Hex @ Lv. 28
Seed Bomb @ Lv. 34
Spore @ Lv. 40
Growth @ Lv. 44
Giga Drain @ Lv. 48
Earth Power @ Lv. 54
Power Whip @ Lv. 58

TM Moves:
Hyper Beam, Solar Beam, Confuse Ray, Light Screen, Reflect, Swift, Rest, Substitute, Protect, Scary Face, Sludge Bomb, Mud-Slap, Spikes, Giga Drain, Endure, Sleep Talk, Rain Dance, Taunt, Bullet Seed, Mud Shot, Magical Leaf, Toxic Spikes, Seed Bomb, Energy Ball, Earth Power, Giga Impact, Flash Cannon, Trick Room, Leaf Storm, Grass Knot, Venoshock, Acid Spray, Foul Play, Hex, Grassy Terrain, Dazzling Gleam, Tera Blast, Trailblaze

Egg Moves:
Leech Seed, Toxic, Rapid Spin, Mirror Coat, Knock Off, Tickle, Acupressure, Rage Powder

Positive Attributes:
- Spore and Rapid Spin along with Spikes and many other supportive moves makes it really stand out
- Unique typing along with good special Bulk
- Pretty fast for a defensively inclined pokemon and check many Ground and Rock types

Negative Attributes:
- Its Ability is a double edged sword and make status moves move last most of the time
- Quadruple weakness to Ice and a few other common weaknesses such FIre and Bug
-Frail on physical side and shallow offensive movepool
-4 moveslot syndrome has many support options but can't fit everything

Terastylizing types:
- A Fire or Steel type Terastal type can help it turn the tides defensively and can augment it Rapid Spinning prowess
- While Ice or Rock Terastal type make it much more threatening but cuts down on its staying power considerably

Rapid Spinner:
Toedscruel @ Heavy-Duty Boots/Leftovers
Ability: Mycelium Might
Tera Type: Steel/Fire
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 SpD
Bold Nature
-Spore
-Rapid Spin
-Earth Power
-Giga Drain/Knock Off/Leech Seed/Tera Blast

Toedscruel is a lot better than many other spinners due to having Spore crippling a opponent for most of the match. Earth Power does good damage to many of the rock and steel hazard setters. The last slot you many options Giga Drain helps it longevity while and you also remove items with Knock off. The EVs make it as bulky as possible but you could tweak it to outspeed Cloyster or other targets.

Offensive Set:
Toedscruel @ Weakness Policy or Expert Belt
Tera Type: Rock/Ice
EVs: 4 Def/252 SpA/252 Spe
Timid/Modest Nature
-Leaf Storm/Energy Ball
-Earth Power
-Tera Blast
-Spore/Sludge Bomb/Rapid Spin

This set catches a lot of things off guard and actually pack quite a punch. Leaf Storm is its most powerful move and hits very hard. Earth Power takes care of most of the steel types and Tera Blast gives it a fighting chance against Ice and Flying types. The last slot is customizable to your team.

It gets many other options like Spikes, Toxic Spikes, Mirror Coat, Toxic, Dual Screens and Acupressure among other things but they are difficult to fit into a moveset.

Toedscruel has all the tools to be able to very formidable threat and is way cooler than Tentacruel ever was.

Last edited:
I've found its stupid ability can be helpful sometimes. Going second means the opponent doesn't have any time to sleep a turn meaning at worst you get a free switch, at best you can switch to something and set up. Or you just set up some Spikes.

With the power level of this meta I can't imagine this guy being OU, but it has a lot of great support moves and decent typing so maybe it could find a niche.

I argue that Toedscruel has a spot in OU. With Mycelium Might, Spore will always go off on any Pokemon that isn't a Grass-Type. This gives Toedscruel a role in checking Gholdengo. While it may not be able to Rapid Spin on the golden ghost, but it can still put it to sleep despite Good As Gold. This, combined with STAB Earth Power makes this Pokemon a solid Gholdengo check. Not it's only niche mind you, with it's really good speed and bulk. This Pokemon is really being slept on if you ask me.

I argue that Toedscruel has a spot in OU. With Mycelium Might, Spore will always go off on any Pokemon that isn't a Grass-Type. This gives Toedscruel a role in checking Gholdengo. While it may not be able to Rapid Spin on the golden ghost, but it can still put it to sleep despite Good As Gold. This, combined with STAB Earth Power makes this Pokemon a solid Gholdengo check. Not it's only niche mind you, with it's really good speed and bulk. This Pokemon is really being slept on if you ask me.
Garganacl also doesn't like this thing for the same reason of bypassing its ability. But at least the pillar of salt has Body Press.

One of the best spinners in the metagame. Earth Power ensures you're not too passive as there is only a few ground immunities and those immunities get shut down by Spore. Having access to (T)Spikes is also very valuable. It's kind of like base Tentacruel: It does not look like much, but when you play with/against it, you realize just how well it works out. The good 'ol 160 Timid to outspeed Rotom and positive base 85s works there too.

Spaghetti (Toedscruel) @ Leftovers
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 252 HP / 96 Def / 160 Spe
Timid Nature
- Spore
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic Spikes
- Earth Power

Compresses hazard remover + tspikes setter. TSpikes may become meta soon, we'll see

One of the best spinners in the metagame. Earth Power ensures you're not too passive as there is only a few ground immunities and those immunities get shut down by Spore. Having access to (T)Spikes is also very valuable. It's kind of like base Tentacruel: It does not look like much, but when you play with/against it, you realize just how well it works out. The good 'ol 160 Timid to outspeed Rotom and positive base 85s works there too.

Spaghetti (Toedscruel) @ Leftovers
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 252 HP / 96 Def / 160 Spe
Timid Nature
- Spore
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic Spikes
- Earth Power

Compresses hazard remover + tspikes setter. TSpikes may become meta soon, we'll see
I agree Toedscruel is ridiculously underrated. Spore really puts it above most of the other rapin spinners and can hold its own against many of the spinblockers notably Goldengo, Gengar and Skeledirge

Toedscruel @ Heavy-Duty Boots
EVs: 252 HP / 224 Def / 32 Spe
Bold Nature
- Spore
- Rapid Spin / Toxic Spikes / Spikes
- Earth Power
- Leech Seed / Giga Drain

This is what I’ve been using. I’m honestly not impressed with Toedscruel as a hazard setter vs the common hazard removal mons. It does force sleep fodder but it struggles to keep hazards up long term: the negative priority on Spore still gives the target the option to remove hazards if it so chooses, and once a target has been spored Toedscruel loses to Corv straight up, while the Donphan formes dunk on it with Ice Spinner regardless (although Tera Fly helps these matchups slightly ig). It’s also super weak, EP barely 2HKO’s uninvested Goldengo & that AV Treads set as is.

With that said, its typing + Spore + spin is great utility. Toedscruel’s support movepool is vast but Leech Seed feels mandatory in the last slot. The chip is useful in a hazard meta and it’s the most consistent option vs switch-ins, although Knock & Toxic are decent. Toedscruel also wants Boots > Lefties to come in on hazards repeatedly and Giga as an alternative is somewhat inconsistent. The dual STAB does have merit, however, and when the meta settles Wish support will help Toedscruel on this front immensely, potentially freeing up a moveslot.

Last edited:
Toedscruel @ Heavy-Duty Boots
EVs: 252 HP / 224 Def / 32 Spe
Bold Nature
- Spore
- Rapid Spin / Toxic Spikes / Spikes
- Earth Power
- Leech Seed / Giga Drain

This is what I’ve been using. I’m honestly not impressed with Toedscruel as a hazard setter vs the common hazard removal mons. It does force sleep fodder but it struggles to keep hazards up long term: the negative priority on Spore still gives the target the option to remove hazards if it so chooses, and once a target has been spored Toedscruel loses to Corv straight up, while the Donphan formes dunk on it with Ice Spinner regardless (although Tera Fly helps these matchups slightly ig). It’s also super weak, EP barely 2HKO’s uninvested Goldengo & that AV Treads set as is.

With that said, its typing + Spore + spin is great utility. Toedscruel’s support movepool is vast but Leech Seed feels mandatory in the last slot. The chip is useful in a hazard meta and it’s the most consistent option vs switch-ins, although Knock & Toxic are decent. Toedscruel also wants Boots > Lefties to come in on hazards repeatedly and Giga as an alternative is somewhat inconsistent. The dual STAB does have merit, however, and when the meta settles Wish support will help Toedscruel on this front immensely, potentially freeing up a moveslot.
what does the 32 Speed allow it to outspeed that is super important?

viet noa

eating neopronoun pizza at little xe/xyrs
is a Pre-Contributor
:sv/toedscruel:

Toedscruel is a pretty interesting Pokemon, as it boasts the same stats as Tentacruel but a very unique moveset and typing. Its low stats do likely prevent it from being a true OU staple, but I think it's intriguing as a defensive mon.

Toedscruel @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 24 SpD / 232 Spe
Calm Nature
- Earth Power
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off
- Rapid Spin

There's been lots of talks of Toedscruel using Spore and Leech Seed, but I think Toedscruel has the ability to solidly run Assault Vest. With the given EV spread, it outspeeds Timid Gholdengo and can beat it in a 1v1 scenario. This makes it close to the only defensive hazard remover that can even dare to take Gholdengo on. All four of its attacks have great use, making Toedscruel a utility spinner with somewhat reliable recovery.

Although Toedscruel is quite flawed, with its middling stat spread and quadruple Ice weakness, there's still a lot to like about this new Pokemon.

:sv/toedscruel:

Toedscruel is a pretty interesting Pokemon, as it boasts the same stats as Tentacruel but a very unique moveset and typing. Its low stats do likely prevent it from being a true OU staple, but I think it's intriguing as a defensive mon.

Toedscruel @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 24 SpD / 232 Spe
Calm Nature
- Earth Power
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off
- Rapid Spin

There's been lots of talks of Toedscruel using Spore and Leech Seed, but I think Toedscruel has the ability to solidly run Assault Vest. With the given EV spread, it outspeeds Timid Gholdengo and can beat it in a 1v1 scenario. This makes it close to the only defensive hazard remover that can even dare to take Gholdengo on. All four of its attacks have great use, making Toedscruel a utility spinner with somewhat reliable recovery.

Although Toedscruel is quite flawed, with its middling stat spread and quadruple Ice weakness, there's still a lot to like about this new Pokemon.
I have also found Mirror Coat on a more offensive set be a decent option, being able to take almost all special attacks and OHKO back

Hmmm all good sets, still trying to figure out what I want to do with mine. She's shiny so I wanted to make her work with the team... I don't know if I want to make her a special offensive mon. I'm definitely wanting to keep Giga Drain, Spore, Earth Power, and Knock Off. Not sure what I want her ev spreads to be. I feel like I want to make her offensive since my team does have bulky mons for 3 slots with the other two being physical sweepers. Though on the other hand I don't really have a special wall. Most of my tanks are on the defensive side.

Hmmm all good sets, still trying to figure out what I want to do with mine. She's shiny so I wanted to make her work with the team... I don't know if I want to make her a special offensive mon. I'm definitely wanting to keep Giga Drain, Spore, Earth Power, and Knock Off. Not sure what I want her ev spreads to be. I feel like I want to make her offensive since my team does have bulky mons for 3 slots with the other two being physical sweepers. Though on the other hand I don't really have a special wall. Most of my tanks are on the defensive side.
Nice shiny find. I also want a shiny of it because i love that color scheme it has.

The first 3 moves are probably the best to have regardless of how you use her. Last honestly is up to you. Leech seed/(t)spikes for some extra ultility, same with knock off, or a final coverage move like foul play vs the physical attackers, or sludge bomb or dazzling gleam.

I myself am probably going spore, earth power, leech seed, and either spikes or giga drain.

You could go for max HP and Special Attack to maximize its bulk and its power. Leftovers is one of the best items.

Maybe this is a silly thought, but would Toedscruel be viable with hex, given its status infliction and access to the move? A ghost Tera toedscruel would be...unexpected, curious how useful that would actually be and I recognize it's probably outclassed at that role by skeledirge, but it's a thought I had

Maybe this is a silly thought, but would Toedscruel be viable with hex, given its status infliction and access to the move? A ghost Tera toedscruel would be...unexpected, curious how useful that would actually be and I recognize it's probably outclassed at that role by skeledirge, but it's a thought I had
Base 80 SpA is not particularly scary. Ghost as a Tera type doesn’t really do anything for Toedscruel defensively (i.e., doesn’t flip weaknesses to resists or immunities), and then you’ve wasted your Tera. Think Toadscruel already wants to fit a lot of utility moves into four slots, and it’s likely best used in that role

Yeah it's not too good. Toedscruel has much better overall sets. Most players will switch out the afflicted pokémon anyway.

Calm Nature
EV's 252 SpD / 128 HP / 128 SpA
Item: Leftovers
Tera Type: Grass
-Spore
-Substitute
-Leech Seed
-Giga Drain

Basically, I have been destroying teams with this build. The only real realistic counters, are multi hit moves. Maushold and Population Bomb especially.

If you don't stop Spore, you typically end up in an infinite loop. Setting up Toxic Spikes beforehand can make this all the worse. This is a setup where, it has to be taken right away or it's over.

Giving up the Ground STAB was not ideal, but after over 100 battles with this, I can say it hardly ever matters.

I wanted to contribute this. Been reading Smogon for many years, you all do a great service for Pokemon players everywhere. Thank you!

D you
Calm Nature
-Spore
-Substitute
-Leech Seed
-Giga Drain

Basically, I have been destroying teams with this build. The only real realistic counters, are multi hit moves. Maushold and Population Bomb especially.

If you don't stop Spore, you typically end up in an infinite loop. Setting up Toxic Spikes beforehand can make this all the worse. This is a setup where, it has to be taken right away or it's over.

Giving up the Ground STAB was not ideal, but after over 100 battles with this, I can say it hardly ever matters.

I wanted to contribute this. Been reading Smogon for many years, you all do a great service for Pokemon players everywhere. Thank you!
Do you have any replays, I'm interested to see this in action.

Calm Nature
-Spore
-Substitute
-Leech Seed
-Giga Drain

What is purpose of the Evs?

Calm Nature
-Spore
-Substitute
-Leech Seed
-Giga Drain

Interesting but you also get hard stopped by any grass type pokemon

I’ve been using Toedscruel a lot recently in tera raids, so my experience won’t be the most applicable, but his ability lets you run zoom lens while automatically satisfying its requirement.

In the context of tera raids, we normally critically need screech to hit. A missed screech can sometimes really ruin the whole 4-player coordination effort, so wide lens is standard on most screechers, but with 85% accuracy, wide lens isn’t enough to make it hit all the time. Toedscruel’s terrible ability ensures it will get the zoom lens boost, so screech has perfect 102% accuracy. The only other pokemon with that is compoundeyes venonat lol.

In the context of singles, most of Toedscruel’s best moves are perfectly accurate. This is probably more relevant for draft leagues to get some spicy status moves to be more accurate (stun spore especially, toxic, and the aforementioned screech). Missing a wacky move like that will burn the element of surprise necessary for them to function. Definitely not a meta thing, but an observation for one unique way to use his ability.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)