Announcement Tours & Tours Plaza Tournament Queue and Approval Thread (OPEN FOR GEN 9 TOURS BTW)

sundays

dhoondne nikla hu khudko mai nakaabon mein
is a Tiering Contributor
Tournament Name: Limit Break Series.

Tournament Host: sundays.n_sundaes

Tournament Time Frame: Sign ups will start (probably) next week and will last a week. The tournament duration will depend on the number of users joining.

Hosting Experience: I have hosted two uh
forum tournament before (National Dex Mega-Auction and Hunger Games Trios) and also over 200 successful user-hosted tours in the tours room through challonge. My Challonge Profile.

Tournament Description:
  • Tournament Style: Tournament will be Double Elimination. Every round will have a different format to play in.
    Limit Break: -Players build teams based on a given total BST limit each round. -Sum of BST of all the Pokemon on a team should not exceed the limit. -Each round will be in a different format (can be anything ranging from official formats to oldgen formats to OMs) and will have a different BST limit. Players can choose to have less than 6 Pokemon on their teams. -A player entering a battle with a non-valid team (with total BST greater than limit) will be disqualified.
  • Tournament Banlist: The exact Banlist/Ruleset of a round's tier will be followed, any complex bans will be mentioned on time.
  • Tournament Justification: Fun.
:medicham-mega: Approved

Last edited:
Tournament Name: Smogon March Madness
Tournament Host: GarchompFan1512
Tournament Time Frame: Signups happen as soon as approval occurs. Tournament lasts until Mid-April to Mid-May depending on number of participants
Hosting Experience: I’ve hosted Garchomp’s PokeBattle League
Tournament Description: Its a bracket tournament in a different format each round

Sure, but I'd just rename it to "March Madness" so people don't think this is an official tour. - Isaiah

Last edited by a moderator:

Clas

My death was... greatly exaggerated
is a Tiering Contributor
Tournament Name: Randpoke Tiers Godly Gift

Tournament Host(s): Clastia, kennukem

Tournament Time Frame: Signups start the Monday after HOME support releases for Scarlet and Violet as to increase the number of available Gods, and will last for one week. Each subsequent round will last for one week.

Host experience: My experience is just helping with pings etc. for forum tours but know how the entire system works + can easily handle it myself, whereas this is kennukem's first time hosting.

Tournament Description: The tournament would consist of a given number of Pokemon that the players can use per round, based off of their specific tiers. Gods are Ubers only, OU is OU + UUBL, UU is UU + RUBL etc, and PU is PU + ZU(BL). NFE Pokemon will only be included if they reach the required usage stats in ZU or above. Each Pokemon will be displayed below the match, and can reroll one specific Pokemon/tier one time per round. Players may pick which Pokemon they use from a specific tier if the round lets them do so, but not following the rules will grant an instant loss for that game.
The given round lets players pick the OU and Uber Pokemon, and my opponent is ponchlake. The rolls are as following:
  • Clas: Salamence (UU), Bronzong (RU), Copperajah (NU), Ampharos (PU)
  • ponchlake: Scream Tail (UU), Goodra (RU), Eelektross (NU), Houndoom (PU)
I reroll Copperajah to Vaporeon, and pick Giratina-O as my God and Greninja as my OU Pokemon. ponchlake rerolls Houndoom to Tropius, and picks Zacian-Crowned as his God and Torkoal as his OU Pokemon. Such teams would look like this:

View attachment 502221

This is legal, as it follows what both players were given + their free picks. Anything else is illegal, however, and would be considered a loss.
  • Tournament Style: Double Elimination, Best of One (except quarterfinal and subsequent rounds for each bracket). Byes will be given as necessary and as decided by Showdown's tournament generator.
  • Tournament Banlist: Godly Gift banlist + "useless" or otherwise detrimental Gods. Players may not pick Arceus, Calyrex-Shadow, Eternatus, Koraidon, or Miraidon and can only roll them as to encourage more diverse teambuilding.
  • Tournament Justification: Me and kennukem played this famous series after agreeing to in the Godly Gift Seasonal last Generation, and had plans to host a similar forum tournament since even before that set. Would also be a good way to see what different things are possible in such a flexible tier without being almost immediately unviable or suboptimal.

Sure - Isaiah

sundays

is a Tiering Contributor
Tournament Name: National Dex Same Trios Tournament.

Tournament Time Frame: Sign ups will start asap and will last a week. The tournament duration will depend on the number of users joining.

Hosting Experience: I have hosted three uh
forum tournament before (National Dex Mega-Auction, Hunger Games Trios and Limit Break Series) and also 250 successful user-hosted tours in the tours room through challonge. My Challonge Profile.

Tournament Description:
  • Tournament Style: Same Solo + Duo + Six (all in natdex). Tournament will be Double Elimination with Same Solo and Same Duo being best of 3 while Same Six being best of 1. Every round will have a different Pokemon set to play with.
  • Tournament Banlist: The exact Banlist/Ruleset of a round's tier will be followed, any complex bans will be mentioned on time. Z-moves will be banned in Same Solo and Duo tho.

Sure - Isaiah

Yoko

I COULD BE BANNED!
Tournament Name: Same trio series Triples

Tournament Host(s): yokoisop, pave low

Tournament Time Frame: Signups will start 10th of june and end on 17th of june, Rounds will be one week long, and the deadline for each round is 11:59pm at GMT+8 on saturday, The tournament is likely to take around 1 month to around 2 months, give or take depending on how many join.

Host experience: i have hosted a couple of tours before on challonge but otherwise me and pave havent really hosted a lot

Tournament Description:
Tours description:

• Tournament Style: Every 2 rounds, three random pokemon are picked, and they are the only that everyone can use for the next 2 rounds. The tournament will be double elimination, bo1.
  • Tournament Banlist: Standard [Gen 6] battle spot triples rules will be followed
  • Tournament Justification: I think this tournament will be quite fun and encourage ppl to built some interesting teams and sets,I think having 2 rounds will be nice so that ppl can adapt to the winning sets

Sure - Isaiah

Last edited:
Tournament Name: Lipedro's Double Battle Tournament

Tournament Host(s):
BRUKenjidog (PS: Lipedro)

Tournament Time Frame: Signups will start on the 19th of June and will end on June 27th. Rounds will be one week long, and the deadline for each round is 11:59 pm at GMT+0 on Sunday. Extensions can last until Wednesday GMT+0 after the round's deadline is reached. The tournament is likely to take around 1 month to around 2 months, give or take depending on how many join.Also this will be gen 9 format (Anything Goes).

Host experience:
No

Tournament Description:

Tournament Style: Double Elimination

Tournament Banlist:

• Articuno (Kanto and Galar Forms)
  • Zapdos (Kanto and Galar Forms)
  • Moltres (Kanto and Galar Forms)
  • Mewtwo
  • Mew
  • Kyogre
  • Groudon
  • Rayquaza
  • Uxie
  • Mesprit
  • Azelf
  • Dialga (Origin and Primary Forms)
  • Palkia (Origin and Primary Forms)
  • Heatran
  • Giratina (Altered and Origin Forms)
  • Cresselia
  • Arceus (All 18 Forms)
  • Tornadus (Incarnate and Theriane Forms)
  • Thundurus (Incarnate and Theriane Forms)
  • Landorus (Incarnate and Theriane Forms)
  • Meloetta (Aria and Pirouette Forms)
  • Diancie
  • Hoopa
  • Volcanion
  • Magearna
  • Zacian
  • Zamazenta
  • Eternatus
  • Kubfu
  • Urshifu (Single-Strike and Rapid Strike Styles)
  • Zarude
  • Regieleki
  • Regidrago
  • Glastrier
  • Spectrier
  • Calyrex (Classic, Ice Rider, and Shadow Rider Forms)
  • Enamorus (Incarnate and Therian Forms) And all other legendaries and mythicals

Tournament Justification: I'm doing this to see how people will do without the power of using legendaries.Maybe their teams will differ,or maybe it will all be the same.

Sorry for the late reply, if you still want to try this, you can :espeon:

Last edited:
Tournament Name: Camovergence

Tournament Host(s): Hiusi guy, (Someone else if this gets accepted)

Tournament Timeframe: Signups would start on the 29th of June and go to the 9th of July. Rounds will each be a week and the tour time will depend on how many users join.

Hosting Experience: First time (Will ask someone else more experiencd if this is accepted)

Tournament Description:

• Tour Style: Double elimination and best of three
  • Tour Banlist: Convergence and Camomons banlist but removing the Volcarona and Drednaw ban (Shell smash and Quiver dance banned)
  • Tour justification: Omms are pretty fun and I'd like to share a creation of mine

Sure, sorry for the late reply :espeon:

Last edited:

Cyril tbh

formerly LordDoesOtherStuff
Tournament Name: CAPOM Series

Tournament Host(s): LordDoesOtherStuff

Tournament Time Frame:
Signups: July 5th-July 12th
R1: 13th-23rd (to make sure R2 starts on a monday)
R2: 24th-31st
Rounds are a week long from then on out, starting monday, ending sunday. Tour will end depending on how many people sign up. Cant estimate it really but probably sometime September.

Host experience: Ive Hosted a few tours on challonge, Ive hosted a bunch of speedtours in draft settings, and one season of a nuzlocke-based draft league.

Tournament Description: The tour is a mashup of two formats, gen 9 CAP and a new OM every week. That means that for week one, something like CAP AAA could be played, Week 2 could be CAP Stab, etc etc. Each new week, the format will be revealed, each following the bans that are set by the tiers.

• Tournament Style: The tour will be Single elimination, and byes will be given to make sure the amount of players are even. All battles will be Bo3
  • Tournament Banlist: The tournament will follow the basic rules of CAP, as well as the respective OM that is played.
  • Tournament Justification: I really think CAP is one of the more interesting metas around, and Id love for more people to try playing it. The format is a little dead at the moment, which sucks since its one of my favorites.

Approved :espeon:

Last edited:
Tournament Name: Mystery Box Random Battle Tournament - ($300 Prize Pool)

Tournament Host(s): Pave Low & sundays

Tournament Time Frame:
Would aim to get the sign-ups going very soon and start the tour whilst summer is still happening and then, of course, the longevity will depend on the sign-ups.

Host experience: I have only just started co-hosting my first tournament but I am keen to get into the swing, Sundays is a regular in these neck of the woods and his expertise will be utilised significantly.

Tournament Description:
The name gives away part of the game, it is indeed a random battle tournament. The mystery box refers to a slight tweak in formats each round. For instance, we plan on doing a Bo3 so potentially round 1 would be a basic multi-gen where game 1 is Gen 7, game 2 is Gen 8 and game 3 (if 1-1) is Gen 9. Another round would be P12B6 with a couple of random bans. We wouldn't make it significantly different, a couple of tweaks each time but we're keeping it simple nonetheless. In regards to justification, the prize pool will be the eye candy for the vast majority. I intend to offer $200 for 1st, $75 for 2nd and $25 for 3rd (3rd-place playoff match between the semis losers). It would be nice to have a rands tour with a bit of a kick to it, will make for fun conversations within the thread :)

Sure :espeon:

Cyril tbh

formerly LordDoesOtherStuff
Tournament Name: CAP Multigen Trios

Tournament Host(s): Cyril tbh

Tournament Time Frame: Depends on the signups, but I imagine start around when CAPOM ends, so like end of august end to around early-mid november.

Host experience: Ive hosted a few challonge tours, and am currently hosting CAPOM series.

Tournament Description:
Provide a general description for your tournament that includes:
  • Tournament Style: This tour is a trios tour, double eliminations. One game played gen 9 cap, one gen 7 cap, one gen 5 cap.
  • Tournament Banlist: Does the tournament follow a pre-existing banlist(s) for the meta(s) it features? it If not, what are the additions/subtractions to the ruleset(s). Regular banlists
  • Tournament Justification: What do you hope the tournament will accomplish? Why do you think it would be a tournament that people will be interested in signing up for? Cap is really fucking fun, and I want more people to realize that :

:espeon: Approved

cat

love so good feels like a thriller
is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Tournament Name: RandOM ROA OUs Series
Tournament Host(s): KarpeSan and I will host.
Tournament Time Frame: Signups open ASAP and last a week, tour starts immediately after that. Each round lasts a week, end date would be based on signups.
Host experience: I have hosted a few small events for a discord server on challonge, meanwhile Karpe on the other hand has hosted AAA Secret Santa last Christmas.
Tournament Description: Each tier will be a random generation of OU decided by a !dice, meanwhile me and Karpe will decide on an OM that will be added to that generation of OU for the round.
Tournament Style: Single Elimination
Tournament Banlist: The added bans / unbans will be based on Gen 8's iteration of given OM. (eg: if i did Gen 6 OU + camomons, it would ban all pokemon in Gen 6 that is in Gen 8's camomons banlist.) This is due to Gen 8 having less dexited Pokemon and more time for metagame development compared to Gen 9)
Tournament Justification: OMs are fun and ROA OMs are relatively unexplored, Im sure that there will be a lot of creativity for each week.

:espeon: Ok

gen 1 glitchymon
gen 1 ag but you can only bring missingno

Rage edit: Declining this, sorry :espeon:

sundays

is a Tiering Contributor
Tournament Name: "BOSS-A-BABY CUP"

Tournament Hosts: Mr.Bossaru sundays

Tournament Time Frame:
Sign ups will start next week and will last a week. The tournament duration will depend on the number of users joining.

Hosting Experience: I have hosted five userhosted
forum tournament before (National Dex Mega-Auction, Hunger Games Trios, Limit Break Series, National Dex Same Trios and Mystery Box Random Battles) and also over 250 successful user-hosted tours in the tours room through challonge. My Challonge Profile.
Bossaru is PMPL Champion 2022 and The ZU God/NU Goat.

Tournament Description:
  • Tournament Style: Bo3 - Swiss
  • Tournament Banlist: Same Six ORAS LC basically, with eviolite being banned.
  • Tournament Justification: Funny.

Sure - isaiah

tournament name: gen 9 random battle tourney

tournament host: chris the cup

tourney time frame: sign ups start tuesday 29, 2023 at 12:17 p.m. and will end at 12:47 p.m. the length of this tournament will be depending on how many people signed up for this.

hosting experience: none

tournament description:this tourney will be double elimination, so if your knocked out first round, it's not over yet!
tournament style: double elimination byes will be given.
tournament rules: have fun!
tournament justification: fun and puns is a good sign of people wanting to be in this tournament.

Regular tours like this tend to not get approved since they can just be hosted in their normal forum - Isaiah

Last edited:

sundays

is a Tiering Contributor
Tournament Name: Hunger Games Trios Tournament.

Tournament Time Frame: Sign ups will start in the first week of February and will last a week. The tournament duration will depend on the number of teams joining.

Hosting Experience: I have hosted a forum tournament before (The National Dex Mega-Auction Tournament) and also over 200 successful user-hosted tours in the tours room through challonge. My Challonge Profile.

Tournament Description:
  • Tournament Style: Each team will have 3 players. The tournament will be single elimination, with each round being a best of 3. Hunger Games specific rules can be found in the description of this page.
  • Tournament Banlist: Standard [Gen 9] National Dex Ruleset will be followed.

approved by Isaiah
This again please Isaiah

Sure - Isaiah

sundays

is a Tiering Contributor
Tournament Name: HGPL III
hgpliii.jpg

art by Gledson Ribeiro

Tournament Host: sundays

Tournament Time Frame: Player Sign-ups will start mid-December, the tournament should last for about 11-14 weeks after it begins.

Hosting Experience: I have hosted National Dex Mega-Auction, Limit Break Series, Two Hunger Games Trios, Mystery Box Random Battles, BOSS-A-BABY Cup and National Dex Same Trios Tournament in this sub-forum itself. I have also hosted the previous 2 iteration of HGPL on discord.

Tournament Description:
  • Tournament Style: Team Tournament with 8 teams with ideally 8 players and 2 subs in each team. Flexible enough to fit 6 players and 2 subs as well if we don't hit enough sign-ups (which in my opinion is not an issue). Usual Round Robin to Playoffs style as regular team tour, only difference is that we have a game round between the four qualified teams before Playoffs begin which gives the winning team a slight advantage. The formats we play are very different each week, the only concrete thing is there's atleast one doubles, one vanilla metagame and one randbats each round. The tournament will exclusively take place in our A Place to Hangout server where the managers have already been selected. Them being:
:porygon2: Perpetual Porygons: ionnss
:tatsugiri: Tasty Tatsugiris: xxTermanato69
:tyranitar: Tohjo Falls Tyranitars: Tanish
:lucario-mega: Malicious MegaLucs: Liimpy
:amoonguss: Amoonguss Imposters: Spcplayzz
:greninja: Goldenrod Greninjas: pratik2007
:garchomp: Gangster Garchomps: DragonPhoenix333
:mawile-mega: Muh-Fuh Mawiles: Cyril tbh
  • Tournament Justification: Would be a great change seeing unique user-hosted team tours come up. This tournament is extremely fun, the previous two iteration have been very successful. This tournament supports extreme variety and would be a dream come true for people who love to try out many different formats.

Tournament Name: Gen 3 Remade

Tournament Host(s): Hiusi guy

Tournament Timeframe: Signups would start on the 31st of December and go to the 7th of January. Rounds will each be a week and the tour time will depend on how many users join.

Hosting Experience: Camovergence mostly on my own

Tournament Description:

Tour Style: Single elimination and best of three
Tour Banlist: Gen 9 National Dex banning every pokemon not in gen 3 excluding megas and regional forms
Tour justification: Was thinking on the fact that modern gen 1 has its own format now so I came up with this and I think it could be fun.

:espeon: sounds potentially cool, sure
:Jigglypuff: In hindsight I should've tested the chall Code before request a tour, sorry

Last edited:
Tournament Name: Broken Cup 1v1 Tournament

Tournament Host(s): Oaklies (might have someone help)

Tournament Time Frame: Signups from ~Jan 1 to Jan 8. Rounds will last a week, and I don't expect the tour to take longer than a month.

Host experience: I do not but I've joined a handful of tours and have taken notes

Tournament Description: Provide a general description for your tournament that includes:
  • Tournament Style: Single elimination and bo7
  • Tournament Banlist: Regular Broken Cup banlist but maxteamsize=3, pickedteamsize=1, teampreview
  • Tournament Justification: Broken Cup was one of the most popular randbats spotlight formats, and it's been over 9 months since it had a tour. This is a for-fun tour that combines Broken Cup with 1v1, which I think is a cool twist.

sundays

is a Tiering Contributor
Proposal for a mini-circuit so I don't have to post here individually for every tour:
Team Tournament with 8 teams with ideally 8 players and 2 subs in each team. Flexible enough to fit 6 players and 2 subs as well if we don't hit enough sign-ups (which in my opinion is not an issue). Usual Round Robin to Playoffs style as regular team tour, only difference is that we have a game round between the four qualified teams before Playoffs begin which gives the winning team a slight advantage. The formats we play are very different each week, the only concrete thing is there's atleast one doubles, one vanilla metagame and one randbats each round.
Same Solo BO3, Same Duo BO3 and Same Six BO3 every round. Details.
Sum of BST of Pokemon in a team should not exceed given limit and changing formats every round. Details.
Team Tour with tmg based 8 tiers:
Ban for Ban Random Battle BO3:
Auction:
Limit Break BO3:
Same Solo BO3:
Same Duo BO3:
Same Trio BO3:
Same Six:
Same SolOM (AAA+Camo+AlphaCup) BO3:
Subject to change ^
Top 16 Battle BO5 (2 tiers picked by one player each, tierbreaker format will be randomised through a wheel each round) Single Elimination

looks great to me :espeon:

sundays

is a Tiering Contributor
Tournament Name: "BOSS-A-BABY CUP"

Tournament Hosts: Mr.Bossaru sundays

Tournament Time Frame:
Sign ups will start next week and will last a week. The tournament duration will depend on the number of users joining.

Hosting Experience: I have hosted five userhosted
forum tournament before (National Dex Mega-Auction, Hunger Games Trios, Limit Break Series, National Dex Same Trios and Mystery Box Random Battles) and also over 250 successful user-hosted tours in the tours room through challonge. My Challonge Profile.
Bossaru is PMPL Champion 2022 and The ZU God/NU Goat.

Tournament Description:
  • Tournament Style: Bo3 - Swiss
  • Tournament Banlist: Same Six ORAS LC basically, with eviolite being banned.
  • Tournament Justification: Funny.

Sure - isaiah
This but CAP
He wanted me to host this whenever I got free and now I am...

ok :espeon:

Tournament Name: Almost Any Ability Same Solo Series 2

Tournament Hosts: ihbst, sundays

Tournament Time Frame:
Signups will end on March 3, Sunday, 2024 at 11:59 PM GMT(-0). Round 1 will start shortly after, and each round will be 1 week long(deadline will be 11:59 GMT every Sunday). I am expecting the tournament to last around 2 months.
Edit: took longer than expected to get approved so start date is postponed.

Hosting Experience: I hosted Almost Any Ability Same Solo Series last year, and sundays has hosted many other Smogon tournaments.

Tournament Description:
  • Tournament Style: Every 2 rounds, a Pokémon is randomly picked, and it is the only Pokémon that everyone can use for the next 2 rounds. The tournament will be double elimination, and each round is a bo1.
  • Tournament Banlist: The tournament will follow the standard ability banlist for AAA, with additional bans on all luck based items:(Focus Band, Bright Powder, King's Rock, Quick Claw), 100% accuracy lowering moves(Mud Slap, Sand Attack, Smokescreen), and also moves and items on the 1v1 banlist(Focus sash, Acupressure, Perish Song) I have also decided to ban the moves Imprison and Attract and the abilities Libero and Protean.
  • Terastalization will also be prohibited.
  • Tournament Justification: Same as last year, I think the tournament will be fun, and encourage people to create unique sets. Same Solo bo1s don't require much time investment as games usually end quick and you only have to create 1 set per round

:espeon: Approved

Kinzo

formerly Kinzo Ketchum
Tournament Name: MSPL (Mystic Society Premiere League)
MSPL_I_Logo.png

Tournament Hosts: Kinzo GeniusFromHoenn

Tournament Time Frame: Manager sign ups open possibly right after this post gets verified. Player sign ups open a week later and the tournament begins 2 weeks later. It lasts for about 7-9 weeks depending on amount of sign ups received after then and probably ends mid-late April.

Hosting Experience: GeniusFromHoenn has hosted various tournaments all over smogon like ubers generation cup 3 times, usum ubers cup and no johns ubers tournament. As for me i am fairly new into the hosting experience but i have managed in team tournaments like NDOTPL and several discord tournaments like ISPL.

Tournament Description:

• Tournament Style: This will be a team tournament trying to feature several communities from this website. It will include 6/8 teams which each include 8/10 players with 2 subs. It will be Round-robin, leading into play offs after the round robin weeks end. 4 teams will qualify for play offs.
  • Formats: SV OU, SV SLAM BO3 (UU,RU,NU), ND OU, ND SLAM BO3 (UU,RU,NU), SV UBERS, SV 1V1 BO5, OLD GEN BO3 (All Previous Fairy Generations ie. USUM,ORAS,SWSH), SV RANDOM BATTLES BO3
  • Tournament Justification: This will be a really interesting tournament which allows people from different communities to get to know each other and reduces the divided nature of smogon. It will be really fun especially when people get to showcase their skills in different formats that they have never tried before.

approved :espeon:

zastra

you didn't even notice
is a Tiering Contributor
Tournament Name: SV Monocolor tournament
Tournament Host(s): me, Clas & Murphy Lawden
Tournament Time Frame: signups starting this Sunday or the next, depending on planning etc
Host experience: ya ive hosted a lot of tours
Tournament Description: single elim
Tournament Banlist: probably the svou one, could unban/ban a few mons depending on brokenness
Tournament Justification: monocolor is fun. current project discord server

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)