Uber Stats - October (Now with some details !)

Playing any kind of stall in Ubers takes some skill to do correctly, though, since if you misplay something can fairly easily set up and sweep your whole team, especially if you've already lost a mon or two.

The other thing about nubs using Kyogre is that they almost always run the specs set, which, in my opinion, is outclassed by scarf because of how sad Kyogre is when anything hits it.

hamiltonion

Nostalgic
is a Contributor to Smogonis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Playing any kind of stall in Ubers takes some skill to do correctly, though, since if you misplay something can fairly easily set up and sweep your whole team, especially if you've already lost a mon or two.

The other thing about nubs using Kyogre is that they almost always run the specs set, which, in my opinion, is outclassed by scarf because of how sad Kyogre is when anything hits it.
The thing is that Ferrothorn and Kyogre is an incredibly potent and EASY to use combination. Mark the word easy. Since they share such good synergy, even a complete newbie could slap on a Ferrothorn and Kyogre and 4 other random Pokemon and do reasonably well. If its a Fire-type move, go to Kyogre, if Palkia comes in go to Ferrothorn and start Spiking. Sure, offense has led to a decrease in Ferrothorn usage but the influx of Stage 5 teams has given Ferrothorn a boost in usage.

Lastly, something we are all getting wrong is the fact that Ferrothorn is only used in Stall teams. That is not quite true, I've seen (and personally prefer) Ferrothorn on bulky offense teams more than Stall teams.

jrp

Banned deucer.

SpecsOgre can O-2HKO the entire meta.

Water spout does around 60% to ferro, thunder does around 70% to palkia, ect

iirc, rain boosted Specs Water Spout the most powerful drawback free move in the game, so
I mean, it's not like it's that bad.

Also, once people start realizing that Palkia/Mewtwo/the high number of ubers that learn fire type moves can fuck up Ferro, Ferro's usage should drop dramatically

Also, once people start realizing that Palkia/Mewtwo/the high number of ubers that learn fire type moves can fuck up Ferro, Ferro's usage should drop dramatically
What, you HAVN'T seen all the Fire Blast Mewtwo's and Palkia's?! Where the hell have you been!?

And another problem with that statement is the fact that just because you have the move doesn't mean you win, there's a gigantic prediction war going on pretty much every time.

Go10

Storm Vanguard !
Also, even after taking a Fire Blast, he just need to use Leech Seed once to recover all the damage you did if he was under rain -_-

Ouch, Reshiram dropped 8 slots down. Although to be fair, it can't really switch in to anything, has 90 speed, and is Sun-reliant.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)