Battle Stadium This is my first time using the RMT forum, so I hope I can format this correctly!

https://pokepast.es/7951e551b72e8e0f

Haxorus: Haxorus is the focus of this team, with his purpose as a massive wallbreaker that can break through dondozo, Clodsire, and skeledirge thanks to mold breaker going through unaware. With moves outrage and earthquake, Haxorus has everything he needs to destroy those walls! Taunt and dragon dance alongside lum berry as the item ensues Haxorus can attain multiple boosts with dragon dance (I chose dragon dance over swords dance as dragon dance’s speed boost extents to being able to deal with other threats)

Magnezone: Magnezone pairs exceptionally well with Haxorus, as magnezone is able to remove corviknight, who Haxorus can’t touch at all. With a standard set of thunderbolt, volt switch, flash cannon, and Tera blast (fire), magnezone has everything it needs to remove blockades that Haxorus can’t break through. (Tera blast fire was chosen over water for the improved matchup against kingambit and gholdengo)

Scizor: Outrage is often taken advantage of by the opponent switching into a fairy type like sylveon, iron valiant, and flutter mane. Scizor is able to check those threats with its powerful swords dance life orb boosted bullet punch. (I prefer swords dance over choice band to break through bulky dragonite. And it should also be noted that scizor cannot check Tera fire sylveon, who my team is notably weak to) thief was chosen over uturn as my team already has many ways to deal with gholdengo.

Corviknight: Corviknight allows my team to not get blown over by great tusk. With a rocky helmet, and max defense and hp, corviknight can 2hko great tusk with brave bird, and live through it’s close combat. (I’ve already noted that I should not roost in front of great tusk, as I will lose my neutrality to close combat)

Gholdengo: Now that my team is extremely weak to Garganacl, why not add another steel type to the team? With covert cloak and Tera flying, gholdengo is able to check garganacl’s combination of attacking moves. (salt cure, fissure, and body press) With a nasty plot boosted make it rain, gholdengo can do massive damage to garganacl, regardless of its Tera type. Recover is there so I don’t get worn down by a super effective salt cure.

Iron Moth: This is probably the most replaceable mon on the team. My team is notably weak to Tera fire sylveon, and iron moth walls it very well. The combination of fiery dance + acid spray is able to wear sylveon down quite well. Energy ball and dazzling gleam were chosen to hit iron bundle, dragonite, and dragapult, (respectively) and booster energy’s speed boost allows me to outrun non booster energy iron bundle and ohko it.

Anyways, that was my team overview! I’m open to any criticism regarding the team, whether it be positive or negative!

Update! I’ve tested this team a few more times, and I’ve noticed that I’m very weak to iron moth and volcarona. So I’ve decided to replace scizor with focus sash iron bundle. This is the new team:

https://pokepast.es/c491c8671e693765

Iron Bundle: To deal with those pesky fire types, I’ve added iron bundle to the team. With a focus sash, I can survive a Tera grass giga drain from volcarona, and a Tera grass energy ball from iron moth, and KO the next turn with a Tera ice boosted ice beam. Flip turn is used to break focus sashes and gain momentum.

That's a lot of steels, and even steel tera on Haxorus...Iron Bundle certainly helps offensively vs fire, but defensively it's still a neutrality to fire, not a resist. I'd worry esp. over a sun team. Since they lose the water weakness for a time. Perhaps Walking Wake over Bundle would make sense, my understanding is it's legal starting April.

While (maybe) not noticing you have created a Steelspam that isn't too shabby. I agree that Iron Moth is replaceable, however not much else can reliably improve your fire matchup other than a toxapex, however toxapex has absolutely no offensive value.

Also what do you do vs. Chansey? The 2 physical don't like T-Wave still. Gholdengo may get free set up, but not so much w/ Blissey.

Also what do you do vs. Chansey? The 2 physical don't like T-Wave still. Gholdengo may get free set up, but not so much w/ Blissey.
I don’t worry about chansey. In all the games I’ve played whether on showdown or cart, I have never seen a chansey ONCE on the opposing side! And even if I did see a chansey, (or blissey) wouldn’t I just be able to taunt it with Haxorus and then set up?

That's a lot of steels, and even steel tera on Haxorus...Iron Bundle certainly helps offensively vs fire, but defensively it's still a neutrality to fire, not a resist. I'd worry esp. over a sun team. Since they lose the water weakness for a time. Perhaps Walking Wake over Bundle would make sense, my understanding is it's legal starting April.
Wait, Walking Wake might become legal in April? My understanding was that only the ruins would become legal. If what you’re saying is the case, then maybe I should’ve waited until the new meta game settled to post this RMT.

While (maybe) not noticing you have created a Steelspam that isn't too shabby. I agree that Iron Moth is replaceable, however not much else can reliably improve your fire matchup other than a toxapex, however toxapex has absolutely no offensive value.
https://pokepast.es/94a64fe309946d41

Would a set like this on pex do fine? Though now even with cloak dengo I am INCREDIBLY weak to garganacl… maybe I can replace corviknight with a mon that deals with both great tusk AND the fires. Do you know of any mons like that?

I'm sorry...

" Although Walking Wake and Iron Leaves are Paradox Pokemon, they are banned from the current Ranked Battle Series as they are not part of the Paldea Pokedex."

Kinda counter-intuitive that they are not part of the dex for the region they are clearly from. But I guess the dex was made first and they didn't want to add them...

I think what I’m gonna do is wait until the meta game settles with the new format, and then post my RMT. Who knows, Haxorus may not even be viable anymore come regulation c!

A bulky water like this might work:
Rotom-Wash @ Covert Cloak
Ability: Levitate
Level: 50
Tera Type: Electric
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunder Wave
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Nasty Plot

A bulky water like this might work:
Rotom-Wash @ Covert Cloak
Ability: Levitate
Level: 50
Tera Type: Electric
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunder Wave
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Nasty Plot
https://pokepast.es/c5e5953619d040b7

I have this team now. My problem is that I want to be able to use this team during reg c with the ruins, but I don’t know if Haxorus (the main focus of this team) will even be viable come April 1st. If he is still useable, I’d like the last team slot to go to a chienpao/chiyu check. Maybe breloom?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)