

your toast is burned
Voting is over! Congrats to uhhh... me!

1665410634229.png

Category:

Type:

Since it's a bit awkward talking about me as the winner, I'd rather mention that the last Slate will be opened later today. Stay Tuned!​

ViZar

your toast is burned
Now, we will move onto the last slate.

Slate 26: End Credits
:ss/eternatus:

Yes, this is the last slate for Ubermons. Kinda fitting that we have Dynamax and Eternatus here. Eternatus will be treated like the other legendaries that we did thus far. However, the difficulty here will be balancing Dynamax since it isn't as easy as removing moves, nerfing stats and changing abilities. Dynamax has many elements that make it hard to deal with.

For Eternatus, you have to aim for a BST of 600. Movepool, Ability and Typing changes are allowed and you are also allowed to change Dynamax Cannon and Eternabeam.

For Dynamax, nerf it as you desire. Core mechanics like higher HP, more powerful moves and the secondary effects of moves have to be part of the new design but they are allowed to be changed. As for Gigantamax, you can change G-Max moves as you want and if you want you can make Gigantamax Pokemon more special.

This slate will last for 14 days.

Have Fun!​

:ss/eternatus:

HP: 140 -> 130
Attack: 85 -> 85
Defense: 95 -> 80
Sp. Atk: 145 -> 115
Sp. Def: 95 -> 80
Speed: 130 -> 100
BST: 690 -> 600
Type: Dragon/Poison
Ability: Pressure
Movepool changes: none (maybe ill do some later if i see fit)
(Eternabeam: User cannot move next turn -> The user loses its focus and does nothing if it is hit by a damaging attack this turn before it can execute the move. Also changed to -3 priority)
(Dynamax Cannon: 100 BP Damage doubles if the target is Dynamaxed. -> 90BP Lowers the target's defenses by one stage if it is dynamaxed"

What do these changes to eternatus do? they make eternatus less bulkier, weaker, and slower which makes counterplay much easier to find such as the speed making it from blazing fast to pretty fast and having counterplay to outspeed it. Its bulk has been lowered in general which means that taking attacks will be harder and it has to spend more time clicking recover. Its special attack makes it much less threatening in that its 3 attack LO sets exert much less pressure esp with the chip that comes with using LO. Eternabeam has turned to a focus punch, which means that if it gets its turns right it can launch a nuclear attack if it guesses right, otherwise it just wastes a turn. Dynamax cannon is getting its power lowered (because i decided to look at offensive eternatus' calcs) and decided that it needs to be weaker + changed it so dynamax isn't useless vs it

Last edited:
:eternatus-eternamax: Dynamax Rework:
-If the Dynamaxed Pokémon is NOT a Gigantamax form, then it is only able to sustain the Dynamax form for a single turn.
-Max Moves DON'T boost BP, just has its different effects.
-Hidden Power STAYS as a normal type Max Strike.
-Ability effects are disabled during the duration of the entire transfomation.

:Charizard-gmax: :venusaur-gmax: :blastoise-gmax:Gigantamax Rework:
-Gigantamax forms are able to keep the Dynamax for the whole 3 turns
-Gmax move reworks:
  • Gmax Befuddle: Now it is only able to Poison.
  • Gmax Resonance: Is still able to set Aurora Veil but only if Hail is active.
  • Gmax Snooze: Applies the Taunt effect on the target.
  • Gmax Tartness: Summons gravity for 5 turns.
  • Gmax Sweetness: Heals all Status conditions in the team.
  • Gmax Malodor: Inflicts Badly Poison.
  • Gmax Smite: Applies Safeguard Effect for 5 turns.
  • Gmax Depletion: Applies regular Spite effect on the target.
  • Gmax Drum Solo / Fire Ball / Hydrosnipe: Power is reduced to 110.
Description: Just an overall amount of changes meant to get rid of the snowballing effect of the transformation, mostly being there just as some sort of clutch factor. Also changed some of the Gigantamax recipients in order to nerf possible uncompetitive elements / buff some of the Gigantamax recepients to have them be more equal to each other.

Last edited:

Pokémon: Eternatus
Changes: Ability, Stats, Signature Move
Types:

Abilities: Pressure | Merciless (HA)
Stats: 115 HP / 86 Atk / 90 Def / 110 SpA / 90 SpD / 109 Spe [BST: 600]
Movepool Changes: none
Description: A Pokemon that debilitates its foes with poison. A poisoned foe can also be victim to critical hit Draco Meteors and Venoshocks.
Additionally multiplies the users HP by 1.2x per use
(i just came up with some random effect idk)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)