Lifestyle Things for me to put on my toasts

Alright, so a while ago i started eating 1/2 ham (turkey/pork, whatever happens to be on sale) and cheese sandwiches pressed and toasted almost every afternoon. Why? Because they taste good and clearly i dont know how to hold back on calories, if i see food that tastes nice i go oonga baloonga

Then in early january of this year i actually took 2 sandwiches for lunch because i didnt really have anything else """""""filling"""""" enough, and this time i experimented a little by adding a slice of tomato and some lettuce to the base ham and cheese. The results were that the tomato was very good, it added good "substance" and flavor to the sandwich, however because tomato is too juicy or something (you know what i mean right?) it got fucking everywhere in the toaster and cleaning it was a nightmare. As for the lettuce i don't really know what i expected (actually, i do: because burgers usually have lettuce my thought process was that i should add it to the sandwich without thinking how the lettuce isnt actually cooked like the dumbass i am), it got burnt on the sides not encased inside the bread and other ingredients, tasted really dry and just overall wasn't that good.

My sandwich snack antics went on undisrupted and at peace as they should, until another day where school was closed (i'm on grade 12. this is meaningless information but now that i typed it out i feel too lazy to take it out even though i kept on writing within these parentheses to justify it to myself) due to a national strike, and i was supposed to grab lunch by a burger trailer because i had nothing at home that day. Actually i did but in the end didn't really feel like eating chicken, but regardless i was too lazy (or verry genius-like) and instead decided to make a toasted sandwich with it because i'm just awesome like that. This time, both having learned from my lettucy mistakes and feeling adventurous, i went with no ham because i already had meat in the form of chicken "strings" (i also hope you know what that means because i sure as hell can't explain it any better), the usual cheese and the added tomato slice. Made two of these, and the tomato shat over the whole toaster again, unsurprisingly (there even got some inside the circuits in the back of it i think). But it was also really good, i really liked it, the chicken was an excellent pick: the flavor was great and really compliemented the other 2 ingredients. Not sure what else to say, just trust me when i said it was great

Fast forward to last week (mightve been the week before idr) and nothing in particular for dinner to be had, so sandwich it is. This time i decided to go with canned tuna, mayo, shredded cheese and tomato. Tuna and mayo sandwiches are a thing ive had plenty of times before, even though not toasted, so i figured the condiment would be a good pick alongisde the main ingredient. The tomato was there because uhhhhhhhhhhh i don't know actually. Same for the cheese
Was good, can't really compare it to the chicken because they were different in nature if you know what i mean, both good, equally even if i had to rate it right now

So i was thinking, what else should i use in my toasts? Maybe some spices/herbs (oregano comes to mind), some other kinds of main ingredients like codfish, even sliced and canned mushrooms? Corn????? It's usually hard for me to step out of my comfort zone, so i'd like to ask The Experts (you) for your opinion. So spit it, whaddya think i should put on it next time i make some? Preferrably serious answers only but meme answers are fine too if you make it funny (high bar to entry for smogon users)

Myzozoa

to find better ways to say what nobody says
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
canned mushrooms?
im pretty sure no one has ever eaten these, their continued existence consists in a sort of scam targetting ppl who are unaware that dried mushrooms exist or who are too busy to implement dried mushrooms.

as to the rest i dont rly have any ideas, but canned salmon comes highly recommended by my fav podcaster, so maybe give it a shot someday on some toasts, it could be good. just dont buy the cheapest can you can, you know maybe get a nicer one.

Well i haven't tried it on toast, but brie and honey drizzled on top (be generous) is an AMAZING combo, and considering the toast will be quite hot, the brie will melt, which should make it even better! I usually add seeds for fibre and nutrients and a bit of black pepper.
Seems like you want filling stuff but i love sliced gouda and tortilla chips, crunch + saltiness and creaminess from the gouda. Peanut butter is great too, has a lot of protein so actually might be good for what you want.
Jam is obviously great on toast but not much health benefits from it.
Nutella if you wanna indulge is goddamn amazing imo.
That's all I can think of rn, i might edit if i think of some more.

Big fan of:

scrambled eggs

Canned seafood in general… sardines, crab come to mind. Ate many sardines in college and they r delicious and healthy if u buy the right ones

Melts in general - broiled chicken/tuna salad with chopped celery/apples and chedder/swiss/or muenster is a banger

Big fan of:

scrambled eggs

Canned seafood in general… sardines, crab come to mind. Ate many sardines in college and they r delicious and healthy if u buy the right ones

Melts in general - broiled chicken/tuna salad with chopped celery/apples and chedder/swiss/or muenster is a banger
Oh yes scrambled eggs is a great one, lots of protein, so it's VERY filling

Big fan of:

scrambled eggs

Sardine paste is something i probably have a can of somewhere so it could definetely go on the list
As for the eggs, never really thought about that? Probably extremely filling so i have to be careful w it, definetely trying it sometime

Canned mushrooms generally lack flavor until you grill them so probably wouldn't work well in this situation.
Sad :(

Well i haven't tried it on toast, but brie and honey drizzled on top (be generous) is an AMAZING combo, and considering the toast will be quite hot, the brie will melt, which should make it even better! I usually add seeds for fibre and nutrients and a bit of black pepper.
Seems like you want filling stuff but i love sliced gouda and tortilla chips, crunch + saltiness and creaminess from the gouda. Peanut butter is great too, has a lot of protein so actually might be good for what you want.
Jam is obviously great on toast but not much health benefits from it.
Nutella if you wanna indulge is goddamn amazing imo.
That's all I can think of rn, i might edit if i think of some more.
Those sound like they might be heavenly but i also probably dont move enough to burn it all off, will consider but definitely not gonna do it very often due to how caloric they are

canned salmon comes highly recommended by my fav podcaster, so maybe give it a shot someday on some toasts, it could be good. just dont buy the cheapest can you can, you know maybe get a nicer one.
I dont think ive ever heard of canned salmon before, will look into it

I am eating some toast right now and honestly melting some cheese over a sun-dried tomato paste is VERY good. I do recommend!
Yeah it really seems like the go-to, will defo try

bdt2002

Pokémon Ranger: Guardian Signs superfan
is a Pre-Contributor
Actual recommendations: Jellies or jams, powdered sugar, peanut butter, unironically sour cream of all things sounds like it would be fantastic for some reason, smaller fruits such as strawberries, grapes, or blueberries

Sarcastic recommendations: Liquid cement, Lego bricks, tabasco hot sauce, crude oil, BeanBoozle jelly beans if you know what that brand is, dirty socks

...it's either sour cream or whipped cream, I can't remember which and they look way too similar. But it sounds good.

MurderousMantyke

What sʇᴉɯᴉ⅂?
Oh also avocado + savory proteins like bacon go hard. Thin layer of mayo + pepper on the bread then lay out slices of 'cado and mash it slightly so it doesn't slide off. Can experiment a lot with the proteins and additional components like red onion. Another is Soft Boiled egg (slice and spread sorta like avocado) + bit of mayo/maybe some dijon + salt pepper paprika and white onion + a bit of diced pickles is a more dynamic take on egg salad.

peanut butter and honey on toast sounds delicious but i feel like if i ate that i would spontaneously die of a heart attack

if you're feeling fancy I really like sun dried tomatoes + feta cheese on bread. if you have pitted olives you can throw on a few of those as well. drizzle a tiny tiny bit of olive oil, sprinkle salt/pepper flakes/oregano, and you have a healthy and filling mediterranean-style breakfast/lunch

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)