VGC Trying To Revise Regulation D Team I've Been Using For New Meta

The team I've been using to play ranked battles on SV and pokemon showdown isn't a team I built. It was a rental team made by alderbw that CybertronVGC featured on his channel that I thought was really cool, mostly because it featured Dragapult and the team managed to win a tournament. I've been using it and found it extremely fun so I began trying to rebuild it myself, so that way if I wanted to make edits to the team I'd be able to. Since a bunch of new pokemon dropped, and because I wanna try using Ogerpon in the next regulation when it comes, I began trying to think of changes I could make to the team while I'm rebuilding it myself. Here's the team:

Dozo (Palafin-Hero) @ Mystic Water
Ability: Zero to Hero
Level: 50
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 228 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 4 SpD / 20 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Haze
- Wave Crash
- Jet Punch
- Protect

Offensive mon that has a hard hitting priority move, so whenever I see a fire type like Chi-Yu or a pokemon that Dragapult can't reliably handle like Gholdengo, I have Palafin on standby. Jet Punch also helps dealing with trick room teams (the ones that Indeedee aren't part of anyways) and if my opponent runs a team centered around rain, Palafin can kind of hijack that rain and use it for itself to win.

Bundle (Chien-Pao) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Sword of Ruin
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Sacred Sword
- Ice Spinner
- Sucker Punch
- Protect

Goes side by side with Dragapult. Dragapult throws in a dragon darts and Chien Pao's ability helps it do even more damage. Sucker Punch also helps pick up any kills that Dragon Darts doesn't finish off. Sometimes I put Chien pao third and switch it in at the start whenever I think it'll be safe to switch in, just to surprise opponents a bit with a high damage dealing dragon dart.

Dnite (Dragapult) @ Choice Band
Ability: Clear Body
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 36 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 4 SpD / 212 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Darts
- Phantom Force
- Tera Blast
- U-turn

Favorite pokemon on this team that I think all the other pokemon on this team complement amazingly. Chien Pao reduces defenses for opposing Pokemon for Dragapult, Palafin has strong water type moves that take care of Pokemon dragapult otherwise couldn't, Arcanine reduces attack and had will-o-wisp, and Amoongus is a generally amazing support. Choice Band Dragon Darts is extremely effective because it hits both sides, and if one side protects or goes into a fairy type to try and avoid it, dragon darts just goes into the other slot while their vulnerable.

WoChien (Amoonguss) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Regenerator
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 244 HP / 100 Def / 164 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Spore
- Rage Powder
- Pollen Puff
- Protect

Amoongus is gret support to put other pokemon to sleep, heal the attackers, and also keep attacks from coming to them with rage powder. Helps keeps Dragapult and Palafin from taking hits that'll knock them out so they can pick up on kills better.

ChiYu (Arcanine) @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Intimidate
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 236 HP / 68 Atk / 4 Def / 4 SpD / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Flare Blitz
- Extreme Speed
- Protect

Love Intimidate, love will-o-wisp, helps cripple heavy attackers like Urshifu and Iron Hands, and extreme speed to help take out weak Pokemon that would otherwise outspeed is a huge help. EVs in HP and Speed mostly to keep it alive and so it can get burns off more often. Despite the low attack evs it still hits hard enough with Flare Blitz, and works well with Amoongus. Arcanine can burn, and Amoongus can put to sleep. THen yo switch into Dragapult and/or Chien Pao to kill.

Mimi (Flutter Mane) @ Booster Energy
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 100 HP / 244 Def / 44 SpA / 4 SpD / 116 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Moonblast
- Dazzling Gleam
- Shadow Ball
- Protect

Good special attacking pokemon that doesn't need too may EVs in Special Attack as long as it has its booster energy. Good counter against Urshifu, and the HP EVs help it tank attacks from other Pokemon so it can outlast them in more interactions.

First time doing descriptions or being part of forums for teambuilding so if I didn't make anything too clear please let me know. If anybody has ideas on what Pokemon I could sub in or sub out for the new meta, I'd love to hear it. Thanks in advance

Last edited:
I've never even thought of, much less seen, Haze on Palafin. Is that worth it? Also I'd explain the EVs since it isn't max/max(not that it should be imo, I mean you could...but kinda boring on most stuff.)

I thought it was a little odd too but every once in a while I get debugged and go “Oh wait, I can use haze. Now that my attack is back to normal this Pokémon can die.”
And I don’t really know the logic of most of these EVs besides the flutter mane one which is to make it a little bulkier against other fast Pokémon

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)