Top 8 Felisets of ALL TIME

Feliburn

is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
RU Leader

s/o Accel for always accepting my dumbass requests LMFAO love u bro

Heyo RU community. As the years, and the different generations, come and go, we've seen my enormous brain come up with the most META DEFINING sets of certain metagames. Today I'll be sharing a bit of history to the new kids, and I'll list my top 10 8 high IQ sets throughout the RU generations...

#8 Felirose

Roserade @ Black Sludge
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Leaf Storm
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Sleep Powder

Could not have started this thread without the set that commenced the entire "Feli-" thing we have going on. This set was just Black Sludge 3 Attacks + Sleep Powder (Greed Powder as we like to call it) Roserade. The reason it got called Felirose was cause at the time people were shifting towards Life Orb and Spikes, and I was the only idiot using this set. Little did they know that, at the moment, I've never used the move Spikes before in MY LIFE, which is how I ended up with this set. HOWEVER, it got me my first ever RUPL win in this game.

#7 Feliboom

Rillaboom
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Drum Beating
- Acrobatics
- Knock Off

The GOAT set before it became a GOAT set. Swords Dance Itemless Acrobatics Rillaboom to OHKO Vileplume after a Swords Dance. You may be wondering "FELI BUT EVERYONE USES THAT" well duh you are welcome. I used this set BEFORE Grassy Surge was released, it only became better after that. If you didn't like me at my Overgrow, don't look for me when I'm at my Grassy Surge. Here's a replay of it cleaning in the end, s/o Gooben for the scary Snorlax matchup.

#6 Felimelo

Meloetta @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Serene Grace
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast

If Felirose started the meme, Felimelo turned it to an ongoing joke. I decided to use perhaps the best psychic type the tier had, slap a boosting move and a Z move with it, and decided to call it my own creation. This was before Z Celebrate or whatever Meloetta got after was released, making it the go-to set during this meta. It was pretty cool to nuke Registeel and break teams. I wouldn't say it was game changing or anything, but it was very fun to use. Here's a game of it nuking the frick out of a Registeel, but please excuse the awful chokes LMFAO no shame in the past.

#5 Felidrud

Druddigon @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 60 HP / 252 Atk / 196 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Thunder Punch
- Fire Punch
- Sucker Punch

Wait, STABless Drudd? In ORAS RU??? That's RIGHT. This mon was an epic as frick lure back then, cause it'd hit Regi + Venu + fat water cores, as well as getting the KO on Diancie. Iron Head did more than enough to Flygon, so I figured I'd never really need Dragon Claw or any dragon move. Here's an RUPL game vs NaCL aka Cirlo, where it did just what it needed to do.

#4 Felishay

Shaymin @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
Timid Nature
- Seed Flare
- Air Slash
- Substitute
- Leech Seed

Classic SubSeed Shay, nothing too crazy, right? Yet, you'd be surprised NOBODY used this set back then. They had this massive hate for it despite it being super epic. It could have been because Noivern started picking up in usage, and it just bypassed Substitute, could have been that people were just bad. Like bro, ur still gonna do 10 to Registeel, at least this lets u beat it ROFL. Here's shay 1v1ing half of Ajna's team in our g3 of our RULT series, until this kid got lucky and dodged the winning seed flare..

#3 Felivally

Silvally-Steel @ Steel Memory
Ability: RKS System
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Work Up
- Multi-Attack
- Flamethrower
- Thunderbolt

I started gen 8 with a BANG. After spamming the frick out of Indeedee during this meta, I realized I needed to add some spice to the breaking potential of the teams. Work Up Mixed Silvally just owned the Mantine + Vileplume + Random Ice type cores people were using early on. s/o Bebo for always hyping this one UP. Here's the replay where it was born, and effectively cleaned up the game. Btw, this set does not apply to Steelvally only, as any Work Up Silvally is now a Felivally.

#2 Feliploud

Exploud @ Chesto Berry
Ability: Scrappy
Timid Nature
- Work Up
- Fire Blast
- Boomburst
- Rest

The OG Feli creation before these were even a thing. This is what happens when you have me, a noob, on my first ever deep tour run. My opponent's team were all fat, slow teams, so I just came up with a set that would hopefully pull the matchup and 6-0. Thankfully, I did, making my first ever RU open run advance to like round 6 or something like that. What is considered to be one of the most frail breakers in the tier, turned into a set-up sweeper, could only be created by someone either truly stupid and desperate for innovation, or an undiscovered genius. GAME HERE.

#1 Felibro

Slowbro @ Rindo Berry
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 188 Def / 52 SpD / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Slack Off
- Ice Beam

Okay, I don't even NEED to explain this one. The greatest thing that has ever graced SM RU besides Z moves, Sir Isaac Mewton, and Arifeen's nomination to ban Necrozma. This set has prevailed throughout the years as one of the most used Slowbro sets in the metagame. Being able to check and revenge kill mons like Virizion, Sceptile, Roserade and Grass Knot Metagross. Perhaps the one set that made me spend 3 hours in the builder, figuring out how to beat these mons. Just maybe, I could use a regular grass resist like Registeel? Nah, that'd be too easy. Here's the replay where I first made a team with this demon, hoping to catch Ajna's Roserade on the big stage. Yet it didn't even reveal the tech, that's how much PRESENCE this tech had, just the sheer fear of having it on the back will prevent anyone from trying to kill Slowbro with any grass type not named Dhelmise.

We can only hope to see if I'll ever come up with another defining set like the ones mentioned above. Thanks for reading, and I'll be more than happy to answer any questions posted in this thread. Peace.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)