[Tournament Proposal] making RBY more consistent with other generations

gastlies

running up that hill
is a Forum Moderator
Hi all, I have a some proposals to make RBY more consistent with later gens since consistency is very important in team tours.

1. Bo1 - this is obvious lol why is RBY the only gen that’s Bo3

2. Patch 1/256 - other gens have their 100% accurate moves hit all the time so RBY should be like this for consistency

3. Fix crit rates - other gens have fixed crit rates not based on speed so why should RBY be an exception? feels inconsistent imo

4. Add in “modern elements” it’s kinda inconsistent that RBY is the only gen without held items, spatk/spdef stats, and other stuff. We can also add things like abilities and the physical-special split too.

5. Mod in Landorus-Therian - In order to be consistent with other generations I feel like RBY should have Landorus-Therian so all the tiers are consistent

6. Add Tera to all oldgens - this isn’t RBY specific but i feel it’s kinda inconsistent for current gen to have tera while old gens don’t

Thoughts on this proposal? I think these should be implemented for SPL in order to increase consistency across tiers, thanks for reading.

Thoughts on this proposal? I think these should be implemented for SPL in order to increase consistency across tiers, thanks for reading.
can we also ban snorlax in GSC for overcentralization? 100% usage last spl lol it's ridiculous, it'd be banned in any other gen

since it's clearly uncompetitive I propose we quickban it the day before the signups. I'm sure the GSC community will be thankful

BigFatMantis

is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
UUPL Champion
You forgot some key items:

7. Team Preview - RBY doesn’t have team preview, which makes it impossible to sort your mons pre fight to take advantage of Zoroark’s Illusion ability. We need to patch in preview as well as Zoroark.

8. Change Clefable’s type to Fairy - Clefable is a Fairy type on all other generations and quite good competitively so its typing should change in RBY. Also mod in Body Slam to still get the STAB bonus anyways because it really needs it.

9. Add the Rotom forms - the Rotom forms have defined many tiers for many generations, but they’re absent in RBY. This is likely because there is no Rotom in RBY. As a result, we need to add the form changes but instead apply them to Magneton to stay true to the RBY cartridge.

10. Add in Baton Pass - it’s very unfair to RBY that we never get any Baton Pass drama. To fix this, we have to add Baton Pass into all RBY tiers but then slowly and complexly issue bans around its usage over the course of 8 years before finally banning it for good. Then unban it the year later.

This should round off the top 10, hope we can fix this soon.

Egor

I COULD BE BANNED!
RoAPL Champion
i think players should be allowed to gentleman on whether they play with 1/256 misses or not. this agreement will be enforced. if no 1/256 miss happened in a game players agreed to have em in, the result is overturned and the players are infracted. repeated offense will result in a tourban

pulsar512b

ss ou fangirl
is a Pre-Contributor
can we also ban snorlax in GSC for overcentralization? 100% usage last spl lol it's ridiculous, it'd be banned in any other gen

since it's clearly uncompetitive I propose we quickban it the day before the signups. I'm sure the GSC community will be thankful
i think this is a genuine thing we can discuss fwiw but definitely not as a qb and its very unclear if its correct

1LDK

Light Up The Night
is a Top Team Rater
if we are making clef fairy then might aswell add jirachi and latias to the game, also add stealth rock in gen 1

i think this is a genuine thing we can discuss fwiw but definitely not as a qb and its very unclear if its correct
I feel like my decision wasn't communicated clearly enough. it's smogon policy to make the simplest and most consistent decision with the least amount of input from people who play the game (lol losers, imagine playing pokemon). not gonna change until you pester chaos bud

Last edited:
Freeze should be banned in RBY, it is so uncompetitive and unhealthy.
clearly the only logical solution, to stay loyal to cartridge mechanics and to avoid complex bans, is to ban every pokemon who learns a move that can freeze. it's a sacrifice I'd be willing to make on behalf of rby players for the sake of consistency

edit: thank you for policy review access kind stranger

awyp

'Alexa play Ladyfingers by Herb Alpert'
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I think we should ban Arena Trap to stay consistent with newer gens as well. It makes no sense for RBY to have Arena Trap legal while gens 4+ have it banned
arena trap ban is a skill issue, wym you're trapped?

Normal types suck in other gens but are good in gen 1. Add steel types, make fighting types not suck, nerf hyper beam and let body slam paralyze normal types to bring them more in line with future gens.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)