Tyranitar vs. Kangaskhan: A showdown of the megas

Srn

Water (Spirytus - 96%)
is an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
OUPL Champion
Srn joined.
Kafrizzle joined.
Format:
Pokebank OU (beta)
Rated battle

Sleep Clause Mod: Limit one foe put to sleep
Species Clause: Limit one of each Pokemon
Moody Clause: Moody is banned
OHKO Clause: OHKO moves are banned
Evasion Moves Clause: Evasion moves are banned
HP Percentage Mod: HP is reported as percentages
Srn's team:Tyranitar / Genesect / Greninja / Landorus / Celebi / Garchomp

Kafrizzle's team:Kangaskhan / Talonflame / Forretress / Clefable / Garchomp / Rotom-Wash

Battle between Srn and Kafrizzle started!

Go! Genesect!

Kafrizzle sent out Spinning dirt (Forretress)!
Genesect's Download raised its Special Attack!

(I has teh flamethrower(shh not really)) vs.
(Oh yah? I has teh sturdy)

This team is built around Mega Tyranitar, which runs a dragon dance set. The idea is to get rid of bulky stuff like rotom-w (nothing else threatens tyranitar too much on this team) and get a sweep off with this monster. Mega tyranitar is ridiculously bulky, he can survive breloom's mach punch, conkeldurr's mach punch, scizor bullet punch (CB) and azumarill's aqua jet (CB), as well a couple other notable hits, to name a few. And with 71 base speed, 1 dragon dance puts him above unboosted 130's (I think).
So anyway, back to the battle, I decide to lead with genesect because he might lead with rotom-w, which threatens my usual leads a little, greninja and landorus. My genesect is in fact a physically based expert belt set which fakes out the usual special scarf sets very well. With that in mind, I expected him to switch into something else expecting flamethrower, seeing as foretress might've came in handy with garchomp or tyranitar.

Turn 1
Genesect used U-turn!
It's not very effective... The opposing Spinning dirt lost 10.2% of its health!

Genesect went back to Srn!

Go! Landorus!

The opposing Spinning dirt used Stealth Rock!
Pointed stones float in the air around your team!

The opposing Spinning dirt restored HP using its Leftovers!

(I don't has teh flamethrower ;_;) vs.
(I don't has teh sturdy either man ;_;)
100% 97%

As said above, I expected him to maybe switch into something else, but I guess he had sturdy and all so whatever. Its not like I had flamethrower or anything on my genesect anyway; I run U-turn/Iron head/Extremespeed/Ice beam on him with a hasty nature and 252 att/252 spe. At this moment in time, he has the idea that my genesect is scarf, so I want him to stick with that
I was thinking a ground move was obvious, so I expected his talonflame or rotom-w in now, so instead of the safer earth power, I decide to focus blast. He just lays down rocks, nothing special.

Turn 2

Landorus used Focus Blast!
The opposing Spinning dirt lost 94.1% of its health!

The opposing Spinning dirt used Spikes!
Spikes were scattered all around the feet of your team!

The opposing Spinning dirt restored HP using its Leftovers!

100% (Wow I didn't miss) vs.
9% (I lived w/out sturdy huh...)

I did not expect focus blast to do so much, considering it was neutral. He stays in however, and just lays down one more spikes. This team does not have any method of removing hazards, so I realllly should've killed with earth power. To be fair, I did not know landorus was this strong, I had replaced him with gengar only recently.

Turn 3
Landorus used Psychic!
A critical hit! It's not very effective... The opposing Spinning dirt lost 7.9% of its health!

The opposing Spinning dirt fainted!

100% vs.
(dead) 6-5

Still vigilant that rotom-w might come in, I decide to psychic this turn instead. He still stays in, and his metal bug is now dead. He probably knows that I'm the life orb set at this point, so I was expecting his rotom-w to come in and threaten me out with a hydro pump.

Turn 4

Landorus, come back!

Go! Celebi!
Celebi is hurt by the spikes!
Pointed stones dug into Celebi!

The opposing Rotom-Wash used Hydro Pump!
It's not very effective... Celebi lost 19.1% of its health!

Celebi restored HP using its Leftovers!

-->
(63%) (Yay I counter Rotom-W in practically every way!) vs.
(100%)(shut up)

I don't carry u-turn or anything fancy, so I decide to hard switch into my rotom-w check: Celebi. This celebi is the utility of this team and practically holds it together as a pivot. Celebi proceeds to sponge the hydro pump, and the momentum is now at a standstill. I don't know what set this thing is yet, so I decide to just U-turn out, thinking that he would be threatened by a grass attack.

Turn 5

Celebi used U-turn!
A critical hit! The opposing Rotom-Wash lost 33.9% of its health!

Celebi went back to Srn!

Go! Genesect!
Genesect is hurt by the spikes!
Pointed stones dug into Genesect!
Genesect's Download raised its Special Attack!

The opposing Rotom-Wash used Volt Switch!
Genesect lost 42.4% of its health!

The opposing Rotom-Wash went back to Kafrizzle!

Kafrizzle sent out Suicidal Bird (Talonflame)!

(63%)-->
(33%) vs.
(67%)-->
(100%)

What? He stayed in with his rotom-w? On a celebi? He could've expertly predicted me to u-turn, but unless he's speciall defensive (which most aren't these days, most are physically defensive for talonflame and azumarill), there was no good reason for him to stay in. Either way, it ends up working out for him as his volt switch knocks my genesect down and give him the initiative I intended to steal. I couldn't decide who to switch in on his rotom-w because I didn't know whether he volt switched or hydro pumped again. He ended up sending in his talonflame on my genesect, and if I stay in, I'm toast. So I go into my talonflame counter and the MVP of this team, Tyranitar.

Turn 6

Genesect, come back!

Go! Tyranitar!
Tyranitar is hurt by the spikes!
Pointed stones dug into Tyranitar!
A sandstorm kicked up!

The opposing Suicidal Bird used Swords Dance!
The opposing Suicidal Bird's Attack sharply rose!
The sandstorm rages.

The opposing Suicidal Bird is buffeted by the sandstorm!

(33%)-->
(76%)(I'm fabulous) vs.
(100%)(Ugh >_>)

He swords dances predicting my switch very nicely, but he neglected to remember that my natural counter to talonflame was still alive. The worst he could really do was u-turn, which I doubted would be on a SD set. Even steel wing would probably not have killed me, and the incoming stone edge was painfully obvious.

Turn 7

Tyranitar has Mega Evolved into Mega Tyranitar!

The opposing Suicidal Bird used Brave Bird!
A critical hit! It's not very effective... Tyranitar lost 46.8% of its health!
The opposing Suicidal Bird is damaged by recoil!

Tyranitar used Stone Edge!
It's super effective! The opposing Suicidal Bird lost 73.2% of its health!

The opposing Suicidal Bird fainted!
The sandstorm rages.

Kafrizzle sent out Rotom-Wash!

(29%)(Pssh. New meta my tail) vs.
(dead) -->
6-4

He stayed in. Well, the talonflame stayed true to its name and said "YOLO". Now you little kiddies know, the worst an SD talonflame can do to a mega t-tar without steel wing is knock it down to 29%.....after a swords dance......with a crit....with spikes and rocks....yeah, this thing is bulky as hell.
Turn 8

Tyranitar, come back!

Go! Celebi!
Celebi is hurt by the spikes!
Pointed stones dug into Celebi!

It's not very effective... Celebi lost 20.0% of its health!
The sandstorm rages.

Celebi is buffeted by the sandstorm!
The opposing Rotom-Wash is buffeted by the sandstorm!
The opposing Rotom-Wash restored HP using its Leftovers!

(29%)(later y'all) -->
(12%)(OHAI)vs.
(67%)(damn punk)

My mega t-tar looking weakened, I switch into celebi yet again to tank whatever his rotom-w wants to throw at me. Volt switch might've looked like the better play, but it wouldn't have killed mega t-tar, and I might've gotten a DD up or hit the switch-in hard. Anyway, my celebi takes the hit like a champ, and we're looking pretty good.
Turn 9

Celebi used Recover!
Celebi regained health!

It's not very effective... Celebi lost 21.3% of its health!
The sandstorm rages.

Celebi is buffeted by the sandstorm!
The opposing Rotom-Wash is buffeted by the sandstorm!
The opposing Rotom-Wash restored HP using its Leftovers!
(47%) vs.
(67%)

Seeing my celebi was low on HP, I decided to recover up here. I need this pivot for later scenarios. Oddly enough, however, he decides to stay in with rotom-w. Perhaps he thought that he would be faster and ko with hydro pump, but I run speed investment on celebi to make my secret move on this guy more effective.
Turn 10

Celebi used Giga Drain!
It's super effective! The opposing Rotom-Wash lost 66.1% of its health!
The opposing Rotom-Wash had its energy drained!

The opposing Rotom-Wash fainted!

The sandstorm subsided.

Kafrizzle sent out Incest Love (Kangaskhan)!

(67%)(I got a kill. Wait what.) vs.
(dead)-->
(100%) 6-3

I dont' tend to fall for the same trick twice, and, deciding to play it safe, I just go for the giga drain and kill the rotom-w. All the threats stopping my mega t-tar from sweeping are (supposedly) gone, and I was getting ready for another late-game T-tar sweep.
Turn 11

Kangaskhan has Mega Evolved into Mega Kangaskhan!

The opposing Incest Love used Fake Out!
Celebi lost 20.3% of its health!
Celebi lost 10.6% of its health!
Hit 2 time(s)!

Celebi flinched and couldn't move!

(48%)(Oof) vs.
-->

Excuse me for the derpy sprite...couldn't find a better one
Anyway, not much this turn. Just fake out. This doesn't reveal his 4th move to me, which could be earthquake, power-up punch, fire punch, shadow claw, or crunch, to name a few. Return and sucker punch are standard, so atleast I know a lot of his set now. I expect a sucker punch, so I decide to use my secret move here.
Turn 12

The opposing Incest Love used Sucker Punch!
But it failed!

Celebi used Healing Wish!

Celebi fainted!

Go! Tyranitar!
The healing wish came true for Tyranitar!
A sandstorm kicked up!

(dead)(later ya'll)-->
(76%) vs.
(100%) 5-3

My ace in the hole is healing wish, which give a new lease on life to any of my injured sweepers. His remaining pokemon are garchomp, mega kang, and clefairy, none of which my celebi is particularly useful for, so I decide to healing wish instead of recover here and go for it. Looking back, recovering and then going for giga drain while tanking the return may have been the better play, but he may have returned again instead of sucker punching while I got the healing wish off then, so this was probably the best move. I use my mega t-tar as bait to scout kang's final moveslot...
Turn 13

Tyranitar, come back!

Go! Garchomp!
Garchomp is hurt by the spikes!
Pointed stones dug into Garchomp!

The opposing Incest Love used Earthquake!
Garchomp lost 34.5% of its health!
A critical hit! Garchomp lost 24.4% of its health!
Hit 2 time(s)!
The sandstorm rages.

The opposing Incest Love is buffeted by the sandstorm!

(23%) vs.
(94%)

To be honest, I was expecting the power-up punch here, to get some extra rough skin damage on him, but my plan completely back fires as he reveals his final move to be earthquake. It may not look like it now, but the CRIT MATTERED. IT DID. Seeing as this instead is my scarfer, I don't have much else to do but stay in and get some rough skin on him if he sucker punches or smack him with an Earthquake if he doesn't.

Turn 14

The opposing Incest Love used Sucker Punch!
Garchomp lost 22.7% of its health!
The opposing Incest Love is hurt by Garchomp's Rough Skin!
Hit 1 time(s)!

Garchomp fainted!
The sandstorm rages.

Go! Greninja!
Greninja is hurt by the spikes!
Pointed stones dug into Greninja!

(
dead)-->
(76%) vs.
(75%)(2 kills, 4 to go) 4-3

So you're probably asking why the crit mattered. The thing is, without the crit, he probably would've had to sucker punch twice, meaning an extra 13% damage from rough skin. This comes into play later on, every bit of damage I can get on this thing counts. I go into greninja seeing how I resist the sucker punch and can smash him with a Life orb hydro pump.

Turn 15
Kafrizzle withdrew Incest Love (Kangaskhan)!

Kafrizzle sent out Stalling fairy (Clefable)!
Greninja's Protean made it the Water type!

Greninja used Hydro Pump!
The opposing Stalling fairy avoided the attack!
The sandstorm rages.

Greninja is buffeted by the sandstorm!

(70%)(really?) vs.
(75%) -->
(100%)(lol)

Goddamit. This miss ends up mattering too, so I'm getting a little haxxed here.
Turn 16

The opposing Stalling fairy lost 54.8% of its health!
Greninja lost some of its HP!

The opposing Stalling fairy used Cosmic Power!
The opposing Stalling fairy's Defense rose!
The opposing Stalling fairy's Special Defense rose!
The sandstorm rages.

Greninja is buffeted by the sandstorm!
The opposing Stalling fairy restored HP using its Leftovers!
(54%)(._.) vs.
(52%)(Sucks to suck)

Yeah. That hydro pump would've been a CLEAN 2HKO on this goddam clefable, as well as anything else he would've switched in. Now I have to deal with some cosmic power bs.
Turn 17

The opposing Stalling fairy lost 39.8% of its health!

The opposing Stalling fairy used Soft-Boiled!
The opposing Stalling fairy regained health!

The sandstorm subsided.
(44%)(.____.) vs.
(68%)(Cry more. Your tears are delicious)

I hate this thing. Ever since it got a type change and a slight stat buff, all of a sudden people are running a pseudo-sigilyph in OU. And we ALL HATE SIGILYPH. Either way, I'm not getting anywhere with this thing, and his attacks are still threatening (once this thing is gone) to the opponent's team, so I'm gonna skedaddle for now.
Turn 18
Greninja's Protean made it the Bug type!

Greninja used U-turn!
It's not very effective... The opposing Stalling fairy lost 11.9% of its health!

Greninja went back to Srn!

Go! Genesect!
Genesect is hurt by the spikes!
Pointed stones dug into Genesect!
Genesect's Download raised its Attack!

The opposing Stalling fairy used Cosmic Power!
The opposing Stalling fairy's Defense rose!
The opposing Stalling fairy's Special Defense rose!

(34%) -->
(9%)(damn hazards) vs.
(62%)(Running away now are we?)

YES! I got the attack boost. If I hadn't, folks, this would not have been a warstory. This would've been some retarded clefairy late-game poopfest. Now that I have the attack boost, my invested Iron head's can destroy this thing. I outspeed, and even though I probably still do less than half, the chances are higher that I will get a flinch instead of him softboiling up to the point where he can take two. Say hello to my multi-purpose fairy remover, genesect.
Turn 19
Kafrizzle withdrew Stalling fairy (Clefable)!

Kafrizzle sent out Drunk shark (Garchomp)!

Genesect used Iron Head!
The opposing Drunk shark lost 62.0% of its health!
Genesect is hurt by the opposing Drunk shark's Rough Skin!

Genesect fainted!

Go! Landorus!
Pointed stones dug into Landorus!

(dead)(Damn rough skin) vs.
(62%)(L8r noobs)-->
(38%) 3-3

Crap. I completely forgot about rough skin on his garchomp. If I had predicted that and gone for ice beam, Garchomp would've been dead. Then I could've extremespeeded to by pass mega-kang's first sucker punch and probably 2HKO the mega kang on the second, then iron head the clefable to death. It could've been my victory, but once again, my stupidity gets in the way.
Turn 20
The opposing Drunk shark used Outrage!
Landorus lost 70.6% of its health!

Landorus used Earth Power!
The opposing Drunk shark lost 38.0% of its health!

The opposing Drunk shark fainted!

(17%)vs.
(dead)-->
(75%) 3-2

So my assumption is that his garchomp was scarfed, but I tank his outrage regardless and K.O. with earth power. The main nightmare enters the stage once more, and I'm more or less forced to switch out because I want my landorus around to deal with clefable. I carry the sludge wave, so this thing was my next best bet to handling clefable.
Turn 21
Landorus, come back!

Go! Greninja!
Pointed stones dug into Greninja!
Greninja is hurt by the spikes!

Greninja lost 9.5% of its health!
Hit 1 time(s)!

Greninja fainted!

Go! Tyranitar!
A sandstorm kicked up!

(17%)-->
(dead)-->
(51%) vs.
(75%)(3 kills and counting) 2-2

Damn. Its gg. He can just clean up with his kang by killing t-tar with earthquake and landorus with sucker punch. Mega Kangaskhan is a big ass threat man. But, a plan begins to formulate in my head, and I see just a glimmer of hope in the distance.
I can go into landorus, avoid earthquake, go back into t-tar, hope he sucker punches, and then dragon dance hoping he returns predicting my landorus to come back in. It's basically playing the switching game with the opponent in an attempt to increase my chances of winning, not to mention hazards(rocks and 1 layer of spikes) are up. Its basically 50/50, and if my opponent decides to play it safe, it really is gg, but this is my single chance to turn the tables and sweep.

Turn 22
Tyranitar, come back!

Go! Landorus!

It doesn't affect Landorus...
The sandstorm rages.

(51%)-->
(5%) vs.
(69%%)

So step 1 of plan switch like a dumbass to win has been successfully performed. Now I need to bet on him sucker punching. He can't return because I'm timid max speed and landorus hits 101, where mega kang hits 100. I ever so slightly outspeed jolly max speed kang.
Turn 23
Landorus, come back!

Go! Tyranitar!

Kafrizzle withdrew Incest Love (Kangaskhan)!

Kafrizzle sent out Stalling fairy (Clefable)!
The sandstorm rages.

(5%) -->
(26%) vs.
(69%)-->
(68%)

Wait what. Was he predicting my t-tar switch in, or did he think he could've set up on my landorus? I couldn't risk staying in because the only thing deterring mega kang from spamming earthquake is that lando. And either way, my lando carries sludge wave, so I would've been able to beat clefable 1v1, but then kang could've cleaned up my team anyway. THIS IS MY CHANCE. I CAN SET UP A DD HERE AND WIN!
Turn 24
Tyranitar used Dragon Dance!
Tyranitar's Attack rose!
Tyranitar's Speed rose!

The opposing Stalling fairy used Soft-Boiled!
The opposing Stalling fairy regained health!
The sandstorm rages.

(26%) vs.
(100%)(Oh dear god)

Now that I think of it, this was the first time I even revealed DD to him, so this must have been quite the surprised. My plan is set in motion. I don't know his attacking moves however, and if he does indeed carry the moonblast and is more offensive, then I'm in a bad position (I lose).

It all comes down to what happens next turn

Turn 25

The opposing Stalling fairy lost 83.0% of its health!

The opposing Stalling fairy used Charge Beam!
Tyranitar lost 7.2% of its health!
The opposing Stalling fairy's Special Attack rose!
The sandstorm rages.

(19%)(I'm far too fabulous for you.) vs.
(24%)(Ouch)

Wow. Charge beam did 7%, and the stone edge did 83%. However, there are two sets that I know of that clefable run. One is Moonblast+flamethrower+calm mind, the other is Cosmic power+Stored power+Charge beam, while both run softboiled. In the end, I couldn't be sure whether he was running moonblast or not, you never know. But to my luck, he's running charge beam instead, guaranteeing the death of clefable.
Turn 26
The opposing Stalling fairy lost 23.1% of its health!

The opposing Stalling fairy fainted!

The sandstorm subsided.

(19%)(Fabulous as always) vs.
(dead)-->
2-1

YES. My plan had worked! All the only thing I was a little worried of was if I could take mega kang's fake out+sucker punch, if it came to that. I was fairly certain I had this in the bag.
Turn 27
It's not very effective... Tyranitar lost 5.4% of its health!
It's not very effective... Tyranitar lost 3.0% of its health!
Hit 2 time(s)!

Tyranitar flinched and couldn't move!

(11%) vs.
(69%)

Now the only thing I had to worry about was if I could take a sucker punch or not. I happen to run 252hp/252 spe with a jolly nature, so I was pretty sure my 100/150 defenses could take it. This is it.
Turn 28
Tyranitar used Crunch!
The opposing Incest Love lost 58.0% of its health!

It's super effective! Tyranitar lost 10.1% of its health!
Hit 1 time(s)!

Tyranitar fainted!

Go! Landorus!

Landorus fainted!

Kafrizzle won the battle!

(dead)-->
(dead) vs.
(11%)
0-1
WHAT
WHAT
WHAAAAAATTT

HOW DID HE TAKE A +1 CRUNCH?
My tyranitar has only 4 attack evs, fine. But it was +1! It's coming off of 164 base attack! And it's STAB! HOW IN THE WORLD DID HE TAKE SHRUG OFF A +1 CRUNCH?
I wanted to play it safe because it would have been extremely upsetting to lose a match to a stone miss, but stone edge would have killed it.

Sigh

Well, that's the battle. It was, regardless of some hax and misplays here and there, a fantastic battle that came right down to the wire. It really could've gone either way.
Anyways, for all who are interested, here's the tyranitar set.

Tyranitar @ Tyranitarite
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Spd / 4 Atk
Jolly Nature
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Dragon Dance
- Fire Punch

This is NOT my set, this is in fact BT's set, (the clefairy ran BT's set as well)
Here is a link to the video describing it.

Props:

• My opponent for playing his mega kang so damn well, even if Fake out is not the best move on him (my opinion).
  • Me for using celebi exactly how he's supposed to be used
  • Me for using mega tyranitar in general. He's a beast.
  • My opponent for getting up hazards and abusing them.
  • My opponent for using clefairy to as well as possible. It wasn't enough for mega tyranitar though.
Slops:
  • Me for not killing the damn metal bug
  • My opponent for playing his rotom-w weirdly. (It worked out for him, but...)
  • My opponent for sacking his talonflame so early. Priority brave bird could've come in handy.
  • Me for not putting my garchomp to better use.
  • Me for not seizing victory when I could've on turn 19.
  • Me for not underestimating mega kang's bulk and going for crunch instead of stone edge.
  • My opponent for not risking sucker punch. It probably would've actually killed, and it was safer for him.
  • My opponent for winning by a little bit of luck. The crit eq on garchomp sealed the game.
Here is a link to the battle, with some live commentary on both sides that I didn't include in the battle:
http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/pokebankoubeta-63002442

Possible times I could've won:
1) When Genesect was in, I could've just won the battle outright and gone for ice beam on garchomp instead. I should've saved genesect in general because his extremespeed bypassed kang's sucker punches.

2) Last turn, just going for friggin stone edge would've sufficed. Ah well.

3) I could've just gone for earth power, killing the forretress, and he wouldn't have gotten up spikes. That means I may have been able to get more than 1 dd off on his clefable.

I realize I'm not the best competitive player, and this is my first warstory, but I'm not clueless. I've seen good and bad battles and I've seen good and bad warstories. Hopefully I've chosen a good battle and made a good warstory to entertain all who are out there reading this.
If there's anything you should take away from this, it's 1 thing:
Mega kangaskhan's 105/100/100 overlooked bulk. Weaken this thing however you can.

Last edited:
Hey man, this is the first OU Warstory I really enjoyed. I think you were a bit too hard on yourself for not Ice Beaming on Cleffy because if Clefable had Moonblast and attacked as you Ice Beamed it was GG. You chose the much less risky option which is what a good player should do! Fun match that showcased some cool sets.

So, aside from the spontaneously changing text size(which is really only a minor thing), this was a pretty decent warstory. The commentary was decent and provided insight into why you made the moves you did, and though your opponent didn't exactly play all that great, the battle was still kinda interesting. I think it's a pretty average warstory overall. I say keep practicing. You have potential.

It looks like you don't use hazards, which makes your team ripe for a Defogger to clear hazards and screens while being practically unblockable (opponent needs to taunt the fogger, so if you use it on a foe without Taunt their hazards are done period). It even makes Stone Miss and Focus Miss hit more if you switch in those guys. Just a matter of who it'd fit on.

Regardless, finally, another good warstory here (at least comparatively). You should read it over to proofread some of the text (there's what looks like a copy/paste error in there with a turn using Celebi) but thanks for a fun, informative read!

Srn

Water (Spirytus - 96%)
is an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
OUPL Champion
So, aside from the spontaneously changing text size(which is really only a minor thing), this was a pretty decent warstory. The commentary was decent and provided insight into why you made the moves you did, and though your opponent didn't exactly play all that great, the battle was still kinda interesting. I think it's a pretty average warstory overall. I say keep practicing. You have potential.
Whoa. I didn't notice that, fixed it. Thanks.

This is great for a first warstory! I did notice a few inconsistencies in the log and the pictures, but I think the most obvious one is turn 8 being repeated twice (or maybe my browser loaded it wrong). I liked your presentation though.

And that's a pretty good Mega-Kangaskhan sprite IMO.

Did Landorus have Stealth Rock? If you had gotten it up at some point, the final Crunch wouldn't have missed the KO

was a good warstory, even if your opponent wasn't all that bright you still managed to make the battle more interesting.

Srn

Water (Spirytus - 96%)
OUPL Champion
This is great for a first warstory! I did notice a few inconsistencies in the log and the pictures, but I think the most obvious one is turn 8 being repeated twice (or maybe my browser loaded it wrong). I liked your presentation though.

And that's a pretty good Mega-Kangaskhan sprite IMO.
Jee, turn 8 does repeat. Dunno how that happened...either way, its fixed now.

Stone RG

Megas are broke
Really cool warstory, tho id say some questionable plays on your opponent's part, for example i still think the kanga vs lando situation where you were at 5% was a guaranteed sweep, among some others, i understood your whole process and really liked it overall, nice warstory mate :]

Turn 9 has the same battle log text as turn 8 still, just letting you know.

Anyway, great first warstory! Much better than most of the stuff on here right now. It might not be the best warstory ever done, but I'd definitely say it's above average and great for a first time one.

I really like that you wrote this up despite you losing to a mistake; some people will put up battles where the lose to being haxed and the like, but few have the humility to post something where they screw themselves over. It's a refreshing change from the usual "but I pulled out a last minute win due to my brilliance!" ending most warstories have. It's also really funny how you lead us on so that we THINK it's going to be that sort of ending, then suddenly bring reality crashing down with the way you ended up losing :P. Very nicely handled.

Just remember to proofread your stuff before you post it from now on eh :P. I expect more good things from you in the future!

Tokyo Tom

Somewhere between psychotic and iconic
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Damn great Warstory, your dialogue was entertaining and it was also refreshing to see someone post a close, compelling loss instead of having to read another one of noob420's 6-0 battles with an ultra standard team against some scrub. You also made me reconsider Lando for Gen 6, great 'Mon :]

Seriously entertaining... And I thought you would win... You're supposed to win in these things, right?
No, these stories are to share entertaining and high quality battles. It's meant to learn something from it and then it doesn't matter of you lose or win.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)