The UU Open XI - Round 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elfuseon

is a Top Tiering Contributor
RUPL Champion
calling act, opp missed time and i waited an hour for him
Hi Mr.
Ok so i've never been called acted on and its not gonna start today.....
Plz check our schedule a second time. You are the one that missed schedule and was late 1h15. By that time, i got another bo3 to do so seeing that you were not there i started it. You asked one of your friend (cant tell who it is, it was an alt) to pm me on showdown while i was playing. You didnt even take the time to reach for me on showdown. Ofc i didnt have the time to reply to you on smogon since i was playing and focused. We can clearly see on my wall that our time was saturday 9pm gmt-3, i pm'ed you there and you replied at 10:15pm gmt-3. Also, once you replied : well i'm leaving (45mins later). We see that AT THE EXACT SAME TIME i replied to you cuz i finished my bo3 (which was oras zu vs czim, he can confirm if needed). You didnt even took time to reply to me on the spot to say: lets reschedule or yes i can play now. Fishing for an act call like this when you are in fault and also you dont make effort to reach out yourself is just annoying.
Btw, if you can play tonight i'll see to fit you between other matches i have, if not then i'm the one who call act on you for the reasons that i mentionned as its stated in smogon rules. I'm not even obliged to give you a second chance but its slam so i'll do it.

1650828711233.png

1650829091052.png

Edit: ok so i apologies if i looked maybe on the edge with my typing. i was just mad that i answered them on showdown and that they didnt wait for me and also didnt reply to me when they left. i just want to get games done, fine with extensions too

Attachments

Last edited:

Heart Doom

Banned deucer.
Hi Mr.
Ok so i've never been called acted on and its not gonna start today.....
Plz check our schedule a second time. You are the one that missed schedule and was late 1h15. By that time, i got another bo3 to do so seeing that you were not there i started it. You asked one of your friend (cant tell who it is, it was an alt) to pm me on showdown while i was playing. You didnt even take the time to reach for me on showdown. Ofc i didnt have the time to reply to you on smogon since i was playing and focused. We can clearly see on my wall that our time was saturday 9pm gmt-3, i pm'ed you there and you replied at 10:15pm gmt-3. Also, once you replied : well i'm leaving (45mins later). We see that AT THE EXACT SAME TIME i replied to you cuz i finished my bo3 (which was oras zu vs czim, he can confirm if needed). You didnt even took time to reply to me on the spot to say: lets reschedule or yes i can play now. Fishing for an act call like this when you are in fault and also you dont make effort to reach out yourself is just annoying.
Btw, if you can play tonight i'll see to fit you between other matches i have, if not then i'm the one who call act on you for the reasons that i mentionned as its stated in smogon rules. I'm not even obliged to give you a second chance but its slam so i'll do it.

View attachment 420904
View attachment 420911

Edit: ok so i apologies if i looked maybe on the edge with my typing. i was just mad that i answered them on showdown and that they didnt wait for me and also didnt reply to me when they left. i just want to get games done, fine with extensions too
bro u should learn how to convert timezones

Elfuseon

is a Top Tiering Contributor
RUPL Champion
Lily
Sorry for the ping but i would like to point out the situation that happened here and also get a clear answer, which i unfortunately didnt receive by pms. I'm pretty sure you have plenty of stuff to deal with that are more important than this call act situation but i needed to fix it since i'm pretty sure it already happened to others and will happen in the future. I tried to find answer to my questions in the Tournaments Policy section on smogon but nothing really specific.

So just to make a brief resume of what happened is :
-Me and Heart Doom were suppose to play on saturday night 9pm gmt-3 (i'll talk in gmt-3 to make it easier for the rest), we both agreed
-8:09pm, i tell FIRST to my opp that i'm ready to play and by the time the schedule time arrive, i'm on showdown playing games and ended playing another bo3 cuz my opp wasnt there (and thats fine it was before schedule time ofc)
-9:11pm, my opp reply ON SMOGON that they are ready on main, i didnt notice cuz i was focusing on my game, which is kind of normal but not a problem.
-Around 9:30pm, i receive a pm on showdown from someone that claim to be a friend of my opp and they are asking when i'll be ready to play my opp for uu open?. I was playing so i answered quickly that i finish my bo3 and that i'll play them for sure after. No reply from that person after.
-10:00pm, my opp and i are writing AT THE SAME TIME on smogon, they say that they are leaving and i was going to write: you can chall, but changed my sentence cuz i saw their answer a second before sending my reply.
-No more replies from opp in the night or the next day except the call act that we can see higher in the thread.
(You can find the screenshots higher in the thread)

So basically here, i've been discussing with well known players about that situation and we came with some problematics around that call act.
First, both players did their job which is to schedule a time and reply when comes the time of the match, so thats fine.
Second, both players need to be on showdown or smogtours to play their game obviously, which is 100% true for me cuz i was playing with someone else and can provide replays if necessary. On the side of my opp, we cant tell 100% sure that they were. I'm convince they were dont get me wrong, but let's be honest, if you are already on showdown and waiting for your opp to show up, why would you ask a friend to pm me ON SHOWDOWN when you'll be ready, just do it yourself, does that make more sense? At least to me it does.
Third, higher in the thread i was referring to the timezone convertion that i made wrong, i apologize again, but it doesnt change anything to it since i was there before the schedule time and i was still there when it was time to play. Nothing's wrong with staying on showdown for longer than just your game ofc.

So here we are with the decision that i missed schedule due to not challenging my opp to play. Again, we have many problematics about that.
First, i was the one that replied first on smogon, so just come and chall then if you are ready too. Simple as this, but it never happened.
Second, lets say my opp was really close in time and had something to do quickly after that. Well when they heard that i was finishing another bo3 (again i want to specify that it wasnt him that reached out to me, which doesnt make sense) from your friend, they had 2 options, either chall me saying that you gotta go after (which they could've done way sooner) or just chat with me and we would find another time to play, but the first option is more likely to happen ofc.
Third, poeple could say that i wasnt available at the time of the schedule so i was the one in fault. I will reply this: who said you cant play two games at once? Who said you can't pause your first bo3 and come back when the second one is over? This is not a valid argument.

That brings an interesting question in general. What are the responsabilities when comes the time of the game that was schedule for both players? Cuz both could reply : chall me on main. and wait for the other one to chall but it never comes and both try to call act over the other. Is it the first one to reply that win? Is it a coinflip? Difficult question cuz both stated that they were ready but tried to remove responsabilities and even if they knew their opp was ready, they didnt took 10 seconds to check on showdown if they were there and chall. Thats pretty much what happened here but with different words and i include myself in it.

I'm not gonna point the fact that opp disappeared after that and didnt try to reschedule for sunday cuz regarding the rules on smogon, one schedule is enough and no obligations to reschedule, so thats fair but really looks like act fishing. The consensus that we came down is that both players stated that they were ready and on showdown (we'll say that my opp was there also) but no one challed so both players didnt respect their second part of the job which is sending chall to play the game. I was the first one to reply that i was ready so obviously i was waiting for a chall at some point on showdown, but it never came.

I'm sorry to make this situation bigger than it should be, but we are in a major tournament and i may have a chance to qualify so i find it really hard to stay on my seat when i get infracted for something that isn't solely my fault. I would'nt make any drama if it was a discord tour or even a ssnl, but its slam so you understand what i mean. Personnally that was a case of either coinflip (which is clearly not what we want) since both players missed schedule (regarding the definition that i explained higher) or obviously an extension, which is the most realistic option. I needed to point out before the week goes too far and also its easier to discuss in public than private message.

I hope that we can arrive to a clear explanation and also a revision of this decision. I've been respectful and didnt give intentions to my opp to give the discussion a chance to be productive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)