Metagame Tier Shift

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
approved by Ransei
Tier Shift

Tier Shift is a metagame in which threats that normally wallow in the depths of lower tiers take centre stage! Step aside Keldeo, Dragapult and Clefable, its time for RU rejects, NU ne're-do-wells and the pits of PU to shine!

Rules:

Mechanic
: Pokemon get a +10 boost to each stat excluding HP per tier below OU they are in. UU gets +10, RU +20, NU +30, and PU +40.
Clauses: Standard OU Clauses
Bans: OU Banlist + Damp Rock, Heat Rock. Eviolite
Unbans: Zamazenta-Crowned

Strategy: Thanks to how Tier shift works, lower tier Pokemon are the main stays of the metagame. Weather, Stall, and Buly offense are all viable playstyles which thrive in the metagame.

Offensive

A titanic offensive juggernaut, Stonjourner comes to collect its due. With a staggering 165 Atttack stat and stellar coverage, it won't be easy to simply wall. 100 / 175 / 60 bulk means it can pivot into any physical attack with impunity, but can still be checked by a wide variety of special attackers. 110 speed is a decent speed tier as well, outpacing the Arctos.

Both Arctozolt and Arctozolt are already defining threats in the metagame, with Bolt Beak and Fisheous Rend respectively. Zolt relies on raw power and excellent coverage to muscle through teams, while Vish can utilize its better set of resistances go have more switchin opportunities. Thi is augmented by their hidden abilities releasing, allowing them to ravage teams like never before. They will be kept a close eye on.

Defensive:

-
While not the meta defining strat of yesteryear, balance and stall both benefit from the presence of strong bulky walls like these in the metagame. Fighting resists are paramount, and packing an Electric check is a major plus as well. Bulky Pokemon like Tangela who can serve as a catchall for physical breakers are greatly appreciated.

Unaware is a key component of stall builds, and both of these Pokemon offer unique advantages to being chosen. Pyukumuku has much more raw bulk, and can both PP stall and perform Soak + Toxic strats. Quagsire on the other hand has a better defensive typing and has actual attacking options.

Q&A:

Q
: What about BLs?
A: BLs are counted as the tier above them. So, BL gets no boosts, BL2 gets +10, etc. Logic is that why would they get boosts for the tier they can't be in?

Q: What happens when a stat goes over 255?
A: It caps at 255 base, since that's the highest possible stat.

Q: What do untiered NFE / LC pokemon get?
A: +40 as well, as they are still classed as PU

Q: Is there an easy way to see a pokemon's adjusted stats?
A: Why yes there is! Just use the command /ts (pokemon) and it will show you the new stats!

Last edited:
:dubwool:(72/110/130/90/120/118)
Dubwool‘s looking like it could be quite scary. I'm new to this metagame, but 72/110/120 bulk backed up by Fluffy doesn't seem too bad. Plus, if you go for an attacking set, 110 ATK can still pack a punch.

Dubwool @ Leftovers
Ability: Fluffy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Rest
- Body Press
- Cotton Guard
- Double-Edge / Bounce / Thunder Wave / Body Slam / Sleep Talk / Wild Charge

This is my preferred Dubwool set. There's probably a better item out there for it than Leftovers, but it nets some consistent recovery and helps it stay alive while sleeping. Generally you want to click Cotton Guard no matter what first turn, as it makes Dubwool insanely hard to crack by physical attackers. After that, you can usually get a safe Rest and not be taken down during the two turns of sleep. Body Press takes advantage of Cotton Guard to dish out pretty good damage. The fourth move is really up to preference on this set. Double-Edge or Body Slam provide nice STAB but you'll be clicking Body Press most of the time anyway thanks to Cotton Guard. Bounce or Wild Charge make sure you're not 100% walled by Ghosts. Thunder Wave can spread some status to slow down threats or read a predicted Ghost switch-in to Body Press. Sleep Talk usually isn't necessary as it's calling useless moves a lot of the time after you've gotten 2 Cotton Guards off, but it does make you less vulnerable.

Looking further down at one possible PU threat...
:leafeon: (65/150/170/100/105/135)
Leafeon definitely has some potential. With its new 135 base speed it outruns a lot of the current OU tier while still being able to double that in sun with Chlorophyll... Unfortunately, take one look at it and you'll see how shallow its movepool is.

Leafeon @ Life Orb / Choice Band
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Leaf Blade / Solar Blade / Bullet Seed
- Double-Edge / Swords Dance
- X-Scissor / Swords Dance
- Knock Off / Swords Dance

Solar Blade works well on sun teams, sure. But if you're not running a sun setter, you should probably use Leaf Blade as your STAB. Bullet Seed is also an option, but the hax are always real with those multi-hitting moves. There's not much coverage to pick from, but it does ok. Feel free to add Swords Dance instead of one of your coverage moves if you're running a Life Orb, since Leafeon does have a great Defense stat and can probably survive a hit.

lol (Leafeon) @ Leftovers
Ability: Chlorophyll / Leaf Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Toxic / Leech Seed
- Wish / Synthesis
- Protect / Detect / Leech Seed / Heal Bell
- Grass Knot / Bullet Seed / Knock Off

A slightly meme-y defensive Leafeon that can either run Wish and Protect to rack up extra Toxic or Leech Seed damage while healing, or a slightly riskier and more favorable-weather-reliant Synthesis set. Still benefits from sun greatly as both of its abilities rely on it. Chlorophyll is always a better option but if trying to stall during the sun, Leaf Guard can still prevent enemy status. It can also run Heal Bell and Wish together to act as a cleric for its team. 65 HP to Wish off of isn't stellar but can get the job done, especially for frailer and more offensive teammates (which I doubt will pop up too often in this bulky metagame but you never know). Final slot is for an attacking move to not be Taunt bait, although you'll probably be Wishing or Protecting most turns. Grass Knot or Bullet Seed do pretty well, and Knock Off is always a great utility move.

Other possible mons with some potential: :barraskewda: (just a bit shy of recieving RU buffs, rip, but still good) :mawile: :corsola-galar: :polteageist: :coalossal: :gurdurr: (basically conkeldurr that sacrifices a bit of power for more speed and b u l k, especially with eviolite)

Remember the days when PU Pokemon got NU boosts and the current stat boost spread was increments of 5 to every stat? Man TS has changed a lot since the days I played this format a lot. Anyway, Gen 8 TS looks interesting. Mainly want to look at the Galar mons.
First off, Evio is legal. How is that legal while Damp+Heat Rocks are banned? lol. Will probably do a separate post on Evio bulk threats.
Also, TS boosts don't apply to HP anymore. I saw this was a thing Gen 7 TS as well. Weird.

Below PU:
Nothing really catches my eye. But since these pokemon are untiered, part of me wants to give them +45 or +50 stats and see what happens? G-Luke Akashi has this been considered before?

PU:

:Throh: is still PU. Nice. Its likely still going to be a beast like it was last gen.

:Stonjourner:

As stated by G-Luke, this thing is an offensive juggernaut. Its pathetic special bulk is still bad but a bit better at 100/60 while 100/175 physical bulk lets it switch in on almost any physical attack. Offensively, 165 atk and 110 speed makes it hit like a truck and quite fast. Its ability is ass in singles and coverage is pretty limited but this is something to keep an eye on.

:Grapploct:

First off, I think this should have been a water/fighting and learned Aqua Jet.
Second off, Octolock is such a cool move and 80/158/130/110/120/82 are some beefy stats to work with.

:Pincurchin:

Sets electric terrain and has 48/135/125 bulk. A shame it doesn't learn Volt Swtich and Alola-Raichu is in RU instead of PU. So electric terrain teams are viable but its best abuser was nerfed hard.

PUBL:
Again, like G-Luke said, Arctos seem scary. But I still think their draco versions are better? :Dracovish: Fishious Rend hits harder thanks to Strong Jaw and has better coverage. Same can be said of :Dracozolt:. More power due to Hustle, and has coverage options like Fire Fang and EQ. That being said for the zolts, :Arctozolt: doesn't have to worry about random misses, and makes up for the quantity of coverage options for the quality of STAB Bolt beam coverage.

NU:

:Indeedee-F:

Despite being overshadowed by its base form that resides in RU, F is already a top tier in NU. But due to being in NU, everything the base form does, F does just as well or better.
Out of all the terrain setters currently available, F is the best at taking advantage of its terrain. 125 spa and 115 speed helps its offensive pressure.

:Appletun:
This Thicc Dragon just got thicker.
110/115/110/130/110/60 are some beefy stats. The increased offenses makes Apple Acid more threatening while 115 atk now makes eq worth considering.

:Sandaconda:
72/137/155/95/100/101 is quite a well rounded stat spread. Solid bulk, decent speed, and a great atk stat for a def mon.

:Cursola:
:Vikavolt: , :Chandelure: , and :Cursola: are all tied for the highest unboosted non-uber SpA stat in the game at 145. But since Chande is UU and Vika is RU, that means :Cursola: has the highest unboosted SpA in the format at 175 spa. 60 hp and 80 def means :Cursola: trash physical bulk is a lot better especially when backed by Strength Sap and WoW. Its still slow at base 60 but after a weak armor boost and max investment, 480 speed is quite fast. That's the same as a base 170 with 244 EV and a boosting nature which means it can basically outspeed the entire unboosted metagame. While the sets on Smogon are still good, I think this could be a very set.

Cursola @ Leftovers
Ability: Perish Body
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Hex
- Will-O-Wisp
- Strength Sap

Pretty straightforward but still annoying to deal with. Unless your immune to burn, grass, or have Psyshock, this set seems like a pain in the ass.

:Quagsire:
Not a Galar mon but god bless its back in NU. Last gen it was UU and was still considered a top tier. Now in NU, +20 more to every stat.

RU:

Nothing super stands out right now. Except :cramorant: because I love its ability.

Edit: :Barraskewda: has 143 atk and 156 speed. 156 speed makes it the 3rd fastest unboosted pokemon in the format and hits hard.

UU:

This isn't a galar mon, but Im just so surprised :Rotom-Wash: isn't in OU anymore. Which means it can get a stat boost.

But like in RU, nothing really is catching my interest right now.

Last edited:
Could this be a meta where my son, Nick III, the little Saint Nick that the Beach Boys sang of, Delibird, can be viable?

HP: 45
Att: 95
Def: 85
SpA: 105
SpD: 85
Spe: 115

Well those stats aren't... the best... but it's got good speed, and much stronger that it was in previous generations thanks to the addition of Brave Bird to its movepool. And it also has new coverage in Drill Run, and, and it can boost its speed with Rapid Spin, and, uhhh, and, oh who am I kidding the only thing Delibird would be good for is setting up a single Spike with a Focus Sash and then using the recoil from Brave Bird to deny a Defog or Rapid Spin.

Looks like you'll have to wait a bit longer until the other kids will let you play with them, son.

Here a pokemon that I think will be okay

Type:Grass/Fairy
Stats:60/85/120/130/140/70
The only Pokemon with spore in the game
Shiinotic @ Leftovers
Ability: Effect Spore
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Calm Nature
- Spore
- Moonblast
- Leech Seed/Giga Drain/Thunder Wave
- Strength Sap
this set is simple come in on a move you resist and use spore It decently powerful and Leech Seed+Strength Sap is really good recovery however it Attacking movepoll is very bad with the only non grass and fairy special moves being Sludge Bomb

My favourite Tier Shift Pokemon is back for gen 8 and that's great!

70/132/105/120/95/138

Basculin-Blue-Striped @ Choice Band
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Liquidation
- Superpower/Head Smash
- Crunch /Ice Fang/Psychic Fangs

Choice Band + Adaptability Aqua Jets are great. Basculin also is fast, which may open opportunities for devastating liquidations.

Basculin faces competition from Barraskewda (61/133/70/70/60/146) which is a bit faster and has a better moovepool, but looses the power that comes from adaptability and is extremely frail, while Basculin can take attacks from walls and keep going.

Ok, jokes over. Now to add some actual substance by doing some predictions.
Given that the Dracos's inferior cousins the Arctos are NU and PUBL respectively, giving them incredible stats that makes Dracovish look more like Dracobitch. The will be one of the biggest forces in the metagame by far and the OP even says they will.
And just like how OU currently forces you to run these bulky teams and HO, since otherwise you would just lose to Dracovish, I can already see similar problems with this Meta with the Arcbros, if not more so.
Given that Eviolite is also unbanned, just the pre-evolutions of the standard teams will likely be the standard here as well, minus Corvisquire (because Corviknight will still somehow manage to be good in this Meta. Idk how. It just will), so there isn't really much to say about them.

Being RU, Steelix's shares the same BST as its own Mega, but swapping some bulk and natural power for Speed and a better ability.
That's obvious if you just look up its stats on Showdown, but it's pretty important. Like stated before, the Arcbros will likely be the dominating force, and standard teams will be very similar to regular OU. I feel like Steelix will have a pretty good niche now. Considering that Arctozolt is part Ice, most bulky ground types tread on dangerous ground (ironically) as an Icicle Crash will do a ton of damage or outright OHKO. Steelix is an example of a Ground type that doesn't mind Icicle Crash that much. Against CB/CS sets, Steelix can easily force Arctozolt out, only needing to worry about the occasional Low Kick (which will be less common since many NFEs will be viable in this Meta).
Steelix is also an excellent check to Stonjourner. Being x4 resistant to it's STAB and Heat Crash being only 40 BP when used against Steelix, Steelix only dislikes seeing an Earthquake coming off of Stonjourner, but can still stomach 2 Earthquakes uninvested.
252 Atk Stonjourner Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Steelix: 130-154 (44.6 - 52.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
If Steelix does get the Jump on Arctozolt, it can set up Stealth Rocks to punish Zolt pretty hard. It can also use the opportunity to set up Curse or even Dragon Dance. That speed going from 30 to 50 is a big deal for Steelix since +1 now let's it outspeed base 99 (it's still slow, but it's better than still being outsped by base 70 positive nature) and +2 can reach 149 base Speed, combined with Steelix's great bulk, Dragon Dance is at least an option.

Lanturn is definitely play an important role in this Metagame. Having such high HP that isn't boosted like in previous metas means Lanturn doesn't have as much competition (since before every NU and PU Pokemon had a ton of HP) as it naturally has a lot of HP. But that won't be the main appeal.
Much like Steelix, Lanturn will be a great check to Arctozolt, but also Actovish. Ground, Lightning Rod/Volt Absorb, and Wonder Guard are the only Electric immunities in the game. Unfortunately, ground types are mostly weak to Ice and Water, and the Electric ability immune Pokemon are typically frail and most of the time don't offer a resistance to either Ice or Water.
Your options are Seaking (had to laugh irl when typing this), Arctozolt (which only resists Ice), and the Lanturn Line.
Lanturn will be a good alternative to Palpitoad.
Lanturn is able to use Heal Bell and Volt Switch, giving it great utility if you are comfortable already with keeping Stealth Rock up and want to have a Pokemon that's more supportive. Lanturn also has the advantage of not requiring Eviolite, where is Palpitoad is hit with a Knock Off, its pretty much just a Seismitoad with a bit more speed and power.
Sure, a Banded Fishious Rend still hurts a ton, Lanturn can run timid 64 Spe EVs (which fun fact lets you have 1 extra stat point Def than if you were to use 160 Spe and Bold) to ensure you outspeed Adamant Arctovish and Fishious Rend will always do a maximum of 34.1% (that is if it's Choice Scarfed). Volt Switch or Thunderbolt can then pick off weakened Arctovish.
The extra speed investment also lets you cutback on heart medicine and anxiety pill as you don't need to pray to 7 different gods that your opponent's Arcbro doesn't flinch your check (that is if they are not scarfed, but with Lanturn, your opponent will need to flinch you 4 times in a row (which is a 0.531441% chance of happening)).
Lanturn is also a decent check to Stonjourner, sort of. Having Scald and Volt Switch means that Stonjourner won't want to switch into Lanturn at all.

I'm starting to sound like a broken record here, but
*Inhales*
Duraludon is another Pokemon that can check the Arcbros. Having a dragon typing to resist Bolt Beak/Fishious Rend, pretty good Physical bulk, being faster, and having neutrality to Ice, Duraludon can be a good offensive check to Arcbros as well as Stonjourner as it also resists Stone Edge, has Heavy Metal(edit: nvm it actually does nothing regarding Heat Crash from Stonjourner), and also aims at Stonjourner's weak special bulk with super effective attacks. Duraludon can also provide utility with access to Stealth Rock and sets such as Sword Dance are much more viable as well since Duraludon now has some respectable Attack and speed in this meta and the bulk to set up more often against the bulkier Pokemon.
*exhales*

Last edited:
Isn't pikachu broken? He has a good speed, insanes offensive stats and a great movepool. He has a poor bulk though, but is still a threat.

I was wondering, what about ghost types? Since they're pretty present in most meta games in 8th gen and I have also the feeling it's the same for most OMs (AAA with gengar for example) but I don't really know wich ghosts are viable/strong offensivly in Tier shift. I was thinking about haunter but with every pokemon getting boosts not sure he'll be that strong with this 135 and 115 with lower defnses as gengar.
I also thought maybe drakloak but he hasn't any + over his evolution.
The only one I see would be froslass with its 70/110/100/110/100/140 stats? But Ice/ghost isn't the best typing as fare as I know.

So, is there maybe a mon that i forgot?

Also, sorry for my bad English. I'm still learning it ^^'

is there maybe a mon that i forgot?
Cursola is NU and gets +30 to every stat...
:Cursola:
New Stats: 60/125/80/175/160/60
Ridiculous Special Attack but meh Speed and not spectacular Defense.

Alola-Raichu is in RU instead of PU
Normal Raichu isn’t too bad and it’s PU...
:raichu:
New Stats: 60/130/95/130/120/150
Nice mixed offenses, and rather high Speed. I don’t know if it will do the job well though...

A few more mons:
:drifblim: NU
New Stats: 150/110/74/120/84/110
Naturally good bulk enables this fat boi here to be able to act as a decent wall, while mixed attacking stats make it an interesting surprise pick. Combine with Flare Boost and nice Speed and this actually doesn’t do too bad. (Or you could do Unburden + some consumable item)

:Wailord: PU
New Stats: 170/130/85/130/85/100
This thing is still the better wall though, with higher defenses and HP and only slightly less Speed. It can also run a Special Attacking set with access to interesting moves like Water Spout and Ice Beam, or a Physical one with Heavy Slam, Liquidation, Earthquake and Body Press.

:Beartic: PU
New Stats: 90/170/120/110/120/90
Really high Attack, and Ice is a good attacking type. Surprisingly good defenses, but it’s Speed is lacking in a far faster metagame.

:Lapras: PU
New stats: 130/125/120/125/135/100
Seriously, this thing has one of the highest BSTs in PU, only Silvally is higher, and this thing is bulkier.

Last edited:
Isn't pikachu broken? He has a good speed, insanes offensive stats and a great movepool. He has a poor bulk though, but is still a threat.
Absolutely not, especially without Hidden Power any more.
Hell, Raichu is pretty much better since Specs gives you the same boosts as Light Ball and Life Orb’s power isn’t too far behind Light Ball.
These are modified to adjust to the boosts they get.
0 SpA Life Orb Raichu Thunderbolt vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Manaphy: 315-374 (92.3 - 109.6%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO
0 Atk Life Orb Raichu Volt Tackle vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Manaphy: 421-499 (123.4 - 146.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
0 SpA Light Ball Pikachu Thunderbolt vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Manaphy: 356-420 (104.3 - 123.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
0 Atk Light Ball Pikachu Volt Tackle vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Manaphy: 494-584 (144.8 - 171.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
You would be giving up on better speed, bulk, and natural power to just have just for slightly more damage you’ll only use once due to Pikachu’d frailty and low HP (which doesn’t get boosted and would still be low).

Ivy

resident enigma
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor
Absolutely not, especially without Hidden Power any more.
Hell, Raichu is pretty much better since Specs gives you the same boosts as Light Ball and Life Orb’s power isn’t too far behind Light Ball.
These are modified to adjust to the boosts they get.
0 SpA Life Orb Raichu Thunderbolt vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Manaphy: 315-374 (92.3 - 109.6%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO
0 Atk Life Orb Raichu Volt Tackle vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Manaphy: 421-499 (123.4 - 146.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
0 SpA Light Ball Pikachu Thunderbolt vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Manaphy: 356-420 (104.3 - 123.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
0 Atk Light Ball Pikachu Volt Tackle vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Manaphy: 494-584 (144.8 - 171.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
You would be giving up on better speed, bulk, and natural power to just have just for slightly more damage you’ll only use once due to Pikachu’d frailty and low HP (which doesn’t get boosted and would still be low).
Light Ball doubles offensive stats; choice items are 1.5×

Ivy - I almost made the same correction earlier, but then I did some calculations, and I think this might be what they meant:

- Pikachu has base 55 Attack/50 Special Attack
- +40 each is 95 Attack/90 Special Attack
- Full investment on each (assuming you just pick one and run with it, anyway) is 289 Attack / 279 Special Attack (not accounting for nature)
- Light Ball is 2x that, so 578 Attack / 558 Special Attack

- Raichu has base 90 both
- +40 is 130 both
- Full investment on each is 359 both
- Either Choice item is 1.5x that, so 539 both

While it's not the same boost, the actual result is much closer than I would have expected! Pikachu's Attack is only about 7.3% better - and its (potentially more relevant) Special Attack is only about 3.6% better. In exchange for that small change in damage, Raichu has noticeably better bulk and Speed, so it's definitely the better special attacker - and the main benefit of higher Attack is specifically Volt Tackle, so Raichu might even be better there in the long run thanks to its higher HP.
It's not totally clear-cut - Pikachu is definitely better as a mixed attacker and doesn't have to deal with a Choice lock or Life Orb recoil, so it absolutely has an advantage in some important areas! But Raichu, surprisingly, isn't as outclassed as one might expect despite the vastly different power of their boosting items. If anything, I would say that Tier Shift narrows the gap between them rather than widening it!

I think Mr Mime Galar might still be better than Mr Rime. Even though Mr Rime has higher stats and gets a higher buff from being PU, the whole reason Mr Mime Galar is at a higher tier is it can use Eviolite, which is vital for it.

It's Chansey all over again!

Is Glaceon any good in this OM? With stats like 65/100/140/170/135/105, I think it might be a pretty good Offensive Pokemon.

Is Glaceon any good in this OM? With stats like 65/100/140/170/135/105, I think it might be a pretty good Offensive Pokemon.
The thing that holds back Glaceon is a lack of good moves and abillity, Ice Body and Snow Cloak are kind of useless.

Also having only Shadow Ball as coverage (I guess you could count Water Pulse and Stored Power) hurts it.

The thing that holds back Glaceon is a lack of good moves and abillity, Ice Body and Snow Cloak are kind of useless.

Also having only Shadow Ball as coverage (I guess you could count Water Pulse and Stored Power) hurts it.
It does also have Freeze Dry. However, so does Galarian Mr. Mime, who is much faster and has Nasty Plot and an actual movepool.

Glaceon would probably do best with Specs or Scarf (basically Kyurem without Earth Power or Draco Meteor) but after Ice Beam and Freeze Dry, it doesn't have many good options. Shadow Ball provides neutral coverage for Steel and Fire types, though neutral coverage off an 80 power move isn't ideal (maybe the 170 Special Attack will make it work). Other than that, Weather Ball could maybe be nice on sun teams to nail Steels (good luck running a sun team without Heat Rock) and then I guess all that's left is random status moves like Wish, Heal Bell, and Yawn that you'd use and then immediately retreat.

zxgzxg

scrabble
is a Forum Moderator
Defensive:

Togetic is a solid defogger
However, Togetic is weak to Stealth Rocks, and using HDB means you can't make use of its Eviolite bulk. I've mostly been using Togetic as a bulky Nasty Plot sweeper, and it works really well. Fire/Fairy is really good coverage, and it also gets access to Thunder Wave to support its mediocre speed (although Roost/Soft-Boiled is more worth it). I haven't tried it, but Super Luck Air Cutter might work if you really want Flying coverage, since Togetic has no need for Serene Grace cuz 1) it doesn't have Air Slash, 2) even if it did, it has only has base 80 speed, which is really slow in this meta, and 3) you're not gonna get Fire Blast burns, sorry.

Some pokemon I thought were cool

PU Silvallys 95/135/135/135/135/135
Pretty nice stats, they all have decent movepools too, might be able to do something.

Dubwool 72/120/140/100/130/128
I know someone already mentioned Dubwool but 140 Defense with Fluffy is not something to take lightly, 800 Defense means that Banded Hax with Outrage only 4HKOs it and Guts Conkeldurr does 65% with Close Combat.

Mawile 50/125/125/95/95/90
Decent Speed now, higher attack and better defenses, Sheer Force/Intimidate sets work better now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)