Approved Things I wish weren't allowed in usernames.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skitty

i dont care if i ever come down♪
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I really liked this idea in the article ideas thread. I'd start off with explaining how usernames are important, what they say about a user, etc, then go through the types of usernames I wish we'd ban and why.

Skitty

i dont care if i ever come down♪
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Weeaboo names: Names that try way too hard to sound Otaku or Japanese like Asaki Saguwatorisaka, Shinjohari Takanishawa, or other names like that should be banned. They don't really break any rules, but they make me cringe incredibly hard. The only time names like these would be acceptable would be if they're from some sort of anime or something (I wouldn't be surprised if the random example names I used are real anime names), but other than that they're trying way too hard.

I'd go through other types of names like how I did above. I'd cover usernames with dumb emoticons in them (like Mooga Mawile :3), edgy usernames, yellow usernames (the color yellow sucks), spammy usernames, and more. Those are just some examples I got off the top of my head, I could come up with more if you need.

antemortem

THE ORIGINAL DAVE
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Socialization Head
Okay. Take your time and make sure it's funny without being cringey and is of decent quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)