Metagame Trademarked

I was trying to use a challenge code to play a match of Trademarked with a friend to bypass some of the bans, but it seems like challenge commands weren't working because it did not recognize the Trademarked abilities. The team had went through the validity team check for Trademarked, and worked under the normal challenge without the command, but the /challenge command for Trademarked just wasn't working. Is there a way to get this working, or did i mess up in my command?
My command was simple- /challenge gen9Trademarked @@@ Max Level = 100, Min Level = 50, ! Obtainable Moves, ! Obtainable Abilities, + Past.
1700784471542.png

These were all Pokemon that worked regardless of my command, but had me worried due to it not working, in the case I wanted to use banned stuff with friends.

Last edited:
:ogerpon-wellspring:
Defense boosts be damned my idiot baby girl can kill!
Ogerpon-Wellspring (F) @ Wellspring Mask
Ability: Focus Energy
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Ivy Cudgel
- Power Whip
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance

Quest
Approved by KaenSoul and Isaiah / Original idea from Snaquaza / OP adapted from and taken over from astralydia, with approval from UT

Trademarked

Banner by Gravity Monkey

In Trademarked, Pokemon can put one of their status moves in the ability slot and have it activate upon every* switch in, giving up their ability in the process.

Clauses:
Standard OMs
Single Trademark Clause. (1 of each trademark per team).
Sleep Moves Clause
Min Source Gen = 9

Banlist:
Trademarked Moves:
Baneful Bunker, Block, Chilly Reception, Copycat, Detect, Destiny Bond, Encore, Fairy Lock, Ingrain, Instruct, Mean Look, move:Metronome, Nasty Plot, Parting Shot, Protect, Roar, Silk Trap, Spiky Shield, Sleep Talk, Shed Tail, Shell Smash, Substitute, Swords Dance, Teleport, Thunder Wave, Trick Room, Will-O-Wisp, Whirlwind
Moves: Baton Pass, Last Respects, Revival Blessing
Abilities: Arena Trap, Magnet Pull, Moody, Shadow Tag
Pokemon: Arceus, Calyrex-Ice, Calyrex-Shadow, Dialga, Dialga-Origin, Eternatus, Flutter Mane, Giratina, Giratina-Origin, Groudon, Koraidon, Kyogre, Landorus-Base, Magearna, Mewtwo, Miraidon, Palkia, Palkia-Origin, Rayquaza, Slaking, Spectrier, Urshifu-Base, Zacian, Zacian-Crowned

Watchlist:
Trademarks: Disable, nonvolatile status moves such as Will-O-Wisp and Thunder Wave, Self Switching Moves
Pokemon: Annihilape, Iron Bundle, Iron Valiant

Strategy:
  • Pokemon can set up more easily, as they can simply swap in to gain a boost from their trademark as opposed to having to force something out or swallow a hit.
  • Defensive Pokemon can take advantage of stat dropping moves like Charm or Confide to get the edge vs Pokemon that may not be using boosting moves or to weaken Pokemon that are using them, especially since having a boosting move as a trademark usually means a foe isn't running one as a regular move.
  • Entry hazard setup and removal is also made much easier as you can now simply use it on switch-in (though hazard stacking at that point will definitely not be as easy).
  • Overall, Pokemon with setup as trademarks need to be prepped for (especially choiced ones), and the mons that may abuse stat drop status moves will make u more wary when u swap in your setup user.

Potential Sets:
:sv/Iron Valiant:
Iron Valiant @ Life Orb
Ability: Agility
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 64 Atk / 252 SpA / 192 Spe
Rash Nature
- Moonblast
- Close Combat
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball

Iron Valiant no longer needs to run Booster Energy to increase its speed, and can instead invest in both offensive stats for a terrifying mixed attacker.

:sv/Corviknight:
Corviknight @ Leftovers
Ability: Light Screen
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Roost
- Defog

Corviknight can give itself and its allies the same bulk as Ice Scales thanks to Light Screen, which doesn't get removed by the user's defog.

:sv/Meowscarada:
Meowscarada @ Choice Band
Ability: Spikes
Tera Type: Dark
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- U-turn
- Flower Trick

Meowscarada becomes a dangerous choiced pivot by setting a layer of spikes whenever it comes in.

:sv/Gholdengo:
Gholdengo @ Assault Vest
Ability: Trick
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Make It Rain
- Shadow Ball
- Nasty Plot
- Recover

By having Trick as a trademark, Gholdengo can cripple its opponent by giving it an Assault Vest, preventing it from using status moves.

FAQ:
Q: How does trademark interact with the likes of trace, skill swap and other ability transfer/ removal moves and abilities?
A: All ability changing moves work as they normally do. It still does what it needs to as a move though.

Q: How does taunt and assault vest effect trademarks?
A: Because they are treated as abilities, effects that would normally prevent the move from being used do not affect trademarks.

Q:How do Magic Bounce and Imprison affect trademarks?
A: Magic Bounce rebounds status moves as trademark back as they should, however Imprison doesn't block trademarks.

Q: Can trademarks miss or run out of pp?
A: They do not run out of pp or miss as they are essentially abilities.

Q: There's a limit on trademark activations now?
A: The format was removed last generation because of various infinite loops discovered, putting a strain on the server. Now, each Pokemon can attempt to use a trademark once per turn, which shouldn't affect the gameplay too drastically and would only be noticable if you attempted to make an infinite loop yourself.

Council:
Instruct
UT
Lumii
Eggs

Playability: Playable on Pokemon Showdown!
Question?
Why are like status moves as a ability gets invalid when you post a team with each trademark on the server?

Did you actually try to click validate or start a game or are just looking at the team builder?
Well I did make a team which validates my Red's team for Trademarked but however when i tried to click upload to server, it said that the status moves as abilities are invalid

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)