The Ubers Open VIII - Round 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

SparksBlade

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Community Leader

Beautiful art by Zracknel
Welcome to the eighth iteration of the Ubers Open, Smogon's largest Ubers tournament! Whether you're an experienced player willing to prove themselves or someone just trying to have some fun playing the tier that is home of the most powerful Pokémon, may RNG bless you all in your journey to become the sixth ever Ubers Open winner!

Tournament Rules:
  • General tournament rules and regulations can be found here.
  • Grand Slam rules can be found here.
  • Standard SS Ubers.
  • Best-of-three, single elimination.
  • Battles should take place on the Smogtours server.
  • SS cartridge win conditions are in place; there are no ties.
  • Tiers are locked at the beginning of each round.
Identity

About playing on alts: It is entirely allowed to play on an alt other than your own main forum name, though if your opponent wishes to confirm your identity, you must log on to your main alt to show them you are who you claim to be. This is to prevent people from pretending to be who they're not.

About playing on different servers: Tournament matches must be played on the Smogtours server. The Main PS! server is also acceptable if both parties agree to that. Other servers are not sanctioned by the TD team and playing in them might result in your game not counting. Protect yourself from that by playing in Smogtours, where we also have the power to recreate games that end due to DC's.

Scouting

On scouting opponents: Going through your opponents replays of tournament and ladder games is entirely allowed, as long as a game is public there is nothing preventing you from watching it. An exception to this is abusing powers granted to you by being staff on Smogon or PS! to gain access to information a normal user wouldn't have access to, which is strictly forbidden.

On leaking teams: Divulging private information about someone's planned team to their opponent is never allowed, and will be heavily sanctioned. Requesting that such information be divulged is also grounds for punishment. Keep your scouting to publicly available information and you'll be fine.

Timer Clause / Disconnections

On the Timer: The timer must stay on throughout the whole battle, only being turned off in the case of a player disconnecting, and in that case will only be turned off for 5 minutes (keep in mind that this is an interim solution while we wait on PS! developers). The timer may not be turned off in any other circumstance.

On Timeout losses: A player that loses by having all his time run out loses the game. This is only not the case if the player that received the timeout loss can be verified to have suffered a True Disconnection. Rematches in such cases are not allowed.

On True Disconnection: The TD team has a secret threshold of seconds that your timer must be at or above, from the moment you disconnect, for a timeout loss to be considered a True disconnection. If your game is determined to be a true disconnection if you played on Smogtours and contacted a TD before the room expired your game will be recreated up to the point the disconnect happened. It is the responsibility of the player that disconnected to get a TD into the room before it expires.
Battle Clauses:
  • Evasion Clause
  • OHKO Clause
  • Sleep Clause
  • Species Clause
  • Timed Battle
  • Team Preview

General recommendations:
  • Contact your opponent as soon as possible upon the round going up. Activity cases are going to be handled in a very strict manner.
  • When scheduling, offer as wide a swathe of time when you are available to play. 1 hour of activity on one or two weeknights is unlikely to be considered acceptable.
  • Schedule specifically - do not schedule for "Friday afternoon" or "Sunday morning", pick a date, a time and note the timezone.
  • If I catch news of ghosting or some other sort of nefarious play, I reserve the right to investigate to the full limits of my ability in conjunction with the TD team provided there is adequate evidence to warrant it.

That aside, feel free to get back to me (or a tournament director if, for some reason, you don't really trust my judgement) on Smogtours discord server if you still have any questions regarding this tournament (or Grand Slam in general) after reading this post. Since this is Smogon's biggest individual Ubers tournament, I'm expecting a lot of excellent moments, a high level of competition and, eventually + hopefully, a winner!

Last but not least, aside from points towards qualifying for Grand Slam playoffs, this tournament is part of the Ubers Tournament Circuit, so points for that will also be awarded accordingly depending on how well you do!

I'm looking forward to a great tournament, good luck everyone!

Round 2 Extension Deadline: May 4
Round 3 Deadline: May 8

egalvanc  vs  Mike Cometa
ILoveMashing❤  vs  kjetilx
Kate  vs  Hrishioo7
Mercupty  vs  Aberforth
King Billu  vs  BasedWhat?
Expulso  vs  Freezerman
Autumnchi  vs  Meru
TheKingKarp  vs  robjr
TJ  vs  shieldpoke
queso  vs  1729is56time
Skarph  vs  Bruno de Lucas
turtledoggo1  vs  Kev
Exiline  vs  Spl4sh
MichaelderBeste2  vs  Crunchman
Toadow  vs  KeldeoCrowned
Ninja  vs  ninjadog
64 Squares  vs  TonyFlygon
Meminger21  vs  velvet
aim  vs  Fc
Vulpix03  vs  LillianOfficial
Tenebricite  vs  odr
Garay oak  vs  Malekith
Punny  vs  BoomBoomBoo
March Fires  vs  So Noisy
monchooo  vs  MOHAMEDALL
Luthier  vs  ProDigeZz
Mr.378  vs  Kazt
Cosmo.  vs  Rhmsitb
Star  vs  snaga
Bushtush  vs  pannuracotta
bbeeaa  vs  Sharow
Welli0u  vs  Blimax
dahli  vs  M Dragon
Luigi  vs  What should by name be?
Alpha Rabbit  vs  Beraldinho
ox04  vs  halaman95
swordstrike  vs  Alpha1013
Quantum Tesseract  vs  Staxi
TDK  vs  Holy Ghost
skimmythegod  vs  roxiee
kythr  vs  crying
javitu  vs  xavgb
Kink  vs  Merritt
Nael222  vs  EviGaro
jonfilch  vs  Floss
Poek  vs  Eeveeto
Pohjis  vs  Inder
Askov  vs  Pepeduce

Round 2 Extension Deadline: May 4
Round 3 Deadline: May 8

Last edited:

Expulso

Morse code, if I'm talking I'm clicking
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
we’ll need an extension — we are available during opposite halves of this week but both free next tues/weds

Garrett

Banned deucer.
I swear the joke post on Billu's wall before my matchup was posted here was not ever planned to become true.

Select Predicts:
ILoveMashing❤  vs  kjetilx - I really want mashing to go far--don't get to see too many of their games.
King Billu  vs  BasedWhat? - this is funny
Exiline  vs  Spl4sh - the only French show I watch
Ninja  vs  ninjadog - Sparks rigging matches to get funny pairings like this on god???
64 Squares  vs  TonyFlygon - should be a good game, 2 creative builders
aim  vs  Fc - LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Bushtush  vs  pannuracotta - I am so, so sorry pannu
Welli0u  vs  Blimax - Blimax will load crack and hopefully get punished, unable to open the reverse bodybag to his YouTube.
Quantum Tesseract  vs  Staxi - should be a good game
TDK  vs  Holy Ghost - should be a good game
skimmythegod  vs  roxiee - skimmy gets suspiciously far in a lot of ubers/ag tours, so money's on him
kythr  vs  crying - should be a good game
Kink  vs  Merritt - should be a good game
Poek  vs  Eeveeto - should be a good game
Pohjis  vs  Inder - Inder will bring something heat and make this close, wouldn't count him out to prove me wrong

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)