The World Cup of Pokémon 2020 - Quarterfinals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sucks to lose this way after a dream start, Germany definitely stepped it up after. Shoutouts to my awesome captain Ace-11 for putting faith in me to be a starter and building a lot of our teams. S/o to my awesome teammates for making me have a blast playing this meta all the way from qualifiers up to today. Also huge shoutouts to devinn Will of Fire and LittleBigPlanet2 for the teams, the tests, the ideas and the overall immaculate support. You guys are a big reason of why we made it this far, despite all odds. Extremely glad all of you were part of this wild ride.

Wishing all remaining teams good luck, winner is going to be interesting nevertheless.

Edit: How could I forget the noble GGFan initially, his pre- and post- game talks were a huge morale boost for the team. Really the type of supporter every team aspires to have.

Last edited:

Ace-11

Banned deucer.
So this is the end of the road for this year huh. GGs to Germany, a very potent team. We got outprepped and beat down on the builder hard, I will admit it, whoever is the main building brain for the Germans is a mad genius and I hope they win. What I will not admit however is the fact that this tier is good. The OU Council has done it again! Every game you get a stroke at team preview as you hope the matchup will be at the very least playable and if your opponent rolls the correct matchup roll (BRING BACK OLDGENS I BEG). Oops, sorry my hatred for the OU Council made me go off topic again, that I almost forgot to shoutout Will of Fire , devinn , LittleBigPlanet2 and Master GGfan for one last time. You are all amazing.

To those of you who have a problem with team Greece ascending as the most beloved convergence of noble warriors competitive Pokemon has ever seen, our uncanny ability to constantly overcome mountains of adversity by slicing them down with Master GGfan's wisdom, the fact that we made playoffs with 0 SPL players in a tier none of us mains, or our presence in the playoffs in conjuction with the absence of every OU Council member and the relegation of half the OU Council (US South),
we have but one thing to say to you!!!
SWIM IN GAAAAARRRRRBBBBBBAAAAGGGGEEEEE!
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
GGGGGGGGGGAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRBBBBBBBBBBAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Last edited:
C'est bon de voir trois grandes nations en demi-finales. J'espère que l'une d'entre elle remportera le titre. Mais aussi que de plus en plus de vrais pays, et non des régions étranges, participent. Pour les États-Unis, ce qui pourrait être bien c'est que ce soit des États qui soient candidats (comme la Californie, le Colorado ou bien la Floride ; qui à la limite ont une zone élargie de recrutement aux États voisins).

En tout cas, nous avons droit à de beaux matchs, c'est cool ! :)

~~~~~~~~

It's good to see three greaters nations in semi-finals. I hope that one of them will win. I hope too that more and more true countrys, not stranges regions, are competing in the world cup. For United States, it would be nice if the states were challengers (like California, Colorado or Florida ; with a recruitement area extented to neighbors).

Anyway, we had good matchs, it was cool ! :)

~~~~~~~~

E' bello vedere tre grandi nazioni in semifinale. Spero che una di loro vinca. Spero anche che sempre più nazioni vere, non regioni sconosciute, si contenderanno la coppa del mondo. Per gli Stati Uniti, sarebbe bello se gli Stati fossero sfidanti (come la California, il Colorado o la Florida; con un'area di reclutamento estesa ai vicini).

Comunque, abbiamo avuto buone partite, è stato bello! :)

~~~~~~~~

Es ist gut, drei große Nationen im Halbfinale zu sehen. Ich hoffe, dass eine von ihnen gewinnen wird. Ich hoffe auch, dass immer mehr echte Länder, und nicht fremde Regionen, an der Weltmeisterschaft teilnehmen. Für die Vereinigten Staaten wäre es schön, wenn die Staaten Herausforderer wären (wie Kalifornien, Colorado oder Florida ; mit einem Rekrutierungsgebiet, das sich auf die Nachbarn ausdehnt).

Jedenfalls hatten wir gute Streichhölzer, es war cool! :)

~~~~~~~~~

Es bueno ver a tres grandes naciones en las semifinales. Espero que uno de ellos gane. También espero que más y más países verdaderos, no regiones extrañas, compitan en la copa del mundo. Para los Estados Unidos, sería bueno que los estados fueran retadores (como California, Colorado o Florida; con un área de reclutamiento extendida a los vecinos).

De todos modos, tuvimos buenos partidos, ¡fue genial! :)

~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry Greece, i have not good translator for you ;_;

Feliburn

is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
RU Leader
s/o Leo and CyberOdin✝ for giving me a shot in this tour, didn't rlly play expecting much but I enjoyed the experience a lot. It was fun to finally get to know and team with the LA group, ur all p cool people and I'm lookin forward to next year if I'm given another chance. s/o kanto for helping with team support, much appreciated man.

gl in the rest of the tour italy, rooting for Averardo and his goons to take it home

Mannat in over Groudon

TonyFlygon frisoeva The fans

ggs europe. good luck to you in semis. i am personally rooting for GERMANY to take it from here.

very special shoutouts to tace and john: you two are the future of this team. two true leaders of the team... excellent building, masterful play, and a wonderful passion for the game. your efforts cannot be understated. thank you thank you thank you !!!

MIDWEST - this is just the beginning for us. we will become the next dynasty team, and we will win this tournament next year. thank you all for having me along for the ride. i believe i have learned a lot from this tournament, and it has really put into perspective why i play this game and what i want out of it. i love yall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)