Two Type Move Combos Gen 6 (Coverage, Resistances)

Also, I've added Ghost/Steel because it's resisted by 8 types:

Steel/Ghost:
Resisted by: Normal/Electric, Normal/Fire, Normal/Steel, Normal/Water, Dark/Elec, Dark/Fire, Dark/Steel, Dark/Water
Perfect Third Type Coverage: Ground

Ghost/Poison:
Resisted by: Steel/Normal, Steel/Dark, Normal/Dark, Normal/Ghost, Normal/Ground, Normal/Poison, Normal/Rock, Dark/Ground, Dark/Poison, Dark/Rock

Last edited:
A few modifications to make to the original post:
C) Dragon/Ghost (aka Dragon Ball):
Resisted by: Dark/Fairy, Normal/Fairy, Steel/Dark, Steel/Normal
Perfect Third Type Coverage: Fire, Water, Electric
Steel/Dark should be underlined because of Bisharp.
F) Dragon/Water:
Resisted by: Steel/Water, Steel/Grass, Fairy/Grass, Fairy/Water, Fairy/Dragon
Perfect Third Type Coverage: Ghost
Fairy/Grass should be underlined because of Whimsicott.
B) Dragon/Electric:
Resisted by: Steel/Electric, Steel/Ground, Steel/Grass, Fairy/Grass, Fairy/Ground, Fairy/Electric
Same as above.
H) Fairy/Electric:

Resisted by: Poison/Grass, Poison/Ground, Steel/Grass, Steel/Electric, Steel/Ground, Poison/Electric, Fire/Ground, Fire/Electric, Fire/Grass
Perfect Third Type Coverage: Ghost
Fire/Electric should be underlined because of Rotom-H.
J) Rock/Fighting:

Resisted by: Psychic/Ground, Psychic/Fight, Ghost/Fight, Ground/Poison, Poison/Fight, Fairy/Fight, Fairy/Ground, Steel/Ghost, Ghost/Ground
Perfect Third Type Coverage: Fire, Water
Claydol is Psychic/Ground and Golurk is Ghost/Ground.
K) Ghost/Poison:

Resisted by: Dark/Ground, Dark/Poison, Dark/Rock, Dark/Steel, Normal/Ground, Normal/Poison, Normal/Rock, Normal/Steel, Ghost/Normal
Diggersby is Normal/Ground.
L) Dark/Water:

Resisted by: Dark/Grass, Dark/Water, Dragon/Fairy, Dragon/Dark, Dragon/Fight, Fairy/Water, Fairy/Grass, Water/Fighting, Grass/Fighting
Perfect Third Type Coverage: Fairy
Azumarill is Fairy/Water and Whimsicott is Fairy/Grass.
M) Dark/Ground:

Resisted by: Grass/Dark, Grass/Fairy, Bug/Fairy, Flying/Fighting, Bug/Dark, Flying/Dark, Flying/Fairy, Fighting/Bug, Grass/Fight, Hydregion (ability)
Perfect Third Type Coverage: N/A
Togekiss is Flying/Fairy.
N) Ghost/Poison:

Resisted by: Steel/Normal, Steel/Dark, Normal/Dark, Normal/Ghost, Normal/Ground, Normal/Poison, Normal/Rock, Dark/Ground, Dark/Poison, Dark/Rock
Again, Diggersby is Normal/Ground. Also, you listed Ghost/Poison twice. Remove the first one, not the second one, because the second one has Normal/Dark where the first one doesn't.

Sure, Diggersby and Whimsicott are gimmicky, but shouldn't they still be considered as far as type combinations go?

Also, using the statistics of Flying Press on http://www.serebii.net/games/typecompatibility.shtml, I discovered that Flying Press + Rock has 8 resistances (though it's worse than Flying/Fighting, it's still something to note). Here's a list:

Flying Press / Rock

Resisted by:
Ground/Electric, Steel/Electric, Poison/Ground, Poison/Steel, Psychic/Ground, Psychic/Steel, Fairy/Ground, Fairy/Steel
Perfect Third Type Coverage: Ghost (not accessible to Hawlucha, though)

I might be missing something. There might be a better coverage move with Flying Press. I ignored types that have a common resistance with it (Poison and Bug are resisted by Poison, Ground is immunified by Flying, Dark is resisted by Fairy, Normal is immunified by Ghost) and only limited myself to Hawlucha's movepool. If anyone has a counterexample, please let me know.

Ghost bug it is now only resisted by normal ghost/fire/fairy/steel/flying its great because now the only thing that resists ghost is dark which bug hits super effectively meaning currently right now it is ressisted by nearly nothing in the metagame other then maybe staraptor and in nu starter birds which no one uses anyway and in pokemon it's only resisted by pyroar wiggly tuff and starter birds none of which are being used higher then ru

Normal/Ghost seems good. Resisted by Steel/Dark, Rock/Dark, Normal/Ghost, Steel/Normal and Rock/Normal. Provided I didn't derp and miss something there are only actually 3 pokemon with those types, Bisharp, Pawnard and Tyranitar.

What Dark/Normal? Resisted by anything that's part steel, bar Steel/Psychic and Steel/Ghost, and Rock/Fighting. I can see this being a popular combo in the lower tiers, where Steel-types aren't so common, and especially in UU with Porygon-z.

Level 51

the orchestra plays the prettiest themes
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
What Dark/Normal? Resisted by anything that's part steel, bar Steel/Psychic and Steel/Ghost, and Rock/Fighting. I can see this being a popular combo in the lower tiers, where Steel-types aren't so common, and especially in UU with Porygon-z.
Steel no longer resists Dark. This actually means that Dark is a much better typing than before (hence all the references to it itt)!

Ground/Flying (Gliscor) is resisted only by three type combos Flying/Electric (Zapdos, Thundurus(-T)), Flying/Steel (Skarmory), and Rock/Flying(Aerodactyl, Archeops). Its also resisted by levitating rock, steel, and electric types. (Bronzong, Rotom, Electross, and Magnet Rise mons) Still pretty good though, and Ghost allows you to hit all resists at least neutrally.

Steel no longer resists Dark. This actually means that Dark is a much better typing than before (hence all the references to it itt)!
Oh duh! Excuse the dumbness in that post... It was 5AM... :( So, just Rock/Fight (Terrakion), Steel/Fight (Cobalion, Lucario), Dark/Rock (Tyranitar), Dark/Steel (Bisharp), Fairy/Rock (Carbink), and Fairy/Steel (Mawile, Klefki) then.

Perfect third coverage typing for Normal/Dark would be Water, Electric, Fighting, etc.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)