SS UU Triple Meteor Offense

Insou

formerly LoveStallLiveLife
Triple Meteor Offense

:ss/krookodile: :ss/Azumarill: :ss/nihilego: :ss/celesteela: :ss/Necrozma: :ss/Tapu Bulu:

Building Process

:Krookodile:
When it came to lead picking, Krookodile and Excadrill were my primary options. Excadrill allows you to remove hazards on the field such as sticky webs which could potentially hinder the sweeping capabilities of nihilego and necrozma. Krookodile however has the knockoff utility+taunt and earthquake to deal with aegislash if you chose to preserve it.
:Krookodile: :Azumarill:
To complement the triple meteor offense, in order to break past the primary threats of the team such as blissey and tangrowth cores, I chose to go with belly drum azu. Azumarill can function as the team's primary early game breaker or late game breaker with BD depending on the opposing team's composition.
:Krookodile: :Azumarill: :Nihilego:
Nihilego is undeniably one of the most prominent meteor beam user in the metagame. Nihilegio is a vital piece of the team as it can help the team deal with sun matchups especially venusaur but can be revenge killed by darmanitan.
:Krookodile: :Azumarill: :nihilego: :celesteela:
Celesteela is also one of the most popular meteor beam user in the metagame. Celesteela more or less functions as an early game breaker much like nihilegio; However due to automize, celesteela is more capable of sweeping early game as long as its threats like opposing specially defensive celesteela+slowking core is chipped down as it can tank a fire blast and a meteor beam and stall it out with leech and pro before ultimately getting revenge killed by conkeldurr or band azu or slowbro if its above 80%.

:Krookodile: :Azumarill: :nihilego: :celesteela: :Necrozma:
necrozma is selected to complete the theme of triple meteor offense. Much like celesteela and nihilegio, necrozma can function as both a lategame sweeper and an early game breaker. Eliminating threats such as krookodile, or chipping it enough to put it in range of a +1 heat wave will enable you to break past it. Necrozma Is a vital piece to the team as it is capable of outspeeding the fastest threats in the metagame including scarf users like hydreigon; although it is notably one of its threats.
:Krookodile: :Azumarill: :nihilego: :celesteela: :Necrozma: :Tapu bulu:
Tapu bulu is an excellent partner for both azumarill and nihilegio as it can tank zygarde and zarude. Primarily started with Sd, CC, Horn leech, and darkest lariat but later changed to sd horn leech megahorn and darkest lariat. Why remove CC? Megahorn is vital in order to break through chansey and tang cores which the team struggled against the majority of the time prior to the change. Darkest lariat deals with skarmory, however it becomes more prone to brave bird. Horn leech pretty much requires little to no explanation. 120 Hp invest enables bulu to survive an air slash from specs keldeo and 132 speed enables it to outspeed Aegislash.
Important Info and Usage Tips
-The team struggles to deal with webs Offense. With the lack of capability to deal get rid of webs, The team becomes heavily reliant on the triple meteor users.-
-Nidoking becomes a threat if you let necrozma die too early.-
- Necrozma gives the team some resemblance of recoverability and aids in matching offense vs. offense. in regards to sun, it deals with Venu + tork, conk mu, nihi match ups-
-Gyarados can often freely set up on azu which may prove be threatening at any phase of the game, Bulu's invest can tank the ice fang set of gyarados and revenge kill it afterwards with horn leech; However, the bounce set can ultimately proceed to sweep the team if not chipped down below 50% and revenge with necrozma afterwards as it is capable of tanking a +2 Waterfall.
Proof Of Peak
The team managed to peak at top 13-20 Several times S/O to LO Garchomp for getting the peak! Will provide proof Asap

That's it! Enjoy laddering! and S/O to LO Garchomp once again for testing and quality control.

Importable

Last edited:

justdrew

All dogs go to heaven
is an official Team Rateris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a defending SCL Champion
PUPL Champion
Hey there! I've seen you about the UU community so it's cool you posted an RMT! From what I've seen you're a promising player and I can't wait to see what you can do. That being said let's get into your team!

I personally am not the biggest fan of hyper offense this generation, but it certainly has its place in the tier. There are a couple issues this team has that I think can be fixed by the switching of Pokemon, but there are some changes I will suggest that I won't change; and I will leave those below as well.

Changes:

:Nihilego:
Nihilego is great on this team, I just quickly changed the set so that it boosts speed as opposed to special attack. I also made a suggestion to replace Thunderbolt with Pain Split in the case that Chansey is hard to break through still.
Nihilego @ Power Herb
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 80 HP / 176 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Meteor Beam
- Thunderbolt / Pain Split
- Sludge Wave
- Grass Knot

:Necrozma: --> :Azelf:
Now as I team rater I don't want to change the essence of the team but unfortunately I have to take away the Triple Meteor and make it only Double. One of the biggest issues your team has is the fact that it is incredibly slow. And while you have Pokemon that boost speed, you have no immediate speed. Azelf provides your team with immediate speed, and a fantastic breaker. The set I chose is Focus Sash which is nice if you can keep hazards off and one of my suggestions works well with Focus Sash. Alternative items would be Life Orb or Expert Belt.

:Tapu Bulu: --> :Aegislash:
Tapu Bulu is a cool choice and it certainly does things on this team, but it's just not an optimal. Grass Terrain provides no real benefit to your team and heals the opposing team. Bulu is slow, this set can't break Amoonguss, and it just doesn't fit well. Aegislash on the other hand is kind of a no brainer for every hyper offense. It's utility and offensive ability is unmatched. It's strength with stabs after a Swords Dance and its access to priority make it a monster. Weakness Policy gives Tangrowth immense regrets when it clicks Knock Off.

Suggestions:

I encourage you to consider more options for leads. A lead on a hyper offense team is essential to how the game is played.

:krookodile: --> :excadrill:
If you see a lot of Sticky Webs offense and have no way to keep hazards off, choose Focus Sash Excadrill. It's ability to slow opponents with Rock Tomb, or speed itself up with Rapid Spin in addition to keeping hazards off, and set up Stealth Rock is really nice. One of its fault is it doesn't have Taunt. At the same time, Krookodile is slow and therefore Taunt is harder to use versus something like Defog Salamence. Additionally things like Swampert have Stealth Rock + a pivot move and force you to either predict Flip Turn and set up Stealth Rock or Taunt on a Stealth Rock prediction.

:krookodile: --> :froslass: + change :azelf:'s set
If you find you like Spikes as an addition to your team, Froslass is amazing as it is fast and also has Taunt plus Destiny Bond. Froslass forces your opponent to make so many decisions in just a few turns. That would then require you to have another Stealth Rock setter (I suppose it's optional though) so you can change Azelf to this set:
Azelf @ Normal Gem
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off
- Explosion
- Taunt

:celesteela:
Finally I would suggest maybe giving Celesteela around 104 HP. A little bit of bulk on Celesteela proves useful for stomaching hits from certain Pokemon. Utilizing its beefyness on hyper offense is really nice.

Here's the final version (which only includes changes, not suggestions).

:krookodile::azumarill::nihilego::celesteela::azelf::aegislash:

Insou

formerly LoveStallLiveLife
Hey there! I've seen you about the UU community so it's cool you posted an RMT! From what I've seen you're a promising player and I can't wait to see what you can do. That being said let's get into your team!

I personally am not the biggest fan of hyper offense this generation, but it certainly has its place in the tier. There are a couple issues this team has that I think can be fixed by the switching of Pokemon, but there are some changes I will suggest that I won't change; and I will leave those below as well.

Changes:

:Nihilego:
Nihilego is great on this team, I just quickly changed the set so that it boosts speed as opposed to special attack. I also made a suggestion to replace Thunderbolt with Pain Split in the case that Chansey is hard to break through still.
Nihilego @ Power Herb
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 80 HP / 176 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Meteor Beam
- Thunderbolt / Pain Split
- Sludge Wave
- Grass Knot

:Necrozma: --> :Azelf:
Now as I team rater I don't want to change the essence of the team but unfortunately I have to take away the Triple Meteor and make it only Double. One of the biggest issues your team has is the fact that it is incredibly slow. And while you have Pokemon that boost speed, you have no immediate speed. Azelf provides your team with immediate speed, and a fantastic breaker. The set I chose is Focus Sash which is nice if you can keep hazards off and one of my suggestions works well with Focus Sash. Alternative items would be Life Orb or Expert Belt.

:Tapu Bulu: --> :Aegislash:
Tapu Bulu is a cool choice and it certainly does things on this team, but it's just not an optimal. Grass Terrain provides no real benefit to your team and heals the opposing team. Bulu is slow, this set can't break Amoonguss, and it just doesn't fit well. Aegislash on the other hand is kind of a no brainer for every hyper offense. It's utility and offensive ability is unmatched. It's strength with stabs after a Swords Dance and its access to priority make it a monster. Weakness Policy gives Tangrowth immense regrets when it clicks Knock Off.

Suggestions:

I encourage you to consider more options for leads. A lead on a hyper offense team is essential to how the game is played.

:krookodile: --> :excadrill:
If you see a lot of Sticky Webs offense and have no way to keep hazards off, choose Focus Sash Excadrill. It's ability to slow opponents with Rock Tomb, or speed itself up with Rapid Spin in addition to keeping hazards off, and set up Stealth Rock is really nice. One of its fault is it doesn't have Taunt. At the same time, Krookodile is slow and therefore Taunt is harder to use versus something like Defog Salamence. Additionally things like Swampert have Stealth Rock + a pivot move and force you to either predict Flip Turn and set up Stealth Rock or Taunt on a Stealth Rock prediction.

:krookodile: --> :froslass: + change :azelf:'s set
If you find you like Spikes as an addition to your team, Froslass is amazing as it is fast and also has Taunt plus Destiny Bond. Froslass forces your opponent to make so many decisions in just a few turns. That would then require you to have another Stealth Rock setter (I suppose it's optional though) so you can change Azelf to this set:
Azelf @ Normal Gem
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off
- Explosion
- Taunt

:celesteela:
Finally I would suggest maybe giving Celesteela around 104 HP. A little bit of bulk on Celesteela proves useful for stomaching hits from certain Pokemon. Utilizing its beefyness on hyper offense is really nice.

Here's the final version (which only includes changes, not suggestions).

:krookodile::azumarill::nihilego::celesteela::azelf::aegislash:
These are perfect changes, yeah we changed the cc to megahorn in order to break past amoongus and tangrowth.
+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Tapu Bulu Megahorn vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Amoonguss: 337-396 (78 - 91.6%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock <--- bumps it up to 80% if the standard set with 168 def invest is used.

Although yeah these changes are def perfect, love that version honestly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)