Theme Teams and Check out my All Normal Team

Hey everyone one. I've been having a lot of success with this All Normal Team. It's been quite good.

Does anyone have other themed teams that are good??? I've tried many themed teams and this one is definitely the best that I could come up with and it's been doing really well.

Dodrio - Very underrated leads. Hits gengar hard with drill peck. Very high chance to OHKO Jynx, if not leave it in the red for an easy revenge kill. Switch to chancey if facing zam.
- Body Slam
- Drill Peck
- Hyperbeam
- Agility

Chansey - Standard chancey special wall.
- Icebeam
- Thunderbolt
- Twave / sing
- Softboil

Clefable - People really don't know what to expect when they see clef. He can be used as your utility mon and play the role of eggy in a standard team. Also he can be your mixed sweeper.
- Twave
- Sing / Blizzard
- Hyperbeam / body slam
- Tbolt / counter

Snorlax - Both Reflect-lax and Fish-lax can work in this team, but you will want quake on lax or else you'll only have tauros to deal with gengar (assuming Dodrio is asleep)
- Body Slam
- Earthquake
- Reflect / Hyperbeam
- Rest / Boom

Tauros - Standard set however you will want to use tauros more aggressively in this team compared to typical teams. The reason is you have Persian and often Dodrio in the back to sweep in the late game. You don't need to hold on to tauros play him early and try to go to him as often as you can in the mid game.
- Body Slam
- Earthquake
- Blizzard
- Hyperbeam

Persian - He's your late game sweeper. You'll want to make sure to get rid of the bad lategame matchups before bringing him out. Getting rid of enemy Lax and Gengar should be a priority since persian cant really touch those. Chansey can also be a problem if it's health is left too high.
- Slash
- Hyperbeam
- Bubblebeam
- Screech

Alternatives to consider:

Lickitung - LOL he has stab wrap! This is the ultimate troll pokemon. He's actually interesting in this team. It's just sad how bad his speed is. Use him less as a sweeper but more as a mid-game utility by using wrap as a spying and annoyance move. Also look for opportunities to eat a hyperbeam to set up counter. You can replace persian with him and put tauros in the back.
- Wrap
- Sword Dance / Mega Kick
- Counter
- Hyperbeam

Kangaskhan - He really doesn't add much to the team. He's a poor man's tauros. Sub him in if you need an extra punch that persian doesn't provide.
- Body Slam / Mega Kick
- Hyperbeam
- Earthquake
- Counter

Wigglytuff - I really want to try to make this pokemon work but failed. He just has such low stats to do anything.... if anyone has any ideas for using wigglytuff I would love to hear it.
- Body Slam / Mega Kick
- Twave / Sing
- Hyperbeam
- Blizzard / Counter

Last edited:
Clefable really doesn't have the stats. Unpredictable, yes, but it can't really do anything well. In general I'd prefer Kangaskhan, but you don't have many options for T-wave and sleep, so perhaps Clefable is better in this specific case?

I'd also consider Ice Beam Lax. You can stall pretty well with Reflect/Rest to allow you to attempt a freeze.

As for mono teams, I think psychic is the only other semi–viable one in RBY (Jynx, Zam, Eggy, Slowbro, Starmie, Hypno). Had decent success with this team before actually.

Clefable really doesn't have the stats. Unpredictable, yes, but it can't really do anything well. In general I'd prefer Kangaskhan, but you don't have many options for T-wave and sleep, so perhaps Clefable is better in this specific case?

I'd also consider Ice Beam Lax. You can stall pretty well with Reflect/Rest to allow you to attempt a freeze.

As for mono teams, I think psychic is the only other semi–viable one in RBY (Jynx, Zam, Eggy, Slowbro, Starmie, Hypno). Had decent success with this team before actually.
Ohh that sounds like a really good team. It lacks physical pressure though but I wanna try it!

Yea really missing sleep and twave options without clef that is why i kept him in there.

Don't let STAB Wrap fool you, Lickitung only does a teensy bit more damage than Victreebel with it. Same for Swords Dance + Hyper Beam. Not worth using. Clefable is the most replaceable Normal on your team, so Wigglytuff the inferior Clefable also has no place on the team. I think your team is about as optimal as a mono-Normal team gets. Only things that come to mind is replacing maybe Clefable with Kangaskhan for more raw aggression, or Porygon for its Snorlax (and paralyzed Tauros) walling capabilities and T-Wave support, but Clefable is fine there too. Persian should have TBolt/Thunder slashed with Screech, its nice to have when Cloyster pops up.

Growl is also a usable tech on Persian, it can use it to 1v1 opposing Tauros. With Growl, you can do: Slash (Tauros uses Body Slam) > Growl (Tauros uses Hyper Beam) > Slash (Tauros recharges) > Slash (Tauros is KO'd before moving) instead of Slash (Tauros uses Body Slam) > Slash or Hyper Beam (Tauros uses Hyper Beam, Persian faints). Odds are much better that Tauros doesn't get the crit Hyper Beam on Turn 2 than Persian getting the crit Hyper Beam. Definitely niche, but then again so is Persian's other options for the 4th move.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)