Time Slot Selection Poll

When should our Sign-up threads be posted?

• Total voters

Plus

中国风暴 trademark
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
ALL TIMES ARE FRIDAY / SATURDAY GMT -5. YOU MAY VOTE FOR MULTIPLE OPTIONS.

Previously in b101...

Depending on the results of this poll, we will have either one or two designated time intervals where we will post sign-ups. All sign-up threads in the future will now be posted on a Friday or Saturday, alternating days after every round. This poll will close in a week.

Kink

it's a thug life ¨̮
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Sorry if this isn't clear, but multiple votes means you can post multiple time slots that you happen to agree with, correct?

For the record, I picked 12-8pm, meaning I am okay with any signup thread that is posted in between these times.

IMO the best thing to do would be to find the time zones of your biggest player groups and post when most people would be available. Biggest group is probably North America, not sure what parts of Europe/anywhere else have a big showing for B101.

I'd then consider what times people are usually free. Between school/work/what have you, many people aren't going to be available in the time slot from around 7 AM to 5 (maybe even 6) PM. So try to think about posting around that window. A lot of people are going to eat around 6/7, so getting the thread up around 8 or 9 would, to me, be ideal. Not too late for even those of us with bedtimes or early mornings, and not so early that it would conflict with most activities or what have you.

And post on a weekend. That frees up many more time slots, for people working 9-5 M-F or for those with school. There are, of course, people who work weekends, so picking 2 different days might be nice, and setting the time (as stated previously) somewhat later in the day may be beneficial.

I think the TL;DR for this is that if you were to post for a single time, I'd pick 9 or 10 PM EST which isn't super late for the East Coasters, and also gives those of us on PST a time of 6 or 7, which is also fairly friendly towards anyone working or schooling. Since the threads fill up fairly quickly I don't think it's an issue to have someone committed to staying up all the way to 11 PM EST (so late!) in order to close the thread in a timely manner.

Do a similar thought process for your biggest group of non-NA users and you've got yourself a pair of very accessible sign up times.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)