SV OU Triple Defensive Core Team

Hey! I'm a player who's been gradually playing more regularly this gen, and I'm looking for some teambuilding advice. The team is based around the defensive trio of Amoongus, Ting-Lu, and Rotom-Wash, along with some speedy offensive threats.

Amoongus @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
-Spore
-Giga Drain
-Sludge Bomb
-Tera Blast

This guy is fantastic, probably the team MVP in the long-term. It's the de-facto switch-in to Tusk, and beats out most other defensive mons with Spore. Even mons that should scare it like Hatterene and Iron Valiant get hit pretty hard by Sludge Bomb. Spore also helps to eliminate offensive threats that the team would otherwise struggle with, and Tera Blast Water is meant to take out unsuspecting fire types post-Spore. I experimented with Foul Play and Hex before this, but Gholdengo shrugged those off.

Ting-Lu @ Leftovers
Ability: Vessel of Ruin
Tera Type: Poison
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
-Ruination
-Spikes
-Earthquake
-Whirlwind

A great partner to Amoongus who can handle most special threats. Whirlwind puts a stop to any setup shenanigans, and Ruination is there to punish switch-outs and annoy mons like Corviknight. Not much to say about this one, he works just as intended.

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 252 HP / 244 Def / 12 Spe
Bold Nature
-Volt Switch
-Hydro Pump
-Protect
-Will-o-Wisp

Rotom Wash rounds out the defensive core with threatening stabs and will-o-wisp, and a protect that comes in handy for keeping the pace of the match in check. Not a lot to say here aside from that I love just spamming hydro pump lol.

Meowscarada @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Protean
Tera Type: Grass
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
-Flower Trick
-Knock Off
-U-turn
-Play Rough

Now we're getting to the offensive threats, and scarved Meowscarada is easily my favorite. It's Knock Off hits remarkably hard and it outspeeds most things that would threaten it.

Dragapult @ Choice Specs
Ability: Infiltrator
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
-Draco Meteor
-Shadow Ball
-Flamethrower
-U-turn

A recent addition to the team, Dragapult has worked well as a threatening revenge killer with Specs. It's also helpful against the recently popular Walking Wake.

Scizor @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Technician
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
-Bullet Punch
-U-turn
-Defog
-Thief

So Scizor is probably the least obvious choice here, and I've had admittedly mixed results. Bullet Punch is nice to threaten fairies and for priority, but without a band neither it or U-turn hits as hard as I might like. It's helpful to have as a defogger, but too many things threaten it (especially with the recent popularity of sun teams) to keep it in very safely.

The main things my team struggles with are sun teams/strong fire types, as well as hazard removal. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

You have dragapult, so you don't really need meow to have a scarf. If you like the damage output, I would switch to a band for easy KOs since its fast enough without a scarf.

As far as scizor goes, I wish the meta was different so it could thrive. Maybe try an offensive tusk instead with rapid spin. You have three good defensive mons, and rapid spin tusk seems to fit in nicely.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)