Pending Tiering the tiers

Nanulak

formerly PokefanKIV
Hi, there! I already said this in the Smogon Help/Suggestions thread, but this is Showdown, so I’ll put it here. I think that instead of organizing the tiers (Ubers, OU, UU, etc.) by alphabetical order, you should tier them. I mean order then by how good they are or by usage rates. The less good the lower it is, the better the higher. What do you guys think?

Adeleine

after committing a dangerous crime
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
At least in the format selector / teambuilder, we already do this. We have the most popular types of games, Random Battle and OU, at the top, and everything else below. Any reordering beyond that sounds pretty arbitrary in the end and liable to cause more confusion than benefit, I think. (Also, if I were forced to order the Ubers-PU tiers for non-'alphabetical' reasons, I'd probably keep the present order. Ubers is the least restricting of the group and imo provides a comparatively unique environment that distinguishes it from OU in terms of players it appeals to. For UU-PU, in my experience they tend to be slightly less popular and established the farther they are from OU, on average.)

Screen Shot 2024-01-16 at 9.14.58 PM.png

Nanulak

formerly PokefanKIV
Oh. Okie. I do use Teambuilder and I don’t remember OU nor Ubers being tiered like that, but I’m probably just tired and don’t understand tbh. And I wasn’t too sure this would pass because it meant a lot of work. Well, thank you for at least looking at it in the slightest!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)