Entertainment Top 10 Chemistry of Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Relationships

Brief idea:
I will be posting here a survey monkey type of quiz here as to which Pokémon Duo does the community love to have in the Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Games. And also how does the community interpret and see the Hero/Partner Shipping for those players? Deeply Platonic or Romantic Couple (it can be the same to those that love two males or two females that see each other as a couple)? It is in promotion of the upcoming Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon by next year. The Wiiware version won't be included since it was Japanese exclusive.

Existing Pokémon Selection for hero and partner:

Kanto Starters- Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle
Johto Starters- Chikorita, Cyndaquil, Totodile
Hoenn Starters- Treecko, Torchic, Mudkip
Sinnoh Starters- Turtwig, Chimchar, Piplup
Unova Starters- Snivy, Tepig, Oshawott
Kalos Starters- Chespin, Fennekin, Froakie
Non-Starters- Eevee, Cubone, Machop, Vulpix, Shinx, Eevee, Meowth, Skitty, Riolu, Phanphy, Axew, Psyduck, and Munchlax.

Target Audience:
Players who have played the Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Series, Pokémon Shippers (people that love pairing up pokemn as if it's romance/bromance/sisterly romance/bffs), and others interested too.

Note: Idea is not yet final. But most ideas are already placed here.

Maybe you could talk about how the Pokemon match up in game (like, how good/bad they are for beating the main storyline), and something about the personality quiz and how it relates to the duo instead?

I know back when I played Explorers of Sky I was very focused on getting good starters to beat the game efficiently (Riolu and Piplup), then on the second run through the game I went with different starters for more of a challenge, so expanding more on that would give this article a bit more of an informative side than simply who matches with who. The storyline focuses on the hero/Grovyle/Dusknoir instead of the two partners anyways (until the very end that is), but you'd probably want to avoid major spoilers in a public article like this.

edited for more clarity

Last edited:
Maybe you could also talk about how the Pokemon match up in game (like, how good/bad they are for beating the main storyline), and something about the personality quiz and how it relates to the duo?

I know back when I played Explorers of Sky I was very focused on getting good starters to beat the game efficiently (Riolu and Piplup), then on the second run through the game I went with different starters for more of a challenge, so expanding more on that would give this article a bit more of an informative side than simply who matches with who. The storyline focuses on the hero/Grovyle/Dusknoir instead of the two partners anyways (until the very end that is), but you'd probably want to avoid major spoilers in a public article like this.
You know, I see your expansive ideas as a GREAT thing to add too. I could see a category writing might be done like this:
Ex:
Pokémon Pairing # 10: Pokémon A (gender) and Pokémon B (gender)
I. Explain what makes them popular aesthetically as a couple, or bffs, bromance/sister romance.
II. Explain how efficient (good/bad) the pair can be in PMD's main Storyline. Notably in the dungeons of the main Storyline. But I might consider including Explorers second part of the campaign before the post game. The post game of Gates and Rescue won't be included.

=================================================================================================

Of course before I could even start writing the article, I need to create a poll/survey. You see, I only have survey monkey (basic) to give me the ability to make one. But do you have any other survey maker software that is free to use? I kinda see survey monkey not being enough.

You know, if you are interested to make a collaboration with this article, I'm willing to invite a few writers here. If you want that is.

Alright I spoke to Quarkz, making a poll would really overcomplicate things, why not just try to do your personal top 10 duos and elaborate on why you feel passionate about those top ten? It would make more sense as you would have more to write instead of trying to think of stuff to write based off what the community says, and would make for a much better article. Do it like that and its approved.

Alright I spoke to Quarkz, making a poll would really overcomplicate things, why not just try to do your personal top 10 duos and elaborate on why you feel passionate about those top ten? It would make more sense as you would have more to write instead of trying to think of stuff to write based off what the community says, and would make for a much better article. Do it like that and its approved.
Honestly, I agree with you so far. I can see my personal top 10 pairings could work. I'll think of the pairings and their effectiveness for now before I write. So Spydreigon, I just want to your opinion as to who are your favorite pokemon duos (and the genders you prefer giving to each pokemon). If you can, ask Quarkz too. Even just top 3 or 5 can suffice so that I have something to start with at least. If you want that is... just tell me if you don't want to participate.

Quarkz

dGltZSBmb3IgbWUgdG8gbW92ZSBvbg==
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
If you can't think of a top 10 yourself, do a top 5. You really need to be able to pick these by yourself to do the best article possible.

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Just to make sure everyone is on the same page, best pairs in terms of things like effectiveness are fine. We don't really feature shipping type articles, though.

Reactions: Spy
Just to make sure everyone is on the same page, best pairs in terms of things like effectiveness are fine. We don't really feature shipping type articles, though.
Just for a refresher, so once I completed my article, I can set the prefix to grammar once I finished it, am I right?
Though I made it as informative as possible, I still put my own little shipping of the duos I included. It's halfway done so far.

Quarkz

dGltZSBmb3IgbWUgdG8gbW92ZSBvbg==
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Wait a bit so someone can check it first just to ensure that it is up to standard. Can you post what you have so far in the workshop so we can actually see what you have so far as "I still put my own little shipping of the duos I included" doesn't fill me with confidence and I wouldn't want you to do work for nothing.

Wait a bit so someone can check it first just to ensure that it is up to standard. Can you post what you have so far in the workshop so we can actually see what you have so far as "I still put my own little shipping of the duos I included" doesn't fill me with confidence and I wouldn't want you to do work for nothing.
I already posted it on the workshop. So far, I'll tell you as to how I did the research (mostly courtesy on Serebii):
a. Check dungeon locations and residing wild pokemon
b. Scan the pokemon's moves and abilities the pokemon can use
c. Examine IQ Skills

GOOD NEWS! I finished it! That took me like about 3-5 days to finish. Who knows? I could encounter artists who would want to give my article a picture for it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)