The World Cup of Pokémon 2024 - Introduction

this is Pokémon not the army
There's too many reasons why someone feels no "patriotism", "loyalty" to their country, conscription is just 1 of many examples (btw after the 2 yrs of service for males here they serve annually for 2-3weeks for 10 yrs and lots of them are pissed off as fuck about it), if I talked abt this on pokemon forum I prob get my post deleted. "Patriotism", "loyalty" over pokemon? Looking like an xdd angle

I'm js idk why he's being hated on for the part abt wanting to play for the better team(eu) over Austria. Bro just wna win. I'd pick the stronger side too if my goal was just to win.

RoiDadadou

Nothing less... from a king.
is a Tiering Contributor
There's too many reasons why someone feels no "patriotism", "loyalty" to their country, conscription is just 1 of many examples (btw after the 2 yrs of service for males here they serve annually for 2-3weeks for 10 yrs and lots of them are pissed off as fuck about it), if I talked abt this on pokemon forum I prob get my post deleted. "Patriotism", "loyalty" over pokemon? Looking like an xdd angle

I'm js idk why he's being hated on for the part abt wanting to play for the better team(eu) over Austria. Bro just wna win. I'd pick the stronger side too if my goal was just to win.
Then they just don't play in WORLD Cup ??
If you want to get the best team possible, there's multiple team tournaments on Smogon, tailor made to be the most skilled and gratifying of them all. SCL, SPL. For ''lower'' levels of plays, even format PL like OU/UU/RUPLs, etc. World Cup is made to play with your country. You don't like your country, no one is forcing you to play the tournament. As simple as that.

This is not just about patriotism or loyalty, this is just the goal of the tournament. If any contestant have military background that traumatized them/made them disgusted by their country, then they just don't have to join the tournament, and that's perfectly fine.

By the way, I'm answering this, but you're just totally out of point on two aspects:
- The story narrative you're giving is completely off, as Charm never expressed to hate/dislike his country, he simply wanted a fast way to main stage.
- No one said they hated him for wanting to join Europe, which he should not have been autorized to do. They hate him because he pretended to keep being Austria's manager, and then proceeded to not sign up the team without saying anything to his teammates, for the sake of his own personal benefit. That's not just 'wanting to win', that's disgusting.

If you want to get the best team possible, there's multiple team tournaments on Smogon, tailor made to be the most skilled and gratifying of them all. SCL, SPL. For ''lower'' levels of plays, even format PL like OU/UU/RUPLs, etc. World Cup is made to play with your country. You don't like your country, no one is forcing you to play the tournament. As simple as that.

This is not just about patriotism or loyalty, this is just the goal of the tournament. If any contestant have military background that traumatized them/made them disgusted by their country, then they just don't have to join the tournament, and that's perfectly fine.

By the way, I'm answering this, but you're just totally out of point on two aspects:
- The story narrative you're giving is completely off, as Charm never expressed to hate/dislike his country, he simply wanted a fast way to main stage.
- No one said they hated him for wanting to join Europe, which he should not have been autorized to do. They hate him because he pretended to keep being Austria's manager, and then proceeded to not sign up the team without saying anything to his teammates, for the sake of his own personal benefit. That's not just 'wanting to win', that's disgusting.
When is part 2 of this fantasy novel coming out u have great imagination

Id be down to play with any team that has a motivated roster, for the 102th time nobody on team austria has any experience playing sv, they had shown 0 interest in preparing or playing before the tour and a good portion of the submitted roster doesnt plan on participating whatsoever. Not forming a "team" given that situation was the right call.

Its incredible u can hide all of that behind "its world cup and austria is a country". Its not football my guy. There arent enough people interested in participating to pick from, u dont even understand how obliterated these turborandoms are about to get its not even gonna be a good introduction to smogon.

Last edited:

RoiDadadou

is a Tiering Contributor
When is part 2 of this fantasy novel coming out u have great imagination
Same year as your manners, keep me informed!

Id be down to play with any team that has a motivated roster, for the 102th time nobody on team austria has any experience playing sv, they had shown 0 interest in preparing or playing before the tour and a good portion of the submitted roster doesnt plan on participating whatsoever. Not forming a "team" given that situation was the right call.

Its incredible u can hide all of that behind "its world cup and austria is a country". Its not football my guy. There arent enough people interested in participating to pick from, u dont even understand how obliterated these turborandoms are about to get its not even gonna be a good introduction to smogon.
The call is to the country as a whole to make, not just you. No matter how 'obliterated' you think the 'turborandoms' that are your fellow countrymen will be, I still don't see how that's relevant to the fact that you're not even giving them a shot. Again, many teams like Bangladesh or Belgium had one big player at best, sometimes none, and still deciced to give it a shot year after year, or to form up, rising up in main stage at some point.

If you can't even see that, then yeah I can't possibly comprehend you. And I just can't wait for them to prove you wrong.

Last edited:
Same year as your manners, keep me informed!

The call is to the country as a whole to make, not just you. No matter how 'obliterated' you think the 'turborandoms' that are your fellow countrymen will be, I still don't see how that's relevant to the fact that you're not even giving them a shot. Again, many teams like Bangladesh or Belgium had one big player at best, sometimes none, and still deciced to give it a shot year after year, or to form up, rising up in main stage at some point.

If you can't even see that, then yeah I can't possibly comprehend you. And I just can't wait for them to prove you wrong.
There are plenty of Pokemon playing opportunities on this website new players can use. Back in my day you had to showcase some level of skill before joining the 3 official team tours but ig now all you need to do is register a smogon account, be from a low population country and u can jail the 1-3 people whove been grinding for a century without their consent. You dont even need to promise them a fun time or try to put in any amount of effort whatsoever anymore. Fuck it, you dont even need to find a full team anymore just put in duds as subs and have your 9th/10th players half-heartedly play their first OU game ever. What a genius system! This is bound to be a success long term

I think theres plenty of people flaming him for wanting to play w Europe instead Austria, saying he's a rat and ditching his country. Again... bro just wanted to win so he broke the rules,got caught and punished, fair. I just brought up forced conscription as a 1 example of why this whole be loyal to ur country shtick on pokemon showdown should be taken as face value and u ppl flaming him for that is a meme.

I already expressed I thought him griefing his teammates for his own personal benefit is a bit scummy, that's the personal benefit part u were on about? :) Ur just keyboard warrioring but ur making 0 sense ngl.

Inb4 I get called out for my manners kek

RoiDadadou

is a Tiering Contributor
I think theres plenty of people flaming him for wanting to play w Europe instead Austria, saying he's a rat and ditching his country. Again... bro just wanted to win so he broke the rules,got caught and punished, fair. I just brought up forced conscription as a 1 example of why this whole be loyal to ur country shtick on pokemon showdown should be taken as face value and u ppl flaming him for that is a meme.

I already expressed I thought him griefing his teammates for his own personal benefit is a bit scummy, that's the personal benefit part u were on about? :) Ur just keyboard warrioring but ur making 0 sense ngl.

Inb4 I get called out for my manners kek
1714124826920.png

There are plenty of Pokemon playing opportunities on this website new players can use. Back in my day you had to showcase some level of skill before joining the 3 official team tours but ig now all you need to do is register a smogon account, be from a low population country and u can jail the 1-3 people whove been grinding for a century without their consent. You dont even need to promise them a fun time or try to put in any amount of effort whatsoever anymore. Fuck it, you dont even need to find a full team anymore just put in duds as subs and have your 9th/10th players half-heartedly play their first OU game ever. What a genius system! This is bound to be a success long term
Ur starting to make me regret saying smth in ur defense, another clown who thinks just cos the barrier of entry was high in my time means the current barrier of entry should be just as high instead of it being easier to welcome newbies oml plz no

3 things:

1. Anyone who's primary reason for playing wcop is for the trophy has their priorities out of wack. You play to help your friends and country win. Save that shit for SPL and SCL.

2. Everyone should exhibit patriotism and loyalty toward their country. If you don't, you better have a really good reason to not. Charm's does not fall under that umbrella.

3. Good luck every US team, especially west. Go bring this trophy home!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)