The UU versions of OU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey so this is a little fun thread, I'd thought I'd start up...

This thread is about some UU pokemon's counterparts to OU in terms of the purpose....lol i'm not very good at explaining this, but I'll give some examples:

Blaziken =UU version of Infernape
In terms of Mixed wall breaking and physical sweeping

Toxicroak= UU version of Lucario
In terms of sweeping and being very versitile

Donphan= UU version of hippodown
Bulky wall that hits hard and sets up SR

RP Torterra= UU version of Agilgross
Once both of them get setting up get ready for paine

Now this isn't to say that all of OU is just an overshadow of UU. Many pokes from OU to UU are very different but I have very similar styles and trends. But I wanna see what everyone else's thoughts are on how some UU pokes counterpart OU.

reachzero

the pastor of disaster
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Is there really a purpose to this, or this is just a silly little thought exercise? If this doesn't have a real, explainable purpose, I'll lock it.

Just a few I can think of atm:

Milotic=Vaporeon

It may not have wish, but it's a pure, bulky water that tanks hits like a mofo. The stats are nice, but Vaporeon has much higher hp and SpD.

Scyther=Scizor

While is may not be as prevalent, it is a nice scout. It has better speed, fairly decent resistances for UU, but worse bulk and defensive typing- possibly even offensive typing. It's CB set is also pretty hard-hitting.

I had some more, but I can't think right now. Sorry about the lacking descriptions. =/

Altaria = Dragonite - Bulky Flying dragons, run both offensive set and defensive cleric sets.
Alakazam = Azelf - Power Psychic types. Huge SpAtk, fast and frail.
Hariyama = Machamp - Bulky Fighting types. Both make good anti-leads, both have Guts etc.

I believe this thread does have a point. If players come from OU into UU and want to select pokemon, then a list of comparisons would be useful. It would also make it easier to compare the two tiers

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm surprised no-one's mentioned Chansey = Blissey yet, or Rotom = Rotom-A, or Magneton = Magnezone any of those really obvious ones.

Oh, and Mismagius = Gengar, Electrode = Jolteon, Quagsire = Swampert, Venusaur ~ Celebi, Pinsir = Heracross, Registeel = Skarmory

Wouldn't Steelix and Skamory be a better comparaison? Both can force out (roar/whirlwind), set up hazards, have a very good immunity to work off of (ground and electric respectively), mediocre Sp.Def stats, and have decent STAB moves to use with their attack stats. Registeel can't force out, and his best STAB move is Iron Head. Though, Skamory can't explode, which Registeel and Steelix have over him.

EDIT: I think Milotic can also be compared to Starmie as well. They can both absorb status and have Recover (and are good users of Life Orb from what I've heard). Vaporeon gets Wish, which isn't quite the same as Recover is, though, Vaporeon gets Batton Pass (as well as things to Pass) and Wish is in itself a big bonus for being able to support the team.

I would more compare Scyther to Flygon as fast U-turn scouters.

Dugtrio=Magnezone: A good trapper when 8used well, but dead weight when played incorrectly.

Claydoll=Fortress: A reliable spinner and good at setting up hazards but extremly predictable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)