The World Cup of Pokémon 2018 - Quarterfinals

Status
Not open for further replies.

GGFan

Banned deucer.

I guess you can be proud of your team for not having to fight for your spot in this tournament again next year? I don't know why you think losing to a strong team in close games is anywhere near as bad as being one of the bottom 2 teams in the tournament, but sure I guess.

Also everything I said in those quotes is 100% right still. All our players are more accomplished than you and Nintendi easily beat you in your main tier, which he hadn't touched for the past 2 years. I don't know why you think there's any correlation between your team being a joke and our series vs West since I never said anything about West, which, unlike Asia, is a very respectable team.

To not make this post merely a response to such a pathetic bait, I'd like to congratulate our players for their performance. I don't need to make individual shoutouts but I'll say you guys really impressed me again with your amazing consistency and I loved meeting the new players in our roster, you guys showed a lot of talent and I hope to see more from all of you in the future. This was our best run since 2014 and despite losing rather early I still consider this to be a massive improvement compared to previous years.

GGs West, you guys are a very solid team with nice individuals and I hope to keep seeing great performances from you.
To act as if my team's performance is somehow a reflection of myself, or to intimate that Asia's performance does not lessen how badly you set yourself to look foolish with your unnecessary, childish tantrum towards its members or their integrity, is outright laughable. I publicized this issue because it never ceases to amaze me how many people are stupid enough not to heed the golden adage our of sport: "He who taunts recklessly will have his tongue ripped out." When blessed by Lady Fortuna's munificence, you squandered the opportunity by acting no better than a vile troll or ugly goblin who deserved to be embarrassed. However, what truly made me succumb to the temptation to confront you and act like "one of you" was the very words you said, all which made it seem as if you were talking about yourself. I made this known because others should know that the way you behaved was infinitely stupid; therefore, it should serve as an effective warning to others not to make the same mistake. I don't wish for better, more noble people to be humiliated like you were.

Now, you're more than free to make excuses for your disastrous loss, as is your wont. Nonetheless, in reality, you were making fun of nothing more than a mirror which shattered into a million pieces along with your ego upon your defeat, which is the only thing "pathetic" that I see here. I was not intending to "bait" you because I am no fisherman. No, I am a poet, scholar, and--in this realm--a knight like the rest of you. As you may know (I now doubt how much of a knight you truly are. You appear to be more of a flippant jester) knights do not rectify their qualms with worms and rods, but rather with swords, shields, and jousts. I don't bait. I discuss, I confront, and I fight when needed. Sometimes I am not always successful when I do battle; however, when I am, I do not exhibit a deplorable level of juvenile insouciance towards my fellow men in arms like you do. There is no reason for you to claim the Asian people are nothing more than a joke, yet at the same time remind us that "you only lost in close games." In the end, we dwell in the same losers' quarters--you are no better than us. However, if I had to choose between fighting alongside a band of honorable knights who would not unjustly cast aspersions towards the character of others, or a gang or uncouth ruffians who foolishly earn the enmity of Lady Fortuna and Lord Karma for their arrogance, then I will gladly fight on the losing side every time. I am still grateful for the opportunity the Asian people gave me, and you--an irrelevant jester who has accomplished practically nothing--have no idea how passionate they were. A great deal of care and effort was put into the team, a team that was hungry this year and whose voracious appetite has not even been close to satiated. I have the utmost confidence that this experience has strengthened them tremendously.

You also think it's clever to tell me that I'm in no position to say anything because I happened to lose two contests out of the 100,000 I've had in the arts of red, blue, and yellow. If only you didn't lose not one, not two, but eight, I might have done something other than chuckle by such an overall infantile response. I suppose you were right about one thing, though:

"bro we kinda sucked for the last 3 years."

Uck. Ugh. Indeed.

Last edited:
hey i wasn't able to follow any matches this world cup and going through every replay is too time-consuming for me so i'd like to ask: what matches were the best so far? with best i mean most entertaining as well as strategic masterpieces.

any generation is fine i understand and like all of them :)
just telling me the protagonists or the links of any matches would already be a huge help, thanks!

Heika

I may very well be the worst player on this site
is a Pre-Contributor
We are France ! We can struggle, we can kneel, we may fall, but in the end with stay united and we keep going forward as long we have the opportunity !
The remontada is now ! Let’s do this !
#TeamFrance2018

F0D02E46-2FD8-4ECB-BAB8-16D174D10013.jpeg

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Beat Honor in a game of Pokemon where Pokemon things happen, sorry and gg (and thanks for being classy).

Let's see if your teammates can show the same class that you did, and that my OCN teammates did when Pokemon things happened to us too :toast:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)