Battle Spot Triples Team Slaking Gimmick

DrCoeloCephalo

Banned deucer.
The idea behind this team is really all in good fun with Skill Swapping Magic Bounce onto Slaking and running Hyper Offense with some support. I've generally risen on the ladder with this so far. Naturally, I COULD just replace Slaking and Xatu with Mega Kangaskhan and Cresselia, but where's the fun in that?

Slaking (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Truant
Level: 50
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Earthquake
- Night Slash
- Slack Off

I have this guy equipped with Life Orb and an Adamant Nature for that extra bit of power. Return for basic STAB. I've considered Sucker Punch over Night Slash, but I already have a Sucker Punch user and Night Slash provides immediate power and coverage I can use. Earthquake also for coverage and to hit multiple opponents. With the Skill Swap partner I use, I often find the only damage I need to worry about comes from his own Life Orb, which is why I keep Slack Off for staying power.

Xatu (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Skill Swap
- Roost
- Reflect
- Tailwind

My Skill Swap support for Slaking. Magic Bounce keeps it from getting Taunted or being the victim of any status in addition to Magic Bounce just being really good overall. Just be wary of anything with Fake Out or Follow Me. I run max speed to help outspeed just about everything defensive that can't really outrun it anyway Roost is there in case I need it longer, but I haven't had much use once it's Skill Swapped so I'm thinking of changing this out. Tailwind so I can get as much Speed advantage as possible and Reflect to minimize physical damage. Could be swapped in favor of Light Screen.

Salamence (M) @ Salamencite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 44 Atk / 212 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Dragon Claw
- Fire Blast
- Protect

One of my main Pokemon to add offensive pressure on the first turn with the Xatu/Slaking lead. If they're forced to Fake Out or do something to the other 2, they're forced to deal with the damage output of Hyper Voice and the crippling of Intimidate. Dragon Claw is there for another STAB for coverage and to hit on the physical side if need be. Could replace with Double-Edge, Dragon Pulse or Draco and just go all-out Special. Fire Blast for coverage. Protect for safety purposes.

Sylveon (F) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 188 HP / 68 Def / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 SpD
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Hyper Beam

If my third lead alongside Slaking and Xatu isn't MegaSal, it's this thing for Hyper Voice offense Choice Specs, Modest and highest possible EVs and IVs to hit as hard as possible. HP Ground for coverage, Psyshock to hit physically and Hyper Beam for that extra Pixilate power.

Amoonguss (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Rage Powder
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Protect

I mostly have this thing for Rage Powder support if I feel I should redirect my opponents to give Slaking and Xatu the space they need to do their thing. Spore in case I need to put things to Sleep, Giga Drain for staying power and Protect for added safety.

Bisharp (F) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Knock Off
- Protect

I find myself using this thing last most of the time as a sort of late-game cleaning or for those times I need to be cheeky and get this thing out against an opponent using something with Intimidate. Considering other options. Knock Off for STAB and because everything likes to use items, Sucker Punch for priority, Iron Head for another STAB and Protect for safety.

Overall, I imagine this team has questionable viability and requires at least one turn of effective pressure just for Xatu and Slaking to do their thing since Slaking's gimmick makes it where even one turn of horrible prediction turn the tides. Definitely not the most optimal setup with Slaking and Xatu, but that's mostly why all the other Pokes on this team are top tier ranking threats in viability in the Triples meta. Their job is to succeed on behalf of the part where the gimmick fails.

Why Xatu tho, wouldn't Espeon be completely bettr?

Not a triples person at all, but I kno Slaking's HP is much higher than either Def, especially SpD. So max HP can't possibly be the best way to be bulky. Maybe run like all Def or SpD, wi enough HP to live a relevant hit on the other side. There's some tool around here somewhere that gives evs to take the least overall damage, that'd be helpful. Esp in triups cuz you may be taking so many attacks it's not werth it to calc specifically for some 2hkos.

Night Slash is a pretty odd move, wouldn't it be better to run Drain Punch or something. Slaking is an agro magnet if you manage to set it up properly, so Protect cood be funny.

Agen awful at this meta, never even played lol. But mayb I helped?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)