National Dex Top 500 Weather Crashing Bird Core(Ubers)

Weather Crashing Bird Core
Starring a Llamma and Marshmallow too!

:sv/groudon-primal: :sv/arceus: :sv/yveltal:
:sv/kyogre-primal: :sv/Marshadow: :sv/ho-oh:

It’s me Anchor9 again. I’ve been enjoying
NatDex Ubers and have gotten pretty good at it, like broke the top 500. I’m not for sure exactly how impressive that is, but I know my team needs improvement. I thought I might as well post this before I go on like a 10 game losing streak or something.

IMG_0043.jpeg

So this team has the Weather Duo and some birds as a defensive core. Marshadow is there to be Mega Ditto and Arceus brings some priority.

The Team:
:sv/groudon-primal:

Primal-Lava-Dino (Groudon-Primal) @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
Tera Type: Ground
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Heat Crash
- Bulk Up
- Dragon Tail
- Precipice Blades

Groudon brings serious firepower to the team. I chose a more defensive Groudon. This helps the team a lot vs Rayquaza and Zygrade and fast Groudons. With an HP investment, I can survive Percipice Blades from opposing quick Groudons and OHKO them back with the same move. It also helps swapping into a Primal-Kyogre’s Ice Beam, and being hit by a Tera Dark Yveltal’s Dark Pulse, or a Waterfall from Rayquaza. Heat Crash is a generally great move for Groudon due to its weight. The move nicely one shots offensive Yveltals and Mewtwo-Y. Bulk Up boosts Groudon up, allowing it to OHKO more foes and survive additional hits. Dragon Tail is extremely nice for phasing against Rayquaza(especially Sash), Kyerum-B, offensive Arceus forms, Zygrade, and Necrozma-U. Especially nice for those Necrozma-DMs thinking they’ll get a free Dragon Dance / Swords Dance by going Ultra-mode.

:sv/arceus:

Fortnite Llama (Arceus) @ Silk Scarf
Ability: Multitype
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Taunt
- Swords Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Shadow Claw

Arceus nicely revenge-kills anything a teams may have left alive. On top of that Extreme Killer is a beast in its own right. The set is pretty simple. The Silk Scarf helps revenge-killing. Taunt is scary…. And it keeps status away and shuts down defensive Arceus forms. If I had a dime every time I blocked a Toxic with this, I wouldn’t be really rich still. Especially helpful shutting down slower Yveltals, Ho-ohs, and Lugias. Swords Dance and Extreme Speed is the E-Killer part. Shadow Claw hits Giratina and Marshadow. Tera Ghost helps against Zacian-C, since sometimes it holds Close Combat. It really is a guessing game with Marshadow though, especially when Marshadow carries Tera Normal.

:sv/yveltal:

Y (Yveltal) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Dark Aura
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Knock Off
- Foul Play

Yveltal serves as a nice defensive pivot for my team. Yveltal also helps to nicely get rid of Rayquaza, Necrozma, and that one random guy who uses Kingambit through Foul Play. Yveltal also cripples Marshadow by rendering the Pokémon’s Focus Sash useless via Rocky Helmet. Defog is to keep hazards off for Marsh and the team, especially T-Spikes. Anyone using Gholdengo in Ubers to keep hazards up will receive a nasty suprise with Yveltal. Knock Off assists the team by knocking off opponent’s items. Roost helps Yveltals, longevity. Tera Steel is just a good defensive typing. I did experiment with Tera Dark Dark Pulse, but that didn’t fit my Yveltal that well. The main role for Yveltal is to remove Rayquaza and opposing Marshadows.

:sv/kyogre-primal:

Za Whale (Kyogre-Primal) @ Blue Orb
Ability: Primordial Sea
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Ice Beam
- Thunder
- Origin Pulse
- Water Spout

Kyogre is my main unit of damage and flying thingamabobber destruction. Speed because this bad whale is carrying Water Sprout. Water Sprout in rain just annihilates everything. I also needed some speed pressure from someone on my team. This is a pretty regular Kyogre set. Ice Beam to not be walled by a P-Groudon switch-in and to hit Rayquaza and other Dragons. Thunder to ram Lugia, Ho-Oh, and Yveltal, plus the nice paralysis chance. Origin Pulse once Kyogre gets low. Kyogre is probably the best thing for Zygrade on my team because of Ice Beam.

:sv/marshadow:

Mega Ditto (Marshadow) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Technician
Tera Type: Dark
Jolly Nature
- Spectral Thief
- Shadow Sneak
- Drain Punch
- Pursuit

Just having Marshadow on a team puts pressure on opponents about boosting. Marshadow is a second revenge-killer on my team and stops snowballing through the evil move Spectal Thief. Marshadow especially helps against Geomacy Xerneas and Coil Power-Zygrade. Spectral Thief steals the opponent’s boosts. Shadow Sneak for priority. Drain Punch makes Marshadow harder to revenge-kill after the Sash is consumed. Pursuit is for the cowards who run before I can steal their boosts, although a rarely use it since it’s quite a risky prediction. Maybe C-Combat over it or something for Arceus, or something like Iron Head so I won’t have to guess against a possibapposing Tera-Normal Marshadow. Tera Dark is just something left over from my early days of building this team. I liked using it to absorb a Photon Geyser, steal a Necrozma-U’s boosts, and keep my Sash intact. I probably should change it to Normal to block other Marshadows.

:sv/ho-oh:

Majestic Chicken (Ho-Oh) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Regenerator
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Defog
- Thunder Wave
- Sacred Fire
- Roost

Ho-Oh completes my double bird core. Ho-Oh is my foremost Geomacy Xerneus counter, able to tank quite nicely a +2 Thunder from the deer, and then cripple it back with Thunder Wave. I was using Whirlwind earlier to laugh at Xerneus boosters and Para-shuffle, but I needed a Defogger that wouldn’t get crippled by Stealth Rock, and Yveltal needed the Rocky Helmet, so I have two Defog users. Thunder Wave helps support my teams rather low speed tier. Sacred Fire is Ho-Oh’s signature move and has a great burn chance. Roost helps Ho-Oh’s longevity. Tera Water helps check Stone Edge Groudon better.

Threats:

None! My team is too prefect!!! Just kidding.

I’m having problems against Defensive Arceuses, especially quick ones that Taunt my Arceus in a speed tie. Arceus Water and Dark seem to be the main problems. They pull off annoying status and recover any health lost.

Stall cores such as Eviolite-Chansey and Dozo can be hard to break through with Arceus down too. Essentially it becomes a guessing game of swapping between Groudon or Kyogre, who are respectively walled by Dozo and Chansey. I used Mewtwo-Y with Psystrike for a time, and that helped, but it hurt the team overall.

Sash-Shot Rayquaza( or Scale-Sash, whatever) can be an immense problem once it gets going, since I have nothing that is Immune to Scale Shot and Scale Shot breaks Marsh’s Sash. Thankfully I usually see it and it never amounts to anything, but it can be a problem if it starts to get going.

Final Notes:

This team has done really well for me, but I’ve been kinda stuck in the high 1400s / low 1500s for a bit and I know it can be improved. If you wonder why I haven’t mentioned Dialga / Palkia, I seriously haven’t faced them once my entire time laddering. All advice is appreciated! Hope you enjoyed reading this!

Last edited:
Just gonna bump this real quick. Managed to break top 200.(fell since then)
IMG_0044.jpeg

Changed Marshadow to M-Salamence so my team can exert more offensive pressure.

Salamence-Mega @ Salamencite
Ability: Intimidate
Happiness: 0
Tera Type: Flying
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Frustration
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake

Changed Bulk Up to Stone Edge for P-Groudon because of Ho-Oh and Defog to Taunt for Yveltal to face stall. Still would like a rate if anyone can. Thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)